PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of Xen'drik

esorscher
2010-06-02, 08:38 AM
OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154575)

Our story opens on a pleasant scene: a small office building, sitting in the shadow of the the Falconer’s Spire. A sign hangs above the double doors out front: Xen’drik Explorers. Inside, four brave adventurers have their offices, available for hire as a party or on their own.

Currently, a halfling sits in these offices, telling the Explorers his tale. He has a history with them—their last job together was to rescue this poor fellow. And they succeeded, but not before the drow could ritually burn half his body beyond healing. The entire left side of the halfling is scarred. Still, his eyes are just as keen as ever, and his offer just as sweet.

“First I want to thank you for rescuing me,” he says, knowing that you appreciate the payment his sister gave you well enough. “But I find myself asking, what is the life I have returned to? The group I was with when I was captured is still missing, as is the shipment of Siberys shards that we were transporting to an, erm, offsite location.” You know as well as he that he was smuggling, but you are just as unwilling to voice the matter. You’ve been party to this sort of activity before. “If I can’t get them delivered, no one’s ever going to hire me as a guide again. If I lead you to them, can you help me rescue the captives and deliver the shards to the harbor? I’ll pay you, of course, 2000 GP.”

Ertier
2010-06-02, 09:06 AM
Derek sits cross-legged against the far wall, trimming his whiskers with a small straight razor. A nasty looking sword lays across his lap.

Money makes this godforsaken world spin, and it's all I need to put myself in harms way, even for something as petty as... well, I'd be hypocrite so never-mind. I'm... His words trail off mid-sentence as he glances around the room.

I'm in. Can't speak for the others though.

Solophoenix
2010-06-02, 10:13 AM
Solomon sits back in his chair, having paused from reading the tome on his desk when the Halfling entered. Picking up his hat and rotating it slowly in his hands, he speaks.

"Hmmm...with that kind of money I could buy one of those fancy magic ration pouches...it'd certainly make things simpler...oh and some scrolls... Sounds interesting. I'm in."

Postmodernist
2010-06-02, 11:39 AM
Gatecrasher, the only one standing in the room, waits for the responses of his fellows before answering.

"Comrade Sorgav Tillatar is clearly in need of additional assistance. His stated objectives remain unfulfilled. I will volunteer for this mission." The Warforged seems satisfied that he has conveyed his intended message adequately, though he silently reproaches himself for the inhumanity of his speech. "These drow will prove no more harmful than Tower spit," he states, attempting to pepper his speech with a common Brelish expression he heard frequently during his time in Sharn. The semblance of a smile creeps across his face, pleased with his mastery of colloquialism.

Solophoenix
2010-06-02, 01:34 PM
Solomon smirks at hearing Gatecrasher's speech idioms, and then quickly frowns disgustedly when he thinks about what "tower spit" might refer to.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-02, 07:15 PM
"I'm interested in your offer, it sounds like it can turn into my kind of job..." Azaril sweeps her long black hair around from her back and quickly ties it back with a thin strip of leather, and give a sly grin. "However delivering it to the harbour may be trickier than you think. If the 'Rats get wind of this, or Goodblade sniffs a hint of a Dragonshard in his territory, then you'll be hounded like a b*tch in heat and they don't usually stop until you're out of pocket or swimming with the fishes. Who is your contact?"

She had lived in Stormreach for longer than she cared to remember, and had an extremely close call with the Bilge Rats on a personal level before settling in with the Explorers. Needless to say she knew how tough it could be to get something past their ever-tweaking noses, and to show her face so boldly with a shipment within the harbour could pose a problem.

Ertier
2010-06-02, 07:25 PM
Derek's eyebrow raises in a questioning manner. He stands up and walks over to the table from his place by the wall. He grins at the Azaril to the side then looks at the halfling.

Well friend, I say that if you need someone to guard your shipment while it sits in port, from the horrible men that would seek to plunder it, I could easily be persuaded with just a bit more coin. Perhaps, 250 quid for me. However, I'm cheap. The others will likely require a more... substantial... sum, if they were to assist.

Hehe, this fool has no idea what he's getting himself into. Derek muses silently.

Will you be paying us up front?

Ertier
2010-06-02, 07:30 PM
Relevant Rolls for Above Post

Bluff [roll0]

After the halfling leaves, Derek will contact any of his fences and see if they would be interested in buying a large amount of Siberys dragonshards.

Gather Information [roll1]

esorscher
2010-06-02, 07:51 PM
"I think you misunderstand me," the halfling says. There's a sharpness in his voice that says he's smarter than you may think he is. "The harbor is outside the city. We'll be safe from the Bilge Rats, and from the Guard. There's only two people who know where it is. One of them's already there, and the other's right here. Once it's loaded, the ship's setting sail, so there's no need for an overnight guard. No, all I need you for is what I've already asked, and what you've already agreed to." He passes over Azaril's pointed question, unwilling to divulge anything more about the shipment. "As for payment, you'll get that when we get back. There's no time now to spend it, anyway. If you're ready, follow me. Otherwise, meet me between the two western bridges in Southwatch." He stands. "Again, thank you for your help. My livelihood is at stake." If there is nothing you need from him, he heads for the rendezvous point.

Ertier:
Your fences are too afraid of the Bilge Rats and Berrigan Enge, the harbormaster known for his watchful eye.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-02, 08:05 PM
As the halfling leaves Azaril straightens her back and stretches her arms, then proceeds to lean back against the wall.
"I don't like it." She says, rather abruptly. "However, pay is pay, even if it does make me uneasy that he isn't willing to show any gold up front." She starts pacing at this point, flipping her boot knife from her ankle and twirling it around her fingers. "If he's so concerned about not using the harbour in the city then I think that his shipment is more than a few Dragonshards; the Rats wouldn't care to get their hands on something like that, they're more interested in power via stronghold, and having their twiddling hands firmly up the tight a*sholes of the Coin Lord puppets, than finicky magical trinkets. The Rats are the only real threat in the harbour; everyone else is small-fry. Sending them off-site just fires off all the wrong warning signals. There's something else he's smuggling."

Her darkened demeanour suddenly becomes chipper as a wide grin appears across her face, "Besides if he doesn't pay up then we'll just take our fair share of payment from what is in his pretty little crates, won't we?"

Postmodernist
2010-06-03, 01:00 AM
Gatecrasher listens to Azaril's comments before shaking his head. "I disagree. Master Tillatar has employed us before, and has openly stated his appreciation for our efforts. I trust that he will render the payment he has promised us, as we rescued him from an untimely oblivion. If he chooses not to fully disclose his intentions, it is because they are not relevant to the task we have at hand. Any complications with the authorities or the Bilge Rats which arise from his activities are his problem and not ours."

Gatecrasher looks at his associates scattered across the room. "I am prepared, as always, to depart immediately. I understand that you may require supplies to satisfy your needs. I will wait patiently until you make yourselves ready."

Solophoenix
2010-06-03, 02:39 AM
As the Halfling leaves, Solomon quickly heads into the war room and collects his crossbow and dagger from the wall, before returning to his desk and pulling his Haversack out of a bottom drawer.

"Alright then 'Crasher, looks like we're the advance guard. I think we should go right now with Sorgav, given the propensity he has for getting himself into trouble, just in case."

Now speaking to Derek and Azaril

"We'll wait at the rendezvous for an hour while you two decide if you want to help the poor guy or not, after that, we'll head out."

Solomon will leave with Gatecrasher, trying to catch up to the Halfling.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-03, 08:01 AM
"Hey, I never said I wouldn't!" She jogs behind the party members leaving, "and besides the last time we met him he didn't really have a choice but to pay us; we saved that b*stard's life, and not paying us would have risked his sorry a*s again." She sticks her tongue out and grins.

Ertier
2010-06-03, 05:12 PM
I'll help alright, but if something fishy... Derek says, getting his gear together for the road. I don't trust this guy, he seems a bit too much like me. I was hoping to swindle him first... but that doesn't seem like an opportunity.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-03, 05:14 PM
"There's always an opportunity." Azaril replies, still in a rather up-beat mood; it had been too long she had been hired for a potentially-dodgy job and it get her adrenaline pumping, "Just remember to be smart enough to make sure it doesn't look like we're involved!"

esorscher
2010-06-03, 05:35 PM
Sorgav is standing between the two bridges, as he said he would be. You inspect him as you draw near. His vest is finely embroidered, and around his neck he has a shrunken drow head. On his left hip is a sheathed dagger, on his right hip, three wands. A strange looking rune-carved branch sticks out of his backpack, easily within his grasp. “Thank you for coming so quickly,” he says. “There’s no time to waste. Stay close to me.”

He takes off at a steady clip down the beaten path. As the path gives way to the jungle, he treads more carefully through the thick underbrush, but still, moving quickly. It is difficult for you to keep up. Suddenly, he stops, and you almost run smack into him. You catch yourself on your toes, though. “Quiet” he whispers. There’s something moving up ahead, maybe 30’ through the brush.

Rolls:

Spot
Gatecrasher: [roll0]
Azaril: [roll1]
Derek: [roll2]
Solomon: [roll3]
Sorgav: [roll4]

vs. DC: [roll5]

If you beat the DC, you glimpse a flash of movement between the foliage, and have just enough time to ready yourself for an attack before two drow leap out from in front of you, hurling boomerangs. Four more pop out form behind you, also hurling boomerangs.

Rolls:
If you failed your spot check, you are considered flat-footed for these attacks.

vs. Gatecrasher [roll6], [roll7]
vs. Azaril [roll8], [roll9]
vs. Derek [roll10], [roll11]
vs. Solomon [roll12], [roll13]
vs. Sorgav [roll14], [roll15]

Determining who gets the extra attack:
1=Gatecrasher, 2=Azaril, 3=Derek, 4=Solomon, 5=Sorgav
[roll16]
vs. ? [roll17], [roll18]

Sorgav lets loose a vicious curse. “Drow!” he says tersely and unnecessarily.
----ROUND 1----YOUR TURN----
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/jungle.png
Brown circles are tree trunks. Circles with green have thick brush and count as difficult terrain, tan circles do not and you can move through freely.

Solophoenix
2010-06-03, 06:36 PM
"OW!!!"

Furiously, Solomon yanks some licorice root from his belt and begins precisely flicking his hands as he intones arcane speech.

Casting Haste (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm) on the whole party. Then moving 5ft north.

"Get em, boys!...sorry Azaril, you too"

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-03, 07:27 PM
"Hey quit apologising, you know I'm more of a man than half of you boys! I've had more women, after all."After feeling the exhilaration of the spell wash over her body, Azaril grins, clicks her heels. "Now you see me..." Flicks out of view appearing in the space between Gatecrasher and Derek, letting her arrows fly.

"Lets get the party started and send these black b*stards back where they came from!"

--

Rapid Shot Hasted Skirmish Arrows at +9 for the first two (-2 for Rapid Shot, but +1 for Haste and +1 for Point Blank Shot), +8 at the one outside 30ft.

vs. North West Drow [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + Shock: [roll2] + Skirmish [roll3]
vs. West North West Drow [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] + Shock: [roll6] + Skirmish [roll7]
vs. West South West Drow [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] + Shock: [roll10] not in range for Skirmish or Point Blank Shot.

esorscher
2010-06-03, 08:51 PM
Azaril's arrows fly true, striking each of the three elves squarely. Her arrows piercing their armor, and the electricity that each carries is enough to kill a man, a drow, for their vaunted abilities, are not immune to that. Their corpses fall against the jungle floor.

Azaril kills the three drow she aimed at.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-03, 09:50 PM
(Speaking in Elven)

"Now does anyone else want to join them, or are you going to drop your weapons and play along nicely? This b*tch ain't gonna ask twice, ya hear? If you decide to run I can drop you through the trees over 100ft away, so I wouldn't fancy your pretty chances."

Ertier
2010-06-03, 09:51 PM
Derek lets loose a cruel smile and whips a small wand out and aims it at the eastern most drow and fires. Not waiting seeing if it has any effect, he closes in anyway, shortsword charged with a disturbing purplish energy.

Combat Actions
Move seven squares (70 ft speed, 35 feet away with one square diagonal, I can make it!) to close with the easternmost drow.

UMD Check vs DC 20 [roll0], success indicates the Drow must make a Will Save versus DC 15 or become flatfooted.

Attack Roll
[roll1]
Edit: Let's hope it gets flatfooted and isn't wearing armor.
Edit 2: Also, that's 12, I forgot to adjust for Haste and the enchantment on my weapon.

Damage: Hideous Blow
[roll2]
Damage: Sneak Attack (if applicable)
[roll3]

esorscher
2010-06-04, 12:37 AM
Drow Save: [roll0]

The arcane energy channels through the sword into the drow's skull as the blade finds a home in the dark cranium. Gray matter oozes out as Derek withdraws his weapon. Despite this, the Drow are unfazed. One of the two remaining (southeast and southwest, respectively) laughs at Azaril's request, boldly claiming (in elven), "Our people have lived here for thousands of years," his voice a harsh rasp, "Our death only strengthens the Promise."

Knowledge Religion (DC 20):
The drow who follow the Sulatar faith believe that when the Gates of the Promise open, all will fall beneath their fiery dominion. (Secrets of Xen'drik 51)

[If you don't post within 24 hours of the first combat post, I'll NPC your actions for you, to keep things moving. So, 4:36 tomorrow PDT, for this post. This rule will apply on weekends.]

Postmodernist
2010-06-04, 12:08 PM
Gatecrasher, dismayed that the jungle has restricted the use of his favorite tactical option, moves to the southwesternmost drow and swings with his greatsword. Boomerangs clatter off of the warforged's body, barely scratching his adamantine frame.

50' of movement should just barely get me adjacent
Power attacking for 1 point:[roll0]
Hasted attack, as above [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]
[roll3]
My DR has reduced my damage to 2 points and 1 point, respectively, unless the boomerangs are adamantine.

esorscher
2010-06-04, 12:31 PM
Gatecrasher's sword cleaves the drow asunder after the first hit. Sorgav draws a wand from his belt as he darts to the remaining drow. The tip of the wand glows as Sorgav's blade slices toward the standing drow; just before the drow is struck, he swings his head around to look in the opposite direction, allowing the tip of Sorgav's sword to slip cleanly between the chinks in the drow's armor. The drow survives, drawing his own sword and attacking Sorgav (next post). He is badly bloodied (<50% health).

Sorgav: [roll0], [roll1]+[roll2]

----ROUND 2----YOUR TURN----
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/jungle-1.png

esorscher
2010-06-04, 12:35 PM
Drow Attack:
[roll0], [roll1] (miss)

Postmodernist
2010-06-04, 01:01 PM
"Surrender, creature. You are outmatched. Be grateful we give you the choice between being taken prisoner or death," Gatecrasher intones as he approaches the Drow, his greatsword still dripping blood.

esorscher
2010-06-04, 01:07 PM
The drow looks around at you all, weighing his options. Wisely, he drops his sword on the ground. "Alright," he says, as defiantly as he can, "I surrender."

Postmodernist
2010-06-04, 01:21 PM
Gatecrasher grins, pleased with this development. He draws a set of masterwork manacles out of his backpack, and places them on the drow's wrists. "You have chosen wisely. Come with us." He then looks to see how his companions have responded to the ambush. "Headcount lads! Status report!"

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-04, 06:38 PM
"Bind his hands, stuff something in his mouth. We don't need him announcing our arrival to anyone either."

Solophoenix
2010-06-05, 02:18 AM
Solomon approaches the Drow as Gatecrasher binds him. Speaking in a soft voice.

"You made the right decision there, I really didn't want to see you, or any of you, get hurt. You saw how I didn't attack you during the fight, I'm afraid there wasn't anything I could do to stop the others...and there really still isn't. You see, they're not awfully keen on prisoners, so I suggest you make yourself useful, and fast, or they might decide to send you down the nearest river in a series of consecutively smaller sacks. I'll try my best to stop them, but there's really nothing I can do once they set their minds to something...especially the female...well...you saw what she did. So tell us where the Siberys traders are being held captive, and anything you can think of that will help us get them back with minimal bloodshed, and I'll try my best to convince the others to let you live..."

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

esorscher
2010-06-05, 09:16 AM
Where are the traders being held captive?

"Three miles from here, through the brush. That one," he nods his head at Sorgav. "knows where."

Why are you attacking unprovoked? (Duh, they're Drow... )

"Unprovoked? UNPROVOKED? You spoil our lands, you murder our people, you desecrate our gods. And when we defend ourselves, you call us unprovoked."

How many of you are there?

"We came from a band of two dozen."

Are there any others working with you that aren't Drow?

The drow just laughs.

Is there another patrol on the way?

He shakes his head, no.

Are the others aware of our presence?

Again, no. "Not yet. We were on routine patrol when we discovered you."

What kind of resistance are we likely to face when we go to rescue the traders? Any known traps, and ways to bypass/disable them?

"I'll die before I tell you that."

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-05, 10:18 AM
"Well..." Azaril once again reaches for her boot knife and twirls it around in her fingers. "Technically we're not the ones who 'spoil' your land, so that right there is just holding a grudge." She just grins, cocking her head slightly to the side in a playful manner just to taunt the Drow.
"And I don't think I've killed any Drow from your tribe before, and I don't kill unless attacked first which you just happened to do right then. And I find it difficult to desecrate a god I know nothing about. Blasphemous? Maybe. Unintentionally. But desecrate is another thing entirely. Mhmm? However that's just semantics really. You've answered all my questions rather well, wouldn't you guys all agree?"

She looks to the others to see if they have anything further to add.

Postmodernist
2010-06-05, 10:19 AM
Gatecrasher listens to the dark elf's responses, and develops a grudging admiration for his defiant answers. "Ha. If the Drow prefers to die before telling us anything, I imagine we can arrange that for him. Sorgav, does this information square with what you know about the area? Also, we should search the bodies. Perhaps we'll find something useful among them." He looks at the Drow menacingly before stating, "I'll keep an eye on this one and make sure he doesn't stray."

esorscher
2010-06-05, 10:30 AM
"He's telling the truth," Sorgav says, scanning the jungle around you continuously. He peers through the trees, and points south. "The drow came from a camp that way."

The drow spits on the ground at Azaril's words. It is clear he disagrees, but he is not willing to argue. "The drow are fractured, for the moment, split into dozens of tribes, as far as I've traveled. But their tribal legends speak of a time when a great leader will arise, and unite the many tribes under his banner against the invaders. Some drow believe this is the time of the prophecy. I doubt that your rationalizations will have much effect on them." Sorgav explains. It is hard to tell where he stands on the matter, though it is evident that the drow before you believes in the prophecy. Gatecrasher's threat washes over him meaninglessly.

Loot:
(retail value)

Drow Scorpion Chain (25 gp) x4
Xen’drik Boomerang (20 gp) x15
Smokestick (20 gp) x4
Thunderstone (30 gp) x4
Chitin Armor (20 gp) x4
Masterwork Drow Long Knife (315 gp) x2
Potion of CLW (50 gp) x1
Masterwork Chitin Armor (170 gp) x1

Solophoenix
2010-06-05, 11:33 AM
"I suggest we hide the bodies. If a patrol is late getting in, that's a mystery and a cause for wariness, if they're found dead, that's cause for alarm and a hunt, both of which we could do without."

Ertier
2010-06-05, 01:22 PM
Bad idea Solomon, hiding the bodies is too risky. Think about it. How many Drow are there in this damn forest? How long do you think we have until they realize that this scout party hasn't come back? We need to keep moving lest we get ambushed again. Make no mistake, we are trespassers here, and to presume that this is not their land is to err on the side of recklessness and idiocy. Derek laughs nervously and looks at the Drow.

I don't speak Elven, but tell him that they did a commendable job ambushing us, had we been traders or rookies, we'd be dead. Also tell him that we are going to kill him quickly if he tells us the details of the camp, and if he doesn't tell us what awaits us, I'll cut out his eyes and tongue and leave him to slowly bleed to death in the jungle while we kill his comrades. Derek's smile intensifies to a stare. A veneer of utter seriousness and perversion creeps across his countenance.

Rolls

Intimidate [roll0]

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-05, 01:45 PM
In Elven

"Basically? He doesn't like you all that much. He's sizing up various parts of your body for trophies and is wondering what will hurt you more before you die if you don't give us all the information we want to know. He says we'll kill you quickly and relatively honorably if you tell us, but if not he'll string you up, pluck out those pretty little eyes of yours, cut out your tongue and let you bleed to death in the jungle while we slaughter all of your tribe, killing them in the same way."

She stops and thinks about it for a while. "Oh, and there was something about your b*llocks too, but I can't quite translate that correctly."

Intimidate, aid another [roll0] Talking in a silly voice, evidently.

esorscher
2010-06-05, 01:57 PM
At first, the Drow looks almost flattered, as Derek compliments their abilities. He knows that the battle was over before it began. But when the compliment turns sour, the words seem to reach the Drow. Death he is prepared for, but torture?

"Our camp sits atop a hill overlooking the intersection of two rivers. There were 24 of us this morning. Six of us went out on patrol. Six were dispatched further south, and are not expected to return for weeks.

Our camp is surrounded blood thorns, the only clear path is under constant surveillance. The prisoners are held in the eastern watch tower, and are guarded by four of our warriors.

I warn you, we who you defeated are the lowest rank of our tribe. Those who remained at home have earned that right; their trophies will remind you when you approach. Kill me if you will, but my brethren will avenge me."

Postmodernist
2010-06-05, 02:36 PM
Gatecrasher ponders this new information. "Hmmm. That leaves another dozen in the encampment, four of which are occupied with guarding the prisoners. That leaves 8 against the five of us. Fair odds, since they don't know we're coming. The only problem I foresee is the approach. I don't know what blood thorns are, but they sound unpleasant. If the path is watched, we lose our advantage. We could attempt an attack from the river, but we'll need to be stealthy. I'm comfortable with the direct approach as well. Any other suggestions?" The warforged looks at his friends for a moment, then back at the drow. "What shall we do with him? He may not have outlived his usefulness yet."

Solophoenix
2010-06-05, 06:58 PM
"My connection the the Arcane Order's spellpool will allow me to call a spell to make us invisible for a few minutes on our approach to the camp. If we could move in undetected, I could then cast another Haste spell, allowing us a lightning-fast surprise attack"

Ertier
2010-06-06, 10:22 AM
Hmm... I think Solomon has the right idea. if we move fast and strike hard we can end this before it even starts. As for the Drow... Derek looks squarely in the face of the Dark Elf.

As tempting as it would be to torture him slowly... No. Derek muses silently.

Give him death with honor, I would request the same. Be at peace, honorable foe.

Rolls

If nobody stops him, Derek slits the Drow's throat (Coup de Grace) and then cuts off its ear as a trophy.

Coup De Grace Damage
3d6+1x2

Ertier
2010-06-06, 10:23 AM
Let's try this again.

Coup de Grace Damage
[roll0] x2 = 36 Damage

Postmodernist
2010-06-06, 01:13 PM
Gatecrasher wacthes Derek draw back his weapon at the Drow. He disapproves, but he had seen worse acts in the Mournlands. It seemed gratuitous and entirely unnecessary, given that the dark elf had cooperated while maintaining as much honor as he could. The living construct decided that he would have to keep a close eye on the warlock, as his behavior continued to appear somewhat erratic. Gatecrasher thought the prisoner had deserved to live, and yet he did not intervene on his behalf. He wondered why that was.

Freedom. The choice to kill or set free, to take a life or save one from destruction- freedom was a funny thing. Still, Gatecrasher had exercised his freedom after a fashion, so it was evidence that he was alive, and a creature capable of moral judgment.

So why did he feel guilty?

Ertier
2010-06-06, 03:47 PM
Well, no need to loiter. Derek says quietly as he wipes the blood from his sword. He looks at the dead drow at his feet. A momentary pang of emotion sticks in his face, then fades to his usual cold demeanor.

Let's keep moving, no? Like our friend said, there are still six of them out there, and while they aren't expected to return, I don't want to take any risks.

esorscher
2010-06-06, 04:12 PM
Sorgav nods. "This way." He heads off through the forest. He stops at a river, looking up and down. The five of you follow the river south for another mile, then he stops, and points. 600' ahead, the river splits into its two tributaries. At the intersection, a mound of earth rises up, maybe 50' high. Except for a sloping path in plain sight, the palisade at the summit looks difficult to reach, surrounded on all sides by a near cliff face, dotted by leafy shrubbery.

Sorgav continues to lead, slowly this time. "I've been here before," he whispers to whoever is next to him. "When the drow took this hill." You reach a bridge decorated with humanoid skulls, as well as the scattered pieces of a few broken warforged. A fresh humanoid head, dark-skinned with an agonizing scream stuck on its face, is mounted on a pike. Sorgav walks over to it, staring at it gravely. "Inunchuk," he sighs, closing the head's eyes. He turns back to you. "We must move quickly. They have already killed one of my friends."

You are just out of sight of the northernmost guard tower. Once you begin your attack, make spot checks.

The bridge leads to a sloping path easily watched by the northernmost guard tower.

If you decide not to take the sloping path, you can scale up the cliff face, dealing with the Blood Thorns and climb checks.

Overview (zoomed in maps will be used for combat)
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/campsite1.png

Solophoenix
2010-06-06, 05:33 PM
Solomon speaks softly to the group.

"My spell of invisibility will give us ample time to reach the walls, at which time I can distract the guards with illusions. I regret that I have no spells which will aid in either breaching or scaling the walls, however. For that, I can only offer a rope and grappling hook I have packed."

Ertier
2010-06-06, 05:41 PM
I can scale the walls easy with some minor applications of my magic, and hopefully do some damage and distract the guards so you can follow. Derek flexes fists.

Solomon, if you cast Haste and Invisibility on me, I can get in quickly and undetected.

Solophoenix
2010-06-06, 06:03 PM
"And take out one guard? Ending the invisibility and making you a lonely target for the rest to concentrate on? No, I think it best if we all approach together, and attack as one, you may scale the wall at that point if you wish, but I can't keep the invisibility effect up once you're ten feet away from me. As for distracting the guards, I ask you to trust me on that matter, for I have a cunning plan..."

Ertier
2010-06-06, 06:41 PM
Hmm. Fair enough. Hopefully between me and Azaril, we can take the guards out at a range, before they can prepare.

Postmodernist
2010-06-06, 06:52 PM
Gatecrasher nods to Solomon. "I agree that we should attack as a unit. Under cover of invisibility, we can simply take that path to the bridge. Once we engage, I'll try to keep them focused on me while the rest of you take them from afar. What's this cunning plan of yours, Solomon?"

Solophoenix
2010-06-07, 08:54 AM
Solomon grins,

"Let's say, hypothetically, that you were a fanatically religious Drow, tasked with keeping watch over the approach to a citadel. Suppose also, hypothetically, that all of a sudden, an avatar of your god appeared in the sky above this citadel of yours. Would this perhaps cause your attention to lapse from your staunch lookout? Perhaps you may even fall to your knees and bow, giving say...a sneaky man named Derek ample time to climb over the wall and open the gate for his allies?"

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-07, 04:40 PM
"I've always liked the way you think, Solomon. We might not always see eye-to-eye on everything but your plans are always devious." Azaril makes sure the string on her bow is ready and taut, readying an arrow.
"I am better approaching from the sides or a flanking position rather than running in first, but I'm sure you know that by now. I believe you've officially put yourself in charge of this operation, so just tell me where to go!"

esorscher
2010-06-07, 05:23 PM
Following the plan, you make it to the gates without detection. There is a single drow atop the wall.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/campsite2.png

Ertier
2010-06-07, 06:01 PM
((My Spiderwalk invocation has, of course, been active since this morning. :smallwink:))

Let's get this show on the road.

Actions as soon as Solomon casts the illusion:

Move 5 feet NE, then 25 feet east, then x amount of feet up.

If X is less than or equal to 15 feet (within range of his Haste boosted Spiderwalk)Derek reaches the top of the wall and makes a Hideous Blow Sneak Attack (Spring Attack to avoid any AoO) at the Dark Green Drow then jumps off the wall into the fortress with his last square of movement.

Attack
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Falling Damage
[roll2]

Jump Check to Reduce
[roll3]

If X is greater than 15 feet.

Derek moves as far up the wall as possible while retaining his standard action, getting within 30 feet of the Drow then blasts the Dark Green Drow with a Sneak Attack Eldritch Blast.

Attack
[roll4]

Damage
[roll5]

Ertier
2010-06-07, 06:04 PM
If either scenario from the above post works;

Critical Hit Confirmation
[roll0]

Edit: So, if I managed to pull that off, that Drow just took 44 damage.

That last post was the best rolling of my life.

Ertier
2010-06-07, 06:14 PM
One more thing:

Hopefully the illusion distracted them allowing me to hide at the bottom of the wall, or behind it, after attacking, taking a -10 penalty to my hide check.

Hide (normally +14, adjusted for modifiers)
[roll0]

Solophoenix
2010-06-07, 06:18 PM
Solomon whispers to Derek

"Wait until the instant you feel the Haste effect, and then go."

Solomon edges everyone slowly closer, so as to bring his target point into range. He begins casting his spells with a flicking of hands and a muttering of incantations.

Solomon will cast Ghost Sound (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/ghostSound.htm) centered on a point in the air just behind the wall, at as high a height as is dictated by the trigonometry of the situation and his ability to get line of effect. The spell will replicate loud peals of thunder.

He will then cast Silent Image (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/silentImage.htm) at the same point, replicating a very aggresive looking 30ft tall Drow-Scorpion Hybrid with arms outstretched, palms downward.

To finish, a casting of Haste (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm)

With the final motion of his hands in the casting of the Haste spell, Solomon pats Derek on the back.

esorscher
2010-06-07, 06:35 PM
The wall is 15' tall. You take the falling damage, but make it to the ground.

Drow Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

"Amalana!" cries one of the drow on the wall, thinking he sees a divine omen. One of his companions recognize it as an illusion, and realizes the camp is under attack--seeing Derek slay the drow over the gates, then leap down, only confirms this. He watches in fear as one instant, his fellow looks out over the jungle, the next, the torso slides sickeningly off the waist while a man leaps from the wall. He too shouts.

Derek:
A scantily-clad drow comes out of one of the bunkhouses, a chain wrapped around her waist. After the second drow shouts, a second but equally scantily-clad drow comes out of the other bunkhouse, though sans chain. She is followed by a third drow, who has two boomerangs drawn in either hand. You see two of the drow long knives at his waist.

OOC:
You are unable to hide, as two of the drow (and the drow that comes out after) make their saves. However, you move quick enough to catch them by surprise--your first round is treated as a surprise round, so it is now the first round of battle. (If Azaril and Gatecrasher would like to take actions, they still can.)

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/campsite3.png
(gates open in)

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-08, 08:21 AM
Azaril at this point, having felt the effects of the spell, will run along the wall north keeping as close to it as she can. (Double Movement, 160' in total should get me there :smalltongue:.) Once along the north wall she will throw up her grappling hook and rope past the two Drow on the wall and attempt to climb up slowly and quietly, hoping to get the drop on those who have their attention elsewhere on the rest of the party.

Hide + Move Silently to move around the wall at normal speed (-5)
[roll0]
[roll1]
Well Throw vs AC 5 for the Grappling Hook once there is enough noise to cover up the clank of it (hey, could always roll a 1): [roll2]
Climb with rope, [roll3]

This will probably take more than just the 1 round to do it, but she's no use waiting around in the fray now the Invisibility Sphere has disappeared due to Silent Image.

Solophoenix
2010-06-08, 09:19 AM
((Invisibility Sphere is still up, Silent Image doesn't end it.))

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-08, 09:47 AM
((Anything that forces a saving throw ends Invisibility as it's seen as a threatening action))

esorscher
2010-06-08, 09:55 AM
((Unless I'm reading it wrong, Minor Image and Ghost Sound don't force saves, only if you interact with them. Either way: OOC thread.))

Ertier
2010-06-08, 10:11 PM
As soon as possible, Derek opens the door.

Solophoenix
2010-06-09, 03:40 AM
((Actions for after the gate opens))

Solomon follows the charging Gatecrasher, keeping him invisible until he reaches a point 20ft inside the gates. ((Gatecrasher will thus appear when he reaches 30ft inside the gates)). He begins muttering again and moves his hands precisely.

Casting another Silent Image (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/silentImage.htm) to make an illusory Azaril appear 50ft south of the Drow with the chain. She will fire two arrows that just miss the Drow.

Postmodernist
2010-06-10, 01:02 PM
Gatecrasher watches the gates open before him, and observes the alarmed Drow preparing for battle. Despite his magically enhanced speed, the living construct determines that he cannot reach them with a charge, so he moves alongside Solomon to the edge of the invisibility sphere, remaining unseen by his enemies.

esorscher
2010-06-10, 02:13 PM
Just before the gate is opened, Sorgav draws a 6” wooden plank from his vest. It glows as he activates it, and a shimmering white disk of force appears at his side, orbiting around him (Shield). He replaces it, and draws his sword. After the gate is opened, he runs in, drawing a wand in his free hand.

Seeing Azaril mount the wall, the drow nearest her moves to stop her. He runs along the wall, drawing his knife and slicing at the scout. The other drow on the walls aim their bows, and fire at the party members they can see—two against Derek, and one against Sorgav. The three drow on the ground move torward you, the two forward women separating and the man in the rear coming up the middle. The one with the chain unwraps it from around her waist as she moves, then casts a spell (Spellcraft DC 17), clutching her necklace. A flail materializes behind Azaril, swinging at her. The other female drow runs south, then casts a spell (Spellcraft DC 18). A fireball flies across the field, exploding in front of the gates.

Drow vs Azaril: [roll0], [roll1]
Flail vs Azaril: [roll2], [roll3]
Drow vs. Derek: [roll4], [roll5]
Drow vs. Derek: [roll6], [roll7]
Drow vs. Sorgav: [roll8], [roll9]
Fireball (ref DC 17 half) vs everyone except Azaril: [roll10]

Spellcraft
DC 17: Spiritual Weapon
DC 18: Fireball

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/campsite4.png

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-10, 03:41 PM
In Elvish "You'll have to do better than that to dance with me, pretty boy!" Once again she clicks her heels and appears the other side of the Drow attempting to attack her, stepping far enough away to make the shot count then proceeds to level an arrow in his back. She then turns, firing another arrow at the Drow behind her that is taking pot shots at the party. Her third arrow scanning the crowd to pick off any other weaker-looking targets.

--

Anklet of Translocation north 10ft, 5ft Step to be away from the Drow then shooting him. Turning around and shooting the Drow on the north wall, then shooting the caster that caused the Flail to appear.

vs. Drow that tried to stab me: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + Shock [roll2] + Skirmish [roll3]
vs. Drow on the North Wall: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] + Shock [roll6] + Skirmish [roll7]
vs. If either Drow is still standing: [roll8], or +8 if against the Caster.
Damage: [roll9] (or +3 vs Caster) + Shock [roll10] + Skirmish [roll11] (no Skirmish if vs Caster)

Postmodernist
2010-06-10, 04:13 PM
Gatecrasher bellows as he charges the nearest drow, the one wielding the chain. He feels the field of invisibility dissipate around him, as suddenly his mind narrows its focus to the battle at hand.

--

Rage, charging full attack (from Spirit Lion totem) the nearest Drow, 2 handed power attacking for 5 points of BAB, which are offset by the Rage strength bonus, haste, and the charge. 12 temporary HP (total I believe is 40 current HP +12 temp), rage lasts 9 rounds. DMG = {STR (22/+6 mod) x1.5 = 9} + 10 2H PA +1d8 Powerful Charge +1 weapon. I don't think the hasted bonus attack comes, as I defer to your interpretation of Pounce. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm)

Attack 1

[roll]2d6+1d8+20

Attack 2
[roll1]
[roll2]

EDIT: Oh dear sweet Sovereign Host, both attacks look like a crits. Thats 1/400 chance, people. Do you want us to roll for confirmation, or will you? I also quite obviously screwed up my damage roll, but the crit will change it anyway.

Solophoenix
2010-06-10, 04:47 PM
Solomon gasps at the sudden intense burning pain, and feels the crackle of lightning at his fingertips as he imagines sending a blast of sweet revenge at the Drow arcanist. His better judgment overcomes his desire, as he assesses the situation and decides not to squander the tactical advantage afforded by his invisibility.

Actions if Derek fails his save
Solomon grabs Derek by his shoulders and drags him out of and around to the north of the gates, just enough to gain cover from the three Drow.

Actions if Derek succeeds on his save
Solomon dashes after Gatecrasher and past the Drow cleric unlucky enough to be on the wrong end of his sword, heading for the bunkhouse the Drow emerged from. Once at the doorway, he looks inside.

Postmodernist
2010-06-11, 12:21 PM
Gatecrasher's blade strikes true, enhanced by Solomon's magic. The Drow falls, and the warforged's obsidian frame is spattered with her ichor. The hulking construct looks up, assessing the next target.

--

Haste Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]

First crit confirmation and damage re-roll
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Second
[roll5]

Potential crit damage rolls
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

EDIT: Looks like the first probably confirmed, second definitely not. Haste attack is uncertain. First critical attack looks like 51 damage.

esorscher
2010-06-15, 12:15 AM
Sorgav rushes forward, continuing toward the caster drow. Derek adopts a defensive stance (total defense, +4 dodge to AC).

The first drow Azaril attacks falls, electricity from her arrow keeping its fingers twitching after the mind’s spark fades. Her next attack pierces the drows armor, slaying it. The last arrow falls short of the caster, who grins icily. Her grin is frozen permanently on her face as Gatecrasher’s sword slices her in two. The flail dissipates.

The two drow on the wall both move toward Azaril; one is able to get off a shot against her.. The remaining female drow casts another spell, (Spellcraft DC 16) which sends a ray of purple energy toward Gatecrasher. The drow with boomerangs drops them, drawing knives as he charges Gatecrasher. He slices with one.

Sorgav's Reflex Save: [roll0]
Drow vs. Azaril: [roll1], [roll2]
Drow vs. Azaril: [roll3], [roll4]
Drow vs. Gatecrasher (Touch): [roll5], [roll6] STR damage
Drow vs. Gatecrasher: [roll7], [roll8]

Spellcraft:
Ray of Enfeeblement

Solomon:

You look down a narrow hallway that runs the length of the building, with three doors on the left side. The first is in front of you, and is open. You can see a bed, a chest, a desk, and a chair, from where you are standing.
----ROUND 3----YOUR TURN----
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/campsite5.png

esorscher
2010-06-15, 12:19 AM
Possible crit from first drow against Azaril: [roll0], [roll1]

Solophoenix
2010-06-15, 08:41 AM
Solomon darts through the doorway, wheeling around and taking cover behind the frame. His fingers crackle with electricity as he moves his hands to cast his spell, before finally unleashing two great bolts of lightning.

Casting Shocking Spark, targeting the Drow arcanist.

First Spark
1d20+5
[roll1]

Second Spark
1d20+5
[roll3]

Solophoenix
2010-06-15, 08:43 AM
Guess I'm rolling those attacks again, with no fancy headings to mess things up.

[roll0]
[roll1]

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-15, 09:28 AM
Azaril knew that one of the attacks had to hit her eventually, but when an arrow hits the wall behind her and she looks down to see that it pierced straight through her abdomen, a wave of nausea passes through her.

Groaning she pulls a potion off her belt, gulps it down and disappears. She continues to run across the northern wall cussing to herself as she goes, knowing that the Drow bows can't reach here effectively from where they are standing.

--

Drinking potion of Invisibility, running 80ft as far along the north wall as possible with the second move action.

Postmodernist
2010-06-15, 01:56 PM
Gatecrasher barely notices the dagger strike, the majority of the blow deflected by his adamantine body. Though weakened by the Drow mage's spell, he launches an attack against the dagger wielder facing him.

Let's see... the ray offsets the rage strength bonus and the haste. Full attack, no power attacking this time.
Primary
[roll0]
[roll1]
Haste Attack
[roll2]
[roll3]
Secondary
[roll4]
[roll5]

esorscher
2010-06-17, 01:53 AM
Before Gatecrasher strikes, Sorgav moves behind the drow raider, slicing with his shortsword. Distracted, the drow falls easily to the pair's attacks. The two drow on the wall, defiant to the last, continue firing. Both bring their arrows to bear on the only target within range, the one who has devastated two of their captains with his mighty arm, Gatecrasher.

Drow vs. Gatecrasher: [roll0], [roll1]
Drow vs. Gatecrasher: [roll2], [roll3]

Solophoenix
2010-06-17, 09:54 AM
Solomon sighs with relief as his target falls. The relative calm allows his body a chance to scream out at him in pain. Noticing his burns properly for the first time, Solomon activates his healing belt and feels his tightened skin relax as the soothing magic flows through his being.

Taking stock of the situation, he moves toward the remaining Drow and calls out to Derek.

"Can you deal with those two?"

He then addresses Gatecrasher

"Do you require repair?"

Spending 1 charge of Healing Belt to heal [roll0] points.
Moving to stand on the near side of Gatecrasher, opposite the two Drow on the wall.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-17, 10:04 AM
Seeing Solomon take charge of dealing with the other Drow on the wall, Azaril jumps down and moves behind the building the other Drow came out of, trying to find any signs of windows or a back door. Also taking the opportunity to spot anything else out of the ordinary.

--

Tumble check to negate the 1d6 non-lethal from the fall:
[roll0]

Spot for anything else:
[roll1]

Still Invisible for another 29 rounds.

Postmodernist
2010-06-17, 02:01 PM
Gatecrasher responds to Solomon's question as the Drow archer's shots whiz by him."I am not yet in need of repair. If you are injured, make yourself scarce. Do not concern yourself with my needs until our enemies are defeated." With that, he drops his greatsword and draws his longbow, taking aim at the drow without cover.

[roll0]
[roll1]

esorscher
2010-06-17, 08:19 PM
Derek and Sorgav take care of the two drow on the wall. Azaril is able to see three windows, at equal height, equally spaced. They are about 8' above the ground. There is a firepit, though no fire--only the ashy remnants of a fire set earlier.

Sorgav turns to you: "We need to find my friends."

Postmodernist
2010-06-17, 09:42 PM
Gatecrasher, satisfied that the Drow have been defeated, retrieves his greatsword from the ground and assesses the situation, his senses slowing and concentration fading now that battle has ended. "I would not refuse some repair now, Solomon, if you're still offering. Didn't the dark elf we took prisoner say they were being held in the eastern watch tower? We should head there." The warforged looks around for a moment, before asking, "Where is Azaril?"

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-17, 10:05 PM
Ignoring Gatecrasher's questioning as to where she is, Azaril takes her time to check through each of the windows (Spot [roll0]) to see if she can see any lurkers within the building.

If they were smart they would have left some behind to catch us unaware. She thinks to herself, hoping that her comrades had learned enough from working with her never to walk into an area blind.

Solophoenix
2010-06-18, 03:34 AM
"I saw her drink an invisibility potion, and logically enough, I have not seen her since then. I can only assume she is scouting for more victims...I mean, threats."

Solomon takes Gatecrasher's wand from his belt.

"I am afraid I have not mastered this spell, I will require this."

He begins casting from the wand as they walk toward the guard tower.

Rolls for repair (Not sure how many I can get in before we arrive)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

esorscher
2010-06-18, 12:33 PM
Azaril sees three modestly appointed rooms, with a bed, a desk, and a chest, in each.

Postmodernist
2010-06-18, 12:49 PM
"Thank you, Solomon. I am refreshed," Gatecrasher says before pointing to the eastern tower, "There. Let's go." The warforged walks alongside Solomon and Sorgav, approaching their objective.

esorscher
2010-06-18, 12:58 PM
You make it to the tower without incident. The door is locked.

Solophoenix
2010-06-18, 07:10 PM
"Curses, our assault is foiled....hmmm, one of that lot probably has the key..."

Solomon dashes back to the three Drow corpses and checks them for door keys.

esorscher
2010-06-19, 02:35 AM
The key is not on any of the elves' bodies, though you find other loot in your search. With your hastened speed, the search goes quickly. It may be in their other possessions, however. After searching their chests, and desks, you find:

OOC:
There are 70 rounds left of Enfeeblement, 19 rounds of Invisibilty (assuming Azaril participates in the search--if not, describe actions.).

Scroll of Wall of Fire (Arcane, CL 7th, DC 16)
Scroll of Deeper Darkness (Divine, CL 5)
Scroll of Poison (CL 7, DC 16)
Wand of Scorching Ray (Arcane, +6 ranged touch, CL 3, 20 charges)
Wand of CLW (Divine, 50 charges)
Potion of CLW x8
Potion of Bull's Strength
MWK Chitin Armor x4
+1 Chitin Armor
+1 Scorpion Breastplate
MWK Dagger x2
MWK Drow Long Knife x10
+1 Drow Scorpion Chain
Dart x8
Xen'drik Boomerang x12
MWK Xen'drik Boomerang x3
Amulet of Natural Armor +1
Ring of Protection +1
Cloak of Resitance +1
Pearl of Power, 1st level
Silver Holy Symbol (Knowledge Religion DC 15):
Vulkoor
Brass key, with drow script x1

Solophoenix
2010-06-19, 05:39 AM
Solomon returns to Gatecrasher with the key, trying it in the lock.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-19, 07:37 AM
Azaril walks over to the doorway and while the others are searching says something while still invisible.
"You see what you can find, I'll make sure we don't get any visitors. I'll make the signal if I see anything. Just make sure you check the room thoroughly and for any signs for anything hidden also not neccesarily just inside the desks and chests... just call me over if you need to borrow my eyes."

Azaril will run back over and climb back up onto the walls, scanning constantly to see any disturbance.

I don't know whether you'd allow me to Take 20 on Spot/Listen due to fact I'm sitting purposely for that reason, but if not:
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Postmodernist
2010-06-19, 10:48 AM
Gatecrasher is momentarily uncomfortable, addressing the empty air where he suspects Azaril to be, "Understood. Everyone keep sharp." He wonders what the 'signal' Azaril mentioned might be, but knowing her penchant for improvisation amidst the heat of battle, he is certain it will be unmistakable.

The adamantine warrior looks over at Solomon as he returns with the key, then over to Sorgav and Derek. "Everyone ready? Protecting the prisoners is our priority." He checks his equipment momentarily, before hefting his blade to indicate his readiness.

esorscher
2010-06-20, 01:10 PM
The door opens, revealing an empty room, about 25' x 25'. There is a ladder in the far corner.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/campsitetower.png
Please use co-ordinate grid to denote movement (ex. A5). You can also direct Sorgav and Derek's movement this turn (but not their standard actions).

Postmodernist
2010-06-21, 02:26 PM
Gatecrasher enters the room cautiously, looking upward toward the ladder. He holds his weapon at the ready, but prepares to climb the ladder and face whatever lies in wait above.

Move to B 5 and look up. Futile spot check: [roll0]

Solophoenix
2010-06-21, 05:43 PM
Solomon lingers in the doorway, wary of what happened the last time he strode confidently into a battlefield. Cautiously, he activates his Healing Belt again for re-assurance.

Spending 1 charge to heal another [roll0] hp.

esorscher
2010-06-23, 12:49 PM
OOC:
I apologize for the delay. Hopefully a little excitement will make up for it. Derek is going to flank with Gatecrasher and Sorgav is going to flank with Solomon. Both Drow are totally visible.

Derek and Sorgav move in, moving against the far wall. As soon as Gatecrasher begins climbing the ladder, he is struck from behind by a now visible Drow (Spellcraft DC 22). His long chain gleams as it strikes at the distracted warforged.

A second drow also makes himself visible as he thrusts his knife, coated with a slick green venom, at Solomon's heart.

Drow w/ Chain vs. Gatecrasher (Flat-Footed AC) + SA: [roll0], [roll1] + [roll2]
Drow w/ Knife vs. Solomon (Flat-Footed AC) + SA: [roll3], [roll4] + [roll5]
Poison vs. Solomon (Fort DC 18): [roll6] STR; secondary damage in round 11.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/campsitetower1.png

esorscher
2010-06-23, 12:51 PM
The drow's knife is well-aimed.
I forgot the +2 to attacks for invisible attackers. Drow attacks hit AC 16 for Gatecrasher and 28 for Solomon.

Confirm critical vs. Solomon: [roll0], [roll1]

Solophoenix
2010-06-23, 01:40 PM
Solomon gasps in surprise as the knife slides into his chest, before crumpling to the floor as his consciousness fades.

[roll0]

((Ouch))

Postmodernist
2010-06-23, 01:49 PM
"Solomon!" bellows Gatecrasher as he watches his companion fall. He turns his fury outward, attacking the chain-wielding drow before him with abandon.

Full attack, no PA. The blasted Ray has me too weak to risk it.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

esorscher
2010-06-23, 01:56 PM
Sorgav rushes to the side of the wizard, drawing a wand and touching it to the spellcaster's chest. It glows white before emitting a healing energy (Spellcraft DC 16).

Derek moves to help Gatecrasher, drawing his short sword and striking at the drow, who maintains his composure. With his help, though, Gatecrasher is able to connect with his second strike. Derek's attack misses, however.

Sorgav Cure Light Wounds: [roll0]
Derek Hideous Blow: [roll1], [roll2]

(Sorgav heals Solomon before Solomon's turn.)

Solophoenix
2010-06-23, 02:49 PM
Solomon's eyes snap open as the spark of life flows into him.

Ok...concentrate...you're only gonna get one shot at this...

Still lying on the ground, Solomon incants his spell.

Concentration check to cast defensively (DC17 for this spell) should automatically succeed, but I feel like rolling dice :P
[roll0]

Casting Shocking Spark at the bastard that stabbed him
[roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]

If the attack drops the Drow, Solomon will use his move action to stand up, otherwise, he'll do his best to play dead...

Solophoenix
2010-06-23, 02:51 PM
Rolling to confirm critical on the first bolt.

[roll0] [roll1]

EDIT:

Ok, consolidating my sporadic posts from both threads into this one.

Thanks to action points, the second bolt from the spell has a result of 10 on the attack roll, and the critical confirmation of the first bolt has a 13. Both of these are boosted by 3 if the Drow is wearing metal or carrying a lot of metal. Also, if that's the case, the critical will be x3 instead of x2.

esorscher
2010-06-23, 06:42 PM
The drow's armor and weapons appear to be made from the exoskeleton of great insects and arachnids, and are not especially effected by the spell. The first bolt hits, though. The drow steps back, and a fog emanates from him, enveloping the room (Spellcraft DC 16).

The other drow disappears into the fog too quickly for you to strike him. The fog quickly covers the whole room. You can't see anything past 5' of you.

----ROUND 3----YOUR TURN----
Drow position is where he cast the spell. You don't know where the other one is.
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/esorscher/campsitetower2.png

Solophoenix
2010-06-24, 05:58 AM
Angry at his terrible aim, Solomon once again attempts revenge on the Drow that stabbed him.

Casting Shocking Spark again, at the square where the Drow was last seen.
I assume higher is better in terms of miss chance roll?
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

As the lightning leaves his fingers, Solomon calls out to Gatecrasher,
"It certainly is a lovely day"

Before focusing on his magical anklet.

Bluff check to pass a secret message to Gatecrasher (Secret message being "Draw them outside")
[roll6]

Activating Anklet of Translocation to teleport to what I guess is F,4.5 (presumably I have line of sight there as I'm half in, half out of the door).
Using move action to stand up afterward

"AZARIL! Heads up!"

AngelOmnipotent
2010-06-28, 05:28 AM
"Ooh looks like you found more to play with!"

Azaril will hold a standard action to shoot the first drow that comes out of the door.

--
Attack + Damage

[roll0]
[roll1] Shock [roll2]

Postmodernist
2010-06-28, 08:49 PM
Gatecrasher winces in dismay as the Drow disappear. The wince turns into a frown as he hears Solomon's veiled suggestion. He realizes he'll likely have to suffer unexpected strikes from the hidden dark elves if he leads them outside. Still, he's the best suited for the job. "This better work, Sol," he thinks as he rushes out toward the door.

Gatecrasher will move to F2, and will probably have to suffer a bunch of AoOs in order to get there. If he sees a drow, he'll try and bullrush him back through the door and outside.

esorscher
2010-07-02, 09:35 AM
Gatecrasher isn't struck by any of the enemy drow, but nor do any follow him outside. Sorgav and Derek do, however, and turn back to you. Fog wisps out the open doorway.

Postmodernist
2010-07-02, 10:28 AM
"That was unexpected," thinks Gatecrasher to himself as he barges through the doorway. The construct looks over at his friends before saying, "What now?"

Solophoenix
2010-07-02, 06:15 PM
Solomon focuses on his belt once more...

Healing [roll0]

Before backing away from the doorway 20ft.

"I cannot disperse this fog, but it will not last forever...However, I feel waiting will not be in the best interest of those held hostage..."

Solomon looks up at the tower for possible entrances to the higher level, before glancing meaningfully at Azaril and Derek.

esorscher
2010-07-03, 09:49 PM
Azaril can see a door on the second level.

AngelOmnipotent
2010-07-03, 10:16 PM
Azaril nods towards the door on the second level and hand signals the group to move towards it, not speaking a word and letting her actions do the talking. She makes her way over to it herself, trying to see if she can see/hear anything on the way there.

I hate damn confined spaces. I didn't even bring a blade with me. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

If possible she will pick up one of the Drow blades if there are any nearby without making too much a sound.

esorscher
2010-07-12, 10:58 AM
Sorry.

The door is locked. Unfortunately there are no drow blades that you can see.

Solophoenix
2010-07-17, 11:56 AM
Solomon draws the dagger on his belt and holds it out.

"Will this be useful to you?" he asks the air in a low voice.

Postmodernist
2010-07-18, 12:37 AM
Gatecrasher looks at the door for a moment before addressing the party. "Is there time to pick the lock, or shall we do this old fashioned way?" He shifts his axe to his left hand and swings his right arm and then tilts his head to either side of him, as though he were warming up in anticipation of smashing the door, a habit he picked up during the Last War after imitating his human comrades.