View Full Version : Fave OOTS character.

xelliea
2010-06-03, 04:57 PM
Well here is a thread I expected a while ago but here it is, you could list your favorite character over all or maybe your fave from the order and your fave NPC, make you favorite known.

For me its got to be V for the order and Kyrie for the NPC.

If anyone wants to do a tally of the Order you can, I would do it but I dont come on enough.

Korbu
2010-06-03, 05:02 PM
Belkar...definitely :smallbiggrin:

licoot
2010-06-03, 05:04 PM
Its banjo any day:smallbiggrin:

Darcy
2010-06-03, 05:15 PM
Durkon is my favourite member of the Order. He drinks beer, worships Thor, and has a huge beard. I can relate to that.

My favourite NPC is probably Xykon. He's pure class. Leeky Windstaff was pretty great too.

Dr.Epic
2010-06-03, 05:16 PM
Durkon is my favourite member of the Order. He drinks beer, worships Thor, and has a huge beard. I can relate to that.

My favourite NPC is probably Xykon. He's pure class. Leeky Windstaff was pretty great too.

True that. Durkon rocks! As for NPCs, gotta go with :thog:

pinwiz
2010-06-03, 05:16 PM
Belkar and Xykon.

I just really like a funny evil guy, is that so wrong?

Gandariel
2010-06-03, 05:21 PM
:nale:!!!!! totally nale!
he's like the Team Rocket of pokemon: totally useless and weak, but funny :D

Bad Situation
2010-06-03, 05:24 PM
Elan. He's had the most character development while still retaining everything that made him Elan. At times he's overly optimistic, but he embraces that aspect of his character but he knows what he has to do when the chips are down.

The-Mage-King
2010-06-03, 05:26 PM
I don't trust you enough to reveal that information. Sorry.

In other words, Ian Starshine. He's got the right idea.

the humanity
2010-06-03, 05:32 PM
I rather like Haley, I used to prefer Elan, but she's got all the good parts of late. now for NPCs, MitD and Redcloak.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-03, 05:42 PM
That one.

No, that one.

NO! THAT ONE RIGHT THERE!

.......Never mind.

veti
2010-06-03, 05:44 PM
Elan. He's the heart an' soul o' the team. And he can always be relied upon to focus on what's really important: enjoying the session.

For NPCs, I'd have to go with Shojo.

Zevox
2010-06-03, 05:48 PM
Depends on the criteria, really.

From the six members of the Order itself, Belkar. He's the funniest in my opinion.

From the comic as a whole, either him or Redcloak, due to story/character complexity and development. Wouldn't be easy for me to choose between them.

Break it down by categories and allow multiple favorites and I'd go with Belkar and Xykon for humor, Redcloak for character complexity and backstory, and V for drama, just to name a few.

Zevox

Luzahn
2010-06-03, 05:49 PM
Gotta go with Redcloak. :redcloak:

Have to love Gobbotopia.

Katana_Geldar
2010-06-03, 06:12 PM
Elan, all the way. He reminds me of me. :elan:

KoboldRevenge
2010-06-03, 06:14 PM
Total Mr. Scruffy and the Hobgoblin Ninja in #454 ,"Meow?":smallbiggrin:

Kerrah
2010-06-03, 06:28 PM
Roy.

Straight men are underappreciated.

Gift Jeraff
2010-06-03, 06:31 PM
Elan is my favorite OOTSer. Thog is my favorite overall. :elan: :thog:

Luzahn
2010-06-03, 06:46 PM
Roy.

Straight man fears trees?

fwiffo
2010-06-03, 06:50 PM
I rather like Haley, I used to prefer Elan, but she's got all the good parts of late.

Especially the eyes. Those have been extra good.

Starscream
2010-06-03, 07:01 PM
It's a toss-up between :roy: and :elan:. Both make me laugh consistently (and remind me at times of myself), but I think that the dynamic they have together enhances them both.

The hardest part about Roy being dead was no scenes between him and Elan for a whole year.

For NPCs, either Xykon (for being such a magnificent you-know-what), or Shojo (for likewise, but in a very different way).

the Riddler
2010-06-03, 07:09 PM
Hmmm...Can't really choose between Julio Scoundrél, Haley and Tarquin :tongue:

Lateral
2010-06-03, 07:12 PM
As I am a ranking member of O-Chul Facts, I have to go with O-Chul for NPC. Because O-Chul's beard conceals a third Smite Evil.

...No, seriously, though, I do think O-Chul is awesome. High CON scores can let you do the most awesome things. Same goes for DEX, INT (although generally less spectacular), and occasionally STR and CHA. But CON most. Hinjo, Kazumi Kato, and Redcloak follow close seconds. If I had to order? O-Chul, then Kazumi, then Redcloak, then Hinjo.

As for PCs?

... Elan, Belkar, or Roy. Just 'cos the first one sets me off in hysterics every time I see him and 'cos the second and third are awesome. Albeit in different ways. Oh, and Thog. The LG count as a PC in my book.

Edit: Oh, I forgot Julio! He comes after Redcloak but before Hinjo. Tarquin's too new to tell, but I think he may eventually go up thar.

Procyonpi
2010-06-03, 07:20 PM
True that. Durkon rocks! As for NPCs, gotta go with :thog:

Seconded on both counts. One of the favorite characters I've ever played was a dwaven barbarian. Both both Durkon and Thog are made of awesome.

Both the mitd and O-Chul are pretty awesome too.

CWater
2010-06-03, 07:35 PM
My favourite would be :vaarsuvius:.

:redcloak: is a close second.

Kazumi comes third. She doesn't have a smiley...

:smalltongue:Though unfortunately I'm way too tired to write why, it's already 3.30am here. *yawn*

zql
2010-06-03, 07:40 PM
Seconded on both counts. One of the favorite characters I've ever played was a dwaven barbary. Both both Durkon and Thog are made of awesome.

you must be eager to see more from Kraagor then

I think Xykon is my favorite character, followed really close by Redcloak and Thog.

As for the Order, V was always my favorite, but last time I read the comic from the beggining again (and finnaly got OtOotPC's) I started to like Roy and Durkon a little more.

It's a tough decision, all characters got GREATEST moments.

Darcy
2010-06-03, 07:42 PM
Roy.

Roy was a close second for me.

tassaron
2010-06-03, 08:29 PM
Tough decision. OOTS has a lot of great characters.

My favourite is probably Haley, though they all have their moments. Elan and V got really great plots in DSTP, but Haley is what carries the book with consistent awesomeness. ;)

Crystalline
2010-06-03, 08:35 PM
So many options!!! :smalleek:

But overall- V is DEFINITELY my favorite character. V is intelligent, is able to be incredibly witty and funny and all at the same time V has gone through multiple issues and problems and has learned every time. V seems the most willing to change after the biggest problem that happened to him/her- the dragon and soul splices.
{Edit: Forgot to mention. V is an elf and a magician. I love elves and magicians, who wouldn't like someone who can magically incinerate a small town?}
Second place on the good side, Durkon. :smallsmile:

From the bad side- Probably MitD. I just love him. Everything about him is so innocent that I want to give him a hug. But I can't. :smallbiggrin:
After that, Redcloak.

Not easy to pick though, character development in OOTS is the strongest I've ever seen. I like them all

Ellye
2010-06-03, 08:40 PM
Among the Order:
V, closely followed by Belkar.

Among the NPCs:
Redcloak.

Procyonpi
2010-06-03, 10:00 PM
you must be eager to see more from Kraagor then

Yeah, although that's pretty unlikely, considering that he's dead in a way that precludes resurrection.

Cealocanth
2010-06-03, 10:19 PM
Overall? Redcloak. I like his sense of duty and I can compare relate a lot to him except for the whole Evil thing. :redcloak:

From the Order? I'd pick haley. Mainly because I just like the whole concept. :haley:

Nimrod's Son
2010-06-03, 10:38 PM
Yeah, although that's pretty unlikely, considering that he's dead in a way that precludes resurrection.
There's surely gonna be flashbacks though. Girard's comment about Soon deserving to die in the rift instead is just too juicy not to explore.

Zevox
2010-06-03, 10:48 PM
There's surely gonna be flashbacks though. Girard's comment about Soon deserving to die in the rift instead is just too juicy not to explore.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm half expecting an Order of the Scribble prequel book to cover that, myself.

Zevox

dota600
2010-06-03, 11:04 PM
NPC is mostly the emperor of Azure city, the guy who cares for Mr. Scruffy before Belkar took over. He is the most mature and responsible guy out there and knows what to do since the worlds balance hangs with every decisions he makes. The second best NPC's however is mostly Nale(for he is what I like to see in every villain:nale:) and Thog(he likes mass slaughter like he likes his cupcakes:thog:), however Nale may got dethroned for second if Tarquin is more of a magnificent yet funny bastard than his son.

For PC's this guy hands down. :elan:

zql
2010-06-03, 11:27 PM

Haha, i meant "learn" about Kraagor.
Maybe the last book includes more information about him and Serini, considering we know a lot from Solo in the Azure city arch, from
SOD Dorukan and Lirian and from Girard right now.

I really like his design, with the braids and everything.

Temotei
2010-06-03, 11:43 PM
Elan, all the way. He reminds me of me. :elan:

This, except I consider myself fairly intelligent. I imagine you meant the humor is what you relate to, though.

Oh, and :thog:

JonestheSpy
2010-06-03, 11:57 PM
Guy With Halberd, obviously. I mean, duh.

Setra
2010-06-04, 12:15 AM
In order of 'like the most' to 'like, but not as much':
V > Roy > Elan > Durkon > Haley > Belkar

For NPCs:

Nale > MitD > Redcloak > Everyone else in no particular order

So far I am really loving Elan's Father too, but I'm not gonna rank him right now.

Procyonpi
2010-06-04, 01:26 AM
This, except I consider myself fairly intelligent. I imagine you meant the humor is what you relate to, though.

Oh, and :thog:

The Elan and Thog mini-arch was made of win. Actually, Elan probably ties Dorkon for my favorite PC

Athaniar
2010-06-04, 01:44 AM
Over all, my favorite is Xykon. Truly one of the best-written villains ever. That also makes him my favorite NPC. As for the Order, probably Vaarsuvius.

Temotei
2010-06-04, 01:45 AM
The Elan and Thog mini-arch was made of win. Actually, Elan probably ties Dorkon for my favorite PC

Hehe. :smallbiggrin:

Ceaon
2010-06-04, 02:38 AM
OotS
:roy: - very relatable and is consistently funny as well as interesting. Vaarsuvius ranks a close second though.

Other
:redcloak: - is like the Roy of team evil. I'm looking forward to some interaction between them.

Zolkabro
2010-06-04, 02:52 AM
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/155/5/e/Go_Thog_Banner_by_Zolkabro.png
I love how he is so innocent and funny and adorable.
:thog: why thog's pant's gone purple?
:thog: not-nale, not nale. thog help nail not-nale, not nale. and thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale. nale, not not-nale, now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale, in jail.
:thog: thog likes ice-cream. with sprinkles.
:thog: thog brought breadcrumbs!
:thog: huddles are fun!
:thog: ooh! or candyland? thog loves candyland!

Second place I'd give to :vaarsuvius:, :xykon: and maybe :elan:
Third place: Everyone else!

kerberos
2010-06-04, 03:28 AM
As the founder of the Belkar Fanclub, I'm going to go with... Belkar.

Killer Angel
2010-06-04, 03:38 AM
Belkar and Xykon.

I just really like a funny evil guy, is that so wrong?

Count me on your side, man! :smallbiggrin: (even if I'm more for a lawful evil type)
..and don't forget Redcloak.

Grogmir
2010-06-04, 04:08 AM
:vaarsuvius::durkon::belkar: Can't believe I put an Elf in front of the Dwarf :smalleek: but V rocks.

For NPCs - thats easy - :thog: Thog happy me get another vote.

sun_tzu
2010-06-04, 06:17 AM
For the Order: Roy. Smart, competent, responsible, and the straight man. What's not to love?
For NPCs...That's harder. So many great ones. Hinjo? O-Chul? Xykon? Redcloak? Can't decide.

Nave Senrag
2010-06-04, 10:32 AM
From the Order, Vaarsuvius, he is about as responsible as Roy although less funny and smarter.:vaarsuvius:

As for NPCs, it's a tie between Hinjo, the ass-kicking straight man of Azure city because I dig the whole Paladin thing. Since Hinjo has no avatar I will use the roach because I can.:roach:

Or Redcloak, Team Evil's Roy, because he manages to be smart, funny, responsible, and he tops it off with a healthy dose of awesome.:redcloak:

Lateral
2010-06-04, 02:50 PM
As for NPCs, it's a tie between Hinjo, the ass-kicking straight man of Azure city because I dig the whole Paladin thing. Since Hinjo has no avatar I will use the roach because I can.:roach:

...you think Hinjo is a roach?

B. Dandelion
2010-06-04, 03:23 PM
Among the order, it's Elan.

Outside the order, it's Redcloak.

It always strikes me as an odd combination. But I like them for very different reasons.

Toran
2010-06-04, 03:54 PM
Fave actual member of OOTS? ELAN! Fave NPC? THOG! Hes funny lol.

Scarlet Knight
2010-06-04, 03:58 PM
:thog: "Thog too pretty for prison!"

Big Hungry Joe
2010-06-04, 04:14 PM
Favorite: O-Chul, Belkar, and Thog

Least favorite: Roy, and Miko (yes, even understanding she's supposed to be unlikable)

Interestingly, although I find Roy tedious and vastly overrated, he stars in my all-time favorite comic, the one where he meets his younger brother in the afterlife.

Darklord Xavez
2010-06-04, 05:20 PM
For Order of the Stick members:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l43/KoolKoal/SoulSplicedVLargeSmilie.png
For other main characters:
:xykon:
For secondary characters:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/redxiv/daigowedding.gif and http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/redxiv/kazumiwedding.gif
And for NPCs/minor characters:
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w29/Vittles_Real/guywithahalberdiconqc4.png GwaH! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86816)
-Xavez

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-04, 06:11 PM
Tsukiko of course! :smallredface:

Cisturn
2010-06-04, 07:34 PM
Durkon all the way, Redcloak for NPCs, though still second to :durkon: over all

TerrickTerran
2010-06-04, 09:53 PM
PC: Elan
NPC: Tsukiko

lio45
2010-06-04, 10:10 PM
For PCs, I'd have a hard time choosing between Roy, V, and Belkar. I prefer the former two, but Belkar has so many great quotes and great scenes (even though he's a complete bastard) that I would consider it a three-way tie.

My favorite NPC would be Xykon, then following closely in no particular order, Nale, Redcloak (truly Team Evil's Roy) and Shojo.

(The Oracle would also make the list if he wasn't such a minor NPC.)

Come to think of it, Xykon and Nale would probably be my two favorite characters of the whole strip (including OotS members). In that order.

krossbow
2010-06-04, 10:38 PM
Elan all the way! I've loved him from the beginning, and found him to be the most amusing character of the story, with the most growth.

Roy III
2010-06-04, 10:44 PM
Elan is my absolute favorite, personality-wise. He could be my best friend.

Belkar is always reliable for a smart comment or pure ridiculous fighting ability.

And as guilty as it makes me feel, I can always get a laugh out of Xykon's rants.

Damaris
2010-06-05, 05:36 AM
Out of the PCs, probably Elan as well. And Belkar, because the two of them get the funniest lines. And Durkon, mostly for his tree-phobia. (Yeah, so I like all of them.)

Favourite NPC, Shojo, I think. He's brilliant (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0379.html).

Nimrod's Son
2010-06-05, 11:27 PM
Maybe, maybe not. I'm half expecting an Order of the Scribble prequel book to cover that, myself.
And what are the prequels if not extended flashbacks?

Eloi
2010-06-05, 11:40 PM
Elan is my favorite because he's the type of character I'd play, sans stupidity but still retaining most of the humor.
He also seems to be fighting for the betterment of people and not a deeper, secretive motive. Just helping people. And thats what being Chaotic Good is all about.

Bongos
2010-06-06, 01:00 AM
For me it is between Miko Miyazaki and Therkla the Ninja. Two very original and incredible characters.

SlayerScott
2010-06-07, 04:13 PM
Vaarsuvius for OOTS member, Thog for secondary character. For alternates I'd take Belkar and O-Chul. I pretty much like every recurring character in the series except Miko and she made for a pretty good storyline.

Lateral
2010-06-07, 06:26 PM
For me it is between Miko Miyazaki and Therkla the Ninja. Two very original and incredible characters.

Although I TOTALLY second that, prepare for flak, as those are possibly the two most controversial characters in the comic.

(Crap, now I need to prepare for flak!)
If anyone ends up sending me flak for this, just let me say:
Case in point.

Felecies
2010-06-07, 07:53 PM
Elan... Definately

as for NPC's I couldn't decide between Nale, Sabine, and Thog so I rolled a die and got Nale.

It's a great family of theirs

NegativeFifteen
2010-06-07, 08:02 PM
Roy.

Miko.

But in all seriousness, Miko kicked ass while she was alive. She set up good jokes, and I loved her take on being a paladin (Especially since my first character was a black guard).

Bongos
2010-06-07, 09:29 PM
Although I TOTALLY second that, prepare for flak, as those are possibly the two most controversial characters in the comic.

That's probably why I like them.

Fable Wright
2010-06-07, 09:54 PM
I say in the Order, definately :belkar:, but my favorite NPC is :mitd:. Also, no one ever mentioned :roach: He's the #2 favorite NPC, because they can teleport around the panels and make random jokes. They are the 2nd most awesome force in the universe.

DrGonzo
2010-06-08, 08:03 AM
Belkar, Elan, Monster-San, O-Chul.

Listed alphabetically, for your convenience.

Devmaar
2010-06-08, 08:19 AM
From the order, Belkar, maybe Elan.

NPC, Thog. Definitely Thog.

:belkar: :elan: :thog:

eggynack
2010-06-08, 03:31 PM
For the OOTS I have to go with Elan especially due to the dashing swordsman arc. For the comic as a whole probably Redcloak or Xykon.

krossbow
2010-06-08, 11:24 PM
the Cliffport/dashing swordsman arc is still my favorite bit of the comics so far. Its go drama, some of the best punchlines in the series so far (Must... resist... urge to assert heterosexuality... for sake of the plan), and real character development with haley and Elan.

Not to mention that Thog and Elan are a great comedy duo (then again, thog and anyone are a great comedy duo)

Procyonpi
2010-06-09, 01:03 AM
the Cliffport/dashing swordsman arc is still my favorite bit of the comics so far. Its go drama, some of the best punchlines in the series so far (Must... resist... urge to assert heterosexuality... for sake of the plan), and real character development with haley and Elan.

Not to mention that Thog and Elan are a great comedy duo (then again, thog and anyone are a great comedy duo)

Agreed. That whole arch, as Elan put it, was "the feel good comedy of the year." Or decade. Or Century. Or... heck, or just of all time.

The Blackbird
2010-06-09, 04:49 PM
Elan and Redcloak are my favs.:smallsmile:

The Pilgrim
2010-06-09, 06:39 PM
Elan and Thog.

Elan, because he chose a style and keeps faithful to it. No matter how many people think Bards are an underpowered and silly class. No matter how many pranks he gets from Roy, V, or anyone else.

Thog, becasue has a positive actitude towards life that can't be broken, not even by a Red Dragon chewing him down (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0725.html).

Next to them, through pretty far, lies Redcloak. Who will make it to my personal top the day he gets enough guts to stand to Xykon and tell him off.

calar
2010-06-09, 08:02 PM
PC: V
NPC: Hinjo

There's something very enduring about arrogant self-centered wizard types.

KoboldRevenge
2010-06-09, 08:52 PM
also the dirt farmers

Damaris
2010-06-10, 12:26 PM
Miko.

But in all seriousness, Miko kicked ass while she was alive. She set up good jokes, and I loved her take on being a paladin (Especially since my first character was a black guard).

Miko was *awesome*. At least before she went *completely* crazy.

Balain
2010-06-10, 12:54 PM
For me it goes:

OOTS: Belkar, he has made me laugh out loud the most

LG: Thog, Same reason as Belkar

Xykon's gang: Monster in the Darkness

NPC: O-chul He's just cool

Raimun
2010-06-10, 04:02 PM
Well, obviously that guy with the halberd for a number of reasons like... umm... he can make trip attacks and.... oh! He can ready the halberd to do double damage! I bet no one else in the comic can do all that.

