PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age RPG (Not Video Game)

ZeltArruin
2010-06-04, 01:21 PM
Has anyone here tried out the Dragon Age rpg by Green Ronin? It looks pretty fun, but as of yet, they have only released the first of four books (levels 1-5), so it is hard to say how good it may turn out. I like how the game functions, and it covers a lot of ground without being terribly restrictive, but I have yet to play it. So has anyone played this game? Does anyone even know about it, or just me?

Swordgleam
2010-06-04, 01:29 PM
I've read a couple reviews by people who liked it. I'm not really sure why people who want to play in the Dragon Age setting need a whole new system for it when there's so many sets of rules for medieval fantasy games already.

Jerthanis
2010-06-04, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I can't believe they had to come out with a brand new RPG system for "Medival Fantasy with forest-dwelling elves, underground dwelling dwarves, and humans in Fuedalistic kingdoms" and yet there's no RPG system for friggin' Mass Effect yet.

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-04, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I can't believe they had to come out with a brand new RPG system for "Medival Fantasy with forest-dwelling elves, underground dwelling dwarves, and humans in Fuedalistic kingdoms" and yet there's no RPG system for friggin' Mass Effect yet.

:smallconfused: Seems interesting...

ZeltArruin
2010-06-04, 02:05 PM
Well, to be fair, there are tons of systems that have that exact same thing, so I am not talking about the fluff here, as I only use systems in the worlds that I want to, not the worlds they gave me (unless I really like them). The system is pretty neat, and may be like another system that I do not know.

Kaiyanwang
2010-06-04, 02:10 PM
It looks pretty fun, but as of yet, they have only released the first of four books (levels 1-5),

More on topic, this seem interesting: they did like BECMI D&D, the various levels of power spreaded in the various books?

This seems interesting, I found it very good for newcomers, because are not overwhelmed by options.

AstralFire
2010-06-04, 03:25 PM

Mass Effect is Star Wars Saga with like three new force powers.