PDA

View Full Version : ASSASSINS VERSUS BODYGUARDS: Kanteis

Pages : [1] 2

The Watchman
2010-06-04, 05:17 PM
Pruessler's shop bears a sign over the door which says, in rather ornate and runic writing, "Pruessler's Apothecary". The inside is dim, and full of interesting (and sometimes repulsive) smells. Boxes line row after row of shelves, each labeled in the same ornate writing that decorates the sign outside. One says "beetle eyes", another "crushed spider"; still another, "diamonds".
Along the wall to your right is a long counter with jars filled with questionable objects of varying sorts. Sitting at the opposite end is a skinny elf, who is reading from a tattered book.

HypoSoc
2010-06-04, 05:41 PM
Kanteis approaches the elf and says, without waiting for the elf to look up:
"I am here to offer my protection services to you. Ezekiel Jedder sent me to you."

planswalker
2010-06-07, 11:28 PM
would you like me to take over dm'ing here until watchman returns? rizban has given me deputy dm powers at least until watchman returns.

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 05:29 AM
Yes please, don't want to fall too far behind assassins.

planswalker
2010-06-08, 05:32 AM
can you give me a brief summary of what has happened so far?

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 05:33 AM
Went to Jedder, got denied a job and was sent here by Jedder to ask for a position.

planswalker
2010-06-08, 05:36 AM
An old man walks out from the back of the shop. "Well, my boy, how can i help you? If you have the shakes, i can whip up a remedy in short time, guaranteed to work. or, if something more... recreational, i have that as well. Tell me what you need."

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 10:56 AM
Kanteis avoids making an expression at the comment and says:
"I am here to offer my protection services to you. Ezekiel Jedder sent me."

planswalker
2010-06-08, 12:42 PM
"well, in that case, i was looking to hire out some muscle. If Jedder recommends you, that's good enough for me. Now then, how much do you think you're worth, and why?" He crosses his arms patiently.

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 02:11 PM
Kanteis keeps his expression solemn and barters:
"I ask for 20 gp a day, plus a minimum 100 gp bonus per assassin permanently thwarted, along with looting privileges for at least half of the total value that is kept upon the body. I am a practitioner of the psionic arts, specializing is precautionary acts, and mind altering."

Diplomacy
[roll0]

planswalker
2010-06-08, 02:14 PM
Very well. You are hired. I can have you quartered in the room across from mine for your sleeping arrangements. I am willing to give you quite a bit of leeway in your safety measures, but you will not be allowed to interfere in my business affairs.

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 02:29 PM
Kanteis nods at his employer and slinks towards a corner out of Pruessler's way, but close enough to hear or see anything (20 ft away). He then casts Detect Hostile Intent, and waits.

Detect Hostile Intent
Range: 30 ft.
Area: 30-ft.-radius emanation centered on you
Duration: 60 min
Saving Throw: None
Power Resistance: No

planswalker
2010-06-08, 02:35 PM
looked the power up. if someone hostile towards you enters the area, you will know about it. it doesn't detect someone with hostile intent towards the merchant. Most of the time, an assassin will be hostile towards both of you, and mean you both harm, but be warned that this is not foolproof.

You set up your vigil. 8 hours pass by during the day, with customers coming in and out before something noteworthy happens just around closing time. A large warforged with a silver body walks in. He goes up to your employer and asks, "Do you need protection against bad people?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 02:41 PM
Kanteis waits for the Merchant to speak, ready to move if necessary.

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 02:45 PM
looked the power up. if someone hostile towards you enters the area, you will know about it. it doesn't detect someone with hostile intent towards the merchant. Most of the time, an assassin will be hostile towards both of you, and mean you both harm, but be warned that this is not foolproof.

You sure? The wording is: "While the duration of this power lasts, you become aware of the presence of any creatures with hostile intent within 30 feet of you, and their direction from you (but not their specific location)." It doesn't mention hostile TO YOU per se.

planswalker
2010-06-08, 02:47 PM
"Well, i already have protection. If you are threatening me, then surely you should be warned that i am not helpless myself, and my bodyguard is right over there." He points to you. "I might be willing to hire you as well, and i could pay a genrous 20 gp a day, with a bonus 100 per assassin."

The 'forged appears greatly insulted. "How could you expect anyone to work for less than 300 a day? I may be much more expensive than that rent-a-guard of yours, but i assure you, i am much more competent. let me prove it." You suddenly sense hostile intentions from him directed at you (assuming you renewed that power when its duration ran out)

<roll for initiative>

planswalker
2010-06-08, 02:49 PM
You sure? The wording is: "While the duration of this power lasts, you become aware of the presence of any creatures with hostile intent within 30 feet of you, and their direction from you (but not their specific location)." It doesn't mention hostile TO YOU per se.

the target is personal. I interpret that to mean persons hostile to you. otherwise, the party members would set it off constantly in a dungeon. For most effects, hostile to your boss is hostile to you as well. i know of only 1 person who managed to assassinate someone without being hostile towards the bodyguard as well.

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 05:22 PM
Kanteis steps back and prepares for the coming fight.

Initiative
[roll0]
Kanteis isn't flatfooted do to detect hostile intent.

planswalker
2010-06-08, 05:32 PM
i know you aren't the power does explicitly say so.

this is actually my old bodyguard who i am trying to kill off. i took over dm'ing the team he was on and need to tie up a loose end. If he defeats you, it won't be game over, i promise. he's gone a little psycho and needs to be put down, but he'll be doing nonlethal damage against you. He's trying to "prove" he's a better bodyguard, not kill you.

The 'forged acts before you can prepare yourself. he walks over to you and hits you with his massive fist.

you take 15 nonlethal damage.

btw, i need a link to your character sheet so i can adjucate this combat effectively. he rolled really high on the first hit so it didn't matter (unless you had over 25 ac) but future rolls may care what your ac is.

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 05:59 PM
Its in my sig, but here's the link again.
Kanteis (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=210256)
Also, is there any fire in the room?

Kanteis grunts as he takes the damage, and manifests Crisis of Breath, and runs 20 feet to the side.

Crisis of Breath
Will Save
DC 17

planswalker
2010-06-08, 06:48 PM
as you attempt to manifest your power, you leave yourself open. He has apparently been trained to exploit such weaknesses even if the manifester attempts to do so defensively and once again connects with your body, dealing another solid blow.

i'm afraid that manifesting a power in melee provokes an attack of opportunity. he has psi-slayer so you could not manifest defensively. he deals another 18 nonlethal damage. make a concentration check to manifest your power or it is disrupted

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 07:20 PM
Concentration
[roll0]

Kanteis curses as his manifestation fails.

planswalker
2010-06-08, 07:35 PM
he pursues you as you leave. he hits you on the head one more time for good measure and you fall unconscious.
When you wake up, the shop is in disarray and your new boss is unconscious.

i'm sorry about that. he never rolled less than a 15. this isn't a defeat so much as a plot hook. you do get 250 xp for the encounter. don't worry. i'll take care of you, it's not over

HypoSoc
2010-06-08, 07:39 PM
Do I fully heal health and power points?

Kanteis curses and goes over to his boss to wake him up.

planswalker
2010-06-08, 10:40 PM
you heal 6 points of nonlethal damage. You will have to rest to recover yourself (or find magical healing) your power points are restored.

after a few minutes you manage to awaken your new boss. He seems rather annoyed at the whole affair. He says, "well, after that bedeviled warforged beat you silly, he asked me to hire him at 500 gold a day, since he had 'proven' himself. When i refused, he 'proved' himself on me. He said he would be back next week to see if i wanted him. Tell you what, if you will stay on as my bodyguard, i'll give you 50 gold per day, so long as you manage to defeat that brute. If you can't protect me against him and he doesn't kill you, though, i'll really need to hire someone competent. You think you can beat that guy?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-09, 05:37 AM
Kanteis nods, ashamed of himself, saying:
"The forged got lucky. But it is simple enough to prepare. If there is a fire lit, maybe the size of a small campfire, I'd be able to take the idiot out more assuredly. If you could pay me now, I could buy some matches and a torch, so it would be available for me when needed.".
He then tries to help put the store back in order.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 01:11 PM
"well, i guess i'll need to give a little to get a little. Go ahead and buy a tindertwig, not just matches." He hands you your first day's 20 gold.

HypoSoc
2010-06-09, 04:55 PM
Kanteis takes the money and wanders outside. He heads for an alchemical shop that would sell tindertwigs and torches.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 05:09 PM
The first shop he finds calls itself "Jonas' Supplies" it seems little more than a hand cart with a shanty built around it. several torches are for sell, as well as tindertwigs. There is also a note on the front saying, "Looking for needles? ask inside."

HypoSoc
2010-06-09, 05:13 PM
Kanteis walks up to the cart and says:
"Greetings, I'd like to purchase 5 tindertwigs and as big a torch as you have."

planswalker
2010-06-09, 05:19 PM
you hear a voice from within the cart say, "5 tindertwigs? what do you need that many of them for? one could light a thousand torches before giving out. As to a large torch, i only sell 'em in one size. They are a copper each, though. You could easily buy a lot of them and bundle them together."

HypoSoc
2010-06-09, 05:30 PM
Kanteis smirks a bit, then says:
"I don't want to be caught without one, and a thousand is only so many. I'd like to have 5, and a silver pieces worth of bundles of torches, each as big as I'd be able to fit in my hand."
He then pulls 6 gold pieces out of his coat pocket.

Can the bundles have as much flame as a small campfire and still fit in my hand? I'm trying to increase control fire damage.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 06:20 PM
"here are the tindertwigs. they'll be 5 gold. One bundle of 5 torches is 5 copper, it has a handle you can use to hold them, then lighting 1 of them would cause the others to get lit as well. how about 20 bundles of these torches? that way, you won't have to bother with change?"

five tindertwigs float up from behind the desk. A bundle of torches also floats up for display. It appears as though they would produce about as much flame as a campfire, if not for very long.

will that do?

HypoSoc
2010-06-09, 07:34 PM
Kanteis smiles and hands the gold over.
He grunts as he takes the bundles back to the shop and puts 4 of the twigs and 19 of the bundles in his room.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 07:49 PM
A week passes, (you earn an additional 300 gp) and the 'forged appears again. His once gleaming mithril body is now dingy and stained with mud. He says in a loud voice, "Do you want me to protect you now?".

HypoSoc
2010-06-09, 07:55 PM
Kanteis uses Crisis of Breath of the forged before it can do anything else.

Crisis of Breath
DC 17
Initiative
[roll0]
The forged is flat footed, right?

planswalker
2010-06-09, 08:03 PM
you feel your power take hold of him, but the dusty rattling does not seem to bother him. Your boss says, "The hell i will. You go somewhere else." The 'forged says, "Very well, maybe if i show you how deadly i can be, you will change your mind.

<roll for initiative>

warforged do not breathe. also, they are constructs, and immune to the power

HypoSoc
2010-06-09, 08:06 PM
Inititice
[roll0]

Kanteis prepares to set his torch on fire.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 08:10 PM
you go first

HypoSoc
2010-06-09, 08:12 PM
Kanteis strikes the tindertwig on the torch bundle. And steps back 40 ft.

planswalker
2010-06-09, 08:15 PM
The warforged charges your boss, hitting him with your fist as mightily as he can.

he dealt 18 points of lethal damage to your employer

HypoSoc
2010-06-10, 05:29 AM
Can you explain to me what brain lock would do?

Kanteis attempts to use Control Flames, to move the fire in the torch upon the warforged.

Concentration
[roll0]
Control Flames
Reflex DC to avoid catching on fire 16
Damage per round if caught on fire 1d6

planswalker
2010-06-10, 12:03 PM
The warforged is much more agile than he looks. He manages to evade the flames without too much strain. This does get his attention, however, and he leaves off beating up you boss to stomp over towards you. He stops a mere ten feet away, looming very large and threatening.

technically, RAW, he's immune since the power cannot affect constructs. RAI though, he has a "brain" due to being a living construct. i'm willing to rule that he will be affected if you spend 2 additional power points, like he's was a constructed Monstrous Humanoid for the puropse of purely mental effects.

HypoSoc
2010-06-10, 02:07 PM
Concentration Check
[roll0]

Kanteis manages to keep the flame charging after the warforged and make another leap back 40 ft.

No power point cost as I didn't fail any concentration checks and I have 5 min 54 sec of the spell left, before it burns out
What would happen if I succeeded a brain lock? Could the forged still fight?

planswalker
2010-06-10, 02:10 PM
not needed. he isn't threatening you. if he was, psi-slayer negates defensive manifesting.

HypoSoc
2010-06-10, 02:13 PM
I thought I needed the check to continue with what I was doing, and since it is a free action, I could alter my post based on success or not. Now I understand, but I edited my post.

planswalker
2010-06-10, 02:27 PM
The flames engulf the 'forged. You take this fight out into the city streets.

he takes 6 damage. btw, the "concentration" duration in control flames is a standard action that requires no check. Brain lock dazes the subject, which will affect the warforged as normal for a dazed creature.

planswalker
2010-06-10, 02:28 PM
the 'forged follows you out into the streets, ignoring the flames.

HypoSoc
2010-06-10, 02:42 PM
Kanteis lights the torch again with the tindertwig and runs another 40 ft away.

planswalker
2010-06-10, 02:51 PM
The 'forged charges at you, but misses you by a narrow margin.

HypoSoc
2010-06-10, 04:08 PM
Shouldn't he have taken 1d6 damage for being on fire?

Kanteis tries to bring more fire to the forged, and runs another 40 ft back.

planswalker
2010-06-10, 04:23 PM
you're right. [roll0] no tumble? ouch.

he takes advantage of your momentary lapse in your defenses as you run off to slam you with his fist. the flames engulf him yet again.

20 dmg to you, another 2 damage (in addition to the 1d6 above) do you want me to find you some help? there are currently 1 or 2 other pc's that could be taking Scale street to get to their destinations and see this fight.

HypoSoc
2010-06-10, 04:32 PM
The fire is stacking, so its 2d6 per round.
Help would be nice.

Kanteis runs back 80 ft.

planswalker
2010-06-10, 04:41 PM
i don't think being on fire stacks, but the flames themselves and being on fire stacks. you do realize that taking 2 move actions will end your control flame power (duration:concentration)? he is still on fire, but you haven't significantly damaged him yet. help will be inc. just gotta wait for my next other pc to do something. I actually have another one who is in one of the other shops an Scale street.

The 'forged ignores the flames for now and runs to keep up with you.

he doesn't attack, but he is right next to you (he took the run action)oh, and another 1 fire damage.

edited second spoiler to include the fire damage.

HypoSoc
2010-06-10, 04:49 PM
He can keep up with the 40 ft base land speed?

Kanteis curses and withdraws another 80 ft.

planswalker
2010-06-10, 05:13 PM
by running. (which is 4x speed. The cavalry is coming, don't worry) i'm gonna delay the 'forged going until i rustle up your backup

planswalker
2010-06-10, 06:10 PM
A young, olive-skinned woman walks out of a shop called "Reich: Apothecary and Surgeon". she says, "HALT, you walking scrapyard! Your raucous behavior is disturbing my focus, and has disrupted my summoning! Now come here! I demand an apology!" The 'forged pauses his pursuit, and says, "I am merely proving myself to be a better bodyguard than this fool over here." He says, pointing to you.

your turn

HypoSoc
2010-06-10, 06:15 PM
Kanteis attempts to brain lock the forged, and places another 40 ft of distance between them.

DC 16 Will

planswalker
2010-06-10, 07:35 PM
The forged seems to resist the power for a moment, then stands there motionless. The woman who distracted it tries to push it over, but doesn't get the force going to succeed. She quickly pulls her hands back before she catches on fire herself, pulls out a length of rope, and says,

"Right. You- psychic or whatever- come here. What's all this, then? He said you were having a body guard-off, or something equally absurd? And then you set him on fire? Well, psychic? Explain. You have him stopped. Continuing the fire would be murder, you know."

you do have to spend a standard action to concentrate on this power, so you get a move action and can still talk as a free action.

planswalker
2010-06-11, 03:24 AM
Unnoticed before now, a young man just out of his teens yells at the three of you:"Fools! You dare disturb the peace in my neighborhood?! This is the turf of the Shocking Sentinel, and evil scum such as you must be punished!"

He holds up his right fist. Three bolts of electricity race forth from his upheld hand, one targeting each of the three.

The 'forged manages to dodge the bolt entirely, somehow. The other 2, unfortunately, take approximately 2000 volts of electricity

21 damage to you. I promise, this is not my fault. another pc just stuck his nose in, and the dice hated on you, and spared my darned npc i'm trying to kill off.

planswalker
2010-06-11, 04:20 AM
The woman collapses to the ground in agony, in obvious pain.

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 05:22 AM
I have -1 hp...

planswalker
2010-06-11, 10:27 AM
when you reach -3, you are healed for 15.

when you regain consciousness, you see a middle-aged man leaning over the woman. you think you see a crawling black thing leave his arm, touch hers, then disappear.

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 10:55 AM
Kanteis mutters, "This is embarrassing... then looks around. He searches for any sign of the attackers, and for people on his side.

Search
[roll0]

planswalker
2010-06-11, 10:57 AM
The 'forged left rather large footprints in the street. unfortunately, they become obscured after leaving Scale Street. there is no sign of the freak who hit you with lightning.

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 10:59 AM
Kanteis approaches the man and the woman, cautious, but not hostile, and says to the man:
"Were you the one who healed me?"

planswalker
2010-06-11, 11:21 AM
"Yeah, you looked like you needed the help. That's me, Mr. Helpful..."

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 11:23 AM
Kanteis grunts:
"Thank you, do you require any pay? Also what happened to the attacker and the warforged?"

planswalker
2010-06-11, 11:40 AM
the woman chimes in with: "Some ninny blasted us with lightning while I was trying to keep the forged and the psychic fellow from murderin' one other.
They were apparently having a bodyguard contest.

My thanks for whatever you did, though. That lightning hurt like the devil. I'll get you a drink sometime. As for that damn fool kid...

Did you see him? Do you know who he is or what happened to him?"

planswalker
2010-06-11, 11:51 AM
"Yeah, the kid blasted me earlier for my prices being 'too high' or some fool thing like that. Stole some stuff from me while I was down too. It's a good thing I had these magical healing tattoos, or more someone might not have made it.

You don't need to pay me anything, sir, but I'll gladly take that drink sometime, my lady.

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 04:26 PM
Kanteis stares at the lady:
"As fo the body guard contest" he emphasizes the word, "you would find that this war-forged happened to have attacked myself and my boss in an effort to get hired." Again he puts a sarcastic tone on the last word.

Brushing himself off a bit, while muttering curses about how forges could be horrible, lifeless, non-breathers, he then turns his attention to the man and says: "Again, I feel indebted to you. As you shall not take gold, I will gladly offer my service to you should you need it. My name is Kanteis Methyl. My current employer is Pruessler of Pruessler's Apothecary."

He turns to the woman agains and says: "I am sorry you were caught in the crossfire of this, I hoped I would have more control of the situation." At that, he turns to leave.

Do I get any xp for the encounter?

planswalker
2010-06-11, 06:01 PM
yep. 1000.

When you get back to Preussler's, he asks, "Is that maniac dead?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 08:01 PM
Kanteis growls and states:
"An interloper appeared and disallowed my apprehension of the forged by electrocuting me before I could react. The forge has proven to be an incessant trouble, and I believe the best manner of his removal is through mercenary work. As it is my failure to protect you myself, I shall search for and hire a back-up or two to help deal with the matter permanently."

planswalker
2010-06-11, 08:02 PM
"Well, you definitely saved my life today, so you aren't incompetent. I trust your judgment to hire others to help you."

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 08:06 PM
Kanteis, his nonchalance dispersed by anger, says:
"I shall head towards the tavern tomorrow, as I need to be refreshed. Don't hesitate to wake me up should I be needed."
He wanders to his room and promptly falls asleep.

planswalker
2010-06-11, 08:08 PM
you rest undisturbed and recover 6 hp.

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 08:10 PM
I meant sleep for the night, to restore power and health fully.

planswalker
2010-06-11, 08:19 PM
yes, you do restore all powers, but according to dnd rules a good night's sleep restores 1 hp per hit die. Complete rest for a day restores 2 per. another person can provide long-term care to double that healing rate. phb, pp. 75-76. 8 hours of sleep is not an insta-heal, sorry.

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 08:22 PM
Kanteis yawns and heads to his boss.
"If I could get today's pay, the hiring would be easier."

planswalker
2010-06-11, 08:23 PM
"all right." he gives you 50 gold.

HypoSoc
2010-06-11, 08:26 PM
Kanteis walks briskly to the tavern, looking on the way for any mercenary figures.

planswalker
2010-06-11, 08:27 PM
post such on the city streets.

HypoSoc
2010-06-13, 09:31 AM
Kanteis follows the trail of destruction he had seen last night, with Drassuk following behind.

planswalker
2010-06-13, 09:35 AM
When you follow the trail of destruction, it stops in front of a minor lord's house. You can hear banging and the occasional terrified scream inside.

HypoSoc
2010-06-13, 11:07 AM
Kanteis calls behind him towards where the invisible Drassuk might be:
"Prove to me you are here or you wont get your gold."

planswalker
2010-06-13, 02:45 PM
no one responds.

HypoSoc
2010-06-13, 03:19 PM
Kanteis curses, and decides that he must act.
He tries to enter without being noticed by the forged, and tries to look for it.

Move silently
[roll0]

planswalker
2010-06-13, 03:26 PM
As you are about to enter, an elf approaches from the south and a pair of humans from Pirner's shop. One of the humans goes over and peeks into the shop. He seems to recognize the perpetrator.

there are 3 other pc's who might be able to help. 2 of them have prior experience with this 'forged.

HypoSoc
2010-06-13, 03:40 PM
Kanteis calls towards the elf and two humans:
"Would one or two of you mind assisting me? I am attempting to take out a psychotic war forged, and my back up sneaked out. I can manage to hold the beast in place, so its removal shall be quick. I am willing to pay a modest sum of 100 gold for help in this endeavor."

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 02:30 PM
Kanteis returns to his employer and places the head upon the table:
"I believe you'll find the matter has been dealt with."

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 02:34 PM
How much is mithral worth? I only found the qualities of mithral armor, not of the metal itself.

planswalker
2010-06-15, 02:39 PM
500 gp/lb

He looks rather pleased with you. "Good, good. Here you go, today's wages, with a little bonus for such a good job." Another 250 gold.

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 02:46 PM
"It was my pleasure. Do you wish to keep the head, or may I have it?"

planswalker
2010-06-15, 02:51 PM
"It does me no good."

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 04:21 PM
Kanteis takes the head.
"If you'll excuse me, I'd like to unload myself of my newly acquired valuables."
How much mithril is the head?

planswalker
2010-06-15, 04:45 PM
"Of course, feel free."

very little, and not worth the cost to extract

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 04:50 PM
Kanteis places the head on a shelf in his room and heads out to find someone who would find mithril valuable.

planswalker
2010-06-15, 04:52 PM
The first merchant he finds looks to be willing to buy it, for 4,500 for the lot of it. He seems rather greedy and can probably be talked up to quite a bit more.

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 04:55 PM
Kanteis attempts to analyze the merchant, and haggle the price up to 6000 gp.

Sense Motive for the heck of it
[roll0]
Diplomacy for the haggling
[roll1]

planswalker
2010-06-15, 04:57 PM
"Well, i see that you do value this mithral highly. Tell you what, i'll go up to 5,000 for the lot of it."

you think you can get him a little higher with a well-worded argument.

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 05:03 PM
Kanteis says:
"I'm sure a merchant such as yourself would manage to double its value with no hassle, so I'd like more money coming my way. I am sure that I will provide a lot of raw materials over time, and I do remember where I get good deals. I am willing to go no lower than 5750 gp, and I know that this city is large enough for me to find such a buyer."

planswalker
2010-06-15, 05:20 PM
"Well, tell you what, I'll go as high as 5,500 and consider this the start of a new friendship. I hope you consider a friend to be far more valuable than 250 gold. My name is Berthold Sponeck. I hope we can be of service to each other in the future."

