PDA

View Full Version : Corpsecrafter Applied to Create Construct?

Maerok
2010-06-05, 03:37 PM
Would it be admissible to allow Corpsecrafter (or a reflavoring of it) to apply to Craft Construct and specifically the Effigy Master's abilities? It'd help you get a little more bang for your buck. For Destructive Retribution the damage type would be changed to fire. Any bonus to Turn Resistance would be a bonus to saving throws against Construct/object-affecting spells (or the ability to take a save even if saves aren't allowed).

It'd help a character get more bang for their buck.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-05, 04:27 PM
First: Building a construct that explodes when broken seems to be a bad idea. They cost too much to just let them go boom like that, and the cost of adding that feature would be better served making it tougher. Also, what if you're next to it, and someone one shots it?

Second: Effigy critters don't need a boost beyond just making them from templated critters. To use an example: it costs just as much to make an Effigy Dog as it does to make an Effigy, Lolth Touched, Mineral Warrior Dog.

Now, to not be a stick in the mud, I could see a version of Effigy Master that used the Ice Beast Template instead of Effigy creature Template.

Also, one of the Dragon Mags has additions for constructs. Things like extra arms, better armor and even low intelligence.

Maerok
2010-06-05, 04:48 PM
Oh, I've never used Effigy creatures but I didn't think they would be very effective compared to the real thing.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-05, 04:54 PM
Oh, I've never used Effigy creatures but I didn't think they would be very effective compared to the real thing.

Oh? Construct is a fine thing to be. No Con to worry about. No Need to breathe. Your HD become big fat D10s and crits/sneak attack becomes a thing of the past.

THE construct to go for is a heavy templated Hydra. Anything that brings up Dex and Str is good (Such as Lolth Touched: +6 Str for free)

Oooh! Idea! A Mineral Warrior Effigy Octopus. Swims through the ground under its master all day, then strikes from below. :smallamused:

Now I have a question for our fellow Playgrounders: How can a Cleric get into Effigy Master?

arguskos
2010-06-05, 05:09 PM
Now I have a question for our fellow Playgrounders: How can a Cleric get into Effigy Master?
Take the Envy domain. Meet the skill prereqs. Profit.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-05, 06:10 PM
Take the Envy domain. Meet the skill prereqs. Profit.

Hmm... Not a very good Domain. Poor Spells and a crap power. :smallconfused:

I can always use a Drake Helm I guess. Or swap out the Envy ability for a Devotion Feat.

arguskos
2010-06-05, 06:13 PM
Hmm... Not a very good Domain. Poor Spells and a crap power. :smallconfused:

I can always use a Drake Helm I guess. Or swap out the Envy ability for a Devotion Feat.
...WUT. Envy gives Ray of Enfeeblement, Vampiric Touch, Magic Jar, the Wish line, and Simulacrum 1 level early. That's a FINE domain, though not as powerful as one like Spell, which wins at everything forever. The granted power does kinda make me go "meh" though.

Drakevarg
2010-06-05, 06:17 PM
First: Building a construct that explodes when broken seems to be a bad idea. They cost too much to just let them go boom like that, and the cost of adding that feature would be better served making it tougher. Also, what if you're next to it, and someone one shots it?

I don't think Destruction Retribution actually results in exploding zombies. It's just that when they're destroyed, they let off a pulse of negative energy.

Vizzerdrix
2010-06-05, 06:39 PM
Hmm... On Second thought, I must agree with it being a good domain. To make matters better, I think I've found a Deity that works well with a build I've been trying to pull off. Thanks