MysticalSpoon
2010-06-10, 06:14 PM
The Order
1 - Haley. Her treatment of money as a child and overlly selfishness but also her loyalty to friends and dislike of evil has always made her seem like a well made, interesting character.
2 - Elan. A hilarious, funny character who kinda reminds me of... Me. Only awesomer. He shares my love of drama and plot. (Sadly, generally when something bad happens to me my first thought is "OOH! Good plot twist.")
3 - Belkar. Destruction, mayhem and death galore. I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!
4 - Roy. He prevides a nice take on Lawful Good alignment, and anyone who wants to play a lawful good character should look at him for inspiration so they don't unintentionally play Lawful Stupid, trully an awesome character.
5 - V. Logical, thought out lawful neutral elf wizard? Pwnage.
6 - Durkon. It's not that I dislike Durkon, infact he's pretty damn awesome, and I love dwarves, but I simply preffer most of the others. It's pretty close between him and V.

Non-Order:
Thog, The thing in the dark, Hinjo and O-chul.

Also, Miko for being the best villain in the comic.

FeanorFireHeart
2010-06-11, 02:11 AM
for Order members its a tie between elan and roy. I like elan's character and can identify with it, but when playing D&D way back when I did I played a fighter who was the leader of the group.

as for LG thog hands down

team evil has to be red cloak.

and npc in general its a tie between hinjo and all the orcs of orc island.:thog:

Sphinx
2010-06-14, 11:49 AM
I definitely have to go with Roy as my favorite, followed closely by Haley and Elan.

For NPCs, Therkla. She was awesome.

CWater
2010-06-14, 01:04 PM
Since I seem to have developed a thing for counting:smalltongue::

Order:
1.Elan (22)
2.Vaarsuvius (14)
3.Belkar (13)

Other:
1.Thog (14)
2.Redcloak (13)
3.Xykon (11)

Stmr5000
2010-06-14, 09:44 PM
Alright, so my favorite over all is without a doubt Xykon. A hilarious cliche that ends up being all the better as a character for it, plus fully capable of whaling on anyone who gets in his way. A wonderful mix of style and force.

After that, a toss up between Belkar and V, for reason's previously stated.

Redcloak used to be second, but the end of SoD knocked him down a few spots.

Honorable mention go to the roaches, Thog and Nale, and the IFCC.

Gratinth
2010-06-14, 09:50 PM
my favorite charecter is either roy, the monster in the dark,belkar, or elan

Silly Wizard
2010-06-14, 09:51 PM
V, followed by Durkon for the Order

For NPC, probably Redcloak

Skaven
2010-06-14, 10:39 PM
I have grown very fond of Gannji the last few strips.

So i'm gonna go with Gannji.

Stabber
2010-06-15, 10:55 PM
Belkar. Most surley Belkar.-:smallwink:
-stabber

PsychoticDwarf
2010-06-16, 01:14 AM
Keeping in mind that there's not a single character, (with the exception of miko), who's not totally awesome, Monster in the Darkness, I suppose.

Optimystik
2010-06-16, 01:51 AM
The MitD :smallsmile:

Don't let the innocence fool you - he's a powerhouse. I can't wait until we see more of his abilities.

Sereg
2010-06-16, 05:09 AM
PC: V
NPC: Hinjo

There's something very enduring about arrogant self-centered wizard types.

I believe that you mean "endearing", but otherwise I agree with you. My favourite charater is V. Outside the Order, it is more difficult to choose between loads of awesome characters, but I believe that I'd go with Hinjo as well.

Bundin
2010-06-16, 10:29 AM
Order: Haley, never was a comic character more expressive with lines like "XCGH???". Besides, I like the snark :)

NPCs: Impossible to decide really... I'll go for O-Chul right now, but in 10mins I may have switched to Thog, or MitD, or Mr. Scruffy, or...

Valifor
2010-06-17, 09:28 PM
for the Order i'd have to go with V definately.

for villains, i'd say Xykon (gotta love his cruel cleverness)

for other NPC's, tie between O'Chul and MitD