PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights 2 Question

Atronach
2010-06-02, 03:37 PM
A while back I got "Neverwinter Nights 2", and installed "Storm of Zehir" onto it with all access to additional races. But rather recently I loaded Mask of the Betrayer, and Mysteries of Westgate, and I have found that I no longer have access to the additional races that you get by installing Storm of Zehir. Any ideas of what I can do to regain access to those additional races?

Rollory
2010-06-02, 03:41 PM
Isn't Storm of Zehir the 2nd expansion? Would stand to reason that you should install them in the correct order.

Atronach
2010-06-02, 03:45 PM
You believe that is the problem? The only issue?

Yes, Storm of Zehir is #2.

Rollory
2010-06-02, 03:53 PM
Well think about it. Expansion X says: Ok, player has access to races A, B, and C. Expansion Y says: Ok, player has access to races A, B, C, and D. If you install expansion X last ...

I've never seen this problem myself so I don't know for sure but also I have never tried installing expansions out of order, because I'm not silly like that. It's the one thing that sticks out, particularly as you say installing Zehir DID give you access at first. Seems rather bleedin' obvious to me, but if you do the install in the expected order and still don't have it, then it's worth posting about.

Breltar
2010-06-02, 04:44 PM
Storm of Zehir is the final expansion, not the second.

NWN2
Mask of the Betrayer
Storm of Zehir

Mysteries of Westgate was an add on pack, not a true expansion.

To avoid bugs you should probably install them in order and then patch.

The expansion campaigns are not reverse compatible I believe.

There is a mod going on to make the original campaign use SoZ parts, it is on the vault I believe.

Atronach
2010-06-02, 06:24 PM
Well think about it. Expansion X says: Ok, player has access to races A, B, and C. Expansion Y says: Ok, player has access to races A, B, C, and D. If you install expansion X last ...

I've never seen this problem myself so I don't know for sure but also I have never tried installing expansions out of order, because I'm not silly like that. It's the one thing that sticks out, particularly as you say installing Zehir DID give you access at first. Seems rather bleedin' obvious to me, but if you do the install in the expected order and still don't have it, then it's worth posting about.

I did consider that it might be because of the lack of erm... proper order of installation. However I was hoping that something else might be the cause being that to gain access to those races (and I believe classes) I would be forced to uninstall Storm of Zehir and reinstall it (what a major inconvenience that would be!). In this case I was hoping that the simplest solution would be the incorrect one. Do not take me for a fool.