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 05:26 PM
Kanteis shakes his hand and accepts the offer.
Silently, he manifests an Attraction so Berthold will have good thoughs associated with his name.
"I'm Kanteis Methyl. It is nice doing business with you."
He then walks off.

Will DC 15

planswalker
2010-06-15, 05:34 PM
He manages to resist the power, and says on your way out of the door, "Now why did you have to go and do a fool stupid stunt like that for? I really liked you and thought of you as a good business partner. There was no need to manipulate my mind. Go away and don't come back here again. Find some other merchant to be your mind-slave." He seems rather upset at your attempt to rape his mind.

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 05:55 PM
Kanteis leaves without a word to return to his employer.

planswalker
2010-06-15, 05:59 PM
He is glad to see you and thanks you once again for your protections. He asks you to keep a vigil on his shop tonight. He has heard that someone has put a bounty on his head due to "personal disagreements", as he put it.

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 06:07 PM
Kanteis agrees to keep vigil, but first asks if he know who put the bounty on his head, and how else he plans to deal with it.

planswalker
2010-06-15, 06:12 PM
"I'm afraid not. I know a halfling in the underground who keeps an ear on the ground for new bounties, and lets me know of any that pertain to me. He doesn't tell me names, if he knows them. His name is Tasselhoff. At least, that is what he asks me to call him. You can often find him near Pirner's outfitters if you really want to see him. Don't expect him to be too helpful, though."

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 06:18 PM
"I'd feel better knowing that you weren't alone. I shall stay here."

planswalker
2010-06-15, 06:20 PM
"That is probably wise. There will be time later for tasselhoff to tell you what he knows."

He finishes the business day, and goes to bed. What do you do?

HypoSoc
2010-06-15, 07:33 PM
Kanteis debates resting to recharge or staying up, so he flips a coin.
[roll0]
Seeing its a tails, he decides to go to bed, but tries to remain alert whilst sleeping.

planswalker
2010-06-15, 10:04 PM
you do not notice the assassin until he trips over you.

roll initiative.

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 05:26 AM
Initiative
[roll0]
How much hp and power points do I get back?

planswalker
2010-06-16, 01:01 PM
full pp, another 6 hp

you manage to react before your assailant.

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 01:14 PM
Kanteis runs back and manifests a Brain Lock on the unfortunate assassin.

Will DC 16

planswalker
2010-06-16, 01:23 PM
the dark-skinned humanoid stands there listless, a knife in his hand that glows with an ebon light.

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 02:35 PM
Kanteis calls to his employer:
"Are you awake and alive? I caught an attacker, and I believe you might want to talk with him."

planswalker
2010-06-16, 02:39 PM
You hear him grumbling to himself, you hear some thumping, and then he appears. "What the heck is wrong with you at this hour of the ni-" he stops in mid sentence as he sees the strange creature standing before him.

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 02:42 PM
Kanteis continues his focus and says:
"Sorry to bother you, but I have apprehended an assassin. I am capable of maintaining control over it for a good while, so you aren't in any danger, but while I am doing so, I can't go and kill it. Also, you might have wanted to interrogate, so I would suggest that either you take that knife and slice it while it can't act, or imprison it with whatever you have so I can release my mental grip and make it talk."

planswalker
2010-06-16, 02:51 PM
"I'll just kill the horrid little thing. I know who sent it and what it was doing here. You are lucky that it didn't notice you. It might have slipped by unnoticed otherwise."

He wrestles the creature's dagger from its hand and gives several vicious slashes into the creature's gut. Upon contact with the creature's skin, the blade glows an evil shade of violet and you can sense the magical energies tearing into the creature's flesh. As it gasps its last breath, it utters one final word, a word so vile that the windows shatter and the floor splinters.

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 06:06 PM
Kanteis braces himself and waits for the shaking to end.
He then asks his employer:
"Strange knife? May I have it?",
then he searches the body for loot.

Search
[roll0]
What's my xp gain?

planswalker
2010-06-16, 06:11 PM
it had nothing else but the dirty rags it wore for clothes. Your boss lets you have the dagger.

you gain 900 xp.

"So, i am sure you have questions about why i knew this creature yet did not warn you."

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 06:27 PM
"You know who sent it? I take it you've applied the appropriate countermeasures?"
Appraise check on the dagger +4

planswalker
2010-06-16, 06:45 PM
"Well, sort of and no. I know of these creatures, but that doesn't mean that i know who sent this particular one. They are called skulks, masters of stealth that leave even halflings looking like clumsy trolls. In fact, they can even hide from magical perceptions. They were human, once upon a time, but their ancestors were cast out and shunned for some unknown offense. They refused to leave, however, and over time came to develop the ability to become undetectable. They have an abiding hatred for all humans, and will sell their service as assassins to any bidder. This confirms that whoever is out to kill me has connections with the worst parts of society. I do not know who is responsible for this, but someone among my business associates wants me dead badly enough to risk associating with creatures that are equal to any fiend in malice. That dagger you found, it's most likely to be a bane against all humans. Ironically, this even includes themselves. They still are not so far removed from humanity but what the magical energies of the world treat them no different than you or i. I fear that you have just gotten yourself involved in very dark matters. If you will stick around, i will pay you double."

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 07:09 PM
Kanteis says:
"I shall remain loyal to you until a better contract comes in, and even then, I would allow you time to hire a new staff. As for the lack of warning, I don't care or mind. It is a risk to yourself only, and makes no difference to me as I should be able to work without knowledge and still be as successful."

planswalker
2010-06-16, 07:14 PM
He face is filled with relief. "You don't know how glad i am to hear that. If i might ask, would you be able to do some fact-finding for me, or should i hire someone more skilled in that department?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 07:16 PM
"I am quite capable in that field, should you see it fit for me to not be around your persons whilst I am investigating."

planswalker
2010-06-16, 07:22 PM
"If he is using skulks, they won't attack in the day while i have customers around. I should be safe enough in my shop during business hours."

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 07:25 PM
Kanteis nods and then waits for day to come so he can gather information.

