PDA

View Full Version : The Burning Plague (IC - DM: Kaulesh)

Kaulesh
2010-06-02, 09:47 PM
Here you are - after weeks of travel, you have arrived on the outskirts of Duvik's Pass. The trek was uneventful, but you've got your hands full now. For the past four months, Duvik's Pass has been beset by a horrid disease that the locals dubbed "the burning plague." You have come, for one reason or another, to solve the riddle and return some semblance of normality to the citizens.

Standing along with you on the road are five other brave adventurers, all with the same goal in mind. Thrust together in a time of need, this band of strangers must do what countless others could not.

Distantly, you hear someone call out to you. "Hail, travelers! Welcome to Duvik's Pass! I would like to wish that your stay is pleasant, but that is unlikely. I welcome you with open arms, regardless." A frail half-elf wearing the white robes of a holy man slowly approaches, clearly showing signs of his advancing age.

Rauthiss
2010-06-02, 10:01 PM
Aeres

The halfling runs up to the priest and holds her hand out in greeting. "Hello, Sir! I have heard that there seems to be a sickness in the area. Where are the sick, so that we might heal them? Oh, and beds would be nice too."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-02, 10:13 PM
Tyrael

The Tall human stands, sure and confident. He wears a breastplate, and holds a large warhammer at his side. He stands with the poise of one who is unshakeably faithful. Wise and Charismatic, the white cloaked priest kneels his head, prayer to Hieroneous on his lips.

" Calm yourself, Young one. Hieroneous watches over us all. " He speaks in a soft, strong voice, which seems to quieten everything else as he speaks, the words delivered with calm and confidence.

Salbazier
2010-06-02, 10:26 PM
Ethan

Ethan follows the energetic halfling toward the priest.

"Thank you for the welcome, sir," he said in a warm smile while extending his hand to handshake the priest's.

"My name is Ethan Lodge. Me and my companions are here to help. We have heard about the plague in Duvik's Pass. Could you please tell us the condition right now in the village?"

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-02, 11:28 PM
Walking with the group is a sun-tanned, stout dwarf clad in a sturdy suit of chainmail. A keen axe, stout bow, and steel shield are strapped to his back, and a warhammer hangs on his belt. His beard is thick and lustrous, braided at the end with a decorative silver clasp in the shape of an anvil and hammer. You know him as Brogan; he's been a surprisingly pleasant and sociable companion, not quite so taciturn and sour as many dwarves are rumored to be.

Brogan left the talking to his other companions. There would be time enough for words. He breathes deep the mountain air, as if to taste it for impurities. Something was wrong here... Moradin had led him here for a purpose, and that conviction urged him on.

Kaulesh
2010-06-03, 12:13 PM
The old man shakily accepts the offered hands with a warm smile of his own. "It's quite alright. Seeing that happiness can exist in the face of the unknown is refreshing. You may call me Samual."

He turns to gaze at the town. "The situation is not good. The plague is curable only by magic. Pelor has shown me that the cause is not natural. That being so, this town needs much more than just myself and that... thief posing as a priest." He turns up his nose at the mention of the other man.

"The Blue Boar is the only inn in town. It is a very nice place. I stayed there myself when I arrived. The situation in this town is dire, but not so dire as to deprive you of a good night's sleep. I will ensure that you are provided rooms for the coming week. Please get some rest. We can talk more tomorrow."

Samual then points out some of the major features. "On the other side of town, that large building is the mayor's manor. He has turned it into a makeshift hospital to help the sick. He is a nice man. The building straight ahead at the far end of the town commons is the Blue Boar." He then shows the weapon- and armorsmith, a magic shop where you may buy spell components, paper, and the like, a bowyer, a general merchant, and a few other shops.

My way of saying if you need to buy something, there's probably a shop that sells it here.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-03, 01:08 PM
Before Samuel can take his leave, Brogan steps forward.
"Before you go, goodman Samuel, I've a question for you: from where did the plague start? Is it in the air? Was it brought by vermin? Or is there a foulness in the water?"

Salbazier
2010-06-03, 01:10 PM
Ethan

A strong spirit this people have, to be able maintain calm and a functional community even after months of plague

But, that was not surprising. As Ethan learned in his journeyillage folk, especially in harsher regions, tend to be that way. Otherwise, their community would not survive for long.

The priest's words on how the disease can only be cured by magic disturbed him. His knowledge on magical disease is not yet as good as he wished it. He need to examine the infected by himself.

"I'll go the mayor's manor first, to talk with the mayor about what we can do to help and to look at the sick. Even if you said the disease can only be cured by magic, perhaps there's still something I can do."

Kaulesh
2010-06-03, 01:19 PM
"The plague is seemingly coming from our well. Our miners dug into an underground cavern that contains a spring. We think the spring is what feeds the well. It's possible something is tampering with the source."

Seeing the doctor's look of wonder, Samual speaks again. "The plague does not seem to affect everyone. Some are seemingly immune, due to reasons unknown to me. That... other priest, for instance, and his following, have never fallen ill. We have also been able to cleanse a few people each day with the blessing of Pelor. I fear that that soon will not be enough."

Ethan
You arrive at the manor uneventfully. After knocking on the door, an attractive young woman answers. She appears to be a nurse. "Hello, sir. May I help you?"

esorscher
2010-06-03, 03:24 PM
"What other priest?" Dapper says, his visage that of a blond haired, blue eyed human.

Ertier
2010-06-03, 05:05 PM
York

York looks around cluelessly, just catching up on the action. Yeah... What he said!

Cadian 9th
2010-06-03, 06:15 PM
Tyrael

The man stands taller, as he speaks.

" By the light of the Sun, Such a plague must be destroyed. It is our duty to end such suffering where we can. " He speaks, calming the world. A moment of peace crosses the group, then the world returns to normal.

" This Plague sounds Unnatural: If the power of the Gods of Light cannot save but a handful of innocents, it is the adversary of the Gods of Darkness that have a hand in this matter. This other priest, who is he? To which God does he follow? "

Tyrael look of supreme confidence has moved to great concern. There is no doubt that it is a grave day for the Follower of Hiereneous.

Salbazier
2010-06-03, 07:32 PM
Ethan

"Greeting, miss. My name is Ethan Lodge. I'm a traveling doctor. I have heard about the plague in this village. Perhaps my skill can be of some help here."

Kaulesh
2010-06-03, 08:53 PM
Everyone but Ethan and Brogan
Father Samuel appears thoughtful for a moment. "The other priest is Ivellios Galanodel, an elf. He is positively ancient, much older than I. He is skilled at his art, curing the diseases of those who have enough coin. I have never asked his deity, having seen his ability myself. He is a traveler and will likely leave once none can afford his services. I may not like the man for that, but none can disagree that he has helped this town."

Brogan
In general, the poorer population is highly superstitious. They believe that a demon or evil deity is spreading the contagion supernaturally. The more affluent believe that the cause is more down-to-earth - a diseased animal simply fell into the spring, the mining operations have dislodged dangerous minerals, something such as that. The clergy lie between the two. They believe that a cult has set its sights on the community to accomplish some despicable scheme. Everyone is scared, not knowing when or if this will all end.

You find that both Father Samual and Galanodel have been a great help to the community. The poor favor Father Samuel, whose services are free. The rich, however, feel that cost relates directly to effectiveness - they prefer Galanodel's exhorbitant prices, feeling that they are better because of them.

Ethan
The nurse looks surprised, but grateful. "Thank you, sir, thank you! We are very understaffed and more of us get sick every day." She turns and begins to walk deeper into the mansion. "Follow me. I will take you to the mayor. I'm sure he would like to speak to you." She leads you to a set of heavy, oak doors. "You may go in if you wish. The mayor has an open-door policy and will listen to anyone who wishes to speak."

esorscher
2010-06-03, 08:56 PM
"A traveler? When did the plague start again, and when did this traveler arrive?"

Kaulesh
2010-06-03, 09:21 PM
"The plague started four months ago, as I said. The priest arrived a month or so later, after we sent for help from the surrounding settlements. He does not claim affiliation to any of the towns we sent to, though. He is kept very busy with curing the townfolk. I don't feel he had anything to do with it."

esorscher
2010-06-03, 09:23 PM
"From the sound of it, I think you're right. Still, he's worth talking to. Where can he be found?"

Kaulesh
2010-06-03, 09:28 PM
"The priest has a room of his own at your inn. As thanks for his services, he is staying free of rent."

In interest of allowing the others to post if they wish, I'm going to force myself to take a break even if I must bite my tongue in half.

Salbazier
2010-06-03, 09:30 PM
Ethan

Ethan knocks on the door before entering the room.

"Good afternoon, Sir. Sorry for intruding, my name is Ethan Lodge. I'm a doctor and I have just arrived here with several companions. We hope we can help the citizens of Duvik's Pass with the plague."

esorscher
2010-06-03, 09:31 PM
Dapper nods and thanks Father Samual. "I'll go talk to this other cleric," he says to the group.

He heads off toward the inn in search of the priest, shifting his features to that of an elf's, but keeping his same hair and eye color.

Rauthiss
2010-06-03, 09:44 PM
Aeres

The halfling looks thoughtful for a moment. "Someone comes to your town, immune to something, then heals those sick with it for money? I grew up with halflings, buddy. We don't call that coincidence. We call that a scam. And we're damn good at them."

She runs off after Dapper, eager to meet the other priest.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-04, 02:00 AM
Tyrael

He stands watching the halfling go. He turns to Samual.

" Thank you, may the Light of Valour show you your way. The miners, have they some collective dwelling? "

Kaulesh
2010-06-04, 10:12 AM
Ethan
Sitting behind a heavy wooden desk, a man is cradling his head in his hands. His clothes are disheveled and his hair is tousled. His face is full of stubble. It looks as if he hasn't slept well in quite some time. At the sound of your voice, he snaps to attention.

"Oh! I'm sorry. You startled me." The man stands and extends his hand in welcome. "Welcome to our fine town, if you can still call it that. I'm Cristofar Sendars, the mayor. I suppose you already knew that. You said you're a doctor? Thank the gods! We have never needed the services of one before, relying on our healers and their herbs for the more mundane diseases. We were very lucky to have two talented priests. Now a doctor? Perhaps we can beat this thing! Please, have a seat." Cristofar sits and attempts to straighten his suit. He appears much more lively than earlier.

Dapper and Aeres
While searching for the priest's room, a door opens suddenly. Out comes a human dressed in finery suggesting he is one of the town's elite. He turns and hands a small, clinking sack to the person behind him - an elf wearing robes - and turns to leave. "Thanks again, Your Holiness. I will be back next week for another treatment." The priest smiles.

When the priest sees you watching, he extends his hand. "Come in, come in! What can I do for you? Perhaps you need a disease cured? You need the weakness that the plague leaves behind removed? I am Ivellios Galanodel, most skilled priest in the region. For a small fee," the priest chuckles dryly, "I can fix anything."

Tyrael, anyone else with Samual
The smile leaves Samual's face and he begins to droop more than usual. "No, the miners used to live with their families. A few still do. The remainder rest over there." Samual points to the other side of town where smoke can be seen lazily rising into the sky. "The miners were some of the first to succumb to the disease. We have had no choice but to burn the deceased. It is too risky to bury them - the bodies may well infect the very earth. Burning is the only other way to destroy it besides magical healing. We understandably want to save our blessing for the living. We do what we must to survive.

"That mine was the lifeblood of this town, filled with silver. Without the mine and the miners to work it, our town is doomed regardless of the disease."

esorscher
2010-06-04, 10:16 AM
Dapper notes the regularly scheduled treatment of the noble. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Alanas Morisat, and this is my associate." he leaves Aeres to introduce himself, hopefully the halfling notes Dapper's use of a false moniker. "I understand you know about this Plague that town has come under. We are wary of contracting it ourselves. What can you tell us?"

Salbazier
2010-06-04, 11:05 AM
Ethan

"Thank you, sir." says Ethan as he took the offered seat. "I will do my best effort to help. My companions are currently on their way to the inn right now, probably with priest Samuel. First of all, please tell me everything about the disease. How it began, what are its symptoms, and how many citizens had caught it."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-04, 08:42 PM
Tyrael

Tyrael bows his head in reverence for the fallen. " Samual, I lament for your loss. Trust in the Light of the Faithful. " Tyrael straightens. His sure look is less prominent, yet the light of his faith shines through the scarred face.

" I will leave you know. Thank you for your help, Samual. may the light bring you strength. " He says. Nodding once more, looking to any others to lead, he sets off to the Ancient Elf priest.

DM

I'm making a Religion Check to see what Tyrael knows about Samual's religion.
[roll0]
And a sense motive check to see what Samual's feelings are...
Do you want to roll that? My modifier is +2.

Rauthiss
2010-06-04, 11:32 PM
Aeres

"Segovia, sir. I, too, am a newcomer to this town. The kind elf next to me had already spoken to a few people in town, and said I could join him. Perhaps you could grant us your blessing? I am afraid, however, that I do not carry much coin. Is there something I could do to repay you, instead?"

Rolls:
In case I have to make a bluff check: [roll0]

EDIT: Well, crap.

OOC Blurb:
Dapper, I'm a Halfling.

Kaulesh
2010-06-05, 12:14 AM
Tyrael
"Farewell, my son. I fear you may be in more need of the light's strength than I, if you are as adamant about helping as you appear to be." Samual slowly walks back to his place of worship.

Samual figuratively radiates Pelor - the holy symbol shaped like a sun around his neck, the white robes rimmed with an almost golden yellow. His refusal of payment for his services shows him to be of a very small sect that believes helping for monetary gain is an affront to Pelor himself. He appears truthful and seriously worried about the future of the town's residents.

Ethan - Wall of Text warning, spoilered for brevity
"Ah, I know it's around here somewhere..." Cristofar rifles through a small stack of parchment before continuing. "Here it is. We are holding daily meetings on the matter. This document is quite boring - believe me, I had to sit through the meeting. I'll summarize, if you don't mind." He digs in his pocket for a small pair of spectacles and puts them on. "Our response to the disease has been somewhat slow. At first, we thought it was just a normal ailment that would eventually blow over. By the time we realized that it was not normal, it was almost too late. We caught on when about a quarter of the population was infected. By the time our infirmary was in working order and the two priests were curing all they could, that number was closer to a third. It has been holding steady ever since, but I'm not sure how long we can keep up the pace.

"This all started shortly after breaking into an underground cavern in the rear of the mines. Preliminary exploration revealed a clean natural spring, which apparently feeds our wells in town. The discovery occurred in mid-afternoon. The miners, not wanting to inadvertently taint our source of drinking water, broke for the night. When they returned, something was amiss. It is unclear what happened, but only one of the crew returned to us. He was delirious, muttering incoherently. He died later that evening still muttering, but slightly clearer. He continually muttered about a pair of red eyes in the darkness, a sickly, emaciated demon. We thought it was just the fever talking.

"Given recent events, we're no longer sure. Our scouts have reported disconcerting moans and fragments of speech which the priest Ivellios identified as Draconian. Fearing for their lives, the scouts fled back to us. I can't say that I blame them."

Dapper, Aeres
"Pleased to meet you, Alanas. Segovia." Ivellios performs a short bow to each in turn. "Being the kind soul that I am, I will give you some advice for free. Don't drink the water. The wells have been isolated as the source of the plague. I ask my deity for water every day. I can sell you a gallon for, say... three gold. If you risk not having clean water and you contract the disease, I can cure it for... significantly more."

At this time, Tyrael runs into the gathering in the hallway. Seeing the recognition among the three, Ivellios invites all three inside. "The more the merrier. I've got old bones that are protesting at being kept standing in this hallway. If you would like to converse more, let's sit somewhere that is more agreeable with me."

The man you saw earlier was simply a hypochondriac. He is deathly afraid of any ailment at all and would likely wear an oxygen mask everywhere if they existed in this world.

esorscher
2010-06-05, 12:36 AM
Dapper pulls out three gold coins from a pouch at his belt, following the priest inside. "A gallon for us then, to start with. I'm sure we'll be back for more. Would you care for a drink yourself, effendi?" He smiles broadly. Once Ivellios is comfortable, Dapper continues his questioning. His mind darts about, drawing conclusions in one instant and dropping them in the next.

"Who is it that figured the well for the plague's source? Was it before or after you arrived? Have you ever seen anything like this before?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-05, 01:32 AM
Tyrael

The tall man stoops into the doorway after Dapper and Aeres, Curious to find this healer. His own skill with healing is quite sufficient, yet Tyrael utters a quick prayer to Hiereneous for thanks. He feels a personal duty to free this town form evil...

" Good Fortune, Ivellios. These are dark days indeed - You would seem to be aiding the faithful, though I do wonder if you would treat a man in need if he was not to pay you? Answer not. Daper has the question you are bid to answer. " Tyrael speaks, calming the world.

Sense motive, +2.
Tyrael looks closely to understand the guys nature.

Salbazier
2010-06-05, 01:43 AM
Ethan

Ethan listened attentively to the mayor's words. He consider the informations for a few moments.

It maybe that the miners had release a dormant disease when they break into underground cave, which make this a natural event, but that brings up the question why the water source had not been contaminated before. The miner's word alone may just be dismissed as hallucination, but the scout's report indicate differently. Did the miners woke some sleeping entity there?

"A third.. that's quite significant. However, you have my compliment Master Sendars. The town has been able to maintain order and functional community for four months. It is quite easy for people to succumb to panic and anarchy after such long hardship, as experience has taught me."

"Is there any indication to how the disease spread? Did the water show signs of contamination? What are the symptoms showed by those who infected? How high the death rate from the disease and how fast it happened?"

"As for the scout's report, I'm not well versed in matters of fiendish creatures, but some of my companions are. We may need to talk with them later on."

At any rate, checking the mines will be necessary.

Ethan glads he have his companions with him, dungeoneering isn't exactly his thing.

Kaulesh
2010-06-05, 11:05 AM
Tyrael, Dapper, Aeres
"Payment will not be necessary, this time." Ivellios stands and moves to two small, gallon-sized containers. He begins chanting. When he finishes, he waves a hand over the two containers and they fill with pure, clear water. He presents one to Dapper.

"The first is on me. You will be back." He settles back into his chair with a grunt. "I am not sure of the specifics. When I arrived, the main cause of the plague was narrowed down to the well. It is also highly contagious, as some diseases are. I have seen nothing like it before." To Tyrael: "Your words sting, sir. I am simply an old man who would like to retire in peace with some funds built up to live off of."

Tyrael's Sense Motive: 16
Ivellios' roll: 22
Ivellios appears truthful.

Ethan
"You have my thanks for your kind words. It was not easy, but I confess that it was not all my doing. Having the two priests has eased matters somewhat."

Cristofar consults his parchment. "The disease is highly contagious. A third of all who come in contact with an infected person will also become infected (Fort 13 to stave it off). The infected individuals last anywhere from three to ten days, getting weaker every day (1d4 Con every day, negated by a Fort save, two saves to overcome the disease). The disease incubates for a full day before harming the individual and becoming contagious."

OOC Blurb
My apologies for cutting this short, but I've got some stuff I need to take care of today.

Salbazier
2010-06-05, 12:25 PM
Ethan

"Those are useful informations. May I see to the sick, Master Sendars? I will see if some my medicine works."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-05, 07:17 PM
Tyrael

The man regards Ivellios with mixed emotions. " It is my duty to preserve whats good in this world - I ask you again: If a man fell, and was unable to pay, would you help the man? Knowing that you would never receive payment? " Tyrael says, impassively. The way he says it is not hurtful or even accusatory, merely reflective.

Kaulesh
2010-06-05, 10:51 PM
Ethan
"Yes, that would be much appreciated." Cristofar stands to see you out. "The nurses will provide you with any equipment that you may require, as well as some gloves so you don't get infected."

You've got four hours, how many do you think you can help? One or two an hour? Go ahead and make some heal checks and I'll post the results.

Tyrael, Dapper, Aeres
The smile that has been on Ivellios' face since seeing the group suddenly disappears. "No, I would not. Leave him for that holier-than-thou Samual. If you would excuse me, I have to prepare for my paying customers. I am certain you know where the door is. Feel free to come back if you get infected. My prices are always on the rise, however."

esorscher
2010-06-05, 11:08 PM
Dapper glares at Tyrael, no doubt in his mind that the paladin's zealotry has cost them whatever favor they had earned from the priest. "Thank you for your time, Ivellios. If ever you need anything from me, let me know. And if you remember anything about the plague, of course." Despite the priest's earlier protests, Dapper places the three gold coins on the table before leaving. He waits outside for Tyrael and Aeres. From the expression on his face, it's clear he's dissatisfied.

Salbazier
2010-06-05, 11:37 PM
Ethan goes to infimary and, after seeking permission from the nurse, start to work with the patients.

I'm hoping you to tell me actually. Just to be on the safe side, I'll roll eight. Feel free to decide on lower number if you want to. Oh, I'll use Healer's kit to get +2 bonus so total modifier is +12

Heal
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

(somehow this remind of playing ragnarok online... acolytes screaming 'heal!!' while casting heal)

Plus 1 more heal check and knowledge (nature) if applicable to learn anything else that can be learned about the disease (if there's any)

Heal [roll8]
Kn. (Nature) [roll9]

Kaulesh
2010-06-05, 11:52 PM
Ethan
Ethan treated eight patients in different stages of the disease. Five are now over the disease, though some of them are still very weak. The remaining three are still sick, some of them very much so. They haven't gotten worse, however, which is a very good thing. The nurses can likely care these three back to health.

Unfortunately, nothing could be gleaned from your close work with the disease. You know pretty much all there is to know besides where it came from.

Holy crap, that's insane. I don't have to even bother rolling saves for the patients.

Party
On the floormat just outside the door to your room is a package, neatly wrapped in brown paper and tied with thin twine.

Rauthiss
2010-06-06, 12:26 AM
Aeres

Before she leaves the room, the halfling cannot resist asking the elf one final question. "I don't want to intrude, sir, but I must admit I am curious - Who narrowed down the well as the source of the plague?"

Kaulesh
2010-06-06, 12:36 AM
Aeres
"I do not participate in this town's politics, unless I am approached directly. I have no idea - presumably, it was the mayor's board that arrived at that conclusion.

"The only thing I can tell you for sure is that those who do not drink from it do not get sick. I can see how the board arrived at its conclusion.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-06, 12:45 AM
Tyrael

Tyrael simply nods. His suspucions have been confirmed. " The Faithful have no need of healing. That is why you survive, is it not? " He says.

Sorry guys, but Tyrael asked nicely in that calm inoffencive way, and he blew up, that makes me sus.

Salbazier
2010-06-06, 12:57 AM
Ethan

Holy crap, that's insane. I don't have to even bother rolling saves for the patients.

:smallbiggrin: Amazing what often overlooked feat like skill focus can do for you :smallwink:

So, I'm down eight charge of my Healer's kit *edit sheet*

Ethan feel quite exhausted yet satisfied. The disease is not as worst as it seems, given adequate supply of herbs -he will need to procure some later- and several days, this plague may can be stopped. However, healing people will do little good if others keep getting infected. There's also this 'demon' issue that need to be solved.

With that in mind, Ethan leaves the infimary after giving some advice to the nurse and saying few more words to the mayor. Although he prefer to continue to work throughout the night, it is important for him to go back to the inn and talk to his companions about what he have learned today. He told the nurse to send for him if there is any emergency, just in case.

Kaulesh
2010-06-06, 01:08 AM
Tyrael
"No, the faithful still have need of healing. You do not reach a ripe old age as I have without being intelligent enough to avoid danger. The mayor tells me that the well is tainted. I do not push my luck with the water - with the power and blessing of my deity, I make my own."

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-06, 09:29 AM
Brogan

After returning to the inn, Brogan orders himself a tall glass of beer. Just as he is starting to relax a bit, he notices the package outside their appointed room. Curious, he takes it to the common room, and places it on the table of a corner booth. As he sips on his beer, he eyes the package, looking for any note or information pertaining to its origin or purpose...

Ertier
2010-06-06, 10:34 AM
York

Not particularly interested in the details of the plague, only stopping it, York returns to his room at the Inn to contemplate.

Kaulesh
2010-06-06, 11:05 AM
Brogan

The package clinks softly as you move it. When you place it on the table, a small note slips out of the twine.

Ethan, Tyrael, you were both great helps today with the plague victims. I truly feel we can triumph. Here is a token of our appreciation - use them wisely. Share them with your party.

Signed:
Mayor Cristofar
Father Samual

Nothing sinister, I'm just trying to not kill my players.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-06, 11:31 AM
Brogan

As soon as Brogan sees Ethan or Tyrael, he flags them down.
"It would seem your efforts are already earning you praise and appreciation. Well done. Go ahead and open it: you've earned it."

Salbazier
2010-06-06, 11:43 AM
Ethan

When Ethan arrived at the inn he find Brogan (and the others?) in the common room examining a package.

"What is it?" respond Ethan to Brogan's words. "A gift?" He takes a seat on the table with his companions and read the note on the package. Then, he turn to Tyrael, "Well, shall I open it?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-06, 07:38 PM
Tyrael

The man nods, wordlessly indicated than Ethan should. He offers a prayer in thanks to Heireneous for the gift that he could help those in need.

Tyrael is still in full armour and still has his hammer.

Kaulesh
2010-06-06, 11:55 PM
Inside the package are six small glass vials full of metallic blue liquid and stoppered with a glass topper. There is another small note inside the box.

In the event that you contract the Plague, please drink one of these. I made these potions myself, with Pelor's blessing of course. Each vial contains a small amount of divine essence that will instantly remove any disease.

Father Samual

See? Nothing sinister. I just don't want to kill my players in a setting where pretty much everything carries the disease in question.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 04:24 AM
Tyrael

The man reaches out with a scarred, working-man's hand, taking a bottle. He touches his chest, and puts the vial in a soft pouch on his belt with his Annuilian Crystal. " It is a kind Gift, though I do not give aid to those in need for a gift: Knowledge that I have eased the suffering and restored someone to health is the drive that fills my heart and gives me strength... " He says, solemnly. He resolves to thank Father Samual later.

Kaulesh
2010-06-07, 09:37 PM
Summary
When we last left our intrepid heroes, they were bedding down for rest after an eventful first day in Duvik's Pass. When they arrived, they were greeted by the town's priest, Father Samual. Samual proved helpful, showing the group around town, giving information regarding the plague, and eventually providing a parting gift of six vials that would magically remove any disease that the imbiber has.

The plague apparently comes from the town's well, which is fed by a recently uncovered and assumedly also tainted spring in the silver mines. It was then that the adventurers learned of a shady elf priest with the name of Ivellios Galanodel who was selling his curative services to the highest bidder. The man is a traveler who may or may not be involved in the town's misery. Thanks to the mercy of the gods, the man just so happens to be staying a few doors down from our heroes.

