PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a game

Eloel
2010-06-05, 10:09 AM
I'm looking to play a game similar to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or Medal of Honor: Airborne, in that it's a shooter, has a mostly 'well-lit' environment (I know how lighting can make for a better game. I'm not interested, I like seeing my enemies.), and lets you 'upgrade' your gun/whatever as you use it. In both the aforementioned games, you got to get experience/challenges for using a gun (Marksman challenges come to mind in CoD), and in return got extra attachments/bonuses for the gun.

Now, I know what I'm telling sounds very specific, I'm able to search for this game since 2 games from 2 different series share them, so there should be more.

Oh, and the computer I have access to right now has a lousy graphic card, (GeForce FX 5200) - I tried to play CoD and MoH over, and they refused to work.

If anyone has any suggestions on other sub-genres of Action (stuff like Prince of Persia) with similar concerns in mind, please suggest away, chances are, if you liked it, I might too.

Thanks to all in advance.

Ellye
2010-06-05, 10:18 AM
has a mostly 'well-lit' environment (I know how lighting can make for a better game. I'm not interested, I like seeing my enemies.)I'm glad I'm not the only who thinks like that.
Seriously, dark environments are "cool", "edgy" and all, but I'd rather be able to play the game without increasing my monitor Brightness.

Unfortunately, I can't really think of a game to recommend you. :/

factotum
2010-06-05, 12:02 PM
I've just been playing Just Cause 2, which ticks those boxes--unfortunately, I don't think it'll run on a 5200 because it requires DX10.

The only other game I can think of which has upgradable guns (well, your skill increases with guns in it, anyway) and generally well-lit areas is Borderlands, but it's a bit of a Marmite game--you either love it or you hate it!

Eloel
2010-06-05, 12:32 PM
I've just read the system requirements of Borderlands. Ouch.