PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Turning A Deathlord Into an Elemental

Leliel
2010-06-04, 08:48 PM
Yep, this is another "possible way to completely screw over the Neverborn" thread, courtesy of Leliel.

Well for those of you who haven't read the White and Black Treatise, Wrath of the Five Elemental Dragons is a Solar Circle Spell designed to kill one particular target by overloading their bodies with one of the five elements. That's clear to me.

What is confusing is what happens to the target if the spell does what it's supposed to-their soul is transformed into an Elemental of the same permanent Essence as they had before, bound to serve you for a year and a day.

Which is also pretty easy to understand, but then we have the Deathlords, who are souls-who are also supposed to come back after a year, unless you find their Bane. But if you kill them with this spell by RAW, they can't do that, seeing as how they're Greater Elemental Dragons (and probably very unhappy about it-probably because the Solar/Infernal is gleefully treating the once-high-and-mighty evil overlord as the world's most badass footstool).

So, am I misreading the rules, and if not, what rampant plot hooks do you see from turning the Lion into one of the Kukla's cousins?

Jokasti
2010-06-04, 08:51 PM
Well for those of you who haven't read the White and Black Treatise, Wrath of the Five Elemental Dragons is a Solar Circle Spell designed to kill one particular target by overloading their bodies with one of the five elements. That's clear to me.
Right. I thought the DL's didn't have bodies?

Leliel
2010-06-04, 08:55 PM
Right. I thought the DL's didn't have bodies?

Sorry, habit.

I regard corpus as a ghost's body.

EDIT: And it doesn't say "body", it says form.