PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion: Umaril and Jyggalag are Wimps!

Machiavellian
2010-06-02, 11:57 AM
Seriously????? I one-hit both of them! What a waste! I'm a lv3 Breton Warmage (custom class based on High Armor and Destruction, wearing the Crusader set) with the Sign of the Lady, and BOTH fell with one stroke of my Sword of the Crusader on HARD! am I just REALLY lucky, or are they just pushovers?

Gamerlord
2010-06-02, 12:00 PM
Mehrunes Dagon..is invincible IIRC.

You must be cheating.

Machiavellian
2010-06-02, 12:03 PM
Mehrunes Dagon..is invincible IIRC.

You must be cheating.

Forgot that! just Jyg and Umaril. Typo broski

Gamerlord
2010-06-02, 12:05 PM
Forgot that! just Jyg and Umaril. Typo broski

Umaril I never got to do, computer started treating oblivion like the spawn of the devil just as I was on the start of the knights of the nine quest chain.

Jyg though I agree, 3 swipes of duskblade or whatever from me and he was dead.

Machiavellian
2010-06-02, 12:06 PM
Umaril I never got to do, computer started treating oblivion like the spawn of the devil just as I was on the start of the knights of the nine quest chain.

Jyg though I agree, 3 swipes of duskblade or whatever from me and he was dead.

I mean, I ONE HITTED them both with the Crusader's Sword. At Level 2 (level one for Umaril)

Gamerlord
2010-06-02, 12:20 PM
I mean, I ONE HITTED them both with the Crusader's Sword. At Level 2 (level one for Umaril)

Obviously, low level, little HP.

Emperor Ing
2010-06-02, 12:23 PM
Well if you're low level but have absurdly high Blade, Blunt, or Marksman skill you can get disportionately huge amounts of damage with their corresponding weapons.

In other words: Your blade skill shouldn't be that high!

Imposter
2010-06-02, 12:23 PM
Autobalance does that. If you encounter them at a low level, they're balanced to be a fair fight at that level. If you have a nice weapon, the game ends up having overcompensated a bit. It's a fairly common complaint about the game, actually.

EleventhHour
2010-06-02, 12:24 PM
This is a syndrome of my favorite part of the game. :smallsigh:

"Enemies that level with you! What could possibly go wrong?"

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-06-02, 01:14 PM
This is a syndrome of my favorite part of the game. :smallsigh:

"Enemies that level with you! What could possibly go wrong?"

In fairness, it works quite well if enemies actually scale properly. Enemy scaling in Oblivion sucks arse though.

Machiavellian
2010-06-02, 01:39 PM
Here's the thing:

my class took the following as "Class Skills"

Destruction
Blunt
Block
Blade
Heavy Armor
Armorer
Restoration

and was considered a "Combat" Class
and was focused on Endurance and Intelligence

with arm of the crusader with the blade, I have a blade modifier of a 6+ level char

xp194
2010-06-02, 01:59 PM
Do what I did. Strip yourself of all armour and weapons, turn difficulty up to full and take them demigods/gods on with yer fists and loincloth. With no hand to hand skill.

Not only does it make the fights significantly harder, but you can then boast that you killed a god with your bare fists. :smallcool:

Eldan
2010-06-02, 02:10 PM
And that's why you install Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, which removes auto-leveling.

Lifeson
2010-06-02, 04:37 PM
You know what really breaks the game?

Make all your major skills things that you'll never use. Level up only if you feel like having any higher stats. Blade skill at 100 at level one? :smallamused: