PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Coming Up With a Creed

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-06-05, 10:01 PM
Okay so who has watched Boondock Saints?

Remember the awesome prayer they said while killing people merciliessly. I'm looking for one of those for my charater. Only not catholic based.

General points that the creed could cover based on the story:
-orcs bad, death to orcs
-death before slavery
-family more important than well. . . anything/anyone else
-fight BBEG (big bad evil GOD, named The Shadow)
-other fluff

Anyone good with poetic? Anyone not good with poetic but good at finding sourcese and changing words around?

Any help would be appreciated. . im very much stuck. . . :smallconfused:

gallagher
2010-06-05, 10:12 PM
EDIT: sorry, in my original post, i was too sarcastic, and when trying to be witty i was instead mean

ShadowsGrnEyes
2010-06-05, 10:14 PM
_________ for the ____________ God

fill in your own blanks. it is a generally good creed, easy to remember, and the drunks in the tavern will have no trouble repeating it when retelling your story after a few tankards of watered down ale

I was going for something longer, more speech like. At least a few sentances. Preferably somthing long enough that she could get suitably annoyed when she cant finish it, but no so long I cant insert it on a regular basis into combat.

gallagher
2010-06-05, 10:24 PM
I was going for something longer, more speech like. At least a few sentances. Preferably somthing long enough that she could get suitably annoyed when she cant finish it, but no so long I cant insert it on a regular basis into combat.

here is a Karl Kline Poem, it sounds very paladin-ish
"To stand forth in strength;
The strength of wisdom,
The strength of knowledge,
The strength of power,
The strength to stand tall,
The strength to say nay,
The strength to be proud,
To be strong, able and wise,
Down this road true freedom lies."