PDA

View Full Version : Equipment and class asociated with aligment?

Shademan
2010-06-03, 06:58 AM
I'm assembleing forces of good, evil, chaos and law, but wonder how to outfit them.
pray tell, what classes and equipment do you asociate with:
Good

Chaos

Law

Evil

?

Irreverent Fool
2010-06-03, 07:15 AM
Chaos - A rod of Wonder
Evil - A DMG

Shademan
2010-06-03, 07:19 AM
doubt you'd be able to outfit a army with that :smallamused:

Irreverent Fool
2010-06-03, 07:23 AM
doubt you'd be able to outfit a army with that :smallamused:

Would you want to face an army equipped with rods of wonder or a complete understanding of the limitations of reality?

Shademan
2010-06-03, 07:27 AM
rods of wonder. they are more fun.

Buuut I'm thinking of more...martial arms

Ceaon
2010-06-03, 07:29 AM
Good
Class: Paladins
Equipment: Swords, shiny armor (scale, plate)

Chaos
Classes: Rogues, sorcerers, barbarians
Equipment: Daggers, wands

Law
Class: Wizards, monks
Equipment: Spears, staffs, fists

Evil
Class: Blackguards, Warlocks
Equipment: Axes, rods

Rannil
2010-06-03, 07:43 AM
Sound fun, but for everything point that pops up in my head I can already find an exception. >_<

Chaos
I would say none/light armor in terrible color combination. Ragged, randomly put to together and things like gloves on heads, necklaces used as bracers, etc.

A bit more serious, the classes that I tend to see more chaotic are rogues, bards, sorcerers, barbarians, etc.
None of these really wears heavy armor, and armor restricts the body so it's logic a chaotic character would prefer lighter armor.
As for weapons? Anything, everything and improvised.

Law
Simple colored, heavy armor, weapon and shield style. Although lawful seems to be in all kinds of classes. Wizards, Paladins, Monks, Clerics.

Evil
Dark colors (blood red, void black, night blue, dried blood brown), spiked armor, spiked shields, piercing/slashing weapons. Blood must flow!
As for classes, blackguards.. blackguards... I dunno.

Good
Classes: paladin and paladins. Same problem with evil, almost all classes work with the evil/good alignment except some prestige classes.

Light colors (grass green, sky blue, ruby red, sun yellow) with blunt weapons, to avoid lot's of blood flying around.

Eldan
2010-06-03, 07:45 AM
Well.
Chaos uses Chaos Magic or Wild Magic, of course. Silver weapons come in handy against Damage Reduction.

Law... Divination, perhaps? Also, Cold Iron.

The rest is really open. Both sides can pretty much use any class, except for a few, and any kind of strategy.

Optimystik
2010-06-03, 08:03 AM
Isn't alignment-based gear Incarnum's whole schtick? (Besides the whole blue thing anyway)

Greenish
2010-06-03, 08:07 AM
Isn't alignment-based gear Incarnum's whole schtick? (Besides the whole blue thing anyway)I was just going to post Incarnate as the associated class for each alignment. :smallamused:

PersonMan
2010-06-03, 08:43 AM
Chaos
Classes: Rogues, sorcerers, barbarians
Equipment: Daggers, wands

I'm imagining an army of barbarians, all wielding only daggers or wands.

...Yeah.

Devils_Advocate
2010-06-03, 04:07 PM
How does one assemble an army of Chaotic creatures, anyway? Won't they, by their very nature, refuse to respect your authoriTAY? Anyway,

Good: Radiant Servant of Pelor
Law: Knight
Evil: Blackguard
Chaos: Bard

AmberVael
2010-06-03, 04:09 PM
Put Spiked Chains and Flails in Chaotic equipment. Seriously, nothing says chaos in weapon form more than a wildly flailing spiked instrument of doom.

AstralFire
2010-06-03, 04:29 PM
How does one assemble an army of Chaotic creatures, anyway? Won't they, by their very nature, refuse to respect your authoriTAY? Anyway,

Good: Radiant Servant of Pelor
Law: Knight
Evil: Blackguard
Chaos: Bard

Chaos is a confederation, Law is a federation.

What you're telling me is that Chaos and Good will win. As it should be.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-03, 04:34 PM
"They can't hit you if you blind them with your clothes!":smallbiggrin:

Optimystik
2010-06-03, 04:36 PM
How does one assemble an army of Chaotic creatures, anyway? Won't they, by their very nature, refuse to respect your authoriTAY?

There are chaotic societies - Elves, for example.

And yes, respect plays a large part in whether chaotic beings unite, rather than honor, regulations or tradition.

Devils_Advocate
2010-06-03, 05:50 PM
Chaos is a confederation, Law is a federation.
Ah, right. I suppose that I think of armies as being more centralized than they necessarily are.

What you're telling me is that Chaos and Good will win. As it should be.
:smalltongue: I didn't mean that those were the only classes that I'd associate with the alignments. They were just the first to come to mind.

AslanCross
2010-06-03, 06:16 PM
Put Spiked Chains and Flails in Chaotic equipment. Seriously, nothing says chaos in weapon form more than a wildly flailing spiked instrument of doom.

Strangely enough, those seem more like LE weapons to me. The chain is a symbol of oppression, and adding in spikes just makes them more evil. Besides, in core D&D at least, the flail is the spiritual weapon for evil. There's also a spiked chain LE relic in Magic Item Compendium.

Lev
2010-06-03, 06:32 PM
Good tends to learn towards defensive based weaponry that can kill quickly if you want, evil weaponry tends to be offensive, intimidating and painful.
A good character will use ravages, where as an evil character will use poisons, this is almost never strayed from.

Chaotic tends towards light, effective, concealable, transportable weaponry that's either very artistically decorative or very bland.

Lawful tends towards visible, burdening status symbols as weaponry, crested shields, bright simple colors.

Devils_Advocate
2010-06-03, 06:42 PM
Strangely enough, those seem more like LE weapons to me. The chain is a symbol of oppression, and adding in spikes just makes them more evil. Besides, in core D&D at least, the flail is the spiritual weapon for evil. There's also a spiked chain LE relic in Magic Item Compendium.
Chains, flails, and whips, yes. Let's not forget whips.

"Ooh, yeah, Loviatar, I've been bad. Discipline me, baby."

Although Good might like the tripping/disarming weapon that does nonlethal damage, too. Oh, what the heck, give everybody whips. :smalltongue: Whips (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhipItGood) are cool (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool).