PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Equip my Half-Ogre!

Marriclay
2010-06-03, 09:37 PM
I'm going to be starting a new campaign soon, and my character is a half-ogre warblade. however, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should equip him with. this will also determine which maneuvers and feats I choose, as generally you want things you can use with your maneuvers, right?

any suggestions? We're starting at level 4, so I'm 2nd level with 5400 gold in spending cash

Mongoose87
2010-06-03, 09:38 PM
Two castings of Return to Nature.

Thurbane
2010-06-03, 09:39 PM
Belt of Growth, Strongarm Bracers...maybe a bit beyond your means for both at the moment.

Cieyrin
2010-06-03, 09:42 PM
Get the biggest piece of steel you can swing? Huge Heavy Fullblade? You know you want to do 4d8 just swinging the thing. :smallbiggrin:

Marriclay
2010-06-03, 09:45 PM
Get the biggest piece of steel you can swing? Huge Heavy Fullblade? You know you want to do 4d8 just swinging the thing. :smallbiggrin:

I'm confused - I thought you could only do maneuvers with weapons favored by the school, like greatswords for iron dragon or claws/dual swords for tiger claw?

Krazddndfreek
2010-06-03, 09:48 PM
No. Some of the maneuvers/feats/stances etc. require that you do, but not nearly all of them.

EDIT: Actually, I'm pretty sure its only a couple feats and maybe some PrC class features.

EDIT 2: Though you do need to dual wield for many of the Tiger Claw maneuvers. And there are probably a bunch of other things like that, but my point is, you don't need to use the discipline's preferred weapons in most cases.

The Cat Goddess
2010-06-03, 09:50 PM
I'm confused - I thought you could only do maneuvers with weapons favored by the school, like greatswords for iron dragon or claws/dual swords for tiger claw?

No. The favored weapons thing only really seems to matter for Swordsages.

The feat "Large and In Charge" (Draconomicon, I believe) is fun... especially if you have a decent Dex and Combat Reflexes.

Machiavellian
2010-06-04, 02:19 PM
I actually suggest a Huge Heavy Mercurial Thinauan Fullblade with a Pandemic Silver Edge

Cieyrin
2010-06-04, 02:39 PM
I actually suggest a Huge Heavy Mercurial Thinauan Fullblade with a Pandemic Silver Edge

Mercurial isn't actually a quality. You'd have to homebrew a rip of that from the originals.

Also, I don't think you can have 2 materials on a weapon that way.

The 2 above are more GM fiat than anything. If your DM says okay, hey, cool beans. :smalltongue:

Greenish
2010-06-04, 02:53 PM
I actually suggest a Huge Heavy Mercurial Thinauan Fullblade with a Pandemic Silver EdgeI suggest a guisarme.

Also, some chains:

Combat Expertise -> Improved Trip -> Knock-Down

Power Attack + Improved Bull Rush -> Knockback + Shock Trooper

Your first warblade bonus feat (at level 5) is probably Combat Reflexes.

Masaioh
2010-06-04, 03:08 PM
Isn't Half-Ogre only +1 LA? You're starting at ECL 4, you have 2 class levels, where's the other +1 LA from?

Also, Ring of Sustenance.

Thurbane
2010-06-04, 06:37 PM
1/2 Ogre from RoD (i.e. the non broken, non-Dragon Mag, non 3.0 version) is LA +2.

GenericGuy
2010-06-04, 07:44 PM
Sorry that this is off topic, but which parent was the ogre and which was the human? Whenever I picture a human giving birth to a half-ogre I feel great sympathy for the mother:smalleek:, but when its the father:smallamused::smallamused:

Prodan
2010-06-04, 07:47 PM
Spiked Chain (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0216.html)

Marriclay
2010-06-04, 09:37 PM
Sorry that this is off topic, but which parent was the ogre and which was the human? Whenever I picture a human giving birth to a half-ogre I feel great sympathy for the mother:smalleek:, but when its the father:smallamused::smallamused:

unfortunately... his mother was the human. victim of a raid :smalleek: