PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed Combat help plz

xDacY
2010-06-05, 11:03 PM
So Iv been wondering unarmed combat only deals non-lethal dmg and deals a base dmg of 1d4 if i remember right, but what about kicking, elbowing and head butting these are all different forms of unarmed combat, and iv been dealing with another problem i have a character who knows different forms of karate and does different grapples holds and stances, so far Iv just been having him keep it simple and different stances give him +1 att or +2 deff and so on but i can tell he's gonna want to get into more complex fighting and i really dont know what to do, if anybody has any idea on how to help please let me know

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-06-05, 11:09 PM
Make a class or prestige class or something.

Waargh!
2010-06-05, 11:25 PM
There are already base classes, PrC and feats (like Monk or Stunning Fist). People can suggest some if you want. But probably he will start as a Monk. The Complete Warrior has some feats and a PrC for grappling.
If you want stances make a feat for them.

Loki 14
2010-06-06, 10:42 AM
Swordsage Unarmed Variant. < Stances + Unarmed.

Spiryt
2010-06-06, 10:47 AM
Unarmed Combat rules generally cover all what you can o without weapons, holds, pushes, kicks, knees, slams.

The same way like simple attack roll covers all what you can do with sword or axe. System's just too simple for anything more interesting, it focuses on other things, fight just stays all like "I attack - ok, roll the dice".

xDacY
2010-06-06, 10:50 AM
yeah i guess i could take traits from the monk class but heres the issue im not playing DnD im playing d20 modern so if i use a class or some feats from DnD i dont want everyone else saying they wanna pull different things from other classes that dont apply to the game. I was kinda hoping someone already ran into this problem and had an easy table to look at or some already made up karate class