PDA

View Full Version : Google Wave

Rayzin
2010-06-02, 11:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, who uses Google Wave here as a role playing tool?
I used to use OpenRPG before my friend suggested we play on Google Wave was. We had our first session today and it really feels a lot more convenient.

To any users of Google Wave are their any extensions that can be used to create maps and the like on the Wave?

IonDragon
2010-06-02, 11:20 PM
I think Google Wave is the next stage in online gaming. However, I feel the community is not yet mature enough to support it consistently. It feels kind of like people don't check it, and it lags my browser when I leave it open for long periods so it doesn't really work as an IM client yet. Also, waves tend to crash when they get more than a couple hundred lines long.

I look forward to when I can use it as IM client, and gaming platform.

Rayzin
2010-06-02, 11:28 PM
My only peeve with the thing was that it didn't have a good tool to construct a map with. I also had a slight problem with a desync error, but that may just be my internet.

Swordgleam
2010-06-02, 11:36 PM
I was in a campaign on Wave a while back. For maps, I just put an ASCII map on the spare page of my site and updated it after every turn and told people to refresh. It wasn't that much trouble, but it wasn't exactly convenient either.

clarinetman
2010-06-02, 11:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, who uses Google Wave here as a role playing tool?
I used to use OpenRPG before my friend suggested we play on Google Wave was. We had our first session today and it really feels a lot more convenient.

To any users of Google Wave are their any extensions that can be used to create maps and the like on the Wave?

I started to user Wave a while ago, but there weren't many people that I knew on it. Though using it like that seems pretty convenient. The only other thing I've done online was part live, we had one guy who couldn't make it use skype. It was a bit of a hassle, but definitely worth it in a pinch.

I'd be interested in trying it out. If you ever need an extra party member, send me a wave :smallbiggrin: [email protected]

IonDragon
2010-06-03, 12:14 AM
Likewise, I'm not on wave much any more, but my wave is [email protected] so if you send me a PM here I can go check my wave. Speaking of, why don't I do that now?

Kroy
2010-06-03, 12:24 AM
Too laggy to be useful.

Deth Muncher
2010-06-03, 01:48 AM
If you hunt through the Friendly Banter area, you may find the Google Wave listing of Playgrounders.

Draxar
2010-06-03, 07:35 AM
It's a great idea, but suffers from clunkiness, and from insufficient uptake. If it gets enough people and hones itself slightly, it'll be a good and useful tool for RPGs. At the moment? Not so much. Also, it doesn't work in Opera.