Brogan, doing some amateur detectivework of his own, discovers how the locals feel about the whole deal. The superstitious poor folk believe that an evil deity is seeking vengeance for ancient wrongs. The more educated believe that it is a natural occurrence. The clergy believe that an evil cult has set its sights on the town for some despicable ritual.

The townfolk are also divided on which priest is better. The poor prefer Samual's free treatments. The rich, trusting that expensive is better, prefer Galanodel's exhorbitant prices.

Ethan, in his one-on-one talk with Mayor Cristofar, found that he is the first learned doctor to set foot in the town.

The mayor informs him that a board has been formed and holds daily meetings on the plague. The predicament started four months ago, shortly after the miners broke into the previously unknown underground chamber housing the spring that feeds their well. The miners broke for the night without disturbing anything, debating on what to do the next day. Needless to say, certain events took place during their deliberation. While a whole team of miners set out, only a solitary man incoherently rambling about glowing red eyes and emaciated demons returned. Scouts tentatively confirmed the man's "story", reporting disconcerting moans and fragments of what was later identified as Draconian speech shortly before fleeing, scared for their lives.

Dapper, Aeres, and Tyrael meet with the ancient priest. After some questioning, Ivellios revealed that he is just here to gain money for his retirement. The priest gets offended at Tyrael's inquiry as to whether or not he would heal someone if he knew he would not get paid. He ignores the question. When Tyrael repeats it, he informs them that he would not. He then asks the group to leave.

So much for a short summary, huh? :smallsigh:

Kaulesh
2010-06-09, 01:42 AM
You lie on the inn's bed after eating a filling supper, letting the impossibly soft pillow and blankets lull you to sleep. Distantly, you hear faint snoring from some of your companions.

You wake up after your much-needed rest, possibly one of the best you've had in a good while. Sunlight is just beginning to peek through the blinds covering the room's windows. On the large table in the center of the room is a tray filled with smoked meat, thick porridge, bread, and two pitchers, one of milk and one of orange juice. There appears to be enough food for six. This inn really is a full-service establishment!

Salbazier
2010-06-09, 02:11 AM
Ethan sit up on the bed and begin stretching his body. He glances around the room. "Morning, huh" he mumbles. I must be quite tired to wake up this late

He rise to his feet and look around the room for some water to wash his face and hands.

esorscher
2010-06-09, 08:38 AM
Dapper rolls over, not wanting to leave the comfort of the bed. Finally, he gets up, and heads for his book to prepare his spells for the day. He finds a quiet part of the room and begins.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-10, 01:42 AM
Tyrael

Tyrael spent the earliest hours of dawn in prayer: He greets his companions with characteristic determination and peace. " I have thought, I have consulted. I believe we should go to the mines, as soon as we can. " He speaks.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-10, 11:55 AM
Brogan nods at Tyrael's suggestion.
"Aye, to the mines with us. I'm more use underground than I am here in town. Let's find out what's causing this plague and put an end to it."

Rauthiss
2010-06-10, 01:39 PM
Aeres awoke, and quickly made her way to the food, filling herself up. "Can't ever adventure on an empty stomach! What's the plan, gang?"

Kaulesh
2010-06-11, 12:04 AM
After a few hours of travel and some helpful directions from the scant few townsfolk you met, you reach the mines without incident.

A cool breeze drifts down from the towering peaks of the Yatil Mountains as you behold the entrance to the caverns. The frost-rimed ground is littered with tools, picks, and shovels, some of which protrude from soft banks of snow. A single darkened shaft leads into the depths of the mine to the north. The dirt path beneath its wooden support structure is covered with stone debris, a few pieces of which occasionally glint with the slightest hint of ore. A faint light issues forth from the tunnel. Burnt-out torches are strewn across the floor, their brackets torn from the shaft walls. Behind you, the worn road leads back through the crags to the valley below. Aside from the quiet whistling of the wind, complete silence fills the small clearing within the mountains.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-11, 01:36 AM
Tyrael

Still tireless after travelling in full breastplate, Tyrael holds up a hand to stop the party. He listens out...
" My Friends, my allies. We walk with caution now. I will go first. " He says, lowering his hammer from its resting place on his shoulder.

Listen: [roll0]

esorscher
2010-06-11, 01:47 AM
Dapper

Dapper moves to the middle of the group, drawing and loading his sling.

Salbazier
2010-06-11, 04:25 AM
Ethan

Ethan stand ready behind Tyrael. He draw his short sword from its sheath.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-11, 02:06 PM
Brogan gets in the front rank, his dwarven war axe and shield at the ready. He peers into the gloom, relying on his darkvision to better aid his comrades.

Rauthiss
2010-06-11, 03:00 PM
Aeres readies her elemental blasts, small sparks of electricity coming off of one and a faint glow coming off the other.

Kaulesh
2010-06-11, 04:20 PM
Brogan doesn't pick out any features of note. The mine stretches farther than he can see, gently sloping downward the whole length. Tyrael can hear nothing unusual.

After walking 120 feet, the tunnel opens into a small, roughly rectangular chamber. Scattered chunks of silver ore surround an overturned pair of wooden carts. The lower half of what appears to be a human body juts out from beneath one of the cart's edges. It shows no signs of movement. Dried blood is smeared across the northern wall in several places. Exits lead to the west and the east. The tunnel you walked through lies behind you to the south.

Sporadically throughout the room, a phosphorescent lichen grows. It does not appear native to the area. The light put off by the lichen washes the room in a dim light.

Salbazier
2010-06-11, 05:12 PM
Ethan

Ethan checks the body under the cart

Heal roll for autopsy (sort of, if that's posible)
[roll0]

may as well make a search check

[roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-11, 08:56 PM
Tyrael

The man glances at the plant life, then waits for Ethan's verdict. He stares into the walls, taking in the silver. He turns to the others. " Cover your mouths. "

Kaulesh
2010-06-11, 10:22 PM
This man appears to be the mine's chief engineer. He is obviously a victim of foul play - there are several puncture wounds to the chest and neck. The man had symptoms resembling the plague, but doesn't appear to still be contagious. He appears to have been here for about two weeks.

There are many crude crossbow bolts broken off in the wounds.

The silver looks like it could be sold for some coin.

Salbazier
2010-06-11, 11:56 PM
Ethan

"Crossbow bolts" Ethan says as he finished his examination of the body "That was his cause of death. Apparently he already infected with the disease when he got killed. He is probably the chief engineer. From the state of his body, he is already here for at least two weeks."

"Two weeks, when the mine has stopped and avoided for months. Either he has something to do with the cause of the disease or he is just a daring soul who wants to find out the truth"

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-12, 12:44 AM
Brogan makes a contemplative grumbling sound.
"Foul play's afoot. There's been fighting in these mines, that much is for certain. Keep your wits about you."
The dwarf looks at the exits, tapping the flat of his axe against his boot idly.
"Well, we ought to pick a direction here. Left, or right? I'm fine with either; flip a coin if you want to."

Salbazier
2010-06-12, 03:30 AM
Ethan

"I want to free this man's body first" Ethan gestures toward the body "Can you help me?"

Rauthiss
2010-06-12, 10:17 AM
Aeres "There's not much I can do, but I'll try." The halfling rushes over.

Kaulesh
2010-06-12, 11:46 AM
As the cart is being disturbed, a thin thread is snapped. The thread was holding up a small stone, which falls to the floor. As it impacts, it looses a deafening thunderclap.

Fort save from everyone in the room.

Salbazier
2010-06-12, 01:18 PM
Fort Save
[roll0]

Rauthiss
2010-06-12, 01:22 PM
Fort Save: [roll0]

EDIT: Woohoo! No deaf for me!

esorscher
2010-06-12, 06:33 PM
Fort: [roll0]

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-12, 06:42 PM
[roll0]

Brogan winces as the deafening racket echoes through the mine...

Cadian 9th
2010-06-12, 08:55 PM
Tyrael

The priest sets his stance and stands against the effect, grimacing.

Fort: [roll0]

Kaulesh
2010-06-15, 10:39 AM
[roll0]

Dapper, Tyrael, and Martin are deafened by the blast.

Kaulesh
2010-06-15, 11:11 AM
Listen check from anyone not deafened.

[roll0]

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-15, 11:21 AM
The ringing in Brogan's ears eventually fades. His stomach tightens; any potentially hostile forces in the mine would almost certainly know they were coming now.

Salbazier
2010-06-15, 12:11 PM
Ethan

"Ugh" Ethan touch his still ringing ear. The pain subsided quicly and it still working properly. "Are you allright?" he says as he hurried to check on the others, "I'm sorry, I should have been more careful there" He notices Brogan's expression and understand what it means. He warily look around the cave, not about to let another surprise -or his stupidity!- happened.

Listen [roll0]

I'll made a spot check as well

Spot [roll1]

eh, my ear is still a bit affected apparently

esorscher
2010-06-15, 12:13 PM
Dapper looks around at the people talking around him, realizing he can't hear what they are saying, only see their lips move. "WHAT?"

Salbazier
2010-06-15, 12:48 PM
Ethan

Noticing that Dapper is likely unable to hear him, Ethan rip some paper from his journal and write on it: How do your ear feel? The sound may has reduced your hearing. It will be fine in an hour or so.

Rauthiss
2010-06-15, 05:00 PM
Aeres looks around and notices the awkwardness of her fellow adventurers.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-15, 05:38 PM
Tyrael

The great man simply mutters a quick prayer. His loss of phsyical hearing doesn't faze him, as does anything. " My Faith grants me hearing, have no fear. " He says, reading the lips of those who speak, then reading the note.

DM

Tyrael has absolute faith that Hiereneous will reveal to him anything he needs to find. :smallbiggrin:

Kaulesh
2010-06-15, 06:26 PM
Brogan
You hear high-pitched yipping and the scratching of claws on stone, then all is silent.

Aeres, Ethan
The deafening persists, preventing you from hearing anything.

There is nothing new for Ethan to see. He catches some silver glinting in the walls, but that's it.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-15, 06:35 PM
Brogan narrows his eyes. "Something's heard us... Traps would suggest there's kobolds afoot. Are the deafened ones in any condition to fight?"
The dwarf directs this question at the group in general, still not sure who has been adversely affected by the deafening blast.

esorscher
2010-06-15, 07:30 PM
"I CAN FIGHT, BUT I CAN'T CAST ANY OF MY SPELLS." Dapper says loudly.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-15, 07:47 PM
Tyrael

The Man brings his hammer to a two handed combat stance. " I need no hearing to seek the darkness. "

Salbazier
2010-06-16, 01:13 AM
Ethan

Ethan ready his shortsword, wary for an attack.

Kaulesh
2010-06-17, 10:50 PM
A few moments pass. The silence is deafening. The only thing the party can hear is the sound of blood pumping in their ears and, for some, a high-pitched ringing that drowns out all sound.

If anything hostile is in this room, it would have attacked by now. Perhaps the sounding of their trap merely warned off the inhabitants, or perhaps they are preparing for intruders down one of the side passages.

Kaulesh
2010-06-18, 10:19 AM
The west tunnel is much shorter than the one at the entrance. After a mere 30 feet, the party arrives at a closed wooden door.

What is your walking order? Post your coordinates.
{table=head]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_
1|#|#|#|#|#|#|#
2|#||||||
3|D||||||
4|D||||||
5|#|#|#|#|#|#|#
[/table]
# Wall
D Door

esorscher
2010-06-18, 12:36 PM
Dapper stands at the back of the party (G3).

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-18, 02:51 PM
Shield and axe at the ready, Brogan takes the lead, ready to batter down the door and defend his allies.

(Brogan is at 4B)

Rauthiss
2010-06-18, 03:22 PM
Aeres stands at D4, ready to help the party.

Salbazier
2010-06-18, 04:29 PM
Ethan is on C3

Cadian 9th
2010-06-18, 07:25 PM
Tyrael

He takes a leading role, murmuring a quick prayer to Hiereneous.

I'm at B3. But I'm deafened,,, :smallbiggrin:

Kaulesh
2010-06-18, 08:11 PM
This large, square room houses four long wooden tables, each with a bench on one side. On the tables lie a number of wooden bowls and eating utensils. In the southeast corner of the room, a small stewpot steams over a fireplace carved into the floor. As the door opens, a pungent smell comes wafting out.

Map

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/tdp88/2010-06-18-205104_393x323_scrot.png

Inside the room are four scaly creatures. Three are behind the rear table, which is turned on its side. The last is facing the door with a spear in its hands. The four creatures, despite being prepared for intruders, are surprised by Brogan's loud entry.

[roll0]
The creatures all act on the same initiative count. I'll average the party's initiative and have everyone act at the same time. You know what to do, RFI!

[roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-18, 08:18 PM
Tyrael

The man seems to know theres something on the other side of the door, and brings his hammer to a martial stance, one handed, ready for a two handed powerful attack.

Ini: [roll0]

Rauthiss
2010-06-18, 09:29 PM
Aeres reaches deep into her connection to the plane of air, and sparks begin to fly around her fingers.

Initiative: [roll0]

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-18, 10:59 PM
As Brogan kicks in the door, he spots the scaly creatures lurking in the room. The dwarf spits on the ground, and mutters under his breath, "Kobolds..."

Salbazier
2010-06-19, 12:49 AM
Ethan

Ethan has both his shortsword and crossbow in his hands, ready for combat. "So here is the culprits". Ethan note that Brogan has made the correct guess about the kobolds.

Initiative[roll0]

Kaulesh
2010-06-22, 01:03 AM
[roll0]

Party's initiative: 8. Enemies act first.

Kaulesh
2010-06-22, 10:53 AM
The kobolds recover from their shock and attack fiercely.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/tdp88/2010-06-22-115433_390x326_scrot.png

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
Add two to the attack rolls. Not that it matters either way - miss, miss, miss.

K4 moves to M4

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-22, 12:10 PM
Brogan

Nonplussed by the feeble sling barrage, Brogan moves into the room, taking up a position by the nearest kobold. Channeling the strength and durability of the mountain beneath his boots, the dwarf swings his axe in a wide, horizontal arc...

Brogan moves to L5, then uses Stone Bones.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
If the attack is successful, Brogan gains DR 5/adamantine for 1 round.

Kaulesh
2010-06-22, 12:19 PM
Kobold 4 is down.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-22, 04:56 PM
Tyrael

He raises his hammer into the air! " To me! Strike them down! " He cries, rushing foward.

Double move to H4.

Rauthiss
2010-06-22, 04:58 PM
OOC: Would it be possible for Aeres to hit the kobolds behind the tables?

Salbazier
2010-06-22, 06:23 PM
Ethan

Ethan follows the rushing dwarf an cleric into the room. He aim his crossbow at the slinger kobold

move to K4 and shot kobold 2 with crossbow
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Salbazier
2010-06-22, 06:27 PM
Wohoo! And I expect to miss because of cover!

Critical confirmation [roll0]

Kaulesh
2010-06-22, 11:10 PM
Ethan's well-placed crossbow bolt hits the kobold square in the neck, but it's still standing. That may be because it is now pinned to the wall behind it.

Rauthiss
2010-06-22, 11:14 PM
Aeres moves to L6 and fires two electricity elemental blasts at Kobold 3 with TWF.

Attacks (Vs. Touch AC): [roll0]
[roll1]

Crit confirms (If needed): [roll2]
[roll3]

Spending an element point on each...
Damage 1:[roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]

Kaulesh
2010-06-22, 11:42 PM
The second of Aeres' blasts splinters part of the table in front of the kobold, but no matter. The poor creature was done in by the first. As the blast hit, the kobold's skeleton was momentarily visible. Electricity could be seen arcing between its teeth. It falls to the ground, twitching slightly.

A bright flash comes from behind the party. Turning around, all that remains of Martin and Dapper is a thick cloud of smoke. Perhaps they were teleported away somehow.

Seeing his three comrades fall quickly to the invaders, the remaining kobold yips angrily before taking what he knows is likely his last shot.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/tdp88/2010-06-23-003345_390x326_scrot.png

[roll0]
[roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-23, 10:36 PM
Tyrael

He charges at the Kobold, swinging his blessed warhammer in a powerful arc...

Okay, I'm not sure whose turn it is, but its average right?

Attack (1 point power attack)
[roll0] for [roll1]

Charge benefit and AC penalty -2.

Kaulesh
2010-06-23, 10:56 PM
The remaining kobold is pounded into a fine red paste.

There is no turn order, I'll process posts as they come in.

That's... 75 experience for the kobolds, 75 for getting past a trap one way or another, 50 for roleplaying in town. Everyone gets 200 XP.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-23, 11:27 PM
Brogan spits on the ground as he flicks some of the blood off his axe.
"Kobolds. Bah! Foul little blighters. Do you think they have anything to do with the plague?"
The dwarf moves up to the northern door, his weapons still at the ready.
"Take your time and secure this room, everyone. I'll make sure nothing sneaks up on us from this direction..."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-24, 02:31 AM
Tyrael

He touches his brow and lowers his hammer, nodding to acknowledge the gist of Brogan's words. He picks his way through the scene, ever vigilant...

Salbazier
2010-06-25, 10:07 AM
Ethan

"Kobolds. Bah! Foul little blighters. Do you think they have anything to do with the plague?"
[/color]

"It is possible. But if it's true I wonder what for. On the other hand they may just sneak in to this place since it has became abandoned."

Ethan checks around the room for any interesting detail that may be there.

Take 20 is okay right? Otherwise Search [roll0]

Kaulesh
2010-06-25, 11:10 AM
There's nothing much in the room. There's the foul-smelling, unidentifiable stew in the bowls and cook pot. The northern door seems locked.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-25, 02:53 PM
After a while, Brogan tries the handle on the northern door, finding it locked.
"Any of those kobolds have a key? If not, we'll have to batter this one down. We need to check every corner of this place if we're to find any clues."

(I'm ready to move on. Brogan will take 20 with STR checks if needed to break the door down)

Cadian 9th
2010-06-26, 01:40 AM
Tyrael

He bows his head and murmurs a prayer to the heavens. "Hiereneous, hear my prayer. Guide me to what I seek: an answer to this terrible plague. "

Prayer... Though methinks it's HAMMER time for the door.:smallbiggrin:

Salbazier
2010-06-26, 04:26 AM
Ethan

"There is no key. We have it to break it. Better be careful though, they may set up another trap" Ethan examines the door to see it there's any suspicious sign

Take another 20 if its okay. Otherwise Search [roll0]

Kaulesh
2010-06-26, 11:47 AM
There are no traps that you can find.

Kaulesh
2010-06-27, 09:13 PM
Brogan, with his prodigious strength, kicks the large wooden door right off of its hinges. On the other side is a long, narrow room lined with shelves. Heavy burlap sacks are piled atop one another in the middle of the room. A few have been torn open, leaving spills of oats and flour along the floor. Several barrels stand in a cluster near the far northern wall. Hiding behind some of the barrels is another group of kobolds. The largest yips loudly at the others, seemingly giving orders.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/tdp88/2010-06-27-215656_229x273_scrot.png
I took the liberty of placing the squishies in the back and the frontliners in the front.

Would anyone mind keeping the init rolls from the previous encounter or would you like to go again?

Seekrit Rollz

[roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-27, 09:20 PM
Tyrael

" More Foes. " he says, holding up his hand to halt the party. He nods to Aeres.

Rauthiss
2010-06-27, 09:21 PM
I'd like to Reroll... I think we can all agree that the rolls from us last time were horrible.

That said, [roll0] will be my initiative reroll, if we go with that.

Salbazier
2010-06-28, 06:52 AM
Ethan

Ethan lift his crosbow, ready to shoot.
initiative [roll]1d20+2 Meh, I'll reroll at OOC thread

EDIT:It's 21

Kaulesh
2010-06-28, 12:50 PM
Party init 16

[roll0]

Party goes first.

Salbazier
2010-06-28, 03:31 PM
Ethan

Ethan moves forward to get a better sight and let go the one shot he has prepared.

Move to D12 and shot kobold 2
Atk roll [roll0]
dmg [roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-28, 06:10 PM
Tyrael

Roaring a battlecry to his god, Tyrael rushes foward, smashing into the barrel and the kobold behind it!

