PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Yuan-ti and the Anathema

Flail_master
2010-06-03, 11:38 AM
Hey guys,
i was just curious as to any information about yuan-ti that you guys may know, intresting facts, how they behave, all that business. :smallsmile:

however two things im particularly interested in are the Anathema from the Fiend folio i found, not the one with loads of snakes for a body, the one with loads of snakes for a head :smalltongue: , and the whole a month of hibernation then the massive eating orgy they all have, just facts and stuff, how they would react to outsiders, what an Anathema may be motivated to do other than try and awaken his god?
perhaps they like getting involved in peoples big evil plans and either messin with em or helpin em?

this would help a lot, i wanna see if it would be possible to incorporate an Anathema and its cult later into a campaign, i have a lot of elements to the campaign im thinkin about and i wanna see which would be the most interesting to see as a player and what i should scrap and how everything can tie together :smallbiggrin:

Thanks,
Flail_master

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-03, 12:18 PM
Question: do you own Serpent Kindoms, an Forgotten Realms splatbook? There is stuff about yuan-ti there..

Siegel
2010-06-03, 12:21 PM
Isn't that the book that brought us Pun-Pun (my his allmighty glare never hit me...)

Flail_master
2010-06-03, 12:26 PM
no i do not, i am sure i will be able to obtain a copy though :smallsmile:
thank you for pointing me in its direction

any other information or opinions is still appreciated :smallbiggrin:

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-03, 12:26 PM
Isn't that the book that brought us Pun-Pun (my his allmighty glare never hit me...)

You are not forced to go pun-pun with SK.

Heck, you are not forced to go pun-pun even with Sarruk. If used without cheese, are a really inspiring, great, unique race for any setting.

Said this, I was thinking specifically to yuan-ti fluff.

hamishspence
2010-06-03, 12:31 PM
The Faerun fluff for yuan-ti is that they were created by the sarrukh (possibly from combining human and serpent)

However, there are other ways of doing yuan-ti origins.

Outside of Faerun-centric material, there isn't much yuan-ti fluff though.

(I think Ghostwalk had it's own origin story- but there wasn't much to it. It also had a demiplane called Coil where the mother of all yuan-ti resides.)

Flail_master
2010-06-03, 12:40 PM
The Faerun fluff for yuan-ti is that they were created by the sarrukh (possibly from combining human and serpent)

However, there are other ways of doing yuan-ti origins.

Outside of Faerun-centric material, there isn't much yuan-ti fluff though.

(I think Ghostwalk had it's own origin story- but there wasn't much to it. It also had a demiplane called Coil where the mother of all yuan-ti resides.)

aaah fair enough, see we play on our own map we created, and basically a completely different realm, so i could probably do some of our own fluff for em using a few elements of other realms fluff :smallsmile:

Machiavellian
2010-06-03, 12:58 PM
My fave race is Yuan-ti Pureblood. I mean come on! You are legally allowed to be a complete bastard if you play either a Drow or a Yuan-ti Pureblood

Flail_master
2010-06-03, 01:04 PM
lol indeed, im gonna try and tempt someone to be one in my campaign, they have good bonuses but not to a point where its OP

Machiavellian
2010-06-03, 01:08 PM
lol indeed, im gonna try and tempt someone to be one in my campaign, they have good bonuses but not to a point where its OP

Be the ultimate at Diplomacy and Bootlicking...

Race: Yuan-Ti Pureblood
Class: Sorcerer 5/Virtuoso 10/Mindbender 5

You use her "assets" to seduce the player with the biggest ego, and make him a mindslave. Then, use him against his will to fight the party (but let the player control his character's actions)

Flail_master
2010-06-03, 01:24 PM

You use her "assets" to seduce the player with the biggest ego, and make him a mindslave. Then, use him against his will to fight the party (but let the player control his character's actions)

LOL omg, i love it, that is SO an NPC in my campaign :smalltongue:, where can i find those two classes? virtuoso and mindbender? :smallbiggrin:

the humanity
2010-06-03, 01:29 PM
Complete Adventurer and Arcane.

Machiavellian
2010-06-03, 01:30 PM
LOL omg, i love it, that is SO an NPC in my campaign :smalltongue:, where can i find those two classes? virtuoso and mindbender? :smallbiggrin:

Virtuoso is Tome and Blood and Mindbender is Complete Arcane

jiriku
2010-06-03, 01:34 PM

+1 to this. I've found that my players will rarely pass up the chance to make it with a hot snake chick, and that is usable for loads of player grief when the seductress makes an appearance a year later with the player's 3-month-old yuan-ti pureblood lovechild in tow. Good for extra drama if enough campaign time passes for the child to grow to adulthood and become a major campaign villain (King Arthur and Mordred, anyone?).

Machiavellian
2010-06-03, 01:38 PM
+1 to this. I've found that my players will rarely pass up the chance to make it with a hot snake chick, and that is usable for loads of player grief when the seductress makes an appearance a year later with the player's 3-month-old yuan-ti pureblood lovechild in tow. Good for extra drama if enough campaign time passes for the child to grow to adulthood and become a major campaign villain (King Arthur and Mordred, anyone?).

FINALLY! The respect I've been craving!

sorry about that, y'all...

But I used to play a Yuan-Ti Druid who wildshaped into scalies (such as an Anathema or a Hydra) during a "Diplomatic Exchange"

Flail_master
2010-06-03, 02:55 PM
awesome stuff guys, and thanks for the references... :smallbiggrin: