PDA

View Full Version : Wild feat that lets you treat yourself as an animal: broken?

Da Beast
2010-06-05, 06:58 PM
Heart of the Wild[Wild]
You can infuse yourself with the essence of nature, opening new spell casting options.
Prerequisites: Wild Shape.
Benefit: By expending one daily use of wild shape you can treat yourself as an animal for the purpose of casting spells for 10 minutes per character level. This allows you to use animal only spells such as animal growth on your self, but not on any other non animal target. Similarly, this does not allow others to target you with animal only spells or effects. Any animal only effects still active when this ability wears off are immediately dispelled.

Would this be broken? On a normal druid I'd probably say yes, simply because the last thing druids need is to be more powerful. But what about in conjunction with this wild shape variant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30019) I wrote a while back or possibly as an aspect if using the aspect of nature variant from UA?

Edit: I'm also unsure if letting anyone treat the feat user as an animal would weaken or strengthen it. On the one hand it opens the user up to a few offensive spells, but these spells tend to be druid only, somewhat weak and rarely seen. On the other hand, it would allow party members to add some really nice buffs to the user a lot faster than he could by himself. It would also make this a great feat for wild shape rangers with a druid in the party.

demidracolich
2010-06-05, 07:24 PM
You should specify that it also works with the shapeshift variant because it makes sense. As for balance, wildshape isn't the most balanced thing in 3.5 so I'm not sure.

Da Beast
2010-06-05, 09:07 PM
Shape shift druids don't get any uses of wild shape to power the feat. Perhaps a house rule could be included to let shape shift druids take the extra wild shape feat.

jokey665
2010-06-05, 09:42 PM
Nature's Avatar says this is probably a bad idea.

DracoDei
2010-06-05, 10:59 PM
There is some PrC in a splat-book that lets you do this I think...