PDA

View Full Version : Wand bracers for Rods?

Os1ris09
2010-06-03, 11:47 PM
I read the wand bracer item and was wondering if you could store metamagic rods or any kind of rod into the bracer. I don't believe you can but if you "modify" it I don't see why you couldn't

QuantumSteve
2010-06-03, 11:59 PM
Well, wands are 6 to 12 inches in length and weigh up to 1 ounce. Rods are 2 to 3 feet in length and weigh 5 pounds. So we're talking some pretty big honkin' bracers here.

I would say that bracers that reach to your shoulders and carry 25 lbs worth of rods isn't a reasonable modification. Maybe if your Huge.

Os1ris09
2010-06-04, 12:29 AM
Well......... I was thinking rods could be "miniaturized" in some fashion. Since magic is magic and DnD is DnD couldn't there be such a way?

AslanCross
2010-06-04, 12:37 AM
There is a wand braceLET in Magic Item Compendium that allows you to store items weighing up to 3 pounds that can be held in one hand. Just relax that a bit and you should be fine.

QuantumSteve
2010-06-04, 12:37 AM
Well......... I was thinking rods could be "miniaturized" in some fashion. Since magic is magic and DnD is DnD couldn't there be such a way?

I guess. If your DM agrees, I suppose you can do almost anything want with custom magic items. Just have your "Mini-Rods" cost more to create.

A magic item I just thought of now would combine a Quiver of Elohna with Spring Sheath from Song & Silence to draw anything stored in the quiver as a free action.

Os1ris09
2010-06-04, 12:47 AM
I totally forgot about the quiver of Ehlonna. THAT WOULD WORK BRILLIANTLY FOR ALL THE RODS I HAVE. muuuuuhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-06-04, 01:01 AM
There's also the Glove of Storing... wasn't there a version which let you use the item you were storing?

CyberRebirth
2010-06-04, 01:06 AM
Ah, Osiris, you and your crazy munchkinism... You found a group?

I agree with the quiver though, that would probably be a little more effective.

AslanCross
2010-06-04, 01:10 AM
There's also the Glove of Storing... wasn't there a version which let you use the item you were storing?

Casting Gloves, MIC.

Os1ris09
2010-06-04, 01:16 AM
Ah, Osiris, you and your crazy munchkinism... You found a group?

I agree with the quiver though, that would probably be a little more effective.

LOL Hey Cyber Rebirth. Right now its me mitchell and two others and right now I am playing a very wierd Warlock/Cleric gish build and for some reason or another it works pretty well. I have a lot of metamagic rods and I need a convient place to store them.

OT: Thanks for the suggestions guys I will consider those gloves as well for the rods I use most.