PDA

View Full Version : Designing Guards

theos911
2010-06-04, 07:54 PM
My half-drow fighter pc has just enlisted the help of a local militia to aid in the fending off an encroaching goblin attack. The People he got are as follows:

(Fghtr 1)Graek- Two-Handed Weaponer, Power Attack for sure, takes lead sometimes

(Warrior 1)Ricorin & Gellantara- Sword and boarders, Defensive mainly, needs to last long

(Warrior 1 Bard 1) Warriobard- Semi-artillery, ranged, little bit o'healing/buff

In the mob of whom he also enlisted help from he got 3 people:

a warrior 1-very similar to above warriors, but less defensive more striker but still sword and board

Panven- Half-elf warrior 1 crossbow user

Thief- Longest guy in mob/ been there since forming, lvl 3 rogue, sneaky, shifty, but trustworthy

I need to stat these guys, but I'm not any good at picking feats. Aside from Graek's power attack, I don't know where to go with feats. Any Suggestions my fellow playgrounders?:smallconfused:

*all but the said half-elf are human

Greenish
2010-06-04, 07:58 PM
Combat Expertise seems like a given on the more defensive guards. Improved Trip is a natural follow-up.

Person_Man's melee combos (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127026) is something worth taking a peek at.

WorstDMEver
2010-06-04, 09:05 PM
If you have e-Tools, just crank out some randoms. Unfortunately, that is PCGen's biggest weakness - can't just crank out stat-block NPCs.

I agree with Greenish, generally - though a light armor rapier weilder would be cool and flashy....

Jarveiyan
2010-06-05, 05:23 PM
Graek - Power Attack, Wpn Focus, Cleave

Ricorin & Gellantara - Toughness, Combat Expertise, Improved Shield Bash

Warriorbard - Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Extra Music

Warrior 1 - Wpn Focus, Improved Initiative

Panven - Point Blank Shot

Rogue 3 - Stealthy, Wpn Finesse, Point Blank Shot;

These are my suggestions.

theos911
2010-06-05, 10:00 PM
@Jarveiyan

That's what I wanted to hear. I wanted someones actual opinion on what they would use, and you gave it.

*cookie for you*