PDA

View Full Version : At Last!

Felixaar
2010-06-04, 06:54 AM
So after about two years of solid work, mine and Anuan's epic novel is finally complete - again! We 'finished' it so long ago I can barely remember it, and then on advice for publishers have almost totally rewritten it, and despite the concerted efforts of work and school and friends and the internet, it's finally ready to breathe the sweet nectar (yes I know you can't breathe nectar shut up) of freedom and then be brutally crushed by test readers.

Yippie-Ti-Yi-Yippie-Yippie-Yay!
(Yippie-Yay!)
Yippie-Ti-Yi-Yippie-Yippie-Yay!

bluewind95
2010-06-04, 06:59 AM
Awesome! Very awesome indeed! And many congratulations on finishing that!

Dogmantra
2010-06-04, 07:00 AM
bruttally

I can't be the only who laughed at this. :smalltongue:

Congratulations though. Hope it all goes smoothly from here onwards. :smallsmile:

Felixaar
2010-06-04, 07:05 AM
There is no typo, Citizen. Go back to your fun.

Dogmantra
2010-06-04, 07:10 AM
And everyone learned of the importance of being yourself editing.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-06-04, 12:37 PM
Awesome :smile:

Is that the one where you made a thread about two fantasy armies, one of which had flyers that blow up on impact and "to the death" soldiers?

Recaiden
2010-06-04, 01:03 PM
That's wonderful, Felix! I'm waiting to see it published.

Adumbration
2010-06-04, 01:05 PM
Congratulations! Pardon my ignorance, but in what language is it written? Have the publishers approved it? When can I walk into a book store and buy it? (What's its name?)

I'm jealous. :smallbiggrin:

Bonecrusher Doc
2010-06-04, 01:07 PM
Tell us more! In this thread! Because I don't know the history here, and I would love to read something written by you two.

Coidzor
2010-06-04, 02:03 PM
I believe this sums me up right now. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2d8HBGz-Og)

Lioness
2010-06-04, 07:56 PM
Awesome!

I can't wait to read it.

Felixaar
2010-06-04, 09:33 PM
DJA, yeah, that's the one! I stole everyone's ideas, now I'm going to use them for my own profit. Bwahahaha! But yes, theres three major battles in this story and two of them were assistedby my "Calling All Amateur Generals!" threads.

Adumbration, its written in English. And it hasn't been cleared with any publishers, yet. See when we did the first iteration we had some interest but the general consensus was that the writing was too immature. We've rewritten it now, it's on a grander scale and vastly improved in general. We're now putting it out to some test readers to get opinions, and then we may make changes based on that feedback, and then try getting it out to publishers again. So, it's a long term process.

Bonecrusher Doc, hmm, more about it? Well, the problem really is that the plots on such a scope that I cant really give you an overview without ruining the first 80% or so of the novel. It basically starts of with a young prince's father (the king) dieing. The prince doesn't want to become the king, but the nation is pretty unstable - if he doesn't, it's likely there'll be civil war. So to prevent that, he becomes king, and it's going fairly well until he finds out his highest advisor actually murdered his father, and forced him into the life he didn't want. He kills his advisor, then his wife dies in an accident. It gets him pretty crazy and he rapes a woman of the indigenous people, and conceives a child. When he realises this he tries to kill the kid so no one will find out, but as time goes on his efforts to block out the truth become more and more destructive. The novel spans about 28 years of time, so it takes some time for him to get his comeuppance - but he does. Or DOES he?

Thanks everyone for well wishes and interest. If you do want to know what happens in the future, well, I'll keep people here updated, and if something major happens you'll see it on my blog or the Diversion Magazine website - both linked to in my sig.

Dvandemon
2010-06-04, 09:43 PM
Wow, truly the most epic story I ever heard. I really want it ;A;

Cealocanth
2010-06-04, 10:11 PM
Congrats! I know how hard it is to write a novel and I'm quite jelous that you finished yours. I'd love to read it.

Anuan
2010-06-06, 07:25 AM
:smallbiggrin: Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
Eeeeeeeee Happyhappy bouncebounce happy bounce happy :smallbiggrin: