PDA

View Full Version : kpenguin's Wonderful Day

kpenguin
2010-06-04, 08:06 PM
Today was my last day of high school and it was wonderful.

I spent the day walking around campus, finding people I like, and telling them how cool they are, what I like about them, and how they've made my high school experience awesome.

Doing this was so... nice. I don't know. I just feel really great telling people how great they are and spreading around joy. I got a little jump in my heart every time someone "awwwwed" or smiled or laughed with me. I got a suprising amount of hugs and "you're cool" my way as well, which was really nice.

I also told a girl I have a crush on that I like her. She doesn't reciprocate, but she said she appreciated the honesty and said I was a "really sweet guy". She gave me a hug and asked for my e-mail, which I happily provided.

Awkwardly, she and I had been shipped by some classmates for a good part of the semester, so we had a bit of an audience watching us. There were lots of "awwwwws" and reassurances towards me that "she likes you too".

All in all, a great day. It reminded me how much I'd miss high school. I'm not a big fan of school, but I like the people I enjoyed it with.

High school... was like a tabletop game with poor mechanics and lame fluff, but played with a good group. Sure, a lot of the GMs were boring, but some were great, exciting and entertaining. Sure, some of my fellow players were obnoxious and downright hostile, but a lot of them were joys to have at the table.

I'm smiling right now, as I have for the entire day. My cheeks hurt, but I don't care. :smallsmile:

Blue Ghost
2010-06-04, 08:08 PM
Sounds like you got the essence of joy right there. Joy is sharing a smile. :smallsmile:
Congratulations on your wonderful day, kpenguin. Here's to many more days like this one!

Cobalt
2010-06-04, 08:11 PM
That is exactly how I want my final day of high school to go. Thankfully, I've still got a few years of this whole experience left before then. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

I'm glad you enjoyed your awesome, awesome day (of awesomeness). Also, crongats on graduating!

Sneak
2010-06-04, 08:19 PM
I imagine my final day of high school will go more like "GET OUT THE WAY GUYS I'M GOING TO COLLEGE NOW," but that sounds awesome, and good on ya.

Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps I will do the same when I graduate.

In any case, CONGRATS and *high-five*!

CrimsonAngel
2010-06-04, 08:23 PM
Go get some. I'm glad you had a nice last day. :smallsmile:

Lyinginbedmon
2010-06-04, 08:44 PM
My last day of secondary was along the lines of "The faster I'm out of here the faster I need never return nor think of here again". My last day at college was better, and I spent quite a bit of it wandering quiet empty halls remembering the times I'd spent there.

Still, you've had a wonderful day indeed, here's to hoping the high doesnt wear off for a few days longer :smallsmile:

CrimsonAngel
2010-06-04, 08:48 PM
I can't wait till' I get to highschool...

Ofcourse, kids in middle school are already souless drug adicts, so how bad can it possibly get?

Recaiden
2010-06-04, 08:58 PM
My last day was today as well. Though Yesterday was more like what you described. Today all I had to do was show up for a minute, as I had no scheduled exams, just attendance.

@Crimson: It gets a lot better, actually.

fetfet
2010-06-04, 09:17 PM
Dude, sounds awesome. I can only hope that 2 years from now, I'll have as much satisfaction saying goodbye to my high school.

Felyndiira
2010-06-04, 09:27 PM
*steals kippie's nice day* :smalltongue:

More seriously, though, congratulations on your great day. I guess being bright and positive definitely pays off in a major way.

Deth Muncher
2010-06-04, 10:07 PM
Happiness? I can't let THAT happen.

You say you've had your last day of highschool? Sucks to be you, because now you enter the (pseudo) REAL WORLD, where you have to work and have 40 page research papers! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

No but really though, gratz.

kpenguin
2010-06-04, 11:20 PM
College will likely be a pain, sure. But I hope to meet some great people there, just like I've met great people here in high school.

Also, my two best friends are coming with me to the same uni, so there's that. :smallsmile:

Ichneumon
2010-06-05, 12:36 AM
High school... was like a tabletop game with poor mechanics and lame fluff, but played with a good group. Sure, a lot of the GMs were boring, but some were great, exciting and entertaining. Sure, some of my fellow players were obnoxious and downright hostile, but a lot of them were joys to have at the table.

I... really like this comparison.

_Zoot_
2010-06-05, 01:45 AM
I congratulate you on completing high school!

I'm somewhat looking forward to the end of my high schooling at the end of 3rd term (I'm also somewhat not because there is a lot of assessment in-between now and then and I will need to get used to a new system after high school).

But still, that sounds like a really really great way to spend the last day there!

(And I love your comparison)

Crimmy
2010-06-05, 05:34 PM
I can't wait till' I get to highschool...

Ofcourse, kids in middle school are already souless drug adicts, so how bad can it possibly get?

Quoting Alma, from "Pillow Talk":
"Believe me, if you gotta ask, you're really missing it"

kpenguin
2010-06-05, 07:20 PM
Quoting Alma, from "Pillow Talk":
"Believe me, if you gotta ask, you're really missing it"

...what?:smallconfused:

Crimmy
2010-06-05, 09:53 PM
...what?:smallconfused:

In middle school, most guys are souless drugaddicts. How much bad can it get in high school?
That's CrimsonAngel.

If you have to ask, it's because you have no idea. That's me.

Clearer? Or was I even more confuzzling?

kpenguin
2010-06-05, 09:56 PM
Ah. that makes sense... sort of.

Myatar_Panwar
2010-06-06, 11:08 AM
Congrats dude. I myself got out last year.

And really, even though I had a pretty ****ty HS experience overall, I do still miss it. And I wish I did some of the stuff you did. I was one of those "Okay there is my diploma, yes thank you" *Drives off as fast as possible*

Ichneumon
2010-06-06, 11:33 AM
"Okay there is my diploma, yes thank you" *Drives off as fast as possible*

So was I... I've been regretting it ever since.

AstralFire
2010-06-06, 11:58 AM
Awww.

High school is a wonderful time of life - or can be. Glad yours ended on such a bright note.

kpenguin
2010-06-06, 03:33 PM
"Okay there is my diploma, yes thank you" *Drives off as fast as possible*

I am so glad I didn't do this. I thought about it during some of the low points of high school, but honestly, I'd have so much regret if I did.

ForzaFiori
2010-06-06, 08:42 PM
I did what you did a few weeks ago, except that I didn't have that many people to talk to. 4 or so good teachers, maybe 15 good friends. THEN grab the diploma and run. Our school just went through an administration change, so it's tightened everything up horribly.

kpenguin
2010-06-12, 03:54 PM
Update: had my graduation ceremony just an hour ago. Popping in before I head off to a party. It was great. :smallsmile: