PDA

View Full Version : To Steal the Sun... On Earth as it is on Heaven (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Cadian 9th
2010-06-03, 08:39 PM
DM

The ashfall covers the ground, as soft wind blows between the stone pillars which support this hallowed meeting place. The ancient pillars have withstood the apocalypse, and the circle they form marks a point where the Gods can commune as a neutral meeting ground.

Jubilus moves up to the North part of the four pointed star. Jericho, fey vampire stands in the slightly more shadowed area, at the south point. Francis stands, knight in shining armour, at the East point. Cyrus stands, the latest arrival, at the west point.

From the slope of the peak, a shining presence strides upwards, powerful wingbeats raising small clouds of dust and blowing ash away. The large man has silver skin and incredibly handsome features, shadowed by the elven-esque helm he wears. Great and powerful wings cast a shadow on the world, and by the mans side is an extraordinary bow of incredible craftmanship, upon his belt is the blade of the sharpest greatsword. This is a solar angel, a divine champion of justice.

" Greetings, Angels, Vampires, Creatures of Light and Darkness. I am the messenger of the Blood Raven, God of Valour. One of the surviving Gods of Grey. I bid you to take audience to my Lord's words... " The angel speaks.

Distant echoes of peace echo throughout the area, sounds of war and death rise from the seeds of silence. Relaxing, you open your minds, communing with all as a single entity. The power of the Angel is clear, though you are suddenly aware of the power of the others as well: The capabilities of each other, the potential for victory and ability of the supernatural beings which you all are. You know each other to be connected to humanity in some way, wether by distant heritage or even close parentage.

A presence enters the world, one who's thoughts decide the course of the world, the power of a god. The Blood Raven arrives, complex and divine, yet through your own power you can remain unaffected by his presence. The solar kneels in respect, and you stand as you will.

" I am the Blood raven. I watch the Faithful triumph and the guilty fall. I watch the death of the innocent, lament their loss, bring justice to the sinful, swift vengeance to my enemies. I fought with Takshis in the End Times, casting her down. I fought my brother, Hiereneous, forced by circumstance. I have survived the apocalypse. "

" It has come apparent to us Divine Beings that all is not well in the world. My fellow gods blundered in their measures, that I advised against. The Legions of Reapers march the world, their original purpose now perverted as they wage war on all. The Forces of Hell overrun districts, and the last remenants of Good fall day by day. This, This is not the balance we intended. "

The God appears, a cloaked man, red and gold. His face is hidden yet his stance suggests benevolence. You all feel a blessing; Resilience. The Vampires feel the weakness of their Sun vulnerability lift: the Celestials feel more earthy and free-er in actions.

" We bid you to bring about the balance: Your purpose is to seek the artifacts of the End Times: Relics of the past which cannot be touched by gods, only those descended from humanity. We are unaware of where they are, that is your task. Kirious, you may assist them. "

The Solar angel bows further. " As you wish, my lord. "

The Blood raven nods.
" Accumulation will allow you to destroy the Chaos gem, a stone made of pure chaos energy. This stone prevents us from acting as we once did, constraining us to this plane. If we are to be freed, we intend to steal the sun. No longer will the Sun rise. No longer will the sun set. The world will be locked in the twilight of Dusk and Dawn, an Eclipse of the light that restores the balance between Good and Evil, once and for all... "

And with that, the god leaves you. His presence recedes, clearing your mind, and the link you enjoyed is broken. The Solar rises, and looks to you for questions.

" I have a legion to lead, several days from here. I have little time, but I will aid you when I can. "

Okay, so Vampires are now less weakened by sunlight: It takes them 6 rounds to die from sunlight. Partial sunlight only causes a -2 penalty to everything.

Celestials are now not constrained fully to act Lawful Good. They may act as they will without their nature causing them distress.

The day is morning, 6 am, sun rise.

unre9istered
2010-06-03, 10:11 PM
Jubilus

Rising from the bow he took to give a god the respect he was due, Jubilus turns towards Kirious.
"Perhaps we should take this to a place more comfortable for Lord Cyrus and Jericho," Jubilus suggests.

Samm
2010-06-04, 01:12 AM
Francis bows, as he rises he says to the angel but averting his eyes from the Blood Raven, "I'll accept your duties, a balance between good and evil is far better than the evil we are witnessing now. I'd much rather a grey than a black" , Francis continues solemly under his breath, "as would Hierenous...". Then Francis speaks up again he asks the question, "Would it be possible for these relics to be described to me, unfortunately, I am not familiar with them?"

Duskranger
2010-06-04, 01:34 AM
Jericho

"If you want to conversate with each other we can use my carriage, and with us I mean everyone except that vampire, he may burn in the sun."Jericho says with a harshsounding hate in his voice when he says the word vampire. "Follow me please," he says to the others while leading the way to his carriage, a nice carriage pulled by four horses, while a fifth one is tied to the back of it. Further it's just a normal carriage, except that the windows are completely black.

unre9istered
2010-06-04, 06:43 AM
Jubilus

"Do not be so quick to condemn him, Jericho. I'm certain Blood Raven choose all of us for a reason," Jubilus says. "If you do not feel comfortable inviting him into your carriage though, perhaps we could find somewhere else."

Duskranger
2010-06-04, 06:53 AM
Jericho

"I have had years to condemn they who are like them. I had years decades to see the good in them, but there is no good in them. They have killed my friends, for longer than I can remember. They destroy lives easier than counting to ten. They love destruction too much. I am what I am because of them. If that thing gets closer to me than he should he dies. And if I were you I should watch out, before you know it your under his compulsion and you become his next meal. If that's what you enjoy being food go ahead. But I will be inside my carriage and let the vampires burn."Jericho's eyes become red with hatred, rage and sadness while he says that. After his speech he goes inside of his carriage and let the others decide where they go.

unre9istered
2010-06-04, 08:00 AM
Jubilus

Jubilus sighs sadly as Jericho walks away.
"Well it's good that we're all friendly. This bodes well for our mission's success," he says sarcastically.

Rothen
2010-06-04, 11:00 AM
After Jericho retreated to his carriage, Cyrus finally spoke. His voice revealed some of his annoyance toward the situation.
"Never mind him. For a brother, his behaviour is peculiar. But there have been cases of...unstability before."
He paused, and looked at the others. The pale green spellscale was by far the least physically impressive of the group, but the angel had revealed to him that they were all of similar strength. He was fascinated by this magic, and he continued to study the others as he spoke - while making sure that he stayed as far away from the sunlight as possible.

"I'll be honest with all of you: I do not have to be here. My guild has asked me to come, but if our friend here makes it impossible for me to assist you, then that is unfortunate, but not an unsolvable problem.
Either way, I appreciate your concern." Turning to Kirious, he added, "I haven't heard of these relics before either. What are they, and do you have any idea of where we could start looking?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-04, 07:34 PM
Kirious

The great Solar locks Jericho in a commanding gaze. Jericho feels the weakness of sunlight return, slowly, and feels weaker and weaker. Abruptly, the moment passes, but the threat is clear.

" The Blood Raven has picked you for this mission. That is all. Forget your past and differences: Shake free of your hate and anger. It will not bring them back. " Kirious says, in a deep, sombre voice. Some expression of slight grief crosses the Angel's glowing features.

To the others, Kirious' voice brings the answers.

" Each of the Relics is from before the Cataclysm - there are 3 in total. I know that one is in possession of Ra, the Balor of Tyr. He commands the legions of chaos, and resides in a Flaming Marshland, in his Tower of Soulfire. I cannot pass there for the goodness of my nature: You, more naturalized creatures can pass through the main defences unhinderd. "

He pauses.

" You will know the place by its strong aura: Chaos and Evil, Incredible strength, with the Flavour of Blood and Fire. "

" The Other I know to be in the city of the Humans. Their order of magic holds it, I believe. "

" The final has a place that is Unknown to me: Though, take solace in this detail: Each Relic will, when stimulated with power matching its alignment, will point the way to it's two brothers. "

The angel beats his wings, ready to depart. " The Relics are powerful indeed: Hiding them once you have found them will be difficult. Fortune smile upon you, even if Fortune herself is dead..."

Samm
2010-06-04, 09:33 PM
Francis, concerned by Jericho's aggression, says, "Calm, down there are always exceptions to the rule. I should know that, some knights lied throught their teeth to get where they were, hardly chivalrous at all..."

Francis realises there will be a large journey ahead of him, "Well, now the question is, where to first, and how do we start? I believe we should head into the human city first, resistance will probably be lighter there."

Rothen
2010-06-05, 03:51 AM
Cyrus smiled a little bit. Apparently, him not having a problem with Jericho didn't mean that he didn't like watching him being put in his place.

"Yes, the city should be our first destination. Even if we can't find a way to take the relic from the mortals, there's bound to be some information there.
"Wait...How well aware are the Balor and the humans of the power of the artifacts? Because if they aren't, it shouldn't be too hard to persuade them to trade it with us."

Can I roll a Knowledge(Arcana) check to see what Cyrus knows about this guild?
If so: [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-05, 04:20 AM
Kirious

" Very aware. Thought, neither know their true power, merely that they are important enough to risk their lives for. If there is nothing else to ask, I will leave now. "

Cyrus

You know it is made up of mage's, but you only know that because Kirious told you. Their power is greater than yours. Diplomacy and infiltration is your best bet, from your experience - the Humans are too strong to risk a frontal assualt or even a rear assualt.

:smallsmile:

Duskranger
2010-06-05, 04:54 AM
Jericho

He sits down in his carriage and opens a karaf with a certain red fluid in it. He smells it and than throws it out of the carriage. He starts crying. Silent sobbs are hearable if you listen well. The blood from the karaf starts forming a small puddle and gets mixed with the sand. His one good eye is filled with a great sadness, while his other eye is devoid of any emotion, a small red dot is visible in the complete white of the emotionless eye.

OOC:

Not that you can see the eye and such, since the door is closed after throwing the karaf out, but it seems to me that you can at least hear the silenced sobbing of Jericho with a normal listen check.
The blood from the karaf is by the way non-humanoid (just in case you wanted to check the taste Cyrus:smallbiggrin:)

unre9istered
2010-06-05, 09:44 AM
Jubilus

"The human city is probably the easiest to start with. I'm the only one of us that cannot pass for a mortal being of some kind, where as none of us look like any type of demon really," Jubilus says. "I am on foot, it's hard to find a mount my size. Jericho has his cart. I can probably keep up with that, few horses can outrun me, how do you two travel?

Cadian 9th
2010-06-05, 10:04 PM
DM

Kirious leaves, silence descends for a moment. The aura of this place weakens somewhat, then you all detect slight chaos. A distant boom and flash announces another Demon Storm: You all remember the storms to herad the approach of Storm Elementals...

To the North, you can sense a Faint Chaotic Evil aura, Human flavour. To the south and west, Mild Unaligned Chaotic, Devil flavor. To the east is weak lawful good, elven flavour.

From now on in, just try and sense the aura of a place and you'll find out. That's the best map around here.
OOC Hint:
Overpowering Lawful Evil with Strong Devil Flavour (with added fries :smallbiggrin:) is not a fun place to go.

Samm
2010-06-06, 01:51 AM
Jubilus

"The human city is probably the easiest to start with. I'm the only one of us that cannot pass for a mortal being of some kind, where as none of us look like any type of demon really," Jubilus says. "I am on foot, it's hard to find a mount my size. Jericho has his cart. I can probably keep up with that, few horses can outrun me, how do you two travel?

"I can mount on the cart if need be, of course I can fly if that helps..." Francis motions to his wings. "Look, I say we head off to the city now - North I'm sensing."

OOC:

Well, I'm basing the North decision off the auras and flavours I'm picking up. If this is in anyway flawed, please alert me.

Duskranger
2010-06-06, 02:09 AM
Jericho

After getting himself together again and he's ready he opens the door and looks at the others.
"What are you waiting for, let's go travel, we need to be there before someone gets the idea in their head that it's necessary to do something with the item. And by the way, you vampire are still not invited in this carriage. If you want to travel with the carriage hang yourself up on the chassis or so."

unre9istered
2010-06-06, 09:09 AM
Jubilus

"So how then, will you travel, Lord Cyrus? I guess you could wrap yourself in a cloak and I could carry you, though that seems like an undignified method of travel," Jubilus says looking at the elder vampire.

Rothen
2010-06-06, 11:52 AM
After formally thanking Kirious for his assistance, Cyrus considers his predicament for a few moments.

"Well, I'll be honest I hadn't properly considered the possibility that we'd travel by day. But no," he continued, with a chuckle, "I don't feel like being carried around all day like a bag of grain. Don't worry about me, I'll keep up.."

Cyrus touches the gem of his ring for a moment, concentrates for a moment, and pulls some strings of hair from a pouch. He gestures and mumbles some words, and a few moments later, a black steed is staring at the party.
The vampire dons his cloak and cape, making sure every part of his body is safe from his greatest weakness. He nods at the others.
"Let's go. I don't know how far the city is from here, but I'm hoping we can reach it at sunset.

Cyrus retrieves the 1st level spell Mount from the Spellpool and casts it. Yay, Horsie! :smallbiggrin:
Do we have any clue how far the city is at this point?

Cadian 9th
2010-06-06, 07:45 PM
DM

The Storm is growing in strength, heading south. Stretching out with your supernatural senses, you conduct the energies of the land to find your quarry. East. There is a strong Lawful Neutral area, with Human flavour... Past the Elven Flavoured weak lawful good area. The ashfilled skies are particular full today, but you know the storm will clear the ash when it arrives.

From now on, guys, just IC use Supernatural senses to connect with the earth, trying to find an aura. Using a DC 35 Charisma check, you can also pinpoint the location of individual creatures at a range of 30 miles, the DC increases by 5 for every 10 miles extra. Also, a particularly strong aura, such as a chaotic outsider of 15 HD, Decrease the DC by 5. (Or more)

Samm
2010-06-07, 01:57 AM
Francis

Francis starts hover, on his wings and then sets off with the rest of the group. When he feels the Lawful Neutral Human Flavoured Aura, he says, "Huh, I'll wager this is the city we want. I'm feeling East at the moment... Let's go that way chaps."

I'm guessing at the moment that the city is the Lawful Neutral Aura with the Human flavour. If anything we're sensing is the city, it's probably that.

Duskranger
2010-06-07, 02:01 AM
Jericho

Jericho puts his wheels in motion with the reigns that are hanging in his carriage. He starts to move with a slow speed and looks around if the others do the same.

Rothen
2010-06-07, 06:14 AM
Cyrus

The vampire mounts his horse and turns it to the east.
"Yes, yes, enough of this stalling. he says, and heads off.

unre9istered
2010-06-07, 08:10 AM
Jubilus

Jubilus trots along, keeping pace just behind the leader of the group, hoping to be in a position to avert hostilities without drawing the first arrows. He begins to sing a lighthearted sounding song in the celestial tongue in time with his footfalls.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 06:51 PM
DM

You travel for several hours. As you watch, the Landscape alters, rivers running in the lands behind you and hills forming in the distance. Swamplands beckon to you: The elemental storm demolishes a new grove of trees, but is now quite far behind you. Ahead, you can sense the presence of Chaotic Neutral - Quite weak - with Dwarven flavour.

Duskranger
2010-06-08, 02:20 AM
Jericho

He moves on in sadness thinking about times of earlier days. Days when he still was himself and not a corpse. He hated this form, even when he tried to make the best of it he still screwed up. And now the complete world was in ruins and no one could fix it. One thing he knew for sure. He was not to trust any of the traverers with him, and certainly not the vampire.

Samm
2010-06-08, 02:42 AM
Francis

Francis flys along, reminiscing of the days when Hiereneous was still alive. "Those were the days, those were the days. When all I had to do was confront evil, and bring it to justice, make a stand for good in the world...", he thinks.

Rothen
2010-06-08, 12:42 PM
Cyrus

After the first hours of silence, Cyrus clears his throat. Travelling in the sun didn't improve his mood, but he still sounded somewhat cheery.
"While we're out here in this blasted sun anyway, we might as well make acquaintances.
"How about you, Jubilus? For what reason did you answer the call of the Blood Raven?" the vampire asks the celestial - if only to keep him from singing.

Are we there yet? :smalltongue:

unre9istered
2010-06-08, 12:52 PM
Jubilus

Jubilus ends his song mid-verse without interrupting the tempo of his paces, "I have been working to achieve the kind of balance that Blood Raven seeks on my own for some time. None of the armies I've dealt with were willing to stop their marauding if it meant that some ancient enemy was allowed to keep any territory though. I hope to see the remaining gods succeed where I have failed."

Samm
2010-06-09, 01:44 AM
Francis

Francis interupts, "I'd be interested in the reason why you choose to do this Cyrus. I, myself believe that balance is better than evil, so working towards such an end would be a good deed. That is why I'm doing it."

Duskranger
2010-06-09, 01:48 AM
Jericho

Inside of his carriage he listens to the conversation outside and thinks in himself.
"Balance is worthelss as long as there are still vampires, we shouldn't strife to eternal grey, but to eternal day, that would be much better."
But he doesn't say it out loud, for he knows that they would not agree, or understand him.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-09, 02:09 AM
DM

Walking through the swamps, the chaotic neutral dwarven flavour gets stronger... You hear a splash in the swamps ahead, some 70 ft away.

unre9istered
2010-06-09, 07:21 AM
Jubilus

Jubilus stops at the sound and rising sense of chaos. He draws his scimitar and calls out, "Show yourself!" He prepares to duck behind the carriage if the response is a ranged attack.

Rothen
2010-06-09, 02:26 PM
Cyrus

Francis interupts, "I'd be interested in the reason why you choose to do this Cyrus. I, myself believe that balance is better than evil, so working towards such an end would be a good deed. That is why I'm doing it."

Cyrus nods, and responds "I represent certain neutra-" when he is interrupted by the sudden noise. He halts, and turns his head to the side.
"Does anybody want to go check that out?" he asks.

Stupid wordfilter. :smallsigh:
'To **** one's head' is apparently vulgar.

Duskranger
2010-06-09, 02:28 PM
Jericho
Out of the carriage the voice of Jericho sounds: "Go ahead vampire, I hope they kill you, so that they spare me the need to soil my hands with your body."

Rothen
2010-06-09, 02:46 PM
Cyrus

Cyrus groans. "Well, if the humans fail to do me in, his incessant blathering definetely will. he muttered under his breath.

Samm
2010-06-10, 03:39 AM
Francis

Francis stops immediately upon hearing the noise, hovering, he mutters, "Wait, what is that?"

Francis then takes a look around for the source of the noise, he also tries figure out what may be causing the noise by listening more closely.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-10, 04:12 AM
DM

You hear another splash, closer this time. And another one, this time behind you. The one ahead sounds bigger and a column of steam can be seen, some 55ft away, where the bigger splash was...

The silence descends, but another slight splash is heard, this time some 40 ft away. Its to your left side. Francis spots a blur of motion ahead, something small moving at ridiuclous speed: Probably humanoid, perhaps human.

Aura currently is Close Chaotic Neutral Dwarven and Magical beast...

Duskranger

Your carraige explodes, shattered by the disintergrate trap that you forgot to search for. You tumble out, but, unfortunately, You land on another trap, this one of whirling blades, slicing your back. Cyrus tries to help you, but takes a step foward, forgets to check for traps, and is neatly sliced in two by a massive blade, then incinerated by a nova trap.

Okay, that was a joke.

Duskranger
2010-06-10, 04:16 AM
Jericho

Jericho jumps out of his carriage, taking care that he stays within the shadow of the carriage. Than he transforms in a bat and hangs under the carriage on a place where he can see all and if necessary can act violently against the attacker.

Cadian

The fear and anger for traps is deep in you isn't it. Ah well, if you kill hte character you can't feed it to the tarrasque (why does everyone fears that beast actually). By the way how is it with daylight at the moment. I burn remember.

Samm
2010-06-10, 04:26 AM
Francis

"It's quick, ready yourselves, it's almost upon us...", and with that, he draws his halberd and readies his buckler. He yells, "Show yourself!"

unre9istered
2010-06-10, 08:22 PM
Jubilus

"I already said that. It doesn't seem to want to show itself," Jubilus says.

Duskranger
2010-06-11, 01:10 AM
Jericho

Jericho smiles and uses his batform to screech.

In this case in [roll0] rounds [roll1] wolves appear to serve me for an hour, or if I release them less off course.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-11, 01:27 AM
DM

Suddenly, a burst of swamp water shoots into the air, and 13 terrible roars reveal a many headed, serpintine creature. It's eyes glow with chaotic vigour, and you all detect it as a outsider. Several more splashes reveal several dwarves, all in heavier armour, currently 10 of them, then the huge creature breathes ice at all of you, freezing Jericho's carriage to the ground as you all try to dodge!

Reflex saves, everyone, and Initiative! :smallsmile:

Time to test out your builds :smallbiggrin:

Duskranger
2010-06-11, 01:39 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Reflex: [roll1] (if the attack goes through I still have resistance ice 10) and 1 round before my wolves appear.

OOC:

I ask myself how would the Dominate ability of the vampire work on this thing. Rothen shall we try? Nevermind this it would work on the dwarves, but not on the beast.

Samm
2010-06-11, 04:25 AM
Francis

Francis yells, "Look alive folks, we've got trouble on hands!", while trying to dodge the ice breath.

Reflex:[roll0]
Initiative:[roll1]

Note: Add 1 to my reflex save if it is the ice breath is a magic effect. Also, I've got Cold Resistance 10. Also, these rolls are disgusting.

Rothen
2010-06-11, 08:40 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus has trouble keeping both his horse under control and whispering a spell, but manages.

Cyrus casts Nerveskitter through his Runestaff.
[roll0] -> Why do I even bother?
[roll1]

About the surroundings: if we're in a swamp, how much sun is there? Are we under trees, or not?

Duskranger
2010-06-11, 08:50 AM
Jericho

Jericho looks around and transforms back into vampire form. Than he says:
Please people do not fight us, we come in peace. Or at least mean you no harm, we are traveling throught this piece of the land.

Diplomacycheck:

[roll0]

unre9istered
2010-06-11, 03:27 PM
Jubilus

Rolls:
Reflex Save: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]+2 more, I forget that Bracers of Blinding Strike give a +2 to initiative.
I'd have thought by the description it was a Cryohydra, but if it's an outsider: Knowledge the Planes: [roll2]

Edit:
Thought I'd put my first action in here to save time.

Jubilus shrugs off the effects of the icy breath, casts a quick spell, and begins to sing a loud, violent sounding song in Draconic. Those who can understand it hear a song about the glories of battle in the Heroic Domains of Ysgard. Some of the words of the song understandable to all. While they are in no language known their power is such that they are felt in the listener's very soul.

OOC:The spell was Inspirational Boost. The song is Dragonfire Inspiration using Words of Creation. Because of my Battle Dragon Heritage it adds sonic damage instead of fire. Next round I'll add Badge of Valor; I can't do that now because of the limit of one immediate or swift action per turn. I can activate the Badge of Valor as immediate action after my turn is over. With words of creation, Inspirational Boost, the Badge of Valor and Song of the Heart the song adds +10d6 sonic damage to my allies attacks. I can't roll because this is an edit so I'll roll for the subdual damage Jubilus takes in the OOC thread.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-11, 08:36 PM
DM

With lightning reflexes, you all but Francis manage to dodge the freezing waters: The ground is now frozen beneath your feet, trapping the Celestial Francis. The 13 headed beast drives foward, snapping 3 heads at Jericho, as if to scorn him for even trying to negotiate. Several of the Dwarven warriors advance, hulking, menacing. One non-armoured one waves a crystal staff in an arc, causing the beast and the warriors to glow with green light. The Sun, hidden behind thick ash, can do nothing but increase slight visibility.

" Fine words, Vampire. Perhaps we should bring you and your angelic friends into our kingdom too, just to be friends " He says, smahing his will into Cyrus' and Jericho's mind.

Cyrus, Jericho

Make will saves, and it's a charm cumpulsion effect, magical.

Jubilus

Your learning of the planes reveals that this is indeed a terrible 13 headed cyro-hydra that lived on the former plane of The Nine Hells. It's fiendish nature grants it resilience and power, as well as increased intelligence. This one is wearing slight armour plates and is a formidable opponent.

You also recall there are always two of them.

Francis:

OOC: Yes, they were.
You must roll strength checks to break free, assuming no fire to melt the ice. DC 30.
Also, take [roll0] cold damage.

DM Notes:

Initiative:
[roll1]

Duskranger
2010-06-12, 02:43 AM
Jericho

Willsave: [roll0]

"I let you know we have no evil to do here, and arejust travellers and you do this well, sorry, but from now on no one can save you.

Jericho charges after those words at the creature and attacks it (thanks to his pounce he has 5 attacks :smallbiggrin:)

Slam: [roll1] +2 from charge if hit : [roll2]
Claw1:[roll3] +2 from charge if hit: [roll4]
Claw2:[roll5] +2 from charge if hit: [roll6]
Claw 3:[roll7]+2 from charge if hit: [roll8]
Claw 4:[roll9]+2 from charge if hit: [roll10]

For all attacks that hit the opponent needs to make a fortsave (DC 22) or get 2 negative levels for every negative level drained I get 5 temp hp.

In case of 20's:

Confirmrolls + additional damage:
Slam: [roll11] if hit : [roll12]
Claw1:[roll13] if hit: [roll14]
Claw2:[roll15] if hit: [roll16]
Claw 3:[roll17] if hit: [roll18]
Claw 4:[roll19] if hit: [roll20]

Wish I could switch these rolls with each other :smallbiggrin:

Rothen
2010-06-12, 12:59 PM
"We'll be sure to find your relatives and bottle up their blood for a nice, cold winter evening though. Since we're evil," Cyrus adds on a slightly ironic tone as he dismounts. Then he summons a cloud of golden particles around the dwarves.

[roll0]

Glitterdust (You target my Will, I target yours :smallwink:), centered on the dwarves so it catches as many dwarves as possible. If it's possible, try to catch the magic user in the radius as well. DC 24, blinded for 10 rounds if failed. And you know, the usual glitters if they're going to try and hide.

[roll1] To identify what he just cast, if it's a spell. If you're brandishing your new knowledge of psionics, ignore this.

Samm
2010-06-12, 05:36 PM
Francis

"Ahh...", he groans as the ice-breath reaches him, after successfully failing to dodge the breath. He desperately tries to break free, struggling with all his might.

Strength Check: [roll0]

Note: There is no possible way for me to break free unless I roll a natural 20. My modifier is +6. This really sucks.

Samm
2010-06-13, 04:06 AM
Francis

Finding that his sheer strength has failed him, he yells out a challange to all those around him. "C'mon, you're not scared of me! I'm frozen here, you can't be scared of a man frozen in a swamp!"

Test of Mettle: The badies have to make a DC: 19 will save or attack me, unless they have an Int of less than 5 or a CR of less than 6.

After issuing the challenge he tries break free of the ice by breaking it with his halberd.

Attack: This is done taking a -9 penalty for Power attack! and a -10 penalty for Improved Combat Expertise. I'm assuming a sundering is considered an attack action, for the purposes of Combat Expertise. I love this because it raises my AC to 39.

Damage: [roll]1d10+31
Shock Damage: [roll1]
Right, I'm assuming that I won't be electrocuted by the shock damage, because it seems to suggest so in the SRD.

Upon command, a shock weapon is sheathed in crackling electricity. The electricity does not harm the wielder. The effect remains until another command is given. A shock weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of electricity damage on a successful hit. Bows, crossbows, and slings so crafted bestow the electricity energy upon their ammunition.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-14, 03:20 AM
DM

The Dwarves, all 6 of them, advancing stoic-ly, turn their heads to Francis' challenge. One raises his shining halberd over his full plate, Green aura flaring as he advances. The magus look-ing dwarf simply shakes his head, gritting his teeth in an attempt to resist Cyrus' spell.

The beastie rears back, mildly bothered by jericho's furious charge, seemingly fighting back against the negative effects of his dark nature.

DM Notes:

Oh, If you must read.

Fort Save:
Hydra
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]

Will Saves:
Wizard: [roll2]
Dwarves:
1:[roll3]
2:[roll4]
3:[roll5]
4:[roll6]

Cyrus:

You Identify it as Twin Hold Monster.

In an effort of will, Jericho shakes off the Spell, yet Cyrus, unprepared for such a brutal, powerful attack, is dominated by the spell... Cyrus is paralyzed following his actions, still breathing but held in place...

The Wizard and all four dwarves near him coughle and stagger, glitterdust blinding them - thought the Hydra just shrugs it off. A faint shimmering of dust reveals a huge presence, as big if not bigger than the Hydra beast before you, some 40 ft away, hidden beneath the murk and mire of the swamp.

MAP

{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_| Q_|R_|S_|T_
1|
2|||||M|J|J|
3||||||J|J|
4|||||||||||D|
5|||||H|H|
6|||D||H|H|||||||||D|
7||||||||||||||||||||D|
8||||||||||F|
9|||||||C|D|||||
10|||||||J|O|O|
11||||||||O|O|
12|
13|||||||||
14|
15|
16|
17|
18|
19|
20|[/table]

key: Colours=you guys, Red O = carriage. H=Hydra thing, M=Mage, D=Dwarf

unre9istered
2010-06-14, 06:56 AM
Jubilus

Jubilus moves up next to Cyrus to protect him while he his held. As he does so he works a spell into his song.

The spell is haste (1 extra attack during a full attack, +1 to attacks saves and AC (dodge bonus) all speeds are +30 to a max of double normal, lasts 8 rounds), thanks to Melodic Casting I don't need to stop singing to cast it.
Jubilus is Large and should take up a 2X2 square on the map. He also has 10' reach and if I remember correctly (can't see my character sheet from work) Combat Reflexes.

Samm
2010-06-15, 02:29 AM
Francis

Francis yells out, "I'll wager the dwarves are the least of our worries!" as he charges the hydra.

Right, I believe that this is going to get slightly complicated...
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
MOAR damage (electricity): [roll2]
If this Hydra is evil, extra damage ensues, either +1 or if it's an outsider: [roll3]

This damage is Magic and Good aligned for the purposes of damage reduction. I also get to ignore 5 points of damage reduction as per the feat Sense Weakness (Dcn).

Now, my AC is 37, due to haste, and Improved Combat Expertise. I'm also using Robilar's Gambit, so the enemies, gain a +4 bonus to attack and damage rolls against me. In return, if they attack me, I gain an AOO against them.

Rothen
2010-06-16, 05:46 AM
Cyrus

[roll0]

Cyrus remains frozen in place. His eyelid twitches a little.

Duskranger
2010-06-16, 02:32 PM
Jericho

Jericho presses the attack trying to hurt the beast further. He will keep low and attack the body of the beast (since that's about all he can reach)

Slam: [roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] sonicdamage
Claw1: [roll3] for [roll4] + [roll5] sonicdamage
Claw2: [roll6] for [roll7] + [roll8] sonicdamage
Claw3: [roll9] for [roll10]+ [roll11] sonicdamage
Claw4: [roll12] for [roll13]+ [roll14] sonicdamage

If one attack hits the beastie gets 2 negative levels and I get again 10 temp hp which replace my non-used 10 hp.

In case of twenties:

Slam: [roll15] for [roll16] + [roll17] sonicdamage
Claw1: [roll18] for [roll19] + [roll20] sonicdamage
Claw2: [roll21] for [roll22] + [roll23] sonicdamage
Claw3: [roll24] for [roll25]+ [roll26] sonicdamage
Claw4: [roll27] for [roll28]+ [roll29] sonicdamage

All damages stated are additional to the one in the original attacks, only the sonic is maybe not added to it.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-17, 02:42 AM
DM

Jubilius

Feel free to tell me where, I'll update the map.

The mage's concentration impaired, Cyrus knows his magic worked to put said mage and 4 dwarves blinded and ineffective. Jubilius' spell comes to effect without trouble, and the Cyrohydra roars in pain as two of Jericho's attacks penetrate it's armour. It staggers slightly, suffering the negative effects of Jericho's dark power - before launching a vicous attack against Francis and Jericho, 6 heads on Francis and 7 on Jericho...

DM Notes: (Okay, read.)

Breath in 2 more rounds.

13 Attacks, all dealing 2d8+9 : -4 on attacks for neg levels. Cold Damage and Pierce Damage. Hydra is on 161-20+26- Whatever damage jericho's done (37+37+9+6+7) 97 hp.
Jericho:
1:[roll0] for [roll1]
2:[roll2] for [roll3]
3:[roll4] for [roll5]
4:[roll6] for [roll7]
5:[roll8] for [roll9]
6:[roll10] for [roll11]
7:[roll12] for [roll13]

Francis
1:[roll14] for [roll15]
2:[roll16] for [roll17]
3:[roll18] for [roll19]
4:[roll20] for [roll21]
5:[roll22] for [roll23]
6:[roll24] for [roll25]

OOC:

Samm, you get up to six AOOs provided you have enough AOO attempts.

Samm
2010-06-17, 04:25 AM
Francis

After taking three devastating attacks to his person he is bloodied. "Uhh.. this is really starting to hurt..." Still determined to best the hydra, he launches 2 counter attacks.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] (if evil, I'm assuming it's an outsider) + [roll3]
Attack: [roll4] Damage: [roll5] + [roll6] (if evil, I'm assuming it's an outsider) + [roll7]

Still bloodied, he challenges himself to defeat this monster. He wants to make sure he's not outdone by this monster...

Fighting Challenge: +3 to my attacks, damage, and will saves. I've also got 15 temporary hp. This lasts for 11 rounds - my Test of Mettle will last for 10 more rounds.

He decides to give it all, to make it pay for the damage it's done to him and the damage it's done to his Jericho.

Full Attack:
Attack:[roll8] Damage:[roll9]+ [roll10] (if evil, I'm assuming it's an outsider) + [roll11]
Attack:[roll12] Damage:[roll13]+ [roll14] (if evil, I'm assuming it's an outsider) + [roll15]
Attack:[roll16] Damage:[roll17]+ [roll18] (if evil, I'm assuming it's an outsider) + [roll19]
Attack:[roll20] Damage:[roll21]+ [roll22] (if evil, I'm assuming it's an outsider) + [roll23]

Okay, thanks to combat expertise, my AC is no 44. I'm still using Robilar's gambit though.

Duskranger
2010-06-17, 05:19 AM
Jericho

After evading all of the heads Jericho smiles.

"Allow me to show you how it should be done mister Many-head."

After those words he again tries to hit the beast.

Slam1: [roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2]
Claw1: [roll3] for [roll4] and [roll5]
Claw2: [roll6] for [roll7] and [roll8]
Claw3: [roll9] for [roll10] and [roll11]
Claw4: [roll12] for [roll13] and [roll14]

If any hits the critter wil get another 2 negative levels and my 10 temp HP will again be refreshed.

In case of 20's:

Slam1: [roll15] for [roll16] and [roll17]
Claw1: [roll18] for [roll19] and [roll20]
Claw2: [roll21] for [roll22] and [roll23]
Claw3: [roll24] for [roll25] and [roll26]
Claw4: [roll27] for [roll28] and [roll29]

Same routine as normal. Still don't know if the sonic damage should be added in the total? Anyway the damage as stated here is additonal to the damage in the original attack.

Rothen
2010-06-17, 06:14 AM
Cyrus

[roll0]

Cyrus has obviously long made his will save, but he just wants to let the others do the dirty work.

unre9istered
2010-06-17, 06:58 AM
Jubilus

With a regretful look at his paralyzed companion Jubilus runs around the hydra to hit the spellslinger.

OOC:With 70' movement I should be able to avoid AoOs.
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]
In case of Crit threat: [roll3], [roll4]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-17, 07:19 PM
DM

The blinded dwarves seem to recover, and the unblinded dwarves make their move. 2 of them move up and raise their halberds against Cyrus and The other moves to attack Jericho's carriage. The others seem to be reluctant to engage, the mage falls back and starts casting a spell. The Hydra, roaring in pain, heals up several vital attacks, only to be smashed down and hacked to pieces as Jericho and Francis carve it to pieces. 13 heads writhe around in it's death throes, and a smash and a splash announce the presence of another great beast, this one appearing some 30ft away from Jericho and Francis.

Jubilius' attack hits home, easily wounding the blinded mage...

DM Notes:

Jubilius, you get an AOO. (Spellcaster)

Attack on Jubilius: Large Halberd:
[roll0] for a nice [roll1] + 1 Point of Con Damage (Wounding).

Attack on Carriage:
[roll2] for [roll3]

Will get a map up next. Where are you guys?

unre9istered
2010-06-17, 09:28 PM
Jubilus

Jubilus swings at the mage when he begins to cast.

OOC:Attack: [roll0] (probably a good thing he's flat footed due to blindness.)
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]
In case of crit threat:
Attack: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Duskranger
2010-06-18, 01:43 AM
Jericho

"No you don't" Jericho says while charging the one that is going towards his carriage.

5 attacks it is :smallbiggrin:
Slam1: [roll0]+2 for [roll1] and [roll2]sonic
Claw1: [roll3]+2 for [roll4] and [roll5]sonic
Claw2: [roll6]+2 for [roll7] and [roll8]sonic
Claw3: [roll9]+2 for [roll10] and [roll11]sonic
Claw4: [roll12]+2 for [roll13] and [roll14]sonic
If any hit 2 negativelevels. My weapons count by the way all as magic. Forgot the charging and therefore the +2.

Rothen
2010-06-18, 05:57 AM
Cyrus

[roll0]

Samm
2010-06-18, 07:47 AM
Francis

"Another? This just doesn't make sense... Is that mage summoning them? Anyway, c'mon lads we can destroy this foul beast!"

Francis charges the remaning Hydra judging it to be the greatest threat.

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] + 1

Oh dear. I didn't seperate the sonic and electric damage. The extra d6 is for my shocking weapon enhancement. I suppose we can assume that's the extra d6 got average. Or should I roll again?

I love having an AC of 44, on a charge, while using Robilar's Gambit. If it doesn't attack, me I get to attack it!

Wait. I've miscalculated something, can you take 5 off my attack roll?

Cadian 9th
2010-06-18, 07:17 PM
DM

The Dwarf attacking Jericho's carriage draws back for another strike, only to see a blur of motion as Jericho pounces, ripping through his magical plate armour as if it where paper. The Dwarf slumps to the ground, arm and head missing.

Francis makes for the War Hydra's partner, smashing it with his halberd and causing a sonic boom to cripple the thing. The War Hydra roars in pain, then draws back to attack the wounded celestial. Jubilius cuts into the mage, causing him to lose his spell he was casting, then crippling him. Even as the Mage stumbles blindly from the attack, outlined in glittering lights, Jubilius draws back for another blow...

OOC

Unre9istered, you still get a normal turn. Samm, penalty noted.

MAP

{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|P_| Q_|R_|S_|T_
1|
2|||||M|||
3||||||||
4|||||||||||D|
5|||||H|H|
6|||D||H|H|||||||||D|
7||||||||||||||||||||D|
8||||||||||F|
9|||||||C|D|||||
10|||||||J|O|O|
11||||||||O|O|J|J|
12||||||||||J|J|
13|||||||||
14|
15|
16|
17|
18|
19|
20|[/table]

unre9istered
2010-06-19, 12:09 AM
Jubilus

Jubilus steps up between the mage and the hydra and unleashes a flurry of blows between them, first at the mage, then at the hydra.

OOC:Assuming the map is from post 54 is being kept up to date, Jubilus is now occupying F2,F3,G2, and G3. Attacks will go at the mage until he falls, the remainder will go at the hydra, at the body if possible.
1st Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]
Haste Attack: [roll3] Damage: [roll4]+[roll5]
2nd Attack: [roll6] Damage: [roll7]+[roll8]
3rd Attack: [roll9] Damage: [roll10]+[roll11]
If I hit the Hydra, my attacks are Lawful and Good due to my race.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-19, 02:52 AM
DM

After destroying the mage, Jubilius' attacks fall on the War Hydra, causing additional wounds to the mighty creature. You see it quickly heal up some wounds, though the damage is still enough to slow it down. The Ramadeen's nature of it's attacks penetrate the Fiendish creature's protective resilience with ease.

However, the time for defence has come, as the Hydra and the Dwarves make a push. Two of the dwarves, hearing the dying cries of the mage, stand stock still, just defending themselves, where as the other dwarves advance unsteadily. They seem to be sensing Jubilius and Cyrus in particular, Francis, partially airbourne, is seemingly ignored and Jericho, who had moved quickly, barely touching the earth is also ignored. The Hydra, after moving to the side in a ponderous charge, launches a vicious attack against Jubilius, and also attacks Francis...

10ft movement, Now in reach of Francis and Jubilius, charge bonus.
Vs Jubilius:
[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7]
[roll8] for [roll9]
[roll10] for [roll11]

Vs Francis
[roll12] for [roll13]
[roll14] for [roll15]
[roll16] for [roll17]
[roll18] for [roll19]
[roll20] for [roll21]
[roll22] for [roll23]
[roll24] for [roll25]

And, Cyrus (Rothen) you are now free of Hold Monster.

Duskranger
2010-06-19, 02:59 AM
Jericho

Seeing that his teammates are in dire need Jericho charges the beast that attacked them with a charge and a barrage furious claws slashing him in his meaty flesh.

Slam: for [roll1] and [roll2]
Claw1:[roll3] for [roll4] and [roll5]
Claw2:[roll6] for [roll7] and [roll8]
Claw3:roll]1d20+17 for and [roll10]
CLaw4:roll]1d20+17 for [roll11] and [roll12]

Same routine as always, hit means 2 negative levels.

Rothen
2010-06-19, 06:19 AM
Cyrus

Ugh...That's the last time I'll be surprised by one of those bearded little fools. Cyrus mutters as he gets up. He quickly assesses the situation and fires a ray of blue magic at the creature.

Stand up as a move action.
Ray of Enfeeblement at the hydra, since most of my teammates cleaned up the mess already.

[roll0] - Pretty sure that hits, that thing probably has a negative touch AC. (Edit: Forgot to subtract 4 because he's in melee with teammates)
[roll1]

Samm
2010-06-19, 07:12 AM
Francis

As the Hydra attacks Francis, he deflects most of the blows. A few make it through his plate armour, and cause him a little a pain. However, Francis doesn't give up, a little pain isn't going to stop him besting this horrid beast. He counters twice, to hit back at the Hydra.

Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] (sonic) + [roll3] (electricity) + [roll4] (if the Hydra is an evil outsider, if it's just evil, leave it as +1)
Attack: [roll5] Damage: [roll6] + [roll7] (sonic) + [roll8] (electricity) + [roll9] (if the Hydra is an evil outsider, if it's just evil, leave it as +1)

Francis then launches an offensive of his own, and decides to fight much more offensively, risking more.

Attack: [roll10] Damage: [roll11] + [roll12] (sonic) + [roll13] (electricity) + [roll14] (if the Hydra is an evil outsider, if it's just evil, leave it as +1)
Attack: [roll15] Damage: [roll16] + [roll17] (sonic) + [roll18] (electricity) + [roll19] (if the Hydra is an evil outsider, if it's just evil, leave it as +1)
Attack: [roll20] Damage: [roll21] + [roll22] (sonic) + [roll23] (electricity) + [roll24] (if the Hydra is an evil outsider, if it's just evil, leave it as +1)
Attack: [roll25] Damage: [roll26] + [roll27] (sonic) + [roll28] (electricity) + [roll29] (if the Hydra is an evil outsider, if it's just evil, leave it as +1)

This takes my AC to 39, I'm still using Robilar's Gambit though, so enemies gain a +4 to attack and damage against me.

unre9istered
2010-06-19, 08:26 AM
Jubilus

Seriously wounded by the hydras attacks, Jubilus beat a hasty, rolling, retreat. Pulling out a wand as he does so.

Tumble: [roll0]
Moving to J11,J12,K11, and K12.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-20, 02:43 AM
DM

Jubilius easily tumbles past the snapping hydra, dodging several writhing deadly heads with uncanny skill. Shortly after, Francis smashes his halberd into the beast, mostly dealing ineffective blows, but scoring a deep wound - Just as Jericho rips his claws into one of it's many necks. Roaring with pain, the War Hydra tetters off balance, still alive, only to have a drained looking ray slow it down...

OOC

Rothen you need to roll to overcome SR.

And Dusk, your wolves are coming up, or would you like to spare the ability use for later? Choose wisely, as there is no day and night therefore you'll only get to do it once per lifetime.
Okay, jokes. Rothen, you still need to overcome SR.

The other Dwarves seem to have had enough - blinded and without a mage to support them, they simply stop where they are, rooted to the spot. The remaining Unblinded Dwarf Warrior smashes his halberd against Cyrus, on his way to Francis...

Seemingly on it's last legs, the War Hydra performs a devastating attack: It unleashes 13 jets of cold at the party, 4 on Jericho, 4 on Francis, 3 on Jubilius, forcing them to dodge or suffer a chilling fate.

DM notes.

Attack:
[roll0] for [roll1]

Hydra is not dead.
Jets:
Jericho
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Francis
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Jubilius
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Reflex Half.

Duskranger
2010-06-20, 02:52 AM
Jericho

Jericho tries to jump away from the jets of cold flying his way.

reflexsave1: [roll0] (since dodging means reflex most of the time)

After that he shakes his head and says: "You shouldn't have done that, people tend to get angry about stuff like that."

And Jericho pushes on with another attackarray.

Slam:[roll1] for [roll2] and [roll3] sonic
Claw1:[roll4] for [roll5] and [roll6] sonic
Claw2:[roll7] for [roll8] and [roll9] sonic
Claw3:[roll10] for [roll11] and [roll12] sonic
Claw4:[roll13] for [roll14] and [roll15] sonic
On hit means again 2 negative levels and 10 temp hitpoints

Rothen
2010-06-20, 05:28 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus sees Jubilus retreating and the dwarves cowering, and decides to take action. First he waves his hand and summons a set of immense wings of force that beat the dwarves and the monster.
Then he speaks.

Dwarven
"I'll give you prey 5 seconds to drop your weapons and call of the beast, and we might consider not draining every last bit of life out of you once we're done with it."

OOC

Wings of Flurry, cast defensively (auto-success on the Concentration check, if I'm correct).
Centered on I6, which should catch every enemy except for the lone dwarf in T7.
All enemies in AoE take [roll0] damage, Reflex (DC26) halves. Creatures that fail their save are also dazed for one round.

Then Cyrus tries to intimidate the Dwarves:
[roll1]

unre9istered
2010-06-20, 09:39 AM
Jubilus

Jubilius tries to duck further behind the cart to avoid the cold blasts.

OOC:Reflex saves: [roll0],[roll1],[roll2]

Samm
2010-06-21, 02:16 AM
Francis

Francis tries to dodge the jets, he tries to duck and weave his way around them, without getting hurt.

Reflex: [roll0]

Why are all my saving throws terrible?

unre9istered
2010-06-21, 07:41 AM
Jubilus

Jubilus retreats further behind the cart, putting it directly between him and the hydra. He then activates the wand in his left hand.

OOC:Wand of Vigor
UMD:[roll0] (only fail on a 1)
Gain fast healing 1 for 11 rounds if successful.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-23, 02:08 AM
DM

Francis is hit by a single jet of cold, though his resilience allows him to ignore it. The hydra gives a last roar and slumps, dead.

The dwarves simply hold firm against the wave of force unleashed by Cyrus, taking it like true dwarves. Jubilius starts to heal...

The Remaining dwarves, upon seeing the death of their leader and their war-beasts, stop and lower their halberd, seemingly bowing. There's not much difference from them standing up, though they are bowing.

" Hail. We submit to ye mighty cadre. " One says, head bowed. " Spare us and Allow us to fight in your name. "

Okay, effects acknowledged. Encounter is over, unless you guys decide to attack the dwarves in more than one round.

Lore Update:
You all recall that mortals in the world all must follow a powerful entity. Wether this be a powerful mortal or supernatural, this is vital to survive.

These dwarves probably followed the mage for protection.

Stats:
Dwarves are 8th level fighters with +1 full plate, +1 keen large halberds, with decent feats (I think, at least) that can do a decent ammount of damage. They also have tremmorsense. 100 hp.

Duskranger
2010-06-23, 02:15 AM
Jericho

"I will let you live. If you come with us or not, that's an entirely different question though. I do not like to kill persons that have called on the rules of defeat. Nor will I attack you unless provoked. I will hear what the rest have to say about this. But know that where we go it could be very dangerous." Jericho says while moving towards the shadow of his carriage.

Samm
2010-06-23, 02:41 AM
Francis

Francis still hovering says, "I like of myself as a noble person, good of heart. I will let you live now that you have surrendered, but I'd like to ask why you attacked us in the first place?"

unre9istered
2010-06-23, 09:13 AM
Jubilus

"I'm not opposed to increasing our numbers, if nothing else it would make attacks like this less likely. But in addition to Francis's question I have to wonder, why should we trust you? And how would you keep up with us? Jubilus says.

Duskranger
2010-06-24, 03:28 AM
Jericho

"They followed the commands of the strongest. Just like you are following the orders of you know who. Besides, maybe if we find more of them, we can let them create a distraction in the city. If they have created a distraction maybe Cyrus can sneak in, I mean he can transform himself into a bat you know. Or if really necessary I will cooperate this time and go with him. Not because I want, because I would rather kill him than cooperate. But because infiltrating a city is not always what mages do best. But you dwarves, were are you from and why can't you go back to there?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-24, 04:10 AM
Dwarf

" This world is a harsh place, and mortals like us, even skilled as we are, must survive. We followed Grayweaver, the Mage. He was sent out by King Tyrebain to inspect a supernatural movement. " The dwarf pauses.

" There was a great solar angel who chanced over this area. It will surely attract the presence of the Legion. Without Grayweaver, we are bereft o' a patron, and so we pledge our loyalty to you in return for your custodianship. We can serve you in any way. " He says.

" I am Betrem. That is Orient, and that is Redmane. Grimra stands there, yet Horace lies dead, slain by ye mighty vices, as does Lori. "

Rothen
2010-06-24, 04:20 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus brushes off his clothes as he speaks. "Personally, I try to avoid mortal servants. Usually, all they do is hold you up."
"But I suppose if you three want to keep them around, they're not my responsability."
The vampire walks over to the corpse of the mage and picks him up.
"This won't take long." he tells the others as he walks toward the bushes.

Yummie, arcane dwarf.

Duskranger
2010-06-24, 04:21 AM
Jericho

And I grieve for the fact that I needed to kill him, but if I would've left him alone he would have destroyed what's mine. He was a good opponent. I prefer not to kill anyone. But I won't allow anyone to destroy or hurt what's mine. Still I prefer if you would go back to your king and warn him about the dangers here. Find another person that can and will lead you since I do not think that we are the right persons for that. As far as you can call me a person. Jericho says towards the dwarf with a bitter note in the last sentence.

Samm
2010-06-24, 05:21 AM
Francis

"I don't believe we need your help. We were given a certain quest that was chosen for us", gesturing to himself, "You mortals should not get caught up in this matter, it may be more than you can handle.

unre9istered
2010-06-24, 06:39 AM
Jubilus

"As much as I would appreciate allies, Jericho and Francis are correct; what we've been sent to do is likely to draw more than you worthies can survive," Jubilus says regretfully.

Duskranger
2010-06-24, 06:43 AM
Jericho

Jericho looks up, sniffs and than shakes his head and says "Besides I can't protect you from the bloodsucker there. and I would really hate for you to become chow.

Jericho than looks at Francis and Jubilus. "On the other hand, could we bring them back to their city as a favor since we have killed their protector. As soon as they are there we can leave. I would feel bad to leave them here in the wild regions. Maybe we can get more information there. Or some supplies. They are dwarves and thus most of the time very capable ironsmiths and merchants."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-24, 05:45 PM
Betrem

The Dwarf, unseeing, bows his head. " You won't be able to approach our city, mighty beings. " he says. He hoists his halberd upwards. " As for your question as to wether we can keep up, We dwarves are tough and can endure the long march. Some enchanting and we can easily keep up, and provide you with the ablative combatants you need... Though we can carry one another so you will not need to worry of our rest."

Rothen
You find a +4 ring of protection, a pearl of power (4th) and a +4 cloak of resistance, 3 scrolls of SM VII, 2 scrolls of haste, a wand of fireball (CL 10th) and a Ioun stone (orange)

Duskranger
2010-06-25, 04:01 AM
Jericho

Jericho looks at the dwarves and than to his teammates.
"Well dwarves, the four of us will take a vote. Cyrus allready voted against you, so now it's our turn. And I am sorry but I will vote against it. What we will do is quite difficult and I would hate to see you getting killed because of us. Still I do vote for escorting you as far towards your city as possible." he says while looking again towards everyone.

Samm
2010-06-25, 04:45 AM
Francis

"Honestly, don't get caught up in our affairs, they are of great significance indeed, and I'm sure there will great resistance. I do not wish to see you get yourselves killed, by taking on more than you are able. As this is the case, I vote no."

Rothen
2010-06-25, 05:44 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus comes back out of the bushes. He ignores the dwarves and walks right past them.
"Have you decided yet? Either way, the wizard carried some trinkets with him." he says, and shows the items in his hand.

We have
- A +4 ring of protection
- A +4 Cloak of resistance
- A 4th level pearl of power (if only we had a prepared caster...)
- 3 scrolls of SMVII (Now we know where the hydra came from?)
- 2 scrolls of Haste
- A CL10 wand of Fireball
- An orange Ioun Stone (It's the +1CL variety)

So yeah. Lots of fun loot. Ideas on splitting?

Samm
2010-06-25, 07:37 PM
Francis

Francis inspects the trinkets. "Well, those are some interesting trinkets. I have no need for the Ioun Stone, nor the scrolls. That ring might become useful though."

I'd love the ring of protection. It'd jack up my base AC to 33, making Improved Combat Expertise that much more effective.

unre9istered
2010-06-25, 08:41 PM
Jubilus

"I could use any of that except the pearl I believe, Jubilus says, "But most of it would be put to better use by someone else. I believe none of you has a use for the Ioun Stone though. If Cyrus doesn't think he'd use any of the scrolls or the wand, then I'm sure I'll find a use for it eventually."

If nothing else, the scrolls save one of us a spell slot. Not like we'll usually need more than a few rounds of haste anyway. Even this fight only lasted 5 by my count, and it would have been shorter if Cyrus hadn't been paralyzed.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-26, 01:36 AM
Betrem

The dwarf bows his head. " You can't escort us back to the city. They'll annhiliate you... Lords. " He says. " You, sir Vampire, Your kindness is appreciated. You seem to be at lost with your nature, great warrior of the night. "

Btw, guys, I didn't pick out the spell caster's items for the party, just picked it for him. If its any consolation, the Dwarves all have periapts of vitality +4, +1 Full Plate armour and a +1 Keen Halberd.

Duskranger
2010-06-26, 03:37 AM
Jericho

Jericho faces the others. "The ring is something I could also use. The cloak has some uses but I am afraid it will be interfering with my nature to charge and slash the opponent." Than he turns towards the dwarfs.

"But if they attack us, you would be safe now won't you be? So could you get there from here out and be safe and living.

Samm
2010-06-26, 07:55 AM
Francis

Looking to the dwarves he says, "You lads, would you be able to make it back unharmed to you King? Or would that be too much for you? We can take you partway, probably, but if it is possible, we would rather not."

Cadian 9th
2010-06-26, 07:19 PM
Betrem

" I see our fate now. That would be better than the alternative... I dread our status once we return... "

Duskranger
2010-06-27, 08:01 AM
Jericho

Jericho looks at the others and starts to walk towards his carriage.

"I am sorry, but the majority has spoken. We deem it too dangerous to let you come with us. I hope you will fare well even without our protection. And I do hope that your ruler will look kindly upon you.

Rothen
2010-06-27, 09:29 AM
Cyrus

"The scrolls could be of use to me, some of them describe some powerful spells." Cyrus tells Jubilus. "I have no use for the wand though." And after that, he stuffs the scrolls in his robes.

As Jericho speaks the verdict, Cyrus chuckles. "Yet somehow, he thinks I'm a monster." he whispers, amused. He didn't give a copper piece for the dwarves' lives out there.

unre9istered
2010-06-27, 04:13 PM
Jubilus

Jubilus releases the ioun stone to orbit around him, and takes the wand.
"He's right though. Given our task they are probably safer on their own than with us," Jubilus says.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-27, 09:50 PM
DM

The dwarves seem steady, and you all find a moment to reflect on the events of this day. You all realize that the mildly aligned chaotic area to the south of your original meeting place has dissapeared. The elemental storm is the most likely explanation...

You also sense the incoming presence of Neutral. No flavour. The area is coming foward and is about a few hours away.

Should you return the dwarves to a good distance within the city zone, you'll receive 3000xp. The city is about 6 hours to the north, including the dwarven movement. Your destination is (a recap) west, past an elven flavoured weak lawful good area. The Neutral is coming from te North west.

Duskranger
2010-06-28, 02:29 AM
Jericho

"Still I think we must deliver them towards the dwarven city. Not close enough to be attacked ourselves, but at least close enough for them to be safe enough. Since we killed their protector I feel it's the only thing we can do. For I Cyrus am no monster. By the way I would give the ring to Francis since he has a tough enough time staying alive, I have my own means and came out of the battle virtually unscathed. The cloak is something I could use though, but if there are others who have more use for it I won't complain.

Samm
2010-06-28, 02:30 AM
Francis

Francis takes the ring and puts it on his finger. "Thank-you very much Cyrus. I am in need of a little rest though. My wounds, though they close easily, are weighing me down."

Francis needs healz.

unre9istered
2010-06-28, 10:13 AM
Jubilus

"I agree with Jericho, helping these dwarves is the right thing to do. Mortals have a hard enough time as it is, Jubilus says. "Take the cloak, I could use it but I think I should just stand back and let you guys do the close in work from now on. You seem a bit more able to take a hit than myself." Jubilus activates his wand again.

Activating the wand of lesser vigor again (assuming it's been about a minute since the first charge). Jubilus will continue to use it until he's used 7 total charges and his hp are as stated on his sheet.

Rothen
2010-06-29, 05:04 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus gets back in the saddle again. He's getting nervous about the nearing Neutral flavour, although his voice doesn't reflect that.
"Let's go, we've wasted enough time already." he says, and urges his mount to take a few steps forward.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-29, 04:40 PM
DM

The Time changes to Noon, this point at which the vampires would feel weakest, yet, thanks to the Blood Raven, they do not. The blood stained dwarves gather up their fallen, leaving the mage to lie, and move to take their weapons and armour, as well as several wondrous items before blessing the body and whisperiing a word of terran. The dwarven fallen dissolve into the earth.

Which way would you guys like to go?

Duskranger
2010-06-30, 03:58 AM
Jericho

"I do not care what the others will say about this" Jericho says while looking at the dwarves and negating everyone else. Get on the carriage I will try to get you as close to home as possible. I want to get out of here before the things coming towards us are here. Jericho says while holding the door of his carriage open.

"The invitation to join me on or in the carriage is also for you both, Jubilus and Francis, if you want that is. Let's get moving."

unre9istered
2010-06-30, 08:11 AM
Jubilus

"I appreciate the invitation, though I don't think I'd fit. I'll run alongside, Jubilus says.

Samm
2010-07-01, 01:00 AM
Francis

"That's perfectly fine with me. I will accompany you as far as I can."

Francis, being only slightly larger than the average human climbs into the carriage and sits down to have a little breather.

Duskranger
2010-07-01, 01:31 AM
Jericho

"Two or three of you can sit in front of the carriage, there is room for one inside and the last part of you will need to sit on top of it, or on the horses that aren't reined in on the carriage." Jericho says while nodding to Francis when he enters.

Rothen
2010-07-01, 04:39 AM
Cyryus

The vampire seems amused by Jericho's sudden turnabout.
"Good thinking, it could be a while before we get there and we might get thirsty. he says mockingly.
Then he turns his mount.
"So which way is it going to be? Crazy dwarf town, or our actual destination?"

Duskranger
2010-07-01, 04:46 AM
Jericho

"Since what's coming towards us is maybe evadable with going towards the like you call it crazy Dwarf town, we go there. And feed on one dwarf and I will rip your cold bloodless heart out of you ribcage. These dwarfs are under my protection and you will leave them alone. Whether you like it or not. Go learn to drink carrotjuice or something like that. But stay away from these Dwarfs, or you will wish the sun had ended your life." Jericho hissed towards Cyrus looking at him with a deep-seeted rage in his eyes.

"I tolerate your company because killing you outright is not allowed by them. But as soon as this quest is over you and I will fight to the death and you better hope you get a quick death, for I will not lose that battle."

OOC:

Rother sorry, but I guessed I should now give this reaction since Jericho really hates Cyrus and what he stands for. That you all must cooperate is for him more loss of his honor than anyone would know. The gods were cruel putting him together with Cyrus (yes I am talking to you Cadian :smallbiggrin:)

Cadian 9th
2010-07-01, 04:56 AM
DM

The Neutral is still incoming, but it seems to have stopped. It dissapears as you talk,,, The Dwarves look around nervously. " Thank-you. " Betrem says, on behalf of his allies.

God? I'm no God, I'm just his chief advisor. When he grows up, he'll take over a bit more than management of the dog. I'll miss my little adventurers. *wipes tear from eye*.

Though Rothen if it gets too much, and you too Dusk, tell the blood raven about it. He's not busy or anything, and I can always manage this for him. :smallwink:

Samm
2010-07-01, 05:34 AM
Francis

Jericho, I believe you are being a little harsh there. You haven't been with him for long, he may be reasonable like us...

Duskranger
2010-07-01, 05:55 AM
Jericho

"Or he is a bloodsucking, people-killing vampiric beast that wants to do nothng but sucking everybody dry. Want to find out what he is. I have no blood to suck, so I would not be on the menu. You on the other hand."

OOC:

Neh, Blood Raven is not necessary. Jericho hates vampires that's all. He must learn to cope with Cyrus and his joking. He takes it a little too serious. Maybe because one of them ripped his eye out, he can't see everything clear like he used to:smallbiggrin:

unre9istered
2010-07-01, 10:48 AM
Jubilus

"Enough posturing, if you two aren't going to kill each other lets get moving, before something else shows up," Jubilus says, only half serious.

Rothen
2010-07-02, 07:37 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus shrugs. "If he wants to act dramatic and be a hypocrite, then that's his decision. He's tiresome when he keeps rambling, though." he responds.
"Alright then, let's go drop off our newfound friends. Be sure to hold their hand until we've reached our destination. They die rather quickly."
He follows the carriage, right behind the others.

North it is.

Duskranger
2010-07-02, 07:43 AM
Jericho

Negating the comment from Cyrus he waits until the dwars are on/in the carriage and than takes the reigns. Come on horses, let's go.

unre9istered
2010-07-02, 04:40 PM
Jubilus

Jubilus runs along, stopping occasionally to use his wand again. When he is nearly fully healed he calls Francis over to apply the healing spell to him as well.

OOC:How many hitpoints does Francis need? The wand heals 11 per charger over a minute or so.

Samm
2010-07-02, 05:40 PM
Francis

Francis climbs out of the carriage and starts to hover at much the speed. He moves over to Jubilus. "Thank you for offering your healing to me, it is greatly appreciated."

I need 85 hitpoints, Francis got pretty badly mauled. Also, I'm wondering if I can cast my Half-Celestial spell like abilities without an arcane spell failure chance.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-02, 07:51 PM
DM

You all travel north. The area changes from swamp to plain to hills. Standing stones stand around like standing stones, runes from the fall glowing in defiance of time. Every few paces there are mauled corpses that look like they've been torn apart by animals and then, to you curious inspection, look as though they've been drained of blood by vampires. Another neutral aura is approaching to your west - though you can' sense anything around this area.

The Dwarves have been keeping up easily. They're tough and used to long journeys.

Well, if Jericho really needs to vent his hatred, nows a pretty good time.

SLA I don't think require ASF: Cure is specifically a divine spell, so I don't think it matters. Furthermore, cure spells don't have somatic components, do they? They do. But OOCombat I think its fine.

Duskranger
2010-07-04, 04:42 AM
Jericho

"Let's move on, there's nothing we can do about this. The faster we deliver the dwarves to their place the sooner we can go on."

Samm
2010-07-04, 04:55 AM
Francis

Francis takes a quick inspection of the corpses. In disgust and sadness he says, "What a horrible waste of life... All those poor souls, sucked out of their bodies... It must have been so painful..."

A tear enters his eye, it rolls down his cheek and falls onto the ground. Francis hovers above the corpses in grief. When he realises that the company have moved on, he flies over to catch up.

Rothen
2010-07-04, 06:45 AM
Cyrus

Cyrus looks at the bodies, shrugs, and continues, not moved one bit by the sad sight.
We do not take responsibility for others... he thinks. Too bad for them.

unre9istered
2010-07-04, 10:11 AM
Jubilus

Seeing the bodies reminds Jubilus of his past failures. He feels that the bodies are his fault though he knows that they are not. He stoically moves past the bodies hoping for better in the future.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-07, 08:03 PM
DM

Stupid Sub system, showed no new posts. >.< I shoulda been dropped :smallbiggrin:

Travelling past the corpses is uneventful, though you chance upon the oddest sight, amidst the scenes of death. A pair of vampires walk straight out into the open, both unarmed and unarmoured, yet shimmering wth energy. You also spot blood of the oddest colour splattered on the parched earth, silvery angelic blood. That of a solar. But what could hurt a solar?

" Well met, travellers. " Says one Vampire. They make no move to attack. " My name is Lysander. This is Erithas. "

Their alignment is neutral good.

Duskranger
2010-07-08, 01:52 AM
Jericho

"I don't know about well met. But I do know we need to make haste. Excuse us, but we need to be gone from here. We have some things to do." Jericho says while looking suspiciously towards the newcomers. He readies himself to attack if one hostile move is made. The door of his carriage is open.

unre9istered
2010-07-08, 06:52 AM
Jubilus

"You'll have to forgive my companion, he has had reason to mistrust your kind in the past. I am Jubilus. Do you know what happened here?" Jubilus says gesturing at the solar blood.

Samm
2010-07-08, 06:53 PM
Francis

Francis hovers over to the vampires about 30ft, he inspects the silvery blood on the ground.

"Solar Blood? What has happened here?" Francis' tone changes, he firmly says, "I demand an explanation"

Cadian 9th
2010-07-09, 04:54 AM
Lysander

" Calm yourself, Celestial Knight. We ask the same question, though it is to the east we look. " He says, pointing. Following his hand, you see a Solar angel, fighting valiantly on foot against 4 humanoid plate armoured figures armed with large greatswords. With each blow from the figures greatswords, the Solar grows weaker, having a crippled wing. With a mighty blow the solar cuts into an armoured figure, yet the creature ignores the wound and continues fighting.

You can see 5 of the plate armoured figures. All are armed and armoured exactly the same way.

" The Legion. "

Duskranger
2010-07-09, 05:04 AM
Jericho

Jericho looks at the legion.

"And the pair of you do not help him. Why are you still standing here, instead of attacking them and giving the solar a chance to carry on, even to get there. Francis can you contact Blood Raven I think we need help. The legion is a scourge for the complete earth. Cyrus can you get their attention. Jubilus can you give the solar some healing. He seems to be terribly in need of it. Dwarves please stay back. I do not want you to be killed by the Legion and you certainly will if even a solar can't find them. Lysander and Erithas what are your fortes."

Jericho says while starting to get in his more animal like behavior. His arms start to resemble the claws of a Girallon and under his normal arms two extra start growing.

"It's our duty to protect those that mean well and to defeat those with only death and destruction in their mind."

Jericho snarls a bit while the transformation is ongoing. He is standing now a bit bended his one good eye filled with a raging desire to tear flesh.

unre9istered
2010-07-09, 06:35 AM
Jubilus

Jubilus draws his bow while heading towards the fight, saying "What healing I can offer isn't much good during a battle. Let us help him end it quickly." With that Jubilus begins to sing.

OOC:Moving to within 30' of the solar if I can so it will benefit from the music, though I'm betting it's further away or we'd have noticed it.
Singing the Dragonfire Inspiration song again.
Subdual damage from Words of Creation: [roll0]

Duskranger
2010-07-09, 06:40 AM
Jericho

If the legion have(or has) not noticed me I charge the one closest to me (if possible).

Samm
2010-07-09, 07:34 PM
Francis

To the two vampires he says,"I apologise for my conduct, it was rash to make such an early judgement."

Francis kneels down and closes his eyes in prayer, "Oh mighty, bold and just Blood Raven, if you can hear me, we may be in dire need of your help. Any form of assistance would be greatly appreciated."

Cadian 9th
2010-07-10, 08:09 PM
Lysander

" We were just summoned to aid our mortals - though it looks like we came too late... We will miss them. The perpetrators lie slain though, by the Legion. " He pauses. Erithas nods to Lysander.

" And our wolves arrive! " Erithas says, pointing to a pack of glowing wolves, of celestial nature. " After this battle we can teach you this power. " He says, before the two of them leap foward with blinding speed to close the gap with the legion.

Map

{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_
1|||||||L|
2|W|||L|
3|W||||S|S|||||W
4|W||||S|S|
5|||L|||L|
6||||E|||L|
7|||||||J|
8|F||||||||||W|
9|
10|W|
11||W||J|J|
12|||||J|J|
13|W|
14|
15|[/table]

W=Wolf
L=Lysander
E=Erithas
S=Solar
L=Legionaire

Place yourselves in the OOC thread!

Samm
2010-07-13, 06:01 AM
Francis

Upon hearing Erithas and Lysander approaching, Francis rises from his prayer. "Assistance has arrived chaps! Onwards, to battle!"

After yelling out a battle cry, he attempts to charge and trip the nearest legion.

I'm using my Fighting Challenge Ability. It gives me a +3 Bonus to Attack, Damage, and Saves against Fear affects. It also, gives me 15 Temporary HP. This ability will last 11 rounds.

Attack: [roll0] vs Touch AC to connect with the Legion. He's using his Halberd.

Opposed Strength Check to trip:[roll1]

Free Attack if successful (they are prone): [roll2]

Damage (Electric, Magical and Good Aligned): [roll3] + [roll4] + [roll5] (If the enemy is an evil outsider or +1 if just evil. If it's not evil, ignore this.)

Also, my AC is now 45. I'm using Robilar's Gambit, so they get +4 to Attacks and Damage, but they provoke AOOs when they attack me.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-18, 03:46 AM
DM

In an instant, Jericho attacks with lightning speed, slashing at a legionaiire with unrelenting fury. His intitial slam fails to penetrate the armour, but all his claws cut through the things armour, leaving slight dents and scratches. The sonic power of Jubilius' Dragonfire inspiration reaps its reward as the construct staggers slightly, regenerating the damage in part - yet the final slashing claw, with a sonic boom, knocks the thing asunder.

Jericho, your attacks deal a grand total of:
Claw 1: 25 damage.
Claw 2: 32 Damage
Claw 3: 29 damage
Claw 4: 34 damage
Total: Enough, but only just. :smallwink:

The Solar takes heart in assistance. " Well met, travellers. You bear the sign of the Blood Raven... " He says, preparing to cast a spell, struggling against his wounds and the debilitating effects of the Legion's attacks... An Arc of Lightning hits a legionaire, then leaps to another, and another, and the other, leaving one untouched as the terrible lightning scorches their armour. With a mighty effort, he also attacks, slashing his greatsword in a massive arc, thanking Jubilius for his powers.

Solar casts Chain Lightning (CL 22): Auto succeed on concentration checks...
1st target: vs SR : [roll0] and [roll1] damage. Legionaire: [roll2] to dodge.
2nd target: vs SR : [roll3] and Half above damage, dodge [roll4].
3rd target: vs SR : [roll5] and haf above damage, dodge [roll6].

Attack, full vs One legionaire.
[roll7] for [roll8]
[roll9] for [roll10]
[roll11] for [roll12]
[roll13] for [roll14]

Legionaire turn up soon. Your turns. I forgot a special neg modifier.

Duskranger
2010-07-18, 05:34 AM
Jericho

Looking at the fact that he destroyed one of the assailants he charges swiftly another one that is not in combat with anyone else and in charge radius. His slam will prepare the opponent so he can tear them apart with his claws (Man I want Rend)

Slam: [roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2]
Claw1:[roll3] for [roll4] + [roll5]
Claw2:[roll6] for [roll7] + [roll8]
Claw3:[roll9] for [roll10] + [roll11]
Claw4:[roll12] for [roll13] + [roll14]

unre9istered
2010-07-18, 07:23 AM
Jubilus

Jubilus moves closer to the fray, making sure his song still affects all of his allies, while entering a martial stance and fires at a legionnaire with his bow.

Moving to H7-I8, activating Leading the Charge and firing at the legionnaire at G1.

Damage: [roll]2d6+6[roll](lawful and good)+[roll1](sonic)

Because of Leading the Charge any of my allies within 60' that Charge do +7 damage.

Samm
2010-07-20, 12:47 AM
Francis

Undeterred by the fact that he failed to trip the Legionnaire, he tries again, twice. "Defeating these Legionnaires are going to require the whole of my being, yet I must prevail..."

1st Attempt to Trip:

Attack: [roll0] vs Touch AC to connect with the Legion. He's using his Halberd.

Opposed Strength Check to trip:[roll1]

Free Attack if successful (they are prone): [roll2]

Damage (Electric, Magical and Good Aligned): [roll3] + [roll4]

2nd Attempt to Trip
Attack: [roll5] vs Touch AC to connect with the Legion. He's using his Halberd.

Opposed Strength Check to trip:[roll6]

Free Attack if successful (they are prone): [roll7]

Damage (Electric, Magical and Good Aligned): [roll8] + [roll9]

2 Normal Attacks

Attack: [roll10]
Damage [roll11]+[roll12]
Attack: [roll13]
Damage [roll14]+[roll15]

Now, my AC is now 43. I'm using Robilar's Gambit, so they get +4 to Attacks and Damage, but they provoke AOOs when they attack me. Furthermore, the Legionnaire I'm threatening treats my threatened squares as difficult terrain.

Also, if the Legionnaire doesn't move he provokes an AOO, and he can't take 5ft steps (difficult terrain).

Note: If I manage trip the Legionnaire on my first attempt, assume my second trip attempt is a normal attack, use the free attack roll and the corresponding damage roll.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 04:46 AM
DM

Okay, Rothen, don't show up, fine by me :smallbiggrin:

Jericho

Your flurry of incredible speed shakes the legionaire with incredible force, yet its armor saves it from all but one hit with a claw attack, dealing 30 damage.

Jubilus
You hit the legionairre with your arrow, penetrating his thick armour, dealing [roll0] +30 damage

Francis

Your halberd connects, hitting and hooking on the things heavy armour.
opposed strength check
[roll1] vs 26
[roll2] vs 25

Samm
2010-07-22, 05:23 AM
Francis

Francis attacks further against the legionnaire, even while the thing is down. He tries his hardest to ensure that solar survives.

Damage (Electric, Magical and Good Aligned Also, Ignore 5 pts of DR): [roll1] + [roll2]
Damage:[roll4] + [roll5]
Attack: [roll6]
Damage[roll7] + [roll8]
Attack: [roll9]
Damage [roll10] + [roll11]

Now, my AC is now 43. I'm using Robilar's Gambit, so they get +4 to Attacks and Damage, but they provoke AOOs when they attack me. Furthermore, the Legionnaire I'm threatening treats my threatened squares as difficult terrain.

Also, if the Legionnaire doesn't move he provokes an AOO, and he can't take 5ft steps (difficult terrain).

Cadian 9th
2010-07-22, 09:18 PM
DM

Francis' follow up attacks cut a deep wound, widens it and destroys the thing. A slight mist appears as a presence leaves the area.

The remanining legionaires heft their greatswords and cut into Francis, and the other charges Jericho, with an awkward course around threatening combatants.

Vs Jericho
[roll0] for [roll1] Dealing a negative level also.

You must pass a DC 26 Fort save or take [roll2] strength damage.
You must also pass a DC 26 will save or take [roll3] damage to Wisodm, Int and Cha. Since you are normally immune to ability drain, you gain a +4 racial bonus on the save.

This is a special ability based on the legion, not a cheat on the Dms part.

Vs Francis

[roll4] for [roll5]
[roll6] for [roll7]

Each hit bestows a negative level and you must pass the saves as detailed as for jericho.

The Wolves of Lysander and Erithas Nip around to stand between the Legion and the Solar, and Erithas charges foward to counter the attack on Jericho! Lysander also moves to aid, yet aiding francis with a few blows with a blur of speed.

His attacks: [roll8] for [roll9] and [roll10] sonic damage.

Lysanders: His attacks: [roll11] for [roll12] and [roll13] sonic damage.

EDIT: The vampires hit and dealt damage. The legionaires healed back a bit but are still fighting.

You guys are up!

unre9istered
2010-07-22, 10:15 PM
Jubilus

Jubilus continues singing and mixes a spell into his song.

OOC:Haste on the 4 of us the 2 vampires and the solar. I'm betting the 6 extra attacks you guys get at your full attack bonus is worth more than the 3 incrementals I'd get if I full attacked.

Can we get an update on the map, I've got a move action left but I'm not sure if there's anywhere useful to move to.

Duskranger
2010-07-23, 02:04 AM
Jericho

Jericho scrapes together his strength of will and body (which is certainly for the body very low I hate you Cadian).

Fortsave: [roll0] with the + 4 bonus both.
Willsave: [roll1] with the +4 bonus both

Darn negative level is not good. that costs me a load of hp and calculation. Will see what I can do.

Samm
2010-07-23, 02:56 AM
Francis

When both of the swipes directed at Francis miss, he attempts to launch counter attacks.

Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5]

Francis realises the other Legionnaires are confronting him, and he launches a deadly assault. "Assistance may be warranted..."

Full Attack:
Attack: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8]
Attack: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] + [roll11]
Attack: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] + [roll14]
Attack: [roll15]
Damage: [roll16] + [roll17]
Attack: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19] + [roll20]

Okay, My AC is now 44. The effects from last turn are still in play.

unre9istered
2010-07-23, 08:59 AM
OOC:You said that the ability damage bypasses the undead immunity, but does the negative level? I'm assuming so, but I just wanted to confirm.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-25, 04:28 AM
OOC:
Yeah, the neg level hits on any target, regardless of Immunities. Its the way the Legion can actually take on Solars and Vampires, if they have numbers. That's why the solar is so weak ATM. -10 strength and 8 neg levels (restored a couple though) tend to ruin anyones day.

Cadian 9th
2010-07-27, 07:29 PM
*Bump*
Samm heavily damaged the legionaire he attacked. It's on 20hp around.

unre9istered
2010-07-27, 09:07 PM
OOC:Is Cyrus still in? If so it's him we're waiting on. If not it's the NPCs' turn.

Duskranger
2010-07-28, 02:26 AM
Jericho

OOC:

Have not done all the calculations but here comes the attack of Jericho with new str+level adjustment)

Jericho starts glowing after the haste was cast on him, Even in his weakened state he releases an array of attacks:

Slam: [roll0] for [roll1] and [roll2] dragonfire
Claw1:[roll3] for [roll4] and [roll5] dragonfire
Claw2:[roll6] for [roll7] and [roll8] dragonfire
Claw3:[roll9] for [roll10] and [roll11] dragonfire
Claw4:[roll12] for [roll13] and [roll14] dragonfire

Cadian 9th
2010-07-28, 02:29 AM
I guesss Rothen is out.

DM

With Jericho's slashing flurry he cuts down the Legion, denting and slicing through plate like a hot knife through butter. With the last adversary dead, the solar is unthreatened, though still weak.

" Thank-you, all of you. " The Solar says, weakly.

10000xp for that encounter. Well done. :smallsmile:

Sorry dusk you have to calculate a character again :smallbiggrin:

Samm
2010-07-28, 03:03 AM
Francis

Upon realising that his opponents were destroyed he thinks to himself, "I have prevailed against adversity, with barely a scratch, I can consider myself a force in this world..." He opens his mouth, "How is everyone?"

unre9istered
2010-07-28, 11:33 AM
Jubilus

"They never hit me," Jubilus says, "I think they mostly hit Jericho and the angel."

Duskranger
2010-07-29, 02:16 AM
Jericho

"I have been hit harder in my life. The fact that they could use negative energy on my being is another thing though. That one hit infused my being with weakness. That's unusual for someone of my heritage. I still feel the draining powers at work, suppressing the force of my muscles. I hope you sir Solar will be okay. And to you two. Thanks for the assistance. It would have been a lot harder without your help." Jericho says while thinking back at the time when all vampires were evil and he was allowed and even encouraged to kill them.

Samm
2010-07-29, 02:54 AM
Francis

"That's good to here. I'm glad we all made it through this thing." He clambers back onto the cart for a brief rest.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-04, 04:53 AM
Rothen... Mate... Come on...

At this point, Rothen's character is " suspended "

DM

The Solar kneels down and rests. Even kneeling, he is Jericho and Francis' hieght. he nods his head in respect.

" I do entreat thee a measure of gratitude; Your assistance was as welcome as the presence of divinity. My power is weakened considerable and I am quite redced in both physical and mental strength. " The solar says. " I am Demetrius..."

Erithas steps foward, holding a hand to a wolf's head.
" The Legion are deadly to all. I have seen a single legionairre slaughter an entire Human Army, I have seen 2 take on a Tarrasque. I have now seen 5 attack a solar and threaten Demetrius here with certain death. "

" The Grey Gods have much to answer for, I think. " Says Erithas.

The Solar, Demetrius, Coughs and glows faintly.

" Do you know how the Legion were born, Night Warriors? and you, Spellweaver of Darkness? " Demetrius Says, to both Lysander and Erithas as well as Cyrus, who is lying prone next to Jericho's Carriage, glowing with darkness. Cyrus does not reply...

See, I do more than combat. XD.

Duskranger
2010-08-04, 05:12 AM
Jericho

"5 of them tried to take down you, but they failed. They did not count on reinforcements from a different kind. I think you do need a rest. Maybe it would be a good thing if we rested as well. The one hit I took took away some of my strength too. I feel I need at least a couple of hours to regain my strength. This time is as good as any. I will take my leave and rest for some time in my carriage." Jericho stands up and walks slightly unstable to his carriage.

Inside of his carriage he took a caraf with a red liquid in it. He unplugged it and took a sip.

"I salute you, my brave horses for giving me this offering of you lifeblood." Jericho whispers softly just before he empties the caraf and gets a slightly more living teint to his posture.

Samm
2010-08-05, 02:22 AM
Francis

Francis climbs out of the carriage to check on the Solar Angel, and on Cyrus. He taps him on the shoulder, "Cyrus, wake up..."

Cadian 9th
2010-08-05, 02:53 AM
DM

Cyrus does not get up. His figure is shimmering with darkness which responds to Francis' touch like Spiders to light. Lysander looks over and stands stock still, shocked.

unre9istered
2010-08-05, 10:37 AM
Jubilus

"What happened to him?" Jubilus asks, "I didn't think the legionnaires ever hit him."

OOC:I never did get an answer as to when we next get a feat/ ability point. I have 4 racial hitdice, 9 class levels, and 3 bonus hitdice. If I recall correctly I don't count the bonus hitdice so I'd get a feat in 2 more levels and an ability point in 3. Am I remembering correctly?

As far as retraining is concerned, given that I can't use it with this build, I'm going to drop Song of the White Raven as well as the Martial Stance and Martial Study I took to get access to it. To replace them I'll take Ironskin Chant, Lingering Song, and Versatile Performer. For Versatile Performer I'll pick Oratory, Dance, and Wind Instruments.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-07, 04:15 AM
Answered OOC.

DM

" I have seen this only once before... " Says Lysander, shocked.

Samm
2010-08-08, 03:23 AM
Francis

Unnerved by Lysander's response, Francis says, "Lysander, What happened? Tell me!"

Duskranger
2010-08-08, 11:28 AM
Jericho

Jericho walks out of the carriage and moves towards Cyrus' body. "I won't miss him, but since he is not dead yet, what should we do with him.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-11, 01:09 AM
Lysander

"It looks as though Cyrus' nature is too strong with the world. He is rejecting his darkness, rather than acknowledging it and using it for good. " he says.

Cyrus is dissapating as you watch. In a burst of light, something arises out of the darkness of Cyrus' body, a pure white spirit. " Solar, Have Mercy upon me. " It says.

Samm
2010-08-11, 05:18 AM
Francis

Noticing all the events that have transpired Francis feels a wave of sorrow wash over him, "He must have been in great pain then... Cyrus, good luck in the afterlife..."

Cadian 9th
2010-08-13, 02:58 AM
DM

The Solar seems to recover energy to rise to his feet. Hefting his massive sword, he strides toward the risen Cyrus, smiling.

" I forgive you, Cyrus, good Soul. Live on in memory, return in time to us when the time is right. " He says.

Cyrus looks crestfallen at Jericho, seeking acceptance and forgiveness. His shining light is pure as the rising sun, though it does little to weaken Jericho. " I never wanted to hurt you... "

Duskranger
2010-08-13, 06:57 AM
Jericho

Jericho looks at the light, a bit touched with the words Cyrus had spoken to him.

"It never was was who you were Cyrus, you never hurted me. It was what you was, what I am, the curse that they cal vampirism. I hate vampires, I even hate myself for what I am. I wish now I knew you better, maybe we could've been friends, forgetting the curse and living until something or someone would've done us away. But for now I will go on with my crusade against those bloodthirsty demons that call themselves vampires. I will not forget you Cyrus. Maybe you are one of those brave souls worth to be saved. That even in death you may triumph."
Jericho moves silently away from the group towards the dwarves that are still waiting a bit away from the battlefield.

"Okay Dwarves how much further you think it is untill we reach your city. We need some time now to rest and to heal the wounds of everyone. If you have time, maybe find some wood and something to eat for yourselves. I hope that is something that is easily done if you stay in a group. Yell if there's trouble."
Jericho moves away from the dwarves and towards the horses after those words. Tenderly he starts to groom the horses thinking about Cyrus and especially his last words towards him.

Samm
2010-08-13, 11:31 PM
Francis

Saddened by all the events that have unfolded, Francis sits down, his head in his hands thinking about Cyrus' fate.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-16, 04:46 AM
Just going to give Unre9istered a Chance to respond now. Should he not, I'll still run it for you two if you like. :smalleek:

Duskranger
2010-08-16, 04:49 AM
Just going to give Unre9istered a Chance to respond now. Should he not, I'll still run it for you two if you like. :smalleek:

I think this game is doomed but it's a lot of fun, so maybe look for replacements. I mean how's the other game going? If there are also some players that have fallen out maybe you can combine those into this one (or this one into that one). So we have 1 complete party insted of two halve parties.

I want to play on (even though I still need to level up my guy, which I will do after I typed a certain PM.)

Duskranger
2010-08-24, 01:37 AM
Jericho

Jericho looks around, he feels touched by something, is it the surroundment of the solar, is it what the vampires do with him. What is this strange sensation he feels. He starts to lose contact with the earth, quickly he steps out of his armor. There is the feeling again. He feels the earth, he is the earth. He hears the squeek of a hurt animal. Swiftly he moves towards there where the scream came from. He finds a eagle, his wing broken. Tenderly Jericho grabs the bird which recoils from him.

Take it easy magnificent bird, I will not hurt you. The opposite I think, I want to make you better. I love animals always did before I became this. He says softly. Than he looks up again, cradles the bird softly in his hands and than moves towards his carriage. He lays the bird on one of the cushions and grabs the wings. His hands start glowing with a blueish warm light. It hurts Jericho's hand, but he does not scream, in fear of scaring the now calmed bird. The pain is excruciate, he sees his hand burning up, he knows he channeled positive energy he only does not know how. When the light dissipates he falls backwards out of the carriage. His hand is completely blackened. When he can feel something again he sees the bird picking at his hand, like it tries to make sure he can use it again. He nods at the bird and it looks at him. The bird looks stronger somehow. Jericho can feel that the bird has become a part of him, no that is not correct, the eagle and he are separate, but they understand each other. He knows that the bird understands his pain and that he is gratefull for what jericho did for him. Jericho also understands that the bird will be from now on his partner, his ally. A close friend.

I thank you who ever you are that sended this magnificent eagle to help me, and I thank you for you have showed me that not all nature is afraid for me, not everyone is like you, but at least I know now that nature has not rejected me for not being natural. And about your wing I hope you can fly again my friend. You deserve to be free, even if you ally yourself with me. Know I will try to take care off you and I hope you will have a good life with me. I will call you Tsheer, after the sound you make, hope you like the name Tsheer. The bird looks at him with wise eyes, and it looks like he nods at that name. Jericho smiles while he stands up. The eagle takes up a place on it's shoulders.

Cadian 9th
2010-08-27, 02:57 AM
DM

Lysander, Erithas and the Solar all pause to look upon Jericho as he commits this Exalted Act. As Jericho Emerges, Each bows - respecting of Jericho's strength and soul.

In turn, the Solar strides towards Francis, stopping an arms length away from his fellow celestial. " Son of Hierenous, I see you for who you are. Take my blessing and go, fighting on for the forces of good in his name. For when he returns, and I know he shall, you will be remembered for the end of time and the next. " He says.

Taking his massive sword, he knights Francis, causing a divine burst of power to infuse the celestial.

" Our gift to you so that you can do what you must. "

Samm, you get to level thematically. You just got the experiences of every knight of hierenous. Win. :smallbiggrin:

Samm
2010-08-27, 04:59 AM
Francis

Francis gulps, he rises and says proudly, with a tears in his eyes, "Thank-you dearly, good Solar, may you recover from your wounds. I plan to use this power well - redeem this harsh world if I can and deliver it from evil. It's a mammoth task and I need to be a strong as I can to prevail. But you, you sir, have helped me along in this journey, it may not be everything I ever asked for, but what you've done will not be forgotten."

He wipes the tears from his eyes and extends his hand out to the Solar. "Thank you."

Jack_Simth
2010-08-29, 03:11 PM
Joe

As the post-battle cleanup progresses, a figure suddenly appears in the midst of the group, with nothing but a trumpet in hand. The figure looks like a normal blond-haired, blue-eyed mortal human, other than the silvery wings. He has two holy symbols on a thin string around his neck, as well as a simple pearl. He wears leather boots, wool breeches, a shirt, and a cloak with a hood. A simple rope belt holds two pouches at his waist. A beat-up leather backpack completes the ensemble. He speaks: "Hail and well met. I see you fight legionnaires in defense of the Just. I am sorrowful that I did not arrive sooner. I have been looking for allies not satisfied with the current status quo, and thou does seem to have a Purpose... might I inquire as to the nature of this Purpose, to see if it is fair we should ally for a time?"

Detect Alignment:None. He doesn't register as any alignment... not even neutral.Mechanics:Very little. Teleport in, talk a bit.

Status: Joe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=233703) HP:190/176, AC 40 (T23, FF37), Saves +19/+11/+19

Samm
2010-09-01, 12:39 AM
Francis

Francis proudly steps toward the newcomer, "I too am not satisfied by the current state of things and that is why we have a certain quest. We're to find the Relics of the End Times and gather them all. Once gathered, the gods will be able to do much more, balance good and evil. A far better state of affairs, than at the current moment."

Duskranger
2010-09-01, 02:25 AM
Jericho

Jericho runs to the inside of his carriage. Tsheek visibly unhappy about that. A couple of seconds later everyone sees the bird flying out of the carriage and looking at everyone from the roof of the carriage.

This is no weather for my kind. Even though I hate this I think I can do more good when I am alive than when I have died. I only ask thee Francis that you say no more. Our quest is not for everyone to know, certainly not suddenly appearing persons. Since the fall of the world they could be not what they show us to be. A lot of archons are unhappy about the state of business and the disappearing of their gods as are demons. Don't trust anyone except proven worthy of trust. Than there falls a small silence after which he contnues speaking.

Erithas, Lysander if needed you may join me in my carriage since I do not wish you harm. We have much to speak about. Especially about the wolves. And I do not think that you should be fried into crisps.

Samm
2010-09-01, 05:10 AM
Francis

Francis follows Jericho into his carriage, "I understand what you mean, however, I believe that these people may become valuable allies as time progresses. Showing trust early shall start us off on the right note, and hopefully they'll trust us."

Jack_Simth
2010-09-01, 07:35 AM
Joe

The winged man considers for a moment, then nods and replies. "Ah, the language has drifted since I last walked the world of men. I suppose it is wise not to fully trust initially; I am well familiar with the concepts of operational security and need-to-know. I am accustomed to working from the shadows due to many long recon missions. Very well; I will shadow you for a time, then, and intervene as seems useful."

With that, the winged man vanishes from view.

True Seeing: Actually, he simply turns invisible, and then flies up out of sight of True Seeing.See Invisibility: Actually, he simply turns invisible, and then flies 130 feet straight up, where he hovers and waits.Mechanics:Talk a bit, re-activate ring of invisibility, fly 130 feet up - out of range of the True Seeing spell and most methods of getting it, but still within easy listening range for Joe, despite the carriage walls - and hover, taking ten to listen in on the conversation, and taking ten on Move Silently once up there (for a 34 Listen, and a 28 Move Silently check result - with the -1 per 10 feet of Distance, Joe can still hear Whispering clearly, even with a penalty for getting through a thin-walled carriage).

Status: Joe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=233703) HP:190/176, AC 40 (T23, FF37), Saves +19/+11/+19

Duskranger
2010-09-01, 07:55 AM
Jericho

Those words he spoke are more than enough to not trust the guy. In my book we should tell him nothing unless told otherwise. That is if he is still around. If not we will travel on hoping we will never see him ever again. If he would wanted to travel with us all he needed to do was ask. If he tries to spie on us though I consider him unfriendly. I do not know what you think but I fear we should first check if he is still around or not. I mean he also came without notice who knows where he is. Jericho says while looking outside, being carefull that he is not in the sunshine itself.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-01, 07:01 PM
Solan ain't checked in yet since the first so I'll just continue for a while now.

DM

Erithas and Lysander indeed graciously enter Jericho's carriage. The Solar, however, looks solemnly at Francis. He turns upon his heel and strides away, powerful wingbeats lifting him into the air. He swoops to Jubilius. Then looks to the newcomer.

" Trumpet Archon, Shadowing them will not yield you naught but hostility. Best you side with them - shoulder to shoulder. " He says.

Jubilius glances at you all with admiration. " I must say goodbye for now - the road calls me is not ours. Marneus here will take me to my place, at the frontlines where I belong. This is not for me. " He says.

" Please, I have made my mind up. Thank you. Thank you all of you. " He says, bowing his head as he swirls arcana round his frame, leaving the area.

Jack_Simth
2010-09-01, 07:41 PM
Joe

With a rush of air, the winged man descends, and dismisses his cloak of invisibility, then speaks, first to the Solar as he departs: "As you say great one; I have spent most of my existence doing solo recon work, and am not well versed in the hearts of men."

He then turns towards the two in the carriage, addressing a few things line item by line item... including a concern or two not quite asked: "I was maintaining a position one hundred thirty feet above the expected battle plane, maintaining invisibility, as per recon training. Such a position is outside the illusion-penetrating sight of most demons, devils, and even Solars, while giving a good vantage point for observing surroundings, and still being in range to immediately charge into battle on the ground should the need arise; often catching an assailant off-guard for the initial blow and..." the winged man stops himself, then continues "... and I'm sounding like a textbook again. Sorry; too much time on solo missions. An Archon who's scouting is occasionally captured or killed, and there are methods to force information from a captive or a corpse. Thus, when you were hesitant to share information, I respected that - it's part of my training. As a scout, shadowing is also part of my training, and is my default behavior in terrain that might be hostile; get high, out of the way, and out of sight. I'm a bit abrupt, but that's just not enough time spent socializing. I'm sorry. I suppose introductions are in order...." the winged man, identified as an Archon by the Solar, seems to cringe slightly before continuing, as though he expects something bad to happen; "... my name Joe; how can I help?"

Mechanics:Move: Fly 130 feet down to land
Standard: Dismiss invisibility
Free: Talk. A lot.

Samm
2010-09-02, 12:51 AM
Francis

"Well, you probably should ask Jericho, he's very suspicious of others. He'll decide whether you'll be in this venture or not, I suppose. There's not much I can do to sway him. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure about you either..."

Duskranger
2010-09-02, 02:34 AM
Jericho

I heard that is hearable out of the carriage. After that the only thing hearable is a conversation with the two vampires invited inside of the carriage.

Please tell me how did you make your wolfs that way, they look tougher than the creatures I could summon. One of the dark powers I always enjoyed was being able to transform and be with them. But that's not the problem. Do you want some horseblood, or do you now drink that either? I mean it's not that fresh but no animals are hurt when I harvest it. And that's the reason why I have 5 horses. That way I do not to hurt them to gain what I need. And since I found out this new power I think I can even heal them immediatly after the taking. Jericho says wincing while he looks at his complete regenerated hand. He grabs a bottle from under his couch and presents it to the two vampires inside.

It tastes better than human blood for me that is. For this are no humans hurted nor are the animals the ones suffering from this.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-02, 03:53 AM
DM

Marneus nods to Joe. " His heart is true; He would make a fine companion for... what He has commanded. Fear not, I am Kirious' shieldmate, due to catch up with him. I stopped to investigate this death ground. " Marneus says.

" To whom do you serve, I wish to know. What army did you fight with when the end time came? " He says.

Lysander

" Thank you. " He says. " But I and Erithas have already fed on the dead here - in an attempt to recover intelligence, as we Vampires can. "

" Summong. It is a curious ability, this. You must reach not to yourself but to the energy of the earth. You will find that there is something not from the Plane of Negativa that can sustain you. " He says. As Jericho can see, the vampire indeed seems to have, curiously, the full trust of the wolves he summoned.

Jack_Simth
2010-09-02, 05:01 PM
Joe

Joe tilts his head slightly as he considers Francis' and Jericho's conversations about himself, the newcomer, and asks a question: "Just out of curiosity, how did the two of you end up traveling together? A celestial who attempts initial trust of those not immediately hostile, and distrust of those who who do not necessarily do so, traveling with a vampire who trusts no one. Might I ask what twist of fate put the two of you on the same path?"

Mechanics:Free: Talk a bit.

Samm
2010-09-03, 12:38 AM
Francis

"Well, I don't think Jericho will want me answering your question and I strive to be loyal, so I think you should ask him. I'm sorry, but he may be verging on paranoia, and I don't want to create bad blood between us."

Duskranger
2010-09-03, 05:27 AM
Jericho

I do not wish to sound rude, but even though I may be a bit paranoid it could also be that I just dislike fighting. And about bad blood, after the passing of Cyrus I think there will be no bad blood unless you betray me. If you think he should now it I trust you. I do hope though that you make the right choice Francis. You have yourself proven to be worthy of my trust. So go ahead, or do not tell it him. It's your choice. Besides if we tried to talk about normal things as we should he will interrupt our conversation and listens in. Jericho shakes his head and than faces his vampiric guests.
I noticed that the earth does not reject me. I even found that without armor it's easier to speak or at least feel the earth. How do you do this?

Samm
2010-09-03, 06:29 PM
Francis

Francis turns back to Joe, "We were selected by the Blood Raven, to perform a quest. The one I told you about earlier."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-03, 08:44 PM
DM

Joe simply nods, understanding. " Interesting... If that is the case, I have no intention of causing discomfort. I will leave you now. Farewell, good creatures. " He says, flying away.

Marneus nods and then Bows his head to you all, then flies away in a nimbus of light.

As Francis thinks, he sees countless heroes of Hierenous, fighting valiantly, debating, wielding power in their father's name. He sees a solar army clash with the hordes of the abyss, and finally sees the god himself, clad in shining plate forged in the fires of the sun, wielding a lightning sword that crackles with divine power as he duels with an unseen assiliant. The visions recede, though Francis can feel the experiences weighing on his mind, he can feel a few lessons and teachings staying in his mind.

Thematically, an explanation for level up. Also, you may select up to 2 martial maneouvers from the devoted spirit level of up to 4th level.

" Ordinarily, the undead sustain themselves by a connection to the Negative Plane - however, this is not vital. It is merely the first thing we grasp as we rise, the first place we seek. We are the human babe that draws nourishment from its mother's breast, rather than a bottle - because it is all they know. " Lysander continues.

" Instead, seek another source of sustenance. We found the plane of positive energy, through a millenia of research. Using that we find we can connect with the earth more readily and feel the lifestream beneath the landscape. " Erithas says.

" And so you can try it - sever your link from the Negative Plane, and connect to the Lifestream beneath the earth. Find the Lifestream first, then sever - if you cannot link, that is usual. It takes a few attempts to pull away completely from the plane you rely on. Pull buck if you feel your destruction approaching... " Erithas says...

Yeah, you can RP this as you like, Dusk. If you want you can attempt a Will save DC 30 to sever and another DC 25 to connect. If you fail to connect, you'll be weakened a bit though.

Duskranger
2010-09-04, 01:56 AM
Jericho

He closes his eyes and seems to be looking for something. Within a couple of seconds he comes back again.

I feel nothing. I mean there is nothing. But I will try again I want to know what it is and want to find it. He closes his eyes again. His face starts to show the fact that he is workijng hard. Small lines are becoming visible on his face. After a half an hour he suddenly forms a small smile. He fills his longs with air and holds his hands in front of him.

Roll to sever
[roll0]

Roll to connect: [roll1]

Wish you could take ten on saves :P

He growls in anger when it fails. He opens his eyes again.

I found it but could not sever my ties with the lower plane. I will try it again but I think I must feel it better before I do that. Still I thank you for your help. It was very much appreciated. Since now I know that not only negative energy can sustain me, but positive energy is alsmost as important. He nods towards his guests.

OOC:
You need to work Solan in the story he prolly feels left out.

Samm
2010-09-04, 08:19 PM
Francis

Francis sits down and waits, he keeps a good eye and an ear out for any threats, enemies or friends that may approach while Jericho is trying to connect with the lifestream.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Cadian 9th
2010-09-05, 07:14 PM
DM

Jericho fails to sever his connection with the Negative energy plane; Though ground is made as he finds the lifestream and knows its place.

" Well met, Jericho. Your spirit is strong, yet to sever your connection to the Plane of Negativa is akin to a mammal stopping breathing - it is one thing that is akin to denying every need of your body. " Erithas says.

If you like you can try again. You took no damage so far since you didn't sever.

Francis, on the other hand, spots nothing nor hears nothing aside from the usual post acopalyptic landscape. The destroyed legionaires lie where they are, and one of the Dwarves, Beren, comes up and nods to francis.

Feel free to inspect the legion and stuff, Samm.

OOC: Solan hasn't responded to the PMs or anything, so he's MIA. :smallsigh:

Samm
2010-09-05, 09:37 PM
Francis

Francis, taken by curiosity decides to inspect the legion and see what artefacts they may be carrying.

Search: Taking 20. So, 23

Cadian 9th
2010-09-08, 10:53 PM
DM

Beren flinches as Francis searches the Legionaire.

The Legionaire Francis inspects has plate armor made of some dullish grey material, not something he recognizes on sight. The armor is etched with faintly glowing sigils, on closer inspection Francis sees that the whole legionaire is covered in the things.

Moving to the shoulder plates, Francis realizes the things plate armor is rather complete, tho the helm itself is, suprisingly, not joined to the body. It suggests that the Legionaire is not a machine and not a construct either, but a free being. The helm itself is scorched and slightly dented, from the battle. Two eye slots are dark, no longer glowing.

The things sword is a massive thing, about a good head taller than Francis himself. The great hilt is rather huge, suggesting a period where the sword was used in closer combat, where one had to parry and catch an opponent. From Francis' knowledge of combat and war, he knows that such a sword is difficult to use in a close group, suggesting that the legion were never intended to fight but as single warriors.

" Odd. " Says Beren. " That sword don't look like a soldiers weapon. I think the legion were meant as a one off; Not intended to fight wars. Makes me think the Creator of the dam things didn't expect them to be used for war. " He continues.

Make me know checks if you want. Otherwise, conversation will do. :smallbiggrin:

Samm
2010-09-09, 01:07 AM
Francis

Francis steps backward from the legions. Still staring at the legions, he strokes his chin in thought, "It's helmet is separate from its plate armour... Like the helmet might have been an afterthought... Probably was... The sword's huge, and unwieldy... Why would they bother? These aren't frontline troops... Maybe the helmet was added when they had to go to war..."

He looks to Beren, "I think you're right, I doubt their original purpose was for war. I think it's more ceremonial; maybe for sport... Look at the sword, it's unwieldy; too large, and the helmet is separate from the plate armour, why would they do that? It's an afterthought, I think. They were probably gladiators for something or someone..."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-10, 08:36 PM
DM

Dusk Scroll up, there's a post at you.

Beren

" Aye, Francis. But who would need Gladiators as powerful as these? " He says, taking off his helmet. He sticks his axe in the ground and eyes a few of the wolves slinking around.

Samm
2010-09-10, 11:14 PM
Francis

Francis shakes his head, "Beren, you tell me... They're really powerful. I think I remember people challenging them to duels and losing, even the champions would get hammered... They only arrived in the end of the war near the apocalypse, maybe somebody was desperate."

Duskranger
2010-09-11, 01:55 AM
Jericho

Suddenly Jericho snaps out of his thinking.

Sorry Erithas. I was thinking what to do now that I found it but not was able to connect to it. I mean it'not like I have never denied my body things. I denied to eat untill I found a good unhurtfull substitute. That way I could feed without hurting innocents. I was raised to never hurt those that don't need to be hurt. I can't say I don't like fighting, that would be lying, I do agree I enjoy giving in to my more beastlike urges. But only if I think the persons are deserving what they get. That's also the reason I took the dwarves with me when we defeated their leader and protector. So they would be safe for now. Anyhow I will wait a bit before I attempt to connect to the earth again. Because it really is more difficult than I had expected. Still thanks for the information I am gratefull that I now can try to release my ties with darkness and thanks to you the day has become a bit brighter for me.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-14, 04:58 AM
DM

Erithas nods graciously. " It is an achievement for you to have the strength so soon - You are unique on so many levels of existence that it is inevitable you should succeed. " With a glance at Lysander, they both touch palms and stop for a while, resting.

