PDA

View Full Version : Share Spells to feat to share rage?

theos911
2010-06-04, 04:05 PM
I may be wrong in this statement, but I remember reading somewhere a feat that allowed a non-magic animal getter(familiar/companion type) to share spells with his animals in general.(I never fully understood this , except in the case of semi-casters, such as bard or duskblade, because they don't get a familiar/companion, but would still want to share spells with it.) Anyway, If such a feat exists, where would I find it. Assuming it exists, I am looking to making a share rage feat. I will soon be playing a gnome barbarian animal trainer, so high str, con, and cha. His badger has the rage ability and I think a feat that allows them to rage together, or allow the badger to get more out of rage would be both flavorful and awesome. Any suggestions?

AstralFire
2010-06-04, 04:28 PM
The feat must be called Eulalia.

Rothen
2010-06-04, 04:34 PM

I failed my Knowedge(Reference) check, Blast!

AstralFire
2010-06-04, 04:37 PM
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Eulalia

theos911
2010-06-04, 04:37 PM
I'm a barbarian(an old gnome one at that!), so unless that involved man vs. wild or knowledge(nature) I was doomed from the start.

*ninja'd by the link, yes that would make an excellent name*
*No luck yet?, I really don't want to have to wing it at a feat, without something as a base...:smallbiggrin:

Rannil
2010-06-04, 04:48 PM
I'm a barbarian(an old gnome one at that!), so unless that involved man vs. wild or knowledge(nature) I was doomed from the start.

*ninja'd by the link, yes that would make an excellent name*
*No luck yet?, I really don't want to have to wing it at a feat, without something as a base...:smallbiggrin:

How about:
Shared Fury (Races of the Wild, p152)? [Your fearsome rage spurs your animal companion to greater heights.] Except the badger gains YOUR rage with your bonuses and penalties, not it's own.

Edit: I believe that every way to get a familiar or animal companion has natural share spell covered. The only exceptions being animals you train with handle animal (in which case they don't get levels as well) or the Wild Cohort feat (From online (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a), no other source.) So indeed there is a no real need for a feat which gives a share spell.
Closest thing I found was the Companion spellbound (PH II p77), which increases the range. All you need is a animal companion, not the ability to share spells, so one could read it as getting share spells as ability as well.

Blue Ghost
2010-06-04, 04:50 PM

Do I spot a Redwall reference? :smallbiggrin:
Haven't seen one of those in the Playground before. *hugs*

theos911
2010-06-04, 05:08 PM
Shared Fury (http://www.realmshelps.org/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Shared_Fury)

It's a bit limiting, but usable and flavorful. Obviously, the idea was feat for non-spellcasters, so the animal companion req is a no in my version. Also their need to be within 5 foot of you is just... idk what, but really useless.

ok my version

Prerequisite: Handle Animal 4 ranks, rage class feature, Animal that you will be sharing with must have a special bond with you in some way.(i.e. Your pet)

Benefit: IF PET DOES NOT HAVE RAGE ABILITY!!! When you rage, your animal companion gains the same benefits and penalties from your rage that you do, but only if it is within 5 60 feet of you. The companion's animal's rage ends when your rage ends, or as soon as you are no longer within 60 feet of your companionanimal. Certain abilities cannot be shared, such as the bear warrior's ability to become a bear while raging.

Benefit: IF PET DOES HAVE RAGE ABILITY!!! You are able to entice your animal to enter or end a rage. Doing so ALWAYS counts as pushing the animal(DC 25), unless you train it to do so. Training an animal, to rage or stop raging on command requires a Teach Trick action(DC 18). When your animal is raging and is within 60 feet of you, it may use your rage bonuses or the it's own(Whichever is higher or your decision). If the animal exceeds the 60 foot limit, your moral influence diminishes and his rage bonus's return to what his normal class features would allow. Certain abilities cannot be shared, such as the bear warrior's ability to become a bear while raging.

***Ninja'd by Rannil*** So yes that feat does work, but I like my version of it better and thanks all.

Flame of Anor
2010-06-04, 05:26 PM
Do I spot a Redwall reference? :smallbiggrin:
Haven't seen one of those in the Playground before. *hugs*

Yay Redwall! You know, it's a complete coincidence, but my two given names are Luke and Martin, so I kind of feel a special connection to the series. :smallwink:

Tome
2010-06-04, 05:36 PM
The one feat that springs to mind for sharing Rage is the Epic feat Incite Rage.

I think someone on the Playground has redone the Epic feats to be more usable, including Incite Rage. It picked up the ability to make your enemies Rage as well, which I thought was pretty interesting.

But of course, none of this is useful, since it's unlikely that you're playing in Epic. :smallbiggrin: