PDA

View Full Version : Call of the dragon The resistance

Illven
2010-06-06, 12:06 AM
This is the IC thread for the resistance, you all are in prision, after failing to escape when burning down a bar known for being an Enforcer hang-out, however while in processing, a loud alarm, distracted the guards and made them leave the room with your weapons and armor still fresh, have fun escapeing and roll initative

Eloi
2010-06-06, 12:16 AM
Laerbein hastily retrieves her equipment and equips herself with it. "It's so nice to be with my trusty longsword again." she said with a sigh of relief.
Initiative: [roll0] + 1

Illven
2010-06-06, 12:18 AM
Nice roll, a total of 19

Eloi
2010-06-06, 12:20 AM
Laebein tries to Disguise herself as a guard.
(+11 skill mod in Disguise, +2 bonus for having eight ranks in bluff)

Illven
2010-06-06, 12:22 AM
Creating a disguise takes 1d3x10 minutes of work unless you have a spell, do you really want to try

Eloi
2010-06-06, 12:24 AM
Yes. Laerbein attempts to Hide (+1 skill mod) and do the disguise.

Eloi
2010-06-06, 12:26 AM
And it takes [roll0]0 minutes to do so.

Illven
2010-06-06, 12:26 AM
Okay roll the hide check

Eloi
2010-06-06, 12:29 AM
Laerbein takes the up-most care to curl herself into a ball, furiously applying the make-up and designing the guard costume, knowing her allies are dependent on her to succeed.

[roll0] + 1, if I remember the mechanics of that correctly.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-06, 12:58 AM
Jace

Jace rushes out, picks up his longsword, then starts putting on his chain shirt and buckling up. He picks up his shield, ready for war... " Laerbein! Let's go! " he whispers, ready to attack anyone guards.

Ini:
[roll0]
Hide:
[roll1]
Move Silent
[roll2]

Readied: Attack with spear when they come within reach of 7 squares.

Eloi
2010-06-06, 01:02 AM
"Cur, you shall address me as Honorable Lady, you are my prisoner." Laerbein takes his sword from him. She whispers to him "I have a plan. We might not even have to battle."

Illven
2010-06-06, 01:04 AM
I need you to roll a bluff check Eloi

Eloi
2010-06-06, 01:07 AM
I need you to roll a bluff check Eloi

For sure. [roll0] + 8

Illven
2010-06-06, 01:08 AM
When you roll stuff like that do it 1d20+8 in bewteen the roll /roll instead of how you do it. Okay it'll add it up for us

Eloi
2010-06-06, 01:10 AM
When you roll stuff like that do it 1d20+8 in bewteen the roll /roll instead of how you do it. Okay

[roll0] Understood.

Illven
2010-06-06, 01:11 AM
Well the total is a 20

Eloi
2010-06-06, 01:13 AM
Laerbein walks Jace out of the room in shackles. Laerbein proceeds outwards urging Jace to follow. "We'll have to do a transfer of prisons for you, rebellion scum."

Illven
2010-06-06, 01:20 AM
Okay let me get this straight, you think you can be in the enemy headquatrers take 10 minutes, and not get interputted in all that time, no, not quite

Eloi
2010-06-06, 01:23 AM
Okay let me get this straight, you think you can be in the enemy headquatrers take 10 minutes, and not get interputted in all that time, no, not quite
Oooo okay, bring on the conflict DM-man. :smallbiggrin:

Illven
2010-06-06, 01:25 AM
Nah going to bed, night

Eloi
2010-06-06, 01:28 AM
Nah going to bed, night

Well that two-days-straight (thats how long I've been up without sleep) build up was kinda anticlimatic, but I can't wait to see what you do tomorrow.

planswalker
2010-06-06, 03:35 AM
Immediately upon the guards leaving the room, the shirtless halfling pulls out his trusty sling from his pants. He picks up about 10 good pebbles to use to distract things. He picks up the stout (for a halfling) stick he had been using at the bar. He calls to the others: "We gotta run from here quick, friends. Why you think you got time to pretty yourself up Laerbein is beyond me. No ruse is gonna be more effective than simply running for it intelligently. The guards aren't here now. They will be here long before you finish that disguise. If some big person is willing to carry me on their shoulders, we'll get out of here alive."

planswalker
2010-06-06, 03:37 AM
Laebein tries to Disguise herself as a guard.
(+11 skill mod in Disguise, +2 bonus for having eight ranks in bluff)

... i don't mean to backseat dm, but how exactly are you doing 8 ranks in a skill at level 1? the cap is 4, and synergy does not care about the modifier, just the number of skill points put in.

Falconknight06
2010-06-06, 11:15 AM
The Halfling is correct a voice mediated by lots of metallic clinking of chainmail says. As much as a disguise would help, I believe we do not have much time and it is likely we will have to be violent on our way out, much like the dragonslayer himself!

Illven
2010-06-06, 12:10 PM
One more mess up I didn't notice Eloi you can only have a max ranks of 4 at this level, fix it, and other resistance members, look over her character sheet, and if you find a screw up PM me

planswalker
2010-06-06, 12:19 PM
Talehos says, "C'mon, we gotta go FAST. you there in the chainmail, that'll take you 4 minutes to struggle into. if you don it hastily, it'll only take a minute but will be much less effective. I could help you don it properly in 2 minutes if you will cover my back on the escape out of here. I can run just as fast as any of you, faster than someone in heavy armor i bet." He assists the man in chainmail to don it properly.

Reptar
2010-06-06, 02:00 PM
From beneath the table of gear a small hand rises up and feels around, searching, It grabs an equally small backpack and pulls it under.
The sound of rummaging comes from the shadows beneath the table and moments later a gnome steps out, his pack over one shoulder. Dressed in rags, dirty studded leather and a mask he makes his way to the door opens it and casts a spell. A flat yellow piece of leather with a string, the mask is eerie in it's simplicity. Quickly closing the door as the spell is complete the minisule humanoid pulls a spiked gauntlet from his pack and fastens it to his hand.
A rusted ornamental claw repositions the masks string behind an ear,"I wouldn't go through that door just yet, let my friends finish their work." he says in a higher voice than you would expect from even a gnome.

Summon Swarm (Bats)

Illven
2010-06-06, 02:39 PM
You all have your armor, and weapons on you, although not drawn for the weapons

Reptar
2010-06-06, 03:32 PM
After a few moments pass Ure opens the door a crack and tries to see what's going on. He's ready to dispel the bats if they've made a move on the door.
If the room beyond is clear he steps through the door.
Initiative:[roll0]

Illven
2010-06-06, 03:36 PM
There are two doors, you came though the south one, which had a grand gate that led to the city and 50 feet away from the south door, which door are you looking out of?

Reptar
2010-06-06, 03:43 PM
OOC:The north one, opened twice, once to summon bats and again to check on them. What kind of building are we in? I guess it's big if the room's 50' square. Pretty low security prison if we committed arson.

Illven
2010-06-06, 04:39 PM
No the room on the south side is an outside area

Reptar
2010-06-06, 04:57 PM
I'm just totally lost now, could you discribe the room we're in?
Is the city 50 feet away from the big south door?

planswalker
2010-06-06, 05:07 PM
The halfling says, "Anyone remember which way we came?"

Wisdom check: [roll]1d20+1[.roll]
according to dmg, wisdom deals with recall of specific details. A wisdom check to recall a specific detail is in order.

planswalker
2010-06-06, 05:12 PM
[roll0]
i goobered up the roll itself

Illven
2010-06-06, 05:36 PM
Okay the place where they process criminals is surronded by walls, with a big golden gate, 50 feet into the gate is a building leading to the cells, the first room in the building is the processing

planswalker
2010-06-06, 05:38 PM
... so, we could leave our room, make a mad dash to the wall, and try to climb over? the best climber can be given some rope and use it to get over, then lower the rope so everyone else has an easy time of it? We could get to a corner so we are less exposed it would be a little easier for the climber to brace againnst the walls?

I'm trying to confirm that this is the layout as we know it. Did i miss something?

Illven
2010-06-06, 07:02 PM
As long as you leave though the south door

planswalker
2010-06-06, 07:08 PM
"let's get outta here real fast! c'mon."

The halfling exits out of the south door and beckons them to follow. He heads straight for the nearest corner in the wall.

does anyone have a climb check higher than +4? how about some rope?

Reptar
2010-06-06, 07:10 PM
What's through the north door?

edit: other than bats?

Falconknight06
2010-06-06, 07:24 PM
I'll follow you, my shorter compatriot says the silver haired man as he follows the halfling out the door. He whispers my name is Gramn by the way

planswalker
2010-06-06, 07:30 PM
"Talehos. Feel free to come along. you don't happen to have some rope, do you?"

Eloi
2010-06-06, 07:31 PM
"*sigh*I'll get to use my disguise kit yet." said Laerbein, filling it away with her stuff. She followed everyone else and hoped they had somesort of plan.

Falconknight06
2010-06-06, 07:34 PM
No, I'm afraid all I own is the armor I'm wearing, the sword I'm carrying, and the symbol of the dragonslayer himself Gramn says, referring to the holy symbol visible on the pommel of his sword as it sticks out of the scabbard on his back.

Eloi
2010-06-06, 07:39 PM
"Dragonslayer should be some sort of poem." said Laerbein smiling, rummaging for some rope. "I have some yarn I make for my costumes [disguise kit], do you think we can use it?"

planswalker
2010-06-06, 08:08 PM
"well, it couldn't support you big folks, but if we took some of our clothing, tore it into strips, and used the yarn to reinforce it, i think it could work."

The halfling takes off his pants as soon as he reaches the wall and begins to do just that.

Eloi
2010-06-06, 08:12 PM
"Well...uh..okay." Laerbein said, taking off her white shirt. Under it, she was wearing sleveless padded armor made in a black leathery material. She tore the white shirt into strips and gives it to the halfling who seemed to know what he was doing.

planswalker
2010-06-06, 08:24 PM
"please help me by tearing these into strips. My pants are probably best torn along the seams and then in half for each peice. Your shirt could be torn into probably 6 strips and be sure to hold your weight. Please tear them apart while i tie them together." Although he is untrained, he is quite skilled with his fingers and proceeds to calmly and meticulously tie the various pieces together with firm knots as they are handed to him. A minute later, he has a makeshift rope finished

use rope dc to tie a firm knot: 10
use rope skill modifier:+4 (no ranks, use rope can be used untrained)
taking 10: 14
each knot is a full-round action to tie. Her shirt is torn into 6 strips, my pants into 4. that's 9 rounds. assumed that the lady helped me by tearing the strips as i tie, then that is one round extra to get the first 2 strips and then i begin tying.
If the dm would like, double check me on p.86 of the phb for use rope, and p. 65 for taking 10 on a skill check. We are in no immediate danger and have little else to distract us.

Reptar
2010-06-06, 08:42 PM
In the northern doorway the young gnome watches his brothers in crime rush out. He takes one last look through the northern doorway.

Eloi
2010-06-06, 08:55 PM
"Good job on the rope, Talehos. Lets hope its long enough for the wall." said Laerbein examining the rope and the length of the wall.

planswalker
2010-06-06, 09:03 PM
"well, which of you big folks think you are able to climb this?"
(ooc: if one of you has at least +5 on climb, you can take 10 while bracing against the corner of the wall and automatically succeed on any climb checks dc 20 or lower.)

Eloi
2010-06-06, 09:08 PM
Laerbein looks at Gramn "You're tall and well-built, why don't you try it?"

OOC: Crap, he's offline. Now what?

planswalker
2010-06-06, 09:15 PM
ooc: well, i'm not likely to make it without some major help. we really need the DM to tell us how tall the wall is and what kind of surface it has anyways.

Illven
2010-06-06, 09:17 PM
It is stone and only 10 feet tall.

Eloi
2010-06-06, 09:19 PM
"Eh, nevermind, it looks short enough." said Laerbein.

ooc:So with rope, can we just go up it without a Climb check?

planswalker
2010-06-06, 09:22 PM
well, you medium humanoids could take 10 on a dc 8 jump check to jump up and get a grip on the top of the wall, pull yourselves up, then toss me the rope and i could climb it no problem.

Eloi
2010-06-06, 09:45 PM
Laerbein attempted to jump up but came back down. "Ugh...I've fallen and I can't get up. I need help."

ooc: Got a 5 + 2 on my Jump check in OOC.

planswalker
2010-06-06, 10:18 PM
ooc: you would have landed on your rump but could easily have gotten back up and tried again. you only failed by 1. it was not a critical failure, which doesn't even exist for jump.

Eloi
2010-06-06, 10:19 PM
"Hold on, let me try again." Laerbein jumped up successfully this time, threw the rope down for the others. "Come on up Talehos."

ooc: Got an 11, so hooray.

planswalker
2010-06-06, 10:23 PM
the nimble halfling easily scrambles up the side of the wall with the rope for support.
"I can give us cover fire if the guards come busting in on us. Everyone hurry, climb up!"

he puts a rock in his sling and stands at alert.

Falconknight06
2010-06-06, 10:28 PM
Well, let's hope this works Gramn says, running at the wall and jumping, grasping for the top

Jump
[roll0]

Climb if I get a high enough jump
[roll1]

Gramn grabs hold of the top of the wall, vaulting himself up on top next to the halfling. He reaches his hand down towards the woman whose shirt has made the rope.

Jump up and I'll grab your hand and pull you up

Reptar
2010-06-06, 10:28 PM
Opening the door he finds his bats descending on the imates locked in cells, he immediately disperses them and prays that they will be found before they bleed to death. Closing the northern door on the inmates inside, Ure dismisses the bats and sprints out the big doors to his allies. In just seconds he's below them and climbing up the rag rope.

Eloi
2010-06-06, 10:31 PM
"Glad everyone got up well." said Laerbein, pulling up the rope. "Now I can say I gave the shirt off my back for you guys."

Reptar
2010-06-06, 10:37 PM
"Wait there's one more."

Eloi
2010-06-06, 10:40 PM
Laerbein throws down the rope again for the late arrival. "Come on up." she said.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 03:58 AM
Jace

The Elven soldier rushes after the group, having fallen behind for something. He smiles at Laerbein, " Forgot my daggers and my bow! "

Seeing the 10ft high wall, Jace smiles. He's got a rope as well, and is quite strong enough to climb without trouble. He even considers vaulting the wall, yet somewhere in the back of his mind he hears one of the Druid's of his people, berating him as a child for trying the same thing. " Better not. " He mumbles. Throwing his spear up for Gramn to catch, he runs, jumps...

Jump:
[roll0] (+7 for normal and +9 for run up)
Climb at the end:
[roll1]

Observers will note that Jace thought against jumping then did it anyway. This is intentional RP> :smallbiggrin:

Eloi
2010-06-07, 04:06 AM
"Its a party now that there's two elves!" said Laerbein with a chuckle.
She looked outwards. "We need to go on, did we forget anyone?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 04:59 AM
Jace

He laughs at her joke.
" Not sure, but right now I think we need to go. I've got a bad feeling about this if we stay. My soldier sense is buzzing. " He says, drawing a dagger. He searches the area with his eyes, missing nothing.

Spot:[roll0]
And Know: Local
[roll1]

planswalker
2010-06-07, 12:59 PM
"well, mr elf, if you had been here with the rest of us, maybe i wouldn't be in my skivvies right now. Would you mind lowering your rope and letting me climb down real quick?"

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 05:57 PM
Jace

Jace twists around, smiling from adrenaline. " Here! Grab it! " The soldier cries, throwing his own rope down. When the man grabs it he uses his great strength to hoist him up over and out.

Str Check?
[roll0] Perhaps +2 circumstance bonus? Include if DM says so.

planswalker
2010-06-07, 06:03 PM
ooc: no str check required. i am at the top of the wall. just simply throw the rope over the side and hold onto the other end so i can climb down. no str check required, neither do you need to do anything special. i will assume that i simply climb down and the rest of you can lower yourselves over then drop down without harm. We then make a break for it and we're done.

"Thankee mightily" the halfling says to the elf as he climbs down

taking 10 on the dc 5 climb

Reptar
2010-06-07, 06:21 PM
The little gnome looks out across the city, freedom beckons. One last glance at the prison, before hopping off the wall.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 06:39 PM
Jace

" No problem. Now whats the situation? I want us ready for war. " The soldier says, longspear stuck in the ground. He puts his rope back and adjusts his chain mail shirt.

Spot:
[rol]1d20+6[/roll]

planswalker
2010-06-07, 06:51 PM
"Well, our last operation got us all busted. We may want to regroup and come up with a new plan before we rush into danger again."

Falconknight06
2010-06-07, 07:07 PM
Well, we should probably try to get away from here before we discuss this any further Gramn will say with a look around

Spot
[roll0]

Eloi
2010-06-07, 08:07 PM
"I have a plan, actually."' said Laerbein, looking at the others. "We all dress up in disguises, and walk out the front door."

planswalker
2010-06-07, 08:10 PM
well, we just climbed over the wall. going out the front door would require us to break back in first. However, disguises for while we are in the city so we won't be recognized would definitely be smart. Can we get me some pants first? and maybe a shirt?

Eloi
2010-06-07, 08:22 PM
She looks at herself before looking at the halfling. Laerbein giggles nervously. "I hadn't noticed we weren't wearing much until now." She grabs a costume she had made already of imperial garb, put it on, and handed the other to Talehos. "These should suffice, eh?"

planswalker
2010-06-07, 08:33 PM
the halfling puts on the massively oversized clothing, takes 2 steps, then trips on the hem.

"I'm not sure this is going to work as is." He takes the shirt and wears it as a robe, using his sling as a belt. It is still rather baggy, but manageable. "Thanks, my elven friend. Keep the pants. i can't wear them."

Eloi
2010-06-07, 08:39 PM
"Ooh I didn't think of the size issues, sorry. They're a bit big for me too." she noted the shirt came to her knees, the sleeves were about to her knuckles, and her boots was partially covered by the pants. Tho' most of her normal clothes were over-sized normally because they are fit to accommodate armor under them. "Here's outfits for the rest of you." she handed out outfits to the rest of her team mates.

Reptar
2010-06-07, 08:44 PM
"I'll pass," says the Gnome. "thanks anyway."
At least his old rags fit.

planswalker
2010-06-07, 08:50 PM
"Oh WAIT!" the halfling screams. He rummages through the rags used in the improvised rope and keeps 2 of the strips of his former pants. he uses them as a belt and tucks his sling into it. Careful observers will note about a half-dozen stiff places about the size of coins in these strips. "Let's go out into the city at large now!" he says cheerily and begins to march forth away from the prison.

Eloi
2010-06-07, 08:51 PM
Laerbein shrugs confusedly and follows him.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-07, 09:08 PM
Jace

The soldier sighs at the sudden confusion and lack of discipline. As a prince in the Elven army, (ex) Jace was used to discipline even if he lacked caution himself.

" I've got my armour, so lets go. Lets stop now, keep in a close group so we can support each other. Now , advance. " He says.

Reptar
2010-06-07, 09:46 PM
Scrambling down off the wall Ure runs ahead. Running back he complains,
"Hurry up!" with the attitude of an impatient child.

Eloi
2010-06-07, 09:49 PM
ooc: The enforcer Izak has just cast doom on the person furthest up on the wall.

Eloi
2010-06-07, 09:52 PM
ooc: Izak also shouted "halt". Naroc used a lesser orb of acid.
Ranged touch: (d20+2)[18]
Damage: (1d8+2)[4]

Illven
2010-06-08, 03:46 PM
Eloi you are not DM, I will narrate the action, everyone I ask now that you do not look in the enforcers threads, and a map will be up around eight or nine

Edit Okay that was a little harsh, sorry if I hurt your feeling Eloi, problem I can't seem to post a map, anyone have any ideas,

@ Reptar You are hit and take 4 points of damage as one of the guards conjures and flings an orb of acid at your left arm,

@Falcon Knight I need a will save, and an initiative check, if you made the Init check earlier send me a link in a PM

Initative order

Cadian the 9th 21
Maerok* 19
Eloi 19
Falcon Knight 06 18
Dudel 123* 16
Planswalker 15
Voice of Reason* 13
Planswalker 8
Reptar 7
Jesse Drake* 2

Illven
2010-06-08, 08:30 PM
Only Falcon Knight managed to climb the wall before the guards attack

Cadian 9th
2010-06-08, 08:44 PM
Jace

The soldier realises he needs to do something, NOW. He throws his dagger at the closest Caster, then braces his spear and shield, ready to defend the others.

