PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 - Stimpak mods?

Avilan the Grey
2010-06-02, 07:00 AM
Can anyone recommend a mod for stimpaks that do not overcomplicate things? Preferably add some weight to them and maybe a "heal over time" effect, but nothing drastic?

Cristo Meyers
2010-06-02, 09:01 AM
Here's (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4743) a mod for delayed healing. No luck on one that adds weight to them so far...

Triaxx
2010-06-02, 10:37 AM
How much do you want them to weigh? And how little do you want them to heal? I'll custom make one if you like.

Avilan the Grey
2010-06-02, 09:30 PM
How much do you want them to weigh? And how little do you want them to heal? I'll custom make one if you like.

Well let's see... something like this:

Minimum weight (I think that is 0.5, right?)
Healing: Same ammount but instead say over a 4 sec period. With Fast Metabolism 3 seconds.

And let's put the same weight on all chems when we're at it :smallwink:

Edit: ANd Rad-Away should be activated like the Stimpak, removing rads over a period of 4 seconds, 3 seconds with Fast Metabolism.

Triaxx
2010-06-03, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure how to do the over-time healing, but it shouldn't be hard to work out.

The rest is easy enough.

Avilan the Grey
2010-06-03, 08:16 AM
I'm not sure how to do the over-time healing, but it shouldn't be hard to work out.

The rest is easy enough.

The important thing is the weight (for all drugs), makes it impossible to carry around 250 stimpaks.

Triaxx
2010-06-03, 09:00 PM
Done. Only 5kb, shall I E-Mail it?

TamerBill
2010-06-03, 09:10 PM
A heal-over-time effect's actually really easy to make. Just set the Magnitude to how much per second you want healing, and the Duration to how many seconds the effect lasts for. Exactly the same for Rad-Away, too.

Avilan the Grey
2010-06-04, 01:13 AM
Done. Only 5kb, shall I E-Mail it?

Please do, unless you first want to implement the tips from Tamerbill?

Triaxx
2010-06-04, 05:15 AM
I'll send both and see which you like better. I also left weight off of Ultrajet since it's already a pain to get a hold of. Even counting random refrigerators, there's only a certain number of Sugarbombs floating around.

Avilan the Grey
2010-06-04, 05:22 AM
I'll send both and see which you like better. I also left weight off of Ultrajet since it's already a pain to get a hold of. Even counting random refrigerators, there's only a certain number of Sugarbombs floating around.

Sounds good to me :) Thank you.
The reason I asked for this mod is that with both the weapon custom mod and especially the Tailor Maid mod you get slightly over powered. Figured this would compensate a bit.

Avilan the Grey
2010-06-04, 04:41 PM
Thank you; I decided to go with the simple one, mainly because when I started thinking about it it didn't make sense that not everything that gives HP back would do it over time, and I am not about to ask you to do a mod for every frakking item in the game :smallbiggrin:.
Works great in it's simplicity though; I immediately had to dump about half my inventory.

And yes, I got everything back so I can continue with my Lets Play on Sunday. :smallbiggrin: Runs even better on Seven, probably because it's 64 bit so it uses all four gigs instead of three.

Triaxx
2010-06-04, 08:34 PM
64-bit FTW.

I noticed the same thing myself. But most of the other items only restore a few points themselves. Even with the food purifier.