PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Invocation/Arcane casting PrC's

koeldflare
2010-06-05, 01:29 AM
Hey guys, wondering if you can help me out with something. I'm building a Sorc/Warlock for a character in a campaign, and I'm looking for a couple of PrC's that will advance both Arcane Casting, and Invocations.

I already know about Eldritch Theurge in Complete Mage, but was wondering if there were any other ones out there that could be useful.

In case people are wondering I'm planning on making him a high Charisma character, that'll (eventually) use his eldritch Blast to deliver both damage and negative status' upon all my foes.

Thanks!

PId6
2010-06-05, 01:43 AM
Well, if you can convince your DM that warlock counts as a spontaneous casting class and take Arcane Preparation, Ultimate Magus might work.

Alternatively, get sorcerer to cast divine spells somehow (Alternate Spell Source?) and use Eldritch Disciple/Mystic Theurge.

You're options are pretty limited otherwise.

veovius
2010-06-06, 10:15 AM
I've been trying to come up with a decent way to do either of the Invocation dual progression PrCs, but they all suck, especially at levels 1-4ish. And to boot, most of them are spell-focused, not warlock focused, in that you have to take Wizard/Sorcerer/Cleric 2 or 3, and Warlock 1 to qualify. I wish there was one that was more like Warlock 3 / Spellcaster 1 to get into, since I like the warlock flavor better.

On a side note, I did end up going Warlock 8 / Cloistered Cleric 1 / Hellfire Warlock 3 / Initiate of Sevenfold Veil 7 :D