PDA

View Full Version : What alignment is Trigon?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-05, 09:01 PM
Trigon from teen titans if you were wondering. I'm trying to think of what Alignment he is. I don't think he's lawful since he broke his promise with slade and Raven even says "Whatever he promised you, He's not going to give you." Or something like that.

So, what alignment would you playgrounders say he is?I've started and alignment debate haven't I?

Drakevarg
2010-06-05, 09:07 PM
Of course you have. :smalltongue:

As for his alignment... I'd guess Chaotic Evil. He's essentially destroying all of existance just because he can. He ignores the fact that the Titans are trying to stall him, and makes them fight doppelgangers for the lulz. Obviously he can't be expected to keep a bargin. He's not terribly pragmatic either, allowing such proven Magnificent Bastards as Slade wander about unchecked because he's so certain of his invincibility.

Alternatively, Trigon is to Evil as the Snarl is to Chaotic: that's his ONLY alignment.

Beorn080
2010-06-05, 09:15 PM
Clearly he is Chaotic Good. After all, if he destroys everything, he has wiped evil out completely. Seems pretty good to me. Sure, he'll also destroy all that's good in the universe, but as the Bureaucratic Deva said, "We don't penalize for inefficiency." /endsarcasm

I second Chaotic Evil.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-06-05, 09:22 PM
Is it Saturday already?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-05, 09:23 PM
Is it Saturday already?

Yep.

If it helps, This is for a backup character..

FoE
2010-06-05, 09:23 PM
In the original comics, Trigon destroyed the Earth in order to use the souls of its inhabitants to re-populate the universe he hailed from, which he slowly destroyed in a bid to free himself from his inter-dimensional prison. So a case can be made for Lawful Evil.

Cartoon-wise, he's purely Chaotic Evil. He has no motivation beyond conquering the universe.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-05, 09:26 PM
Cartoon wise is what I was looking for.

chiasaur11
2010-06-05, 09:29 PM
Chaotic evil then.

All the way.

(Darkseid, however? Lawful Evil.)

Mystic Muse
2010-06-05, 09:36 PM
This doesn't seem to be much of a debate.

So, Chaotic evil then?

Oh, and my theory is the snarl is the second law of thermodynamics.No. Not really.

Tanuki Tales
2010-06-05, 10:29 PM
I don't really know if Trigon honestly got enough screen time to really get a defined alignment.

Just because he changed Jump City (the fact that they never showed world wide ramifications for anything he did) into a molten slag pit doesn't make him Chaotic Evil. He reshaped the city to more suit his tastes and this just happened to run counter to what people actually living there would agree or be able to survive with (mostly). Is this an evil act? Oh yes. But anywhere specifically on the Chaos-Order axis? Not really.

If anything, the fact he changed reality to a specific theme and kept it that way shows more of a lawful component.

Compare to when The Joker stole 99% of Mr. Mxyzptlk's power during the Emperor Joker Miniseries. He was constantly re-arranging not only the very fabric of reality to suit his whims of the moment but also the very concept of logic!

2+2 = Fish? Done.

Raining Cream Pies? Sure.

Make all the most powerful cosmic characters act like Frat boys while I'm a huge, grotesque fetus? Definitely!

Eat the entire population of China out of a Chinese takeout box no larger than normal? Yum yum!

Now that is being Chaotic with your power.