Gather information
[roll0] for [roll1] hours.

planswalker
2010-06-16, 07:41 PM
you are paid your day's wage, of double what it had been before, and you leave to gather intelligence on who could have hired skulks.

after quite a bit of snooping around, you are told that no one hires skulks. People merely give them blood money to not kill them or their families and tell them where another human family can be found. hopefully, the skulks kill the targets and not the people who "hired" it. After being told about a specific human family, they take special pains to eliminate them, no matter the cost.

One specific person you heard about is a certain kobold with a reputation as an information broker. He can be found at a certain inn tonight around 9:00. The word on the street is, if anyone knows about who set skulks on your employer, he does.

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 07:43 PM
Kanteis gives his employer the update, then goes to meet with the broker.

planswalker
2010-06-16, 07:52 PM
... mind if i take a break for the night? I hadn't planned this far ahead. I'm not entirely sure what will happen next yet. let me sleep on it.

HypoSoc
2010-06-16, 07:53 PM
That's good, I want to go to bed soon anyways.

planswalker
2010-06-17, 03:48 PM
You arrive at he appointed place at the appointed time, and see the kobold go into a back room with a woman to discuss a business deal. The inkeeper says, "Can i help you, friend?"

the kobold will meet with you just as soon as the other pc he is speaking with is finished. the inkeeper will chat with you until he does, and even might be able to give you some useful information to make your chat with the kobold more productive.

HypoSoc
2010-06-17, 04:36 PM
"I am interested in meeting with a certain kobold."

planswalker
2010-06-17, 04:42 PM
"It wouldn't perchance happen to be the one who jsut went into that back room, is it?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-17, 04:46 PM
"I believe that to be the one."

planswalker
2010-06-17, 05:31 PM
"well, i do believe that he is busy with a client right now. I'm sure that he will meet with you just as soon as he finishes with business. He is always eager to meet with new associates. If you will forgive my noseyness, what business do you have to discuss with him? I mat be but a humble innkeeper, but all sorts of folks come through here, and i hear all sorts of things."

HypoSoc
2010-06-17, 05:47 PM
"Information is valuable, and has a cost. My cost is a word for a word. When I tell you I am searching for man who hired an assassin against my client, I'd like some knowledge in return."

planswalker
2010-06-17, 06:01 PM
he smiles keenly. "Well, i am an upright businessman. I of course don't have any direct dealings with such murky things as assassins, but i do hear things. If someone has hired an assassin against your client, i can likely tell you who sent him, assuming that you can tell me who the assassin was."

HypoSoc
2010-06-17, 06:05 PM
"The assassin was a skulk, but don't worry if you don't know anything. Information doesn't have to pertain to the situation to be relevant."

planswalker
2010-06-17, 06:19 PM
"Well, a skulk? i can't say i know all too much about them. They have a death feud with all humans. If i were you, i wouldn't walk around the docks at night. people have been known to disappear, and bits of them be found around the docks the next morning."

HypoSoc
2010-06-17, 06:21 PM
"Kanteis smiles at the knowledge and waits patiently for the Kobold."

planswalker
2010-06-17, 06:22 PM
"anything else you want to know?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-17, 06:25 PM
"Who's currently on top of the merchants now? Still Ezekiel?"

planswalker
2010-06-17, 06:33 PM
"Well, actually, Mr. Jedder is not the guild president. I'm afraid that whoever that is, he always seems to work through intermediaries and no one high enough in the guil heirarchy is willing to discuss it, even with a harmless old inkeeper. It is rumored, however, that he is either dead or dying, and that's why Pirner, Jedder, and others are looking to dominatethe guild. Someone will have to replace him when he does die."

HypoSoc
2010-06-17, 06:54 PM
"Interesting. I hope we can help each other in the future."
He tells the innkeeper where he is staying and goes back to waiting.

planswalker
2010-06-17, 08:38 PM
the woman leaves the room, reading a strip of paper.

"I'll go tell him to expect you if you want."

HypoSoc
2010-06-18, 05:29 AM
"Thank you, sir."

planswalker
2010-06-18, 06:39 AM
"he will see you now. please step through."

HypoSoc
2010-06-18, 09:17 AM
Kanteis smiles at the innkeeper again, then enters the room.

planswalker
2010-06-18, 09:28 AM
Inside is a hooded kobold sitting at the only table in the room. "What you want?" it asks.

HypoSoc
2010-06-18, 09:30 AM
"I need to know who might convinces skulks to attack Pruessler"

planswalker
2010-06-18, 09:37 AM
"There are several people who can hire skulks. Preussler has several enemies. Not many of them are brazen enough to hire skulks of all things. You would be looking for someone who fits two of the three things: either they aren't human, they have really deep pockets, or they are so involved in shady affairs that the skulks respect them. I'd recommend talking with Mr. Preussler and finding out who meets two or more of those requirements. I'd start with his deep-pocket enemies. I know all the non-humans who are vile enough that the skulks respect them but don't have a lot of money. None of them have a beef with Preussler."

HypoSoc
2010-06-18, 09:41 AM
"Thank you. Anything you require from me in return?"

planswalker
2010-06-18, 09:43 AM
"ten bars of gold-pressed latinum" "One day soon i shall ask you for a favor. You will repay me then. You have already incurred the full debt that you can owe. Do you wish to know anything else?"

sorry for the Star Trek referrence, but i couldn't resist

HypoSoc
2010-06-19, 05:19 PM
"Favors are binding and flexible. I don't feel comfortable with that. Instead, when you ask for the favor, I'll provide gold instead if I see it fit. The price will be up to you."

planswalker
2010-06-19, 06:19 PM
"I'm afraid that the only thing you have that i want is your future service in something. If it will make you feel better, what i will ask from you will not violate your petty morals."

HypoSoc
2010-06-19, 07:01 PM
"Morals are not my concern."
He then turns to leave before saying: "Thank you, again.".

planswalker
2010-06-19, 07:09 PM
"You are welcome."

HypoSoc
2010-06-19, 07:15 PM
He leaves and heads for his client.

planswalker
2010-06-19, 07:28 PM
i'm sorry. i have a half-dozen interweaving plots running around in my head. Which one is yours?

HypoSoc
2010-06-19, 07:49 PM
Protecting Pruessler from Skulks. Currently on investigation.

planswalker
2010-06-19, 08:14 PM
ah. thanks. i remember now.

Preussler greets you when you arrive. "What have you learned, my boy?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-19, 08:25 PM
Kanteis relays the information and asks about enemies fitting the description he was given.

planswalker
2010-06-19, 08:37 PM
"So, i am looking for wealthy humans with dark connections or wealthy non-humans." he considers this carefully. "Well, there's the younger brother in house Eichel, the gnomes in charge of the embassy are quite wealthy. Oh, and there's always Punchinello. Something is up with that man, but he isn't particularly wealthy. Of course, he does have friends in high places. Wouldn't surprise me if some of them were also in low places."

HypoSoc
2010-06-19, 09:07 PM
"Do you want me to keep looking, or do I come back to be around when you need me?"

planswalker
2010-06-19, 09:18 PM
"Please stay by me for now. Give me the night to mull over which of them is likely to have done this."

HypoSoc
2010-06-20, 08:51 AM
Kanteis nods and resumes his post.

planswalker
2010-06-20, 08:53 AM
Your watch that night is uneventful. When your boss awakens next morning and opens up shop, you are sent out to gather more information if you can.

and you earn a day's wages

HypoSoc
2010-06-20, 09:04 AM
What is my pay again? 50? 100?

planswalker
2010-06-20, 04:24 PM
100. he doubled it after the skulk attack

HypoSoc
2010-06-20, 06:13 PM
Kanteis takes up his post and remains vigilant.

planswalker
2010-06-20, 06:14 PM
Your boss asks, "did you find out anything useful?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-20, 06:19 PM
Already did this. I'm on watch for the night.

planswalker
2010-06-20, 06:40 PM
... you did? sorry. for some reason i thought you hadn't. gonna have to re-read this thread, then.

you notice a shadow creeping pst you right as it sneaks past.

HypoSoc
2010-06-20, 06:47 PM
Kanteis manifests a brain lock at the shadow.

Will DC 16

planswalker
2010-06-21, 12:34 AM
once again, the dice fail it.

the shadow stands stock still. it is revealed to be yet another skulk.

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 07:55 AM
Kanteis calls: "Caught another one." to his employer. He smiles in recognition of how this hit on his client will increase his wallet vastly.

planswalker
2010-06-21, 08:21 AM
"You know, you really need to hire a lackey or something to take care of these goons. I don't want my sleep interrupted every time you 'catch' one. Good work, though." He slices and dices this one up as well.

he lets you keep the +1 human-bane dagger and your day's wages.

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 08:23 AM
And the 250 for slaying an assassin?
What's the xp?

planswalker
2010-06-21, 08:27 AM
oh yes, and the 1000 xp for this and 250 gold bonus. thanks for reminding me. everyone has a slightly different contract it seems, and just when i think i have all of them memorized, i forget what "grace" is paid daily, or your bonus for each assassin is forgotten, or nonpan loses a day of pay because everyone forgot to ask for it. oh well.

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 08:36 AM
"I need some rest. I'll go looking for a hire in the morning, and continue the investigation. Who will you have me investigate?

planswalker
2010-06-21, 08:41 AM
"Let's start with the gnomes. They seem the l;east likely, and i suspect that they can easily be ruled out. I'd like you to make sure, though. Can't be too careful."

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 08:41 AM
Kanteis goes to sleep.

planswalker
2010-06-21, 08:43 AM
he recovers full pp and another 6 hp (if applicable)

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 09:27 AM
Kanteis asks his employer for a list of names to investigate.

planswalker
2010-06-21, 09:30 AM
"Well, there's Gobbldegook over at their embassy, he certainly has the money for it. Stinkelheimer on broad chase has the sort of modus operandi that he will hire out his dirty work, and strackjammer over on banker's row are the only three with the wherewithal to hire assassins as far as i know, and i know quite a bit."

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 10:42 AM
Kanteis nods and heads out to the street nearby to look for a lackey.

planswalker
2010-06-21, 10:54 AM
are you looking for a pc lackey or an npc lackey?

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 10:58 AM
NPC Lackey, as I need them only for the final blow.

planswalker
2010-06-21, 11:04 AM
There are several people who know how to handle a knife and are desperate for work. how trustworthy of a lackey are you looking for?

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 11:31 AM
One who will come when sent for, and wont steal.
Will a missive wake someone up?

planswalker
2010-06-21, 12:44 PM
The cheapest person you can find who is reliable is a retired city guard member who is asking for 1 gold/day to supplement his pension.

a missive will work if two of your words are "WAKE UP" or some variant.

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 01:01 PM
Kanteis agrees to hire the guard for 1 gold a day, plus another for every assassin thwarted. He hands over the first day's pay and heads for the embassy to confront Gobbldegook.

planswalker
2010-06-21, 01:06 PM
An officious-looking bureaucrat asks you to make an appointment.

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 01:11 PM
Kanteis asks to make it as soon as possible, as it shall be quick.

Diplomacy
[roll0]

planswalker
2010-06-21, 01:24 PM
The bureaucrat can squeeze you in for a five minute quickie in 15 minutes.

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 01:31 PM
Kanteis waits patiently and looks around for anyone else waiting to make idle chit-chat with.

planswalker
2010-06-21, 01:42 PM
You sit down next to an elderly gnome wearing what appears to be a patchwork quilt sewn into a robe. A pair of rather overly-large goggles sits atop his head. He asks you jovially "So, what do you want to do here?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 01:51 PM
Kanteis says in a conversational tone: "I need to speak Gobbledook, hopefully, it will be a quick and painless meeting."

planswalker
2010-06-21, 01:55 PM
"heh. good luck with that. I hear he can be absurdly crazy. And that's coming from an old coot who dresses himself in a quilt."

HypoSoc
2010-06-21, 02:05 PM
"Really? Can you explain?" Kanteis asks, figuring all information would be useful.

planswalker
2010-06-22, 01:32 AM
"I've heard that getting a straight answer of him is nearly impossible unless you word your questions very carefully. Thus, it is unlikely that your session with him will be quick, productive and painless. It is likely to be quite aggravating."

