PDA

View Full Version : A question.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-04, 08:18 PM
Somebody brought this up recently. Why can't you make your own titles? If you really don't want titles to matter it makes more sense to allow people to use their own. We already monitor each other's posts and signatures. It wouldn't be hard at all to monitor people's titles as well. I assume there's a reason but I figured I'd ask.

Jokasti
2010-06-04, 08:56 PM
Erm, I think it's because they're meant to be special.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-04, 09:00 PM
Erm, I think it's because they're meant to be special.

Doesn't that kind of conflict with the idea that the titles aren't supposed to matter?

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-04, 09:47 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Because what we need is one more thing to have to moderate or one more thing people can use to try to one-up each other. :smallsigh:

Titles exist because they are part of the forum software. They are what they are because it fits in with the Giant in the Playground theme and was part of the early structuring of the forum. Eliminating them would remove that thematic element, and letting people choose there own creates: 1) more work for the moderators and 2) additional opportunities for people to dub themselves "[Inappropriate thing] in the Playground" or "[Better than whatever you put in your title] in the Playground" or even "[Nothing to do with the Playground whatsoever."