"Get behind me! "

So, I'm moving between the weakest of our group and the enemy, and quick draw throwing a dagger then move action to position.

[roll0] Against touch AC.
Damage:
[roll1]

Crit Confirm: (if)
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Eloi
2010-06-08, 09:31 PM
Laerbein notes combat is going on, and draws her sword.

ooc:@Illven: S'kay, sorry for being so impatient.

Reptar
2010-06-08, 10:41 PM
On top of the wall Ure looks for a clump in thier formation, calling forth bats (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/swarm.htm#batSwarm)on that location. (If he can't catch two people he'll aim for someone with a familiar or a mount.) Invocation complete he hops off the wall, "RUN!" He makes it 40 feet from the wall.

Jump [roll0]
Tumble [roll1]
DC15 on either to avoid [roll2] nonlethal damage on the hop.

planswalker
2010-06-08, 11:02 PM
... did reptar just skip me or did he go out of turn? When exactly did they notice us? before or after i shredded my pants?

planswalker
2010-06-08, 11:48 PM
Talehos breathes his entangling fiery breath at the nearest 2 enforcers, maneuvering so that his line hits as many of them as possible

30ft line of fire. 1/2 of [roll0] fire damage, reflex dc 15 for another half off. anyone who takes any damage from it is entangled for [roll1] and takes an additional 1d6 fire damage that round and each following round that they are entangled, no save.

Falconknight06
2010-06-08, 11:59 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

Will Save
[roll1]

planswalker
2010-06-09, 12:12 AM
initiative: [roll0]

with an 8 modifier, i'm not sure how i could get only an 8 initiative score. there is no "0" on a d20

Reptar
2010-06-09, 12:59 AM
Concentration: [roll0]

Cadian 9th
2010-06-09, 01:43 AM
Concentration: [roll0]

For what?
Also, Talore? What's his char, sorry, I forgot. I'm itching to get up and full attack :smallbiggrin:

Dante

Illven
2010-06-09, 05:34 AM
planswalker, you messed up and inputted the code wrong you had a +1 bonus, not a +8, you had a base roll of 7, so your init for this battle will be 15

planswalker
2010-06-09, 12:58 PM
sounds fair to me. sorry for being whiny.

Illven
2010-06-09, 08:05 PM
@ Falcon Knight You are shaken, how dare you fail your save:smalltongue:
@ Eloi Once Maerok goes it will be your turn, wait for my say-so
@ Cadian the 9th A guy swings a powerful lance at you, but you dodge it and he retreats back

....a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w
01)| * * | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
02)| * * | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
03)| * * | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
04)| * * | E E | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
05)| * * | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
06)| * * | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
07)| * * | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
08)| * * | E | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
09)| * * E | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
10)| * * | | | | | | | | | R | | | | | | | | | | |
11)| * * | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
12)| * * P | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
13)| * * L C | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
14)| * F * * ** * ** ** * ** ** * ** ** **
15)| * | * * ** * ** ** * ** ** * ** ** **

*=Wall
E= enforcer
L= Eloi
C= Cadian the 9th
F=Falcon Knight 06
P=Planswalker
R=Reptar

New everyone doing it correctly initative
Cadian the 9th 21
Maerok* 19
Eloi 19
FalconKnight 16
Dudel 123* 16
Planswalker 15
Voice of Reason* 13
Reptar 7

Cadian 9th
2010-06-09, 09:03 PM
Jace

He moves in front of his companions, standing next 5ft away from one of the Enforcers. He spears the humanoid. " Elven spear strike you down! The Imperium of the Eldar wages war on you! " He cries!

Okay, moving to D11, making an attack against the enforcer there.
(At D9)
[roll0]
Damage:
[roll1]
Confirm
[roll2]
Damage:
[roll3]

Illven
2010-06-09, 09:04 PM
Cadian the 9th you moved already, but you missed

Cadian 9th
2010-06-09, 09:22 PM
oops? I thought It was a new round. The words still stand, no?

Dante

Illven
2010-06-09, 09:42 PM
Okay I'm going to bed, reasonably early I know, If Maerok moves before a quarter to 7, I will be post the results in this thread and then Eloi can go.

Illven
2010-06-09, 09:48 PM
what do you mean Cadian?

Cadian 9th
2010-06-09, 10:13 PM
what do you mean Cadian?

I thought we had another combat round. The first was a chaotic mess, no?
And If not, I want to know that my words were still heard, at least to the other team so they feel scared :smallbiggrin:

Dante

Illven
2010-06-10, 05:16 AM
Well I told them about the dagger throwing and it missed

Illven
2010-06-11, 09:41 PM
Okay Maerok is delaying due to taking 48 hours, Eloi it is now your turn.

Reptar
2010-06-12, 01:26 AM
I think she quit, you could try PM'ing her.

Eloi
2010-06-12, 01:28 AM
I think she quit, you could try PM'ing her.

I explicitly stated I quit in the OOC threat, remember?

Reptar
2010-06-12, 01:33 AM
:smallbiggrin: Good to have you back?

Eloi
2010-06-12, 01:34 AM
:smallbiggrin: Good to have you back?

Seriouslly tho, if I didn't make it clear enough: I'm not participating in the campaign anymore, sorry. :smallfrown:

Reptar
2010-06-12, 01:46 AM
I get it:smallsmile: no problem. You participating in anything else? I liked your songs.
I guess it's Falcon Knight's turn.

Illven
2010-06-12, 12:20 PM
Oh I'm sorry. Well Maerok posted an hour ago Planswalker I need a will save, and it's Dudel123 turn

Illven
2010-06-12, 02:21 PM
Cadian the 9th an orb of acid goes flying past your head from the guy at E8, however it veers off by a wide amount

Also I need everyone to make will saves as the new guy at J12, swings his sword in a weird manner, and a burst of light appears

It is now Planswalker's turn, you have 48 hours to post

11)| * * | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
12)| * * P | | | | E | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
13)| * * | C | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

planswalker
2010-06-12, 04:07 PM
whichever save you need, they are all at a +5 (convenient, eh?) [roll0]-first will save you asked for

[roll1]- second save needed

now for my turn.

Assuming i am still allowed to act based on those saves, i shall take a 5' step forward and use a 15'cone of entangling exhalation, making those 2 enforcers in front of me take 1/2 of [roll2] fire damage [reflex save dc 15 half (minimum 1)]. Then, successful save or not, if they take damage, they are entangled for [roll3] rounds. Each round they are entangled they take another 1d6 fire damage (no save).

Illven
2010-06-12, 04:50 PM
Okay you are shaken, and dazzled. but nothing prevents you from acting

11)| * * P | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
12)| * * | | | | | E | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

planswalker
2010-06-12, 06:31 PM
so, will i need to roll the other 4 d6's for their damage? or will you do that when its their turns? the damage happens to them at the start of their turns, respectively.

Illven
2010-06-12, 07:20 PM
I'll do it during their turns

Illven
2010-06-12, 09:11 PM
Reptar you take 13 points of damage as a mighty lance is swung to your lower torso

It would be your turn but you are disabled, I need a stabilization roll So it is Cadian the 9th turn, since you are down two members I will post another recruitment thread.

LE Means the enemy is on a horse, not four differen people
EE

04)| * * | E | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
08)| * * | E | | | | | | | | | | L E | | | | | | |
09)| * * E | | | | | | | | | | | E E | | | | | | |
11)| * * P | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
12)| * * | | | | | E | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

planswalker
2010-06-12, 09:19 PM
since we are down 2 players, i don't feel the least bit guilty about my entangling exhalation cheese