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 05:28 AM
"I have interrogation methods, that I believe will be usefull."

planswalker
2010-06-22, 05:41 AM
"Just be careful. He may be kookie, but he is rich and with that comes a certain level of inherent power."

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 06:58 AM
"Thank you, sir."

planswalker
2010-06-22, 07:41 AM
"Mr. Gobbledegook will see you now." you hear a receptionist call.

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 09:35 AM
Kanteis walks into the room.

planswalker
2010-06-22, 09:38 AM
Inside is a rather professional-looking gnome in business attire. He is sitting behind a neatly organized desk. He asks, "What can i do for you today?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 09:47 AM
"I desire this meeting to be quick and to the point. My employer suspects you of possibly contracting his death. I am here to investigate. Non-cooperation will be met with suspicion back to the source. I'd like to get this over with quickly, most likely ruling you out. I merely would like the statement of your non-involvement and the consent to read your mind while you are saying so. I don't want to waste any of your time, especially if you are innocent in this matter."

planswalker
2010-06-22, 02:51 PM
"So, for whatever reason, your 'employer' suspects me of hiring assassins against him. So, to prove me innocent all you want to do is invade my mind while I say that i didn't do it. Do i at least get the benefit of knowing who it is I a suspected of hiring assassins against?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 04:13 PM
"I don't want your hostilities towards my employer should you be innocent. In the case you have contracted an assassination, but not towards my employer, I'm sure some distinguishing feature will tell me this. I don't care what you do with your money, unless it affects me."

planswalker
2010-06-22, 04:20 PM
"You mind telling me the name of the person i supposedly put out a hit on?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 04:28 PM
"Again, I do not want you to know if you didn't do it. Suspicion leads to actuality. I will tell you that he is a merchant."

planswalker
2010-06-22, 05:17 PM
"Bah, fine! You can perform your paranoid little invasion into the privacy of my mind, based on your suspicion that i might have hired someone to take out your boss, who is a 'merchant', apparently one as paranoid as you. " You can hear the sarcasm in his voice.

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 05:53 PM
"Just say that you have not put a hit on any merchants."

Sense Motive
[roll0]
Read Thoughts

planswalker
2010-06-22, 05:55 PM
is that "read thoughts" from a spell or power of some sort?

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 06:21 PM
It is a psionic power. Normally there is a will save, but, if he is willing, then there is none.

planswalker
2010-06-22, 07:02 PM
"Very well, if it will get rid of you. 'I haven't hired an assassin against whoever your paranoid master is.' Now get out. I don't want to see you again, you rude little bobblefish."

he cooperated. he hasn't hired any assassins, much less one against your patron.

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 07:05 PM
"Thank you, again"
Kanteis leaves the room and smiles at the man he had talked to.

planswalker
2010-06-22, 07:07 PM
you can hear the gnome grumbling as you leave.

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 07:10 PM
Kanteis heads for Stinkelheimer next.

planswalker
2010-06-22, 07:16 PM
You find his shop on Broad Chase.

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 07:25 PM
Kanteis enters the store and looks around.

planswalker
2010-06-22, 07:29 PM
The place is in disarray and looks to not have been open in several days. there is a disturbance in the dust which makes a trail leading to one of the back rooms.

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 07:34 PM
Kanteis readies himself and steps towards the back room.

planswalker
2010-06-22, 07:45 PM
Inside are a pair of kobolds. Upon seeing you, they draw their weapons and point them at you. "What want?" one of them asks.

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 07:52 PM
"I wish to speak with Stinkelheimer, if he is not dead. If he is, then my journey here was pointless."

planswalker
2010-06-22, 08:09 PM
"Was tasty" the kobold replies.

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 08:11 PM
"I'll have to trust you that. If that is all, goodbye." He turns to leave.

planswalker
2010-06-22, 08:15 PM
they ignore you.

HypoSoc
2010-06-22, 08:21 PM
Kanteis heads to Strakjammer.

planswalker
2010-06-22, 11:55 PM
His office on Banker's row is open. Inside, when you ask to see him, you are told that a teller can take care of any of your banking needs. There is no need to disturb the owner.

HypoSoc
2010-06-23, 05:16 AM
"I only need a minute or two of Strakjammer's time, then I will be off."

Diplomacy
[roll0]

planswalker
2010-06-23, 02:18 PM
"What is this business with Mr. Strakjammer?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-23, 02:22 PM
"I only need to ask a few questions about his relationship with my client."

planswalker
2010-06-23, 03:17 PM
"You as detective?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-23, 03:22 PM
"I am not."

planswalker
2010-06-23, 03:24 PM
"Then why should he consent to your interrogation?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-23, 03:31 PM
"For the same reason as to why he would want his employees to receive consent for their investigations."

planswalker
2010-06-23, 03:39 PM
"I'm afraid i need something less vague than that if i am going to let you see him."

HypoSoc
2010-06-23, 03:47 PM
"I just want a quick word about an incident that happened recently, so confusion can be cleared."

planswalker
2010-06-23, 03:48 PM
"What incident?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-23, 03:49 PM
Kanteis sighs, "Attempted murder."

planswalker
2010-06-23, 03:57 PM
"Could you be a little more vague? What you say could mean anything. Surely you understand that we are not about to let just anyone start interrogating the boss just because they have 'suspicions' of 'attempted murder'."

HypoSoc
2010-06-23, 03:58 PM
"And you understand, the position I'm in? I just need one question and one action, then I am done."

planswalker
2010-06-23, 04:01 PM
"So you say, but why should we consent to this at all? Why should we not just ask security to politely escort you out right now?"

HypoSoc
2010-06-23, 04:33 PM
"Because cooperation is the simplest way to make me leave. If you deny my admission, then that will be considered the answer to my investigation, which I shall return. Innocence can me proven in a moment's time."

planswalker
2010-06-23, 04:36 PM
At this point, a gnome in a mechanical suit eight and a half feet tall walks though one of the back doors and says, "Well, i might as well meet with the fella. My bodyguards will of course accompany us throughout the entire process, just in case. I am a legitimate businessman and have nothing to hide."