PDA

View Full Version : Psionics and chakra binds

Escheton
2010-06-05, 05:53 PM
I have been reading you could combine these to bind sooner then your lvl otherwise could. How does this work?
Also, how can one get the most out of a psionic classdip in a dip madness//totemist?

thanks in advance

Fax Celestis
2010-06-05, 05:54 PM
Two words: Soul Manifester (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a).

Starbuck_II
2010-06-05, 07:20 PM
2 more words: Midnight Augmentation.

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-05, 08:02 PM
Combine the psionic open chakra power (from MoI) with Midnight Augmentation, Overchannel, and some levels in soul manifester. Just add water psionics and stir laugh.

Escheton
2010-06-05, 08:23 PM
wouldnt you need praktised manifester as well. Seems powerfull, and well fun. Though a bit feat intensive.

edit responce to next post: problem is that you must either take psion/wilder or psiwar for that spell. No ardent for you. And I like ardent.
Though totemist2/psion3/soul manifest 10//whatever with a decent bab and hd, works well.
Might take that over the totemist/barb prestige.

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-05, 08:28 PM
Also, how can one get the most out of a psionic classdip in a dip madness//totemist?You may be better off doing a totemist dip in a psionic build. You'll want 2 levels of totemist to grab the totem bind, and feats, psionic open chakra, and soul manifester can do the rest.

I have a shaper/constructor that's gonna hit totemist 2/soul manifester 10 here as soon as he's done with his current PrC. It doesn't seem like a good fit, except he's got a bunch of Shape Soulmeld feats already.

Incarnum is really dip-friendly, and with, as you said, Practiced Manifester, you should be good.

Zaq
2010-06-05, 11:50 PM
wouldnt you need praktised manifester as well. Seems powerfull, and well fun. Though a bit feat intensive.

edit responce to next post: problem is that you must either take psion/wilder or psiwar for that spell. No ardent for you. And I like ardent.
Though totemist2/psion3/soul manifest 10//whatever with a decent bab and hd, works well.
Might take that over the totemist/barb prestige.

Expanded Knowledge says hi.

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-05, 11:57 PM

Might take that over the totemist/barb prestige.Don't post responses to posts after your post in the post that preceded the response to the post you preceded the following post with via that post.

It's bad manners, and won't get your post seen by the one you're responding to. The only reason I saw this one is because of Zaq's post quoting yours responding to mine.

Also, Expanded Knowledge, research, custom mantles, and psychic chirurgery.

Draz74
2010-06-06, 02:12 AM
Expanded Knowledge says hi.

I wonder if the writer of this feat had any comprehension of just what a staple of the whole Psionics system it was destined to become.

It's brilliant game design, but possibly unintentionally so. :smallamused:

Escheton
2010-06-06, 12:18 PM
You are not allowed to post unless like 2 or 3 others have posted after you. No spam rule. Figured just editing is the best way around that.
I shall post and delete from now on when I do so to bump the thread while still keeping the spam low.

Those are some good points guys, saves me from being mad after having to add int to the mix as well. Thanks

Douglas
2010-06-06, 12:27 PM
No, the rule is no posting two posts in a row. 1 post in between by someone else is enough to make it acceptable. If the last post in the thread is yours, edit it rather than posting again. If the last post is not yours, go ahead and post again if you have something to say, even if the post right before it is yours.

Flickerdart
2010-06-06, 12:32 PM
The 3 post rule applies only in the SMBG board. Saner boards are exempt.

2xMachina
2010-06-06, 12:32 PM
No, the rule is no posting two posts in a row. 1 post in between by someone else is enough to make it acceptable. If the last post in the thread is yours, edit it rather than posting again. If the last post is not yours, go ahead and post again if you have something to say, even if the post right before it is yours.

Else, you can get edit ninjaed, which gets rather confusing after a while...