PDA

View Full Version : Werelion Optimization

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-01, 08:06 PM
Hey guys,
Im sitting here bored out of my mind and decided I was going to pull a werelion idea out of my imagination and make it happen in a table top setting. Level 20 is the idea. I was thinking maybe doing some combo of Shifter weretouched master...pre-errata for the actually decent alternative form and use the tiger as my "lion" heritage. Other than that I am pretty open to ideas. I know power attacking with leaping charge and frenzied berserker is nuts. But I was thinking maybe something a bit more original in this case. Anyone got any ideas?

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-01, 08:50 PM
1. LA buyoff
2. Go wereleopard or divine minion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a); it's cheaper on the LA; otherwise, druid for free wildshape
3. Go totemist to max your itemization or dragonfire adept to be a firebreathing lion

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-01, 10:14 PM
Hmm, None of the above are really the feel that I am looking for. I was thinking more along the lines of straight melee but only really good when were-lioned out. I thought maybe there could be a different take on the bear warrior PrC that someone has home brewed. Has anything like that been done using big cats instead of bears?

Thrawn183
2010-06-01, 10:17 PM
You could go Kensai so as to be able to enchant all your natural weapons on the cheap.

Presumably the enhancements would only work when transformed so... exactly what you want?

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-01, 10:24 PM
Thats a pretty good idea for the natural damage. This is the basics that I need. 2 claws and a bite. Pounce, Improved Grab (or similar features) And some sort of roar that would be quite demoralizing to enemies. Any suggestions for those specifically? Lion Totem Barbarian from Complete Champion gets me pounce and...a rather crappy roar as shaken is a silly effect. Weretouched master can get me a couple of those abilities. Id like to keep level adjustments out if I can. I know feral would get me improved grab and pounce but I would like to keep it with Base classes and PrC's if I can.