PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends: Awesome Game

Averagedog
2010-06-02, 07:46 AM
Have any of you guys played Dota in the past? Well if you have, Guinsoo and Pendragon have created and released a successor to the game, one that is very enjoyable and more noob friendly (game mechanics wise). There is no denying involved and focuses much more on the positioning and the timing of of yourself when controlling your champion.

This game is a hero arena game, or recently called a "MOBA" (Massively Online Battle Arena)

This game has over 40 champions, 10 free a week and unlockable through in game currency called Influence points. You can also buy skins and champions through money currency called Riot points because of their micro transaction model of business. Their skins are.... a bit pricey, heck very pricy, but they are not necessary to be good at this game because they do not have game changing effects other than the models of the champions they modify.

The game also has a talent system that is interechangeable before every match, and a rune book where you can place runes that can effect your champion. You can buy runes with Influence points, meaning they are free. The grind for runes and heroes are to be expected but the fun you can have with this game is extremely worth it. Get some friends to join the game and you can team up with them in two different maps, one for 5 v5 matches and another for 3 v 3 matches.

The game is free to play but you can purchase a collector's edition to unlock select champions, receive some special runes, and get some Riot Points to purchase skins and more champions.

Hint: If you buy riot points, it is really only worth purchasing champions with Riot Points if the Champion costs 6300 IP/975 RP. Otherwise, it shouldn't be too hard to grind 3,150 IP in a week to purchase other champions at that value.

So If you are interested, Here is a link to the Sign-up page. I'm not going to lie, it is also a referral link. If you have friends that may be interested in this game, you can refer them with your own referral link and gain some REWARDS from riot if you reach certain thresholds. from what I hear, thousands of new players join daily. One guy also actually reached 1000 referrals. Amazing right? Well here is the link as promised.

League of Legends Sign-up (https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b19bb753ea82)

You can also browse the forums by going to www.leagueoflegends.com/board

Shades of Gray
2010-06-02, 08:14 AM
Ta-Dah! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139094)

There is already a thread on the subject.

Averagedog
2010-06-02, 09:25 AM
the purpose of my thread is to recruit new people to the game. I am well aware of the discussion thread. Search Function ftw.

Astrella
2010-06-02, 09:55 AM
I don't think a thread solely for gathering referrals is really allowed though...especially when there's already an existing thread on this topic.

Averagedog
2010-06-02, 05:16 PM
You fail to find the distinction between discussion, and recruitment. Wouldn't it be unforgivable if I simply put out, "here is the link to sign up to league of legends" instead of noting that it IS a referral link? Honestly is always the best policy when it comes to spreading awareness of any kind. If the moderators don't see it fit for this thread to exist, then they will simply lock it and delete it.

Shades of Gray
2010-06-02, 05:32 PM
You fail to find the distinction between discussion, and recruitment. Wouldn't it be unforgivable if I simply put out, "here is the link to sign up to league of legends" instead of noting that it IS a referral link? Honestly is always the best policy when it comes to spreading awareness of any kind. If the moderators don't see it fit for this thread to exist, then they will simply lock it and delete it.

We understand the distinction between discussion and recruitment. Discussing is talking about the game. Recruiting is getting others to play the game. Telling us that we do not understand what two basic concepts are does not help your case.

However we already have one thread on the subject of the game, and that's all that most games have. Making one thread to get people to post on another thread is not really how it works here, unless you are recruiting for a PbP game (which LoL is not.) As it stands, there is no reason why we cannot have a link to the sign-up on the first post of the existing League of Legends thread, which will serve the same purpose as having an additional thread.