PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Two Weapon Fighting

cheezewizz2000
2010-06-02, 01:54 AM
Given that THF gives roughly the same reward for one feat (Power Attack) as TWF gets for three, would it be unreasonable/unballancing to remove improved and greater two weapon fighting and just say that for each iterative attack, a person with TWF gets +1 attack/round, but suffers the usual at -2 to their attacks (assuming a light off-hand weapon)?

So for the cost of one feat 20/15/10/5 turns into 18/18/13/13/8/8/3/3?

For the ranger TWF tree I'd replace the upper feats with two-weapon-defense (homebrewed to allow penalties for fighting defensively to apply to attacks with the off-hand only) and perhaps a ranger specific ability to remove the -2 to attacks with primary weapon.

AslanCross
2010-06-02, 01:58 AM
This is a common houserule. Some go even as far as having all of the TWF and TWD feats combined into one.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-02, 02:04 AM
This is a common houserule. Some go even as far as having all of the TWF and TWD feats combined into one.

Basically, this. I know that the 3.5 fix over at Brilliant Gameologists did this, and I also think that some of the local rewrites on GITP do the same.

EDIT: To actually answer the question, no, it's not too strong.

Optimator
2010-06-02, 09:40 PM

This is what our table has done. Hardly overpowered.

lsfreak
2010-06-02, 11:22 PM
If you're really worried, take it down to three feats: all of TWF scales with BAB, TWD scales with BAB, and a feat to allow both attacks on a charge, standard action, and AoO's.

Devils_Advocate
2010-06-03, 03:51 PM
... and then have the Ranger Two-Weapon Combat Style grant those feats, if you want to keep that Combat Style as alternative to Archery for Rangers.

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-03, 05:17 PM
If you're really worried, take it down to three feats: all of TWF scales with BAB, TWD scales with BAB, and a feat to allow both attacks on a charge, standard action, and AoO's.

Best solution IMO.