PDA

View Full Version : Warp Channeller (4e class) (work in progress)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-02, 11:38 PM
Warp Channeller
“I have survived the end of time, do you really think you can stop me!?”

Role Controller. Your spells effect many targets at a time and have good control effects but do little damage.
Power Source Arcane. You have witnessed the end of time and use arcane powers to warp reality.
Key Abilities Charisma, Widom, Dexterity.

Armor Proficiencies Cloth.
Weapon Proficiencies Simple Melee.
Bonus to Defense +2 Will
Hit Points at First Level 10 + constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained 4
Healing Surges per Day 6 + constitution modifier

Trained Skills From the class skills list below,
chose 3 trained skills at first level: Aracana (Int), History (Int), Religon (Wis), Insight (Wis), Intimidate (Cha).

Build Options Warpstorm mage, Maddening Tempest.
Class Features ???

(needs fluff)

Please help me wright more.

Makiru
2010-06-03, 12:56 AM
If this is based off what I think it is, there needs to be a class feature that lets you power up the effects of your spells, but have to make a saving throw/attack roll vs. NAD to not had something go horribly wrong and cause a TPK...I mean, mildly inconvenience the rest of the party, cause this is 4e and all...

<.< >.> <.<

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-03, 12:58 AM
As I said on your other thread, we really need more to go on.

Deathdarken
2010-06-08, 12:25 AM
As I said on your other thread, we really need more to go on.this class has survived the end of time or a warp so powerful that it would erase the very existence of most. they learned the secrets of time and space being able to bend it to their will. This allows them to bend others to their will causing status effects and so on. this enough for you or what else would you like to know?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-06-08, 06:52 AM
this class has survived the end of time or a warp so powerful that it would erase the very existence of most. they learned the secrets of time and space being able to bend it to their will. This allows them to bend others to their will causing status effects and so on. this enough for you or what else would you like to know?

That's nice, I guess, but it doesn't say much about how the class should function aside from "status effects." Ideally he'd show us an example of a couple proposed At-Will and Encounter powers, an idea of the sort of power he envisions (flavor and mechanics both, at least roughed out), and a class feature or two to give us a boost in the direction he's thinking of. He has two build options, for example...but nothing to tell us what those options are.

From what you've both said thus far, for example, I'd just recommend reflavoring a Wizard or a Warlock, and focusing on status spells. There's nothing to really tell me why this would be different.

Also, what the heck is this "warp" you're talking about?

Deathdarken
2010-06-08, 11:14 AM
That's nice, I guess, but it doesn't say much about how the class should function aside from "status effects." Ideally he'd show us an example of a couple proposed At-Will and Encounter powers, an idea of the sort of power he envisions (flavor and mechanics both, at least roughed out), and a class feature or two to give us a boost in the direction he's thinking of. He has two build options, for example...but nothing to tell us what those options are.

From what you've both said thus far, for example, I'd just recommend reflavoring a Wizard or a Warlock, and focusing on status spells. There's nothing to really tell me why this would be different.

Also, what the heck is this "warp" you're talking about?

well I've not had much free time to work on this but the warp is something like a space distortion or something like a black hole but the D and D version of that. this class will also attack all enemies in a certain range making him a controller. as he levels up he will be able to attack more enemies further away