PDA

View Full Version : Good Feats for an Archivist

BRC
2010-06-01, 09:22 PM
So, I'm about to start a campaign with a human archivist (1st level). Campaign will be largely urban, with lots of Undead. Archivist in question is also a Monk. Don't worry, he has no monk levels, he's part of a monastic order dedicated to fighting the plague that's going around turning people it kills into undead.

So yeah, I need two feats.

Gnaeus
2010-06-01, 09:37 PM
Knowledge Devotion.

The Cat Goddess
2010-06-01, 09:46 PM
Knowledge Devotion.

Can't get Knowledge Devotion at level 1 without Domain trade-in... but you should get it at level 3.

Thurbane
2010-06-01, 09:57 PM
Even in an Undead heavy campaign, Draconic Archivist and Archivist of Nature really expand your Dark Knowledge abilities.

Otherwise, feats that help defend you against Undead: Enduring Life, Unquenchable Flame of Life etc.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-02, 01:30 AM
Extend Spell is a nice option just to have for later use, even if you don't go the Persist route. I'd then probably use the other one for either one of the Dark Knowledge-expanding feats or Skill Focus: Knowledge (Religion) both for early game Dark Knowledge against undead and entry into Divine Oracle.

BRC
2010-06-02, 06:14 PM
I was thinking Spontaneous Healer (Comp Divine) and Bane Magic (Undead) from Heroes of Horror. But I could easily make my guy LN and grab both Spontaneous Healer and Spontaneous Wounder.

Nidogg
2010-06-02, 06:18 PM
Keep spontanious healer so you dont have to waste your spell slots. If your REALLY afraid of taint the pure soul is ok....

Thurbane
2010-06-02, 06:34 PM
I was thinking Spontaneous Healer (Comp Divine) and Bane Magic (Undead) from Heroes of Horror. But I could easily make my guy LN and grab both Spontaneous Healer and Spontaneous Wounder.
Bane Magic (Undead) is quite nice - the blaster Sorc in my EtCR game has gotten great mileage out of it.

Raging Gene Ray
2010-06-02, 07:26 PM

You can't do that. You can only take Spontaneous Healer if you're Good and Spontaneous Wounder if you're Evil.

You could go NE/NG and get Spontaneous Summoner and one other Spontaneous feat, though.

BRC
2010-06-02, 08:56 PM
You can't do that. You can only take Spontaneous Healer if you're Good and Spontaneous Wounder if you're Evil.

You could go NE/NG and get Spontaneous Summoner and one other Spontaneous feat, though.
Nope, it's Nonevil/Nongood.