" I'd not know that, Francis. By the kings, that'be not a thing I'd like to hear. I'd only be Six 'undred and twenty this year, and none's ever tol' me that. Thi's dire news indeed... " Beren says.

Samm
2010-09-15, 02:18 AM
Francis

Francis chuckles. "Maybe I'm wrong then, but I don't really know, I'm not an expert on these things."

Francis stands up and checks on Jericho, to see if everything's all right. "I'll check on Jericho, to see what's up, if we can get moving again."

Duskranger
2010-09-15, 02:23 AM
Jericho

Do you accompany us on our journey to deliver the dwarves alive and well. Or maybe do you want to become their patron, since we have turned that offer down. For we think that taking them with us would be more perilous for them than leaving them in the wild. Jericho asks to Erithas and Lysander.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-15, 02:32 AM
DM

" Aye. " Says Beren.

" We have lost the humans that we patroned - perhaps it would be best if we took the dwarves on as well. Dwarves are stoic, stubborn and gruff. Sometimes I wish we had some halflings to be patrons for, they are quite amusing. " Erithas says.

Duskranger
2010-09-15, 02:57 AM
Jericho

I do not get the way the world is now. Why patrons are needed. Those that have survived have proven themselves to be worthy to live. They should be strong enough to fight without help. But if you want to patron the dwarves we can go on with our journey. We took a detour to get them as close to their city as possible. That was the reason we came here. As soon as they are gone Francis and I will travel on. Doing what we should do. Check out the scenery and nature while protecting the weak. I thank you for your help and advice, but I think that would split our roads so that would mean this would be a goodbye. Jericho says, still wary that revealing his complete and real mission would be a bad thing.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-16, 12:45 AM
DM

Erithas looks at you quizically, before nodding curtly. " I will not enquire into your privacy; We take them on, as patronage is needed - this is how it will be, how it was and how it will always be. Creatures need the protection of a higher being to survive here, until they themselves become a powerful being. So far the only Dwarf of their group that was powerful enough was their mage; With him gone, it is our duty to take these dwarves on in your absence. Such is the way of things. "

" It has been good to meet you. " Erithas says.

" Well met, Jericho, Francis. A curiosity of this magnitude is a welcome experience in these times. We hope to meet you again. Dwarves? Do you accept our offer of patronage? " Lysander says, approaching the Dwarves...

If anyone wants to interject, go ahead.

Samm
2010-09-16, 02:36 AM
Francis

Francis faces the dwarves, Lysander and Erithas. "Before any of you leave, take my blessings; good luck, it is always needed in these bleak times."

If the dwarves accept their patronage:
He turns back to Jericho, "Now that the dwarves have a patron, let's get going again, shall we?"

Cadian 9th
2010-09-22, 11:56 PM
DM

" We'd be honored. Such noble warriors to patron us... Thank you Francis and Jericho for your assistance. " Beren says, the other dwarves murmuring thanks. Erithas nods and touches each dwarf on the brow, leaving an unmistakable mark with positive energy. It's a sigil you recognize from the one on Lysander and Erithas' brows, as well as the dead humans.

He turns back to Jericho, "Now that the dwarves have a patron, let's get going again, shall we?"

Duskranger
2010-09-23, 10:47 AM
Jericho

We couldn't let you go around unprotected. We tried to help you the best way we thought off, now another oppurtunity has arrived and that is in my eyes the best thing you could've done. Fare thee well I would like to say.

Jericho's eyes start shining with a light unseen before and he starts to give them a Dwarven goodbye saying.

@ the Dwarves and for everyone that speaks/understands Dwarven:

That ale may glinster in ye beard and the orcs be felled with thy blade. That the rocks may be mined and be plentifull in shining. That Moradin may guide your path.

He nods once solemnly to Erithas and Lysander and smiles.

I thank you again, that we may meet again in more safe times. Maybe one day I will be able to tell you the task that lies ahead of me. But I hope I wil start feeling the energy of the earth instead of the negative energy that sustains me now. I will try to connect as soon as I give myself some time to meditate. I wish you the best, for though you are tainted with the curse of vampirism you are no vampires in the sense of the word. I see you feed the world as much as you feed of it. Farewell. Jericho sits down in his carriage again, one soft click of his tongue and the horses start moving.

Come on Francis time is wasting. I mean if we do not move fast Tsheer will be far ahead of us. The bird is visible high in the sky.

Samm
2010-09-24, 07:16 AM
Francis

Francis nods, "I agree. Time is of the essence." He gets moving again, hovering along next to Jericho's carriage. "Where to though? The human city? I'm not entirely up to speed with everything."

Duskranger
2010-09-24, 12:53 PM
Jericho

I do not know if that's the smartest thing to do. But at least towards there would be a smart thing. That was where the strongest energy came from there. So shall we go. If we reach the human city we will need to find a way to enter it. Tsheer and I can go in by air, but for you it will be more problematic. I can become smoke and g othrough the tiniest holes. You are big. So I would need to find a way to get you in the city.

Samm
2010-09-25, 07:22 AM
Francis

"Yeah, I'm not sure how I'll enter. Maybe I can sneak in with somebodies luggage? Though, that doesn't feel like the appropriate way of doing things. I wish it were a simple matter, and I could introduce myself, and convince the guards to let me enter."

Duskranger
2010-09-25, 07:35 AM
Jericho

We need someone that could transform you into a normal human being even if it would be for a short time. That way you would be at least for some time in disguise. I would do the recon and observe the city as a bat or a puff of smoke. While Tsheer would also warn me for the dangers. I have done this kind of recon before even though it was most of the time of a vampire lair not off a city for those let me in quite easily. Since the world has been turned upside down everyone now knows who and what I am where before I could enter some places easily. Though most holy places would be off limits unless they hid there symbols of power. Since my turning I can't see those anymore, sadly, since I enjoyed going to sermons before this. Jericho says with a sad sigh.

Samm
2010-09-25, 09:27 PM
Francis

Francis nods, "That seems to be the best course of action. The question is, who? I cannot do it to myself. I lack the expertise."

Duskranger
2010-09-26, 02:41 AM
Jericho

I will see if I can hire someone in the city, or maybe we find someone that is able to perform such a task outside of the city. Or I try to buy a potion that does it in the city. In my carriage is some money I have lefte there for emergencies and necesseties. We will find a way for that, that's not what you should worry about. We have some travelling in front of us so let's go and try to be near the city at nightfall.

Samm
2010-09-26, 05:33 AM
Francis

"Fair enough. Lets head off." Francis hovers towards the human city, going at the same speed as Jericho's cart.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-02, 12:48 AM
DM

I'll take that as that you guys head back to the human city?

The day unnaturally changes to night in a few minutes. As you leave they bow in respect. Last thing you see of them is erithas touching his brow.

Samm
2010-10-02, 01:22 AM
OOC:
Yes. I'm pretty sure we've agreed to head to the human city.

Duskranger
2010-10-02, 03:41 AM
Jericho

Jericho leaves the inside of his carriage and stands on top of it while the horses still walk on (I mean spiderwalk he should be able to).

He takes in a deap breath and smiles softly.

I wish my life was like this moment. Peacefull, happy, beautifull. I miss the times I was able to smell the smell and hear the sounds of day and night. To walk in the sunlight, to see the flowerfields near my house. And off course to see my bride next to me. Sadly that is all faded away, only the memories stay.

Samm
2010-10-02, 04:49 AM
Francis

Francis nods, "If only these times were gentler on everyone. We wouldn't be outcasts if that were so. I would just like the world to be redeemed..."

Duskranger
2010-10-02, 04:55 AM
Jericho

I would like to be to be human, and buried in the grave where my wife is. But instead of that I am this thing, I can never enjoy the human things anymore. Sometimes you can really look forward to the day you die. But I am no coward and will never take my own life, as long as there's a spark of life in me I will continue to fight for what I think is good.

Samm
2010-10-02, 05:02 AM
Francis

"In some ways death is the easy way out. But that doesn't help anyone, and dying a coward's death is not the way to be remembered."

Duskranger
2010-10-02, 05:09 AM
Jericho

That does not mean that when I die I will embrace it. When I will be destroyed I will embrace deaths touch. For I have lived longer on this earth than any of my race should. I have seen good and bad, I have been here longer than my letter of recommendation did survive. If I had that one maybe they would remember me for who I was and I would be able to enter the city without problems. But sadle the place I got it from is destroyed, the paper crumbled to dust.

Samm
2010-10-02, 07:51 PM
Francis

"Well, in my view, cowardice is a failure. Killing oneself is cowardice. As a Knight of Heironeus, I value valour among the highest of virtues, and I strive to display it. Dying without valour is dying a coward."

Cadian 9th
2010-10-05, 03:48 AM
DM

You travel along, and on the way you sense presences coming up ahead; Neutral Evil, with Mayonaise Fried Chicken planaar flavor; That is, tiefflings...

You are now 10 miles out from the human city. To the north, now, is the human city, to the south, the battlefield you left has become a mountain range. To the east, there is an elemental swarm, roiling over a mushroom forest, and to the West there is flat plain, with loping herds of displacer beasts. In the very far west you can see a plume of smoke rising. The tiefflings are coming in from the North east, approaching down to your west, away from the storm.

Samm
2010-10-05, 04:57 AM
Francis

Francis takes in his surroundings. "Well, it certainly looks like this place is filled with action. Storms, teifflings, elementals, humans, displacer beasts, a lot going on."

Francis takes a look around for anything that would step out of the ordinary. He also looks at the human city and the teifflings in particular.

Spot: Taking 10: [29]

Duskranger
2010-10-05, 10:21 AM
Jericho

Which means most of the time nothing but bad things. I do not enjoy fighting, but prepare for it none the less. If they come and attack we will defend ourselves. Tsheer go up in the air and stay there. Be free if I die. Jericho adds while he lets his soul form the claws of the girallon again.

Samm
2010-10-05, 11:29 PM
Francis

"So, what's our plan, wait here for the storms to pass, or venture out towards the human city?" I don't see either of those options as ideal."

Duskranger
2010-10-10, 05:11 AM
Jericho

Still that is our objective. Besides would you rather end killed by tieflings or displacer beasts. Or maybe end up in the elemental storm. I do say we go north west, trying to avoid most of the things. Maybe hiding near the city, but not in it untill this is all over. We will find a way to enter the city if and when we have some peace to think about everything.

Samm
2010-10-11, 12:54 AM
Francis

"That, to me, sounds like a plan. The elemental storms sound harsh, so we should avoid them, though the displacer beasts are probably quite savage. However, the Tieflings, are approaching, so I agree, North West it is.

Duskranger
2010-10-11, 10:03 AM
Jericho

I may be an undead monster and even though I have said I do not mind to die I will not make it easy for death to claim my soul. For I believe that my deeds have saved it for when I die. And than I will live my eternal live in rest.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-16, 10:15 PM
DM

DM Plot advancing, INCOMING!

Tsheer flies ahead and screeches, having seen something inbound. You look and see North west is open but a pack of displacer beasts, led by a gigantic one, have seen you. They shift around and sprint towards you, using cover to approach.

In other areas, the storm stops, devouring a particularly large grove of the forest. It's still quite far away. The Tiefflings haven't stopped coming but they're far enough out that it'll be a while before they come anywhere near you.

Make spot checks guys and Know: The Planes if you like. Dusk, that also applies for Tsheer, since he's got a massive spot bonus. :smallsmile:

Samm
2010-10-17, 01:49 AM
Francis

"Well, that's quite a herd we've got there. I could fly above their reach, but that wouldn't offer you much protection. Let's brace ourselves and weather the onslaught." Francis readies his halberd.

Spot: [roll0]

Duskranger
2010-10-17, 03:35 AM
Jericho

Flyingwas my preferred way of travel until I became this. This is because I can't stand the sun anymore. I prefer not to meld from sunlight. My wings were once the most beautiful of my village, maybe I was a bit tookeen on being beautiful.

Spotcheck Jericho: [roll0]
Spotcheck Tsheer: [roll1]

I think my spotmod is bigger than Tsheers:smallbiggrin:

Samm
2010-10-18, 05:22 AM
Francis

Francis nods, "So that means I've got to stay near your carriage, and try to protect you?"

Duskranger
2010-10-18, 10:10 AM
Jericho

Not really. It does mean that I do need to protect the horses from those flesheaters. Let's battle like the first battles. I will try to take out the big one, you focus on the smaller ones if you don't mind. If you do we can switch.

Samm
2010-10-19, 12:08 AM
Francis

"Okay. That sounds like a decent plan, I will try to keep them at bay, while you concentrate on the larger one. I may be able to provide some healing assistance, as well."

Duskranger
2010-10-19, 10:08 AM
Jericho

Keep the healing to yourself please. As long as I am the undead I am, which I will stay untill I am destroyed, I will be hurt or even killeed by positive energy. I can handle myself. We will attack as soon as they are close enough to charge. Jericho prepares himself after those words and he gets again a feral look over himself and his arms seem to change and two extra arms become visible.

Samm
2010-10-19, 05:29 PM
Francis

"Oh yes, I nearly forgot, my healing uses positive energy, it will deal great harm to you." Francis stands ready, Halberd in hands.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-19, 05:38 PM
The pack is almost upon you.

Map

{table]_|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_|I_|J_|K_|L_|M_|N_|O_|
1|||||||||||||D|D
2|||||||||||||D|D
3|
4|||||||||||||D|D
5|||||||||||||D|D
6|
7|||||||||||||D|D
8|||||||||||||D|D
9|
10|
11|
12|
13||||||||||||D|D
14||||||||||||D|D
15|[/table]

You guys haven't entered yet, but when you do please roll ini and we can have some fun :D

Samm
2010-10-19, 11:35 PM
Francis

Initiative: [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-10-25, 05:19 PM
waiting on Duskranger now.

Duskranger
2010-10-25, 10:53 PM
Cadian do you have the libris mortis. I want a Dm rule about the range on a eye of flame graft.

And I will post this evening I promise do not have acces to the sheet here sorry for my slow postingrate.

Duskranger
2010-10-26, 11:33 AM
Double post since adding to does not give me the right things:

Initiative:[roll0]

I would like the ruling cadian so I know if I can try my eye graft or not.

Jericho

With silent stares he looks at the creatures a almost invisible smile is created on his face while he tries to make something happen.

Cadian 9th
2010-10-28, 06:45 PM
OOC:

800 ft, As 10d6 fire ball I think is 10th level caster, therefore 40ft/level = +400ft. Spread 20ft as usual.

Sorry missed the post. Let's get this going.

Duskranger
2010-10-29, 04:29 PM
Jericho

Jericho looks at the place where the displacer beasts are coming from and a big ball of fire explodes there inbetween the beasts catching the most of them in the fire.

He aims it precisely where he will get the most damage.

It does: [roll0]damage half divine/half fire.

His eye turns from a soothing blue to a pitchblack colour.

That was all I could do from distance, now we will need to do it the oldfashioned way. By getting down and dirty. JEricho says while now completing his more beastlike transformation.