PDA

View Full Version : Terminator [PrC - Dwarf - 3.5]

Waargh!
2010-06-05, 01:53 PM
TERMINATOR
A secret dwarven craft of creating and operating battle armor.

Requirements: Dwarf, Craft(Armor) 6, Craft(Weapons) 4

Skills: Craft(Any), Intimidate, Climb, Jump

Skills Points: 2+INT

{table]Level | BAB | Saves | Features
1 | 1 | 2/0/0 | Terminator Armor I
2 | 1 | 3/0/0 | Big Weapons
3 | 1 | 3/1/1 | Terminator Armor II
4 | 1 | 4/1/1 | The Cannon
5 | 1 | 4/1/1 | Terminator Armor III
6 | 1 | 5/2/2 | Huge Weapons
7 | 1 | 5/2/2 | Terminator Armor IV
8 | 1 | 6/2/2 | Double Cannon
9 | 1 | 6/3/3 | Terminator Armor V
10 | 1 | 7/3/3 | Anti-magic aura
[/table]

Terminator Armor I: You gain the ability to craft and operate the Dwarven Terminator Armor. This armor is one size larger than its wearer. The wearer rather than donning it, climbs inside it. It consists of complex mechanical parts to enable its wearer to move around. It consists of metal, stone and wooden parts. It cannot be used by any other creature and it is designed to fit and be operated by its original wearer.
The armor counts as a Heavy Armor and has a +10 AC, Max Dex +0, -20 Armor Penalty, 80% spell failure. Its basic materials to craft cost 3,000gp. It counts as a mastercraft armor and can be enchanted normally. You can also use special material at a normal cost.
You are considered one size larger inside the armor, gaining all the advantages and disadvantages (not attribute changes) and can be targeted normally. You use your normal size weapons and you cannot use larger weapons due to any feat or other class feature (but see below).
To evacuate or enter the armor, you need a full-round action.

Big Weapons: You can equip your armor its size weapons. In order to do so you have to attach the weapon on the armor's arm (move action).

Terminator Armor II: You gain a DR 2/Adamantine and reduce ability damage and negative level by 2, while inside the armor.

The Cannon: You attach a secret dwarven weapon on the shoulder of your armor, referred as The Cannon. You can fill the cannon with small rocks or metal pieces. This ammunition weights about 10 lbs. You use gunpowder which you can craft with with 10 ranks in Craft(Alchemy) and spending one hour for 10 shots worth of gunpowder to make it. The special materials for the powder can be found or bought (cost 1gp per 10 shots).
In order to use the cannot you need a move action to load it (provokes AoO) and a standard action to fire it (doesn't provoke AoO). It targets a cone shaped area, as it fires the small amunition in all directions, up to 60ft. It allows a Reflex save for half damage. The DC is [10+1/2 character level+Wis+2]. It deals 1d4 per character level bludgeoning damage.
You cannot run while the cannon is loaded and the cannon itself weights 30lbs.

Terminator Armor III: You gain Resist 2/All Elements, Resist 5/Force and Resist 5/Negative Energy. You gain a +10 on saves against poisons and diseases delivered by contact.

Huge Weapons: You can equip a weapon one size larger than your size.

Terminator Armor IV: You gain DR 3/Adamantine, as you further enhance the armor. You also reduce any ability damage or negative level by 4.

Double Cannon: You can equip another cannon, but you still need a full-round action to fire each one. Alternatively, you can fill the cannon with a round-shaped metal piece. You 1h of work to create 10 ammunition and a furnace or any other appropriate place. Each one weights 10lbs and would cost 1sp to buy it.
This type of ammunition a square up to 100ft. It deals 1d8 per character level bludgeoning damage, with a Reflex Save to negate the damage. Creatures get +2 bonus on their reflex save for every size category smaller than your size (adjusted by the armor). For every size larger than you, the creature gets a -2 penalty.
You can fire both cannons as a full-round action.

Terminator Armor V: You learn how to move more effectively inside the armor. You can also run up to CON rounds while in the armor. After that you are unable to run for 1h. You also reduce the Armor Check Penalty to -10. Finally, you further enhance your armor, providing you a +11 AC.

Anti-magic aura: You learn a mystique crafting technique that lets you change your armors magic property. You can choose to substitute a +1 enchantment bonus for your armor to gain the "Anti-magic aura" feature. You can make the choice as a move action on your turn. The "Anti-magic aura" features lasts for 1 minute and it functions exactly like an Anti-Magic field. After 24 hours, you regain the +1 enchantment bonus of your armor and regain the ability to activate the aura again.

Waargh!
2010-06-06, 09:40 AM
Feats
Bonecrusher
Requirements: Terminator level 6
When you hit a smaller than you creature with a weapon of your size or greater, you attempt to pulverize it. The creature makes a Fort Save with DC equal to [10 + 1/2 character level + STR] before you roll damage. If he fails you multiply the damage by every size category smaller than you plus 1. For example, if you are large and you hit a small creature you would deal x2 the damage. You can use this ability CON mod times per day but only once per creature per encounter.

Juggernaut Charge
Requirements: Terminator level 9
You charge cannot be stopped. You may charge a creature passing through squares occupied by smaller than you creatures. If any creature tries to stop you you can make a trample attack. If it succeeds you continue charging. If not, you stop there and your action is lost.

Terminator's Rage
Requirements: Terminator level 8
When you first get hit in an encounter, on your next turn as a single action you may fire both cannons as a single full-round action. Both attacks have to target the enemy that hit you. If it is a cone attack, the enemy has to be in the center of the cone.

Anti-magic Upgrade
Requirements: Terminator level 10
You can substitute +2 enchantment bonus to get a Spell Resistance equal to [10 + 1/2 Character level + CON]. You also gain the ability to use your Anti-magic aura class feature. If you do so, after the Anti-magic aura's effect ends, you lose your spell resistance as well (along with the +2 enchantment bonus) for 24h.

Rapid Cannon Reload
Requirements: Terminator level 5
You can load your cannon(s) as a swift action

Combined Blast
Requirements: Terminator level 5
You can choose to fire both your cannons as a standard action at the same time. You deal 1.5 the damage you would normally deal.

Frog Dragon
2010-06-06, 09:52 AM
As is, at first level. It'd be wiser not to be in the armor. And as I look further. The armor kinda sucks. Adamantine Full Plate is better most of the time, until you get to really high levels in this class. All it's really giving you is a subpar armor option and slightly bigger damage die. In addition, Anti-Magic aura has no fluff basis.

Waargh!
2010-06-06, 04:10 PM
Adamantine Armor costs 15k. Isn't that right? It is not free...
At first level you get +2 AC, -2 Reflex Saves. Usually you will benefit more from the AC for your role, so it is a plus. Balanced that way. You need a full-round action to get up while prone, which is a minus. I believe it is balanced.
Though, thinking about it, it needs some fixes. I made it from a base to a prestige class, so I need to make it enchantable from level 1. Will change that.
Also, I forgot the penalties you get for larger size. So I will remove the trip disadvantages and make it function like a normal large creature, except from the weapons at level 1. You can also make it adamantine or use any other material, but I will specify this.
I think with the above it is better than a normal full-plate. It becomes better than an adamantine full-plate so you save that money.

It gives you some attack bonuses, not great, but it is not intended to be overpowered. The cannon's damage was intended to use character level, not class level, i will specify this. I forgot also to specify its DC. I will make it [10+1/2 Character level + 2 + WIS]. I am thinking of giving Double Cannon a bonus on its DC for larger than you creatures, a +2 for every size difference. What do you think?

I will increase DR/2 adamantine on level 3.

Anti-magic aura is just a special enchantment you can put on your armor. I will specify this.

Hawk7915
2010-06-06, 04:36 PM
The good/cool:
- By the end (say 14th level minimum), you get what amounts to a +2 Adamantine Full Plate for ~3,000 gold. Except, as it's masterwork but not magic, you can feel free to enchant it further.
- Resistance to some hard-to-resist elements: Force and Negative Energy. Very exciting.
- Natural reach! That's worth the one level dip by itself, almost.

The bad:
- Attack and reflex penalties on top of a nightmarish ACP.
- The cannons are awful. They're expensive, by the rules if you have the "big" or "huge" weapons equipped they can't be loaded, and they take a full-round action to do a pitiful amount of damage. The "round shell" is even worse: reflex to negate, and someone with Evasion gets a +5?
- Terrible weakness to disarming.
- By the time you get "Anti-magic aura", it's as much a curse as a blessing. Sure you get immunity to pretty much everything except Orb spells, but your magic weapons and any other enhancements you have on your armor "turn off".

What I'd change:
- Make the cannons a standard action to fire. Not going to hurt anything.
- Eliminate the clunky "can't do anything, must attach" clause on weapons. You reach the level, you equip big weapons. That's it. Storing/equipping them is the same action as normal.

Waargh!
2010-06-06, 05:05 PM
You seem to be right, I will make those changes.
What is ACP? I will remove reflex penalties all together.

I think I should also make it accessible sooner. Will reduce the requirements by 2 levels.

I will make cannons standard action, make you fire both as a full-round action. You are perfectly right, they were kind of useless like that. Especially since they are a secondary choice!
Will make them load with a move action and add a feat to do this as a swift action.
The cannons are supposed to have a free cost. You just need to spent some time preparing them, which I guess you will have available. If not, you cannot use them. The cost were wrong as well! It should be 1gp per 5 shots (just to give a cost).

The cannons I believe now are useful when fighting something with a low Reflex. Which is the only serious reason you would try to fire a cannon ball on something. Except if it is big. With a full-round action, you get 2 shots with a 1d8 per level damage. Which is pretty good for a secondary weapon. You can also do 1d4 damage per level to multiple creatures. Seems fair. Reducing the requirements by two levels makes them more powerful. Think they are decent now.

EDIT: Some other minor fixes. Made two feats for the cannons.