Okay, bullrushing C7, C6, C5, C4.
Barrel [roll0]
Kobold (opposed) [roll1] They get -4 for small
Kobold at C5 (opposed) [roll2]
I'm pushing them into the barrels, I think I do some damage and knock them over. Whatcha say?

Rauthiss
2010-06-28, 06:14 PM
Aeres

Aeres rushes forward and lets loose two bursts of lightning at the biggest kobold.

Aeres moves to C11 and fires at the aforementioned largest kobold (K5, I assume?)

Attacks, again using TWF And PBS:
[roll0]
[roll1]
(Both Vs. Touch AC)

Damage rolls:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Crit confirm if needed:
[roll4]

Kaulesh
2010-06-29, 12:16 PM
Ethan's shot is slightly low and thuds uselessly into a barrel. Red liquid begins to seep out from around the hole.

One of Aeres' shots hits the kobold square in the chest, while the other flies wide. The kobold is bloodied, but still standing.

Strength Checks
[roll0]
[roll1]
One of the kobolds squeals and wets itself at the sight of the burly human wielding a huge hammer running towards it. The kobolds were not expecting close combat this quickly - they all have slings readied and can't retaliate.

Tyrael's bull rush ends with the barrel moving back ten feet and breaking. One of the kobolds hiding behind it is lying sprawled on the ground, alive - the other is smashed between the two barrels. A thick, pungent liquid begins spreading from the barrel.

Rather than saying you did absolutely no damage, I gave them a point.

Nothin' to see here

[roll2]

Brogan sees some kind of small quadruped hiding in the pile of sacks.

Enemies
The kobold in the rear corner of the room yips angrily at the death of what appears to have been their leader. It yanks hard on a hidden cord, sending a shower of flour down on the party. The kobold that was knocked prone stands. All kobolds then focus on the beast that just rushed them. (Attacks are in the next post)

Map and note

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/tdp88/2010-06-29-134126_225x257_scrot.png
I took the liberty of resolving attacks in a slightly more optimal order. For instance, if Aeres had went after Tyrael, both shots would have missed against a prone kobold behind cover.

Anyone in the flour has a 20% miss chance on attacks. Moving out of the cloud removes this.

Kaulesh
2010-06-29, 12:49 PM
Attacks - all against Tyrael
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

CockroachTeaParty
2010-06-29, 12:59 PM
Brogan

If there was one thing Brogan knew about kobolds, it was that nothing was ever as it seemed. No doubt there was some sort of trap afoot... and then the dwarf spotted the lurking furry creature hiding in the sacks. So close to Tyrael, in the perfect spot for an ambush... He had to do something!

Just as the flour pours down on him, Brogan charges forward, his shield lowered. He plows into the sacks like a battering ram, channeling the solid power of the earth beneath his feet in an attempt to reveal the lurking menace and join the fight swiftly...

Can Ethan be one square to the left? That way Brogan can charge and use the Charging Minotaur maneuver.
He charges the creature in the pile of sacks, provoking no attacks of opportunity for doing so.
Strength check: [roll0]
If the opposed STR check is successful, the enemy is pushed back as normal (except Brogan doesn't have to move with it), and it also takes [roll1] damage.
Afterwards, Brogan's AC is dropped to 17 following the charge.

Salbazier
2010-06-29, 03:17 PM
Ethan

Noticing A dwarf charging on full speed toward his direction, Ethan sidestep to the left in order to give him space. Then he move forward to get out from the flour. Considering that shooting will be hard in a cramped space, he draws his short sword.

Move action to C7 through c12
MAE to draw Short Sword

Cadian 9th
2010-07-04, 07:35 PM
Tyrael

The Warrior priest stands, unflinching as Kobold blows deflect off his armour. Shouting a warcry to Hiereneous, he swings his hammer in an arc...

Okay, attack 1: [roll0] for [roll1] and cleave (hopefully) [roll2] for [roll3]

Rauthiss
2010-07-04, 10:32 PM
Aeres moves to A8 (A9 if she can stand on the pile of sacks) and looses two more bolts of lightning At K2.

Same as late time...

Attacks: [roll0]
[roll1]

Damages: [roll2]
[roll3]

Crit Confirm if needed:
[roll4]

Kaulesh
2010-07-04, 11:30 PM
Brogan sends the hidden weasel flying. It slams into and knocks over a barrel, injured but still alive.

(Assuming Tyrael moves to threaten some kobolds)
Tyrael's warhammer strikes true, smashing one kobold into the oily ground and smashing another into the wall.

Aeres' elemental blasts electrify the two remaining kobolds.

The weasel stands from prone and draws attacks from Ethan and Tyrael.

Ethan
Ethan swings his sword at the weasel, but misses.

[roll0]
[roll1]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/tdp88/2010-07-05-003059_227x289_scrot.png

Cadian 9th
2010-07-05, 02:11 AM
Tyrael

Seeing the Weasel rise to stand, he delivers a smashing blow to the beast for it's insolence. " Bow before Hierenous' champion! " He cries!

Attack ! [roll0] for [roll1]

Kaulesh
2010-07-05, 11:03 AM
Tyrael's hammer strikes true. The weasel gives one last squeal before expiring.

I'd say that's worth about 300 experience.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-05, 07:37 PM
Tyrael

He stops, regaining his breath and vigour. Thrusting his hammer into the air, he proclaims their victory. An awe-inspiring motion.

"Valour! Good has triumphed! " He orates.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-07-05, 09:37 PM
Brogan snorts his approval as the enemies fall before the party's prowess. He squints through the powdery gloom.
"Looks like some kind of storeroom. We ought to give it a search while we're here, but be careful not to eat any of the food. This room is probably ripe with the taint of disease."

Brogan will begin searching the room. If there's any unusual stonework in the area, he'll get a +2 to his check thanks to his Stonecunning.
Search: [roll0]

Kaulesh
2010-07-05, 11:42 PM
The cloud of flower has finally settled, no longer obstructing vision.

The black liquid that burst forth from one of the broken barrels seems to be oil. The red liquid seeping from the impact of a crossbow bolt smells like expensive wine.

Your search of the room doesn't turn up much of note. The shelves are laden with food, some of it quite moldy. There are, however, four of the six barrels still remaining.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-07, 08:18 PM
Tyrael

" What happened here? That is the question we are here to answer. If we can eradicate the evil here we will have done a good deed for the world. Hiereneous, guide us! " Tyrael orates.

He clutches his hammer to his chest and kneeling down, prays.

Rauthiss
2010-07-07, 08:57 PM
Aeres can't resist her curiosity. "Anyone interested in those barrels? Stand back; I'm considering zapping them. Also, does anyone need healing?"

Cadian 9th
2010-07-10, 08:17 PM
Tyrael

He shakes his head. " Leave the barrels, Conserve your power. They were someone elses once, and I have a feeling they're flammable."