PDA

View Full Version : Vow of Poverty and Magic of Incarnum

Escheton
2010-06-03, 04:53 PM
How do they interact?
Sure you arent wearing anything of worth but those are magical items in a way...

Greenish
2010-06-03, 04:55 PM
Soulmelds aren't property, and meldshapers get great mileage from VoP due to being less dependent on items. It's still not optimal, but it's not as bad as it is for most classes.

Fax Celestis
They don't interact at all. VoP means you can't own anything. You don't own a soulmeld, and it's not an item. Using both at the same time is perfectly reasonable, and is actually one of the few instances in which VoP is worthwhile.

Zaq
How do they interact?
Sure you arent wearing anything of worth but those are magical items in a way...

You can get away with VoP on a Totemist or Incarnate (not a Soulborn, though, because they're just too gear-dependent) if you really want to. It's generally not worth it, because there are still a lot of items from which you would really benefit even given your chakra binds, but they're not totally unplayable the way a lot of VoP classes are.

Escheton
2010-06-03, 05:05 PM
It's for the largest dungeon crawl. Not much loot there. Going totemist full//binder2/warlock1/something/crusader/swordsage/warblade/master of nine5/something.
With flaws I'm taking azure touchness, trollblooded, sacred vow, vow of peace , touch of golden ice

any ideas for "something" btw?

thanks on the main question btw, think it's settled now.

on that note (don't want to spam topics): How does regenerate 1 interact with bloodtalons. Can't be knocked out?

Prime32
2010-06-03, 06:48 PM
Here's a tip: combine these two feats.

http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Eldritch_Claws
http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Beast_Strike

Get some Tiger Claw manouvers, and Rapidstrike if possible (maybe Superior Unarmed Strike as well). Note that you can add claw attacks into a full attack of unarmed strikes. Practiced Spellcaster (warlock) may increase your EB by 2d6 points.

Put hellfire warlock levels in the something and bind Naberius to get around the Con damage (or use strongheart vest if your DM rules that reducing the damage to 0 is not the same as immunity).

Yuki Akuma
2010-06-03, 06:50 PM
Would you disallow a VoP Cleric from casting spiritual weapon?

Curmudgeon
2010-06-03, 07:08 PM
Would you disallow a VoP Cleric from casting spiritual weapon?
You'd have to, because this requires something not on the VoP approved possessions list: a Divine Focus.

Edit: Just for information purposes, a search for Cleric spells at IMarvinTPA's Dungeons and Dragons Database turned up the following results:

339 require Divine Focus
586 don't

Maryring
2010-06-03, 07:41 PM
Tattoo the holy symbol onto your skin. That's how my cleric got by that.

The Glyphstone
2010-06-03, 07:49 PM
Or if you're really tough, scar it in.

Curmudgeon
2010-06-03, 08:03 PM
Tattoo the holy symbol onto your skin. That's how my cleric got by that.

Or if you're really tough, scar it in.
I've seen that done, and I've also seen the counter: an Erase spell. It only has a 90% chance of working (unless you also touch the symbol), but there's no saving throw since the symbol itself isn't magical.

Escheton
2010-06-03, 08:46 PM
Here's a tip: combine these two feats.

http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Eldritch_Claws
http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Beast_Strike

Get some Tiger Claw manouvers, and Rapidstrike if possible (maybe Superior Unarmed Strike as well). Note that you can add claw attacks into a full attack of unarmed strikes. Practiced Spellcaster (warlock) may increase your EB by 2d6 points.

Put hellfire warlock levels in the something and bind Naberius to get around the Con damage (or use strongheart vest if your DM rules that reducing the damage to 0 is not the same as immunity).

Thanks for the tip, I did not know about those. Maybe a bit feat and warlock lvl intensive for this specific build. But awesome feats. Great for gestalt tashalatora psiwar//warlock.
Think I'll just stick with the soulmeld bound to totemchakra claws.