PDA

View Full Version : 4e Multiple Attacks Rules question

Siegel
2010-06-04, 01:07 PM
When a Wizard uses Scorching Burst and hits 3 enemys he rolls attack for everyone but damage just once. I know that.

When an attack says "make a secondary attack" (example : Chaos Bolt, Wildblood Frenzy) do you role damage for each one ?

TheEmerged
2010-06-04, 01:09 PM
I'm not aware of an official ruling on it, but it would make sense to continue the "multiple attack rolls, single damage rolls" policy.

Swordgleam
2010-06-04, 01:18 PM
I think "make a secondary attack" should be treated as an entirely new attack. So you don't roll the same damage for everyone that gets hit by attacks that jump around like Chaos Bolt, since it's a different attack against each one.

Snowstorm
2010-06-04, 01:29 PM
When you 'Make an additional / secondary / tertiary' etc.. attack, then indeed it is a separate attack and damage roll.

AoE powers are a single attack, but you make the to-hit roll against all of the targets.

AB
2010-06-04, 01:40 PM
Secondary etc. attacks often have a different damage roll and/or different effects than the primary attack. So, yes, they are totally seperate attacks.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-04, 05:42 PM
Still single damage roll I think.

Mando Knight
2010-06-04, 05:47 PM
Still single damage roll I think.

Nope. If it's an area attack, then you make one damage roll. Otherwise, you make one damage roll for each attack (since they're completely separate attacks).

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-04, 05:49 PM
Nope. If it's an area attack, then you make one damage roll. Otherwise, you make one damage roll for each attack (since they're completely separate attacks).

Well, I guess I learned something than, thank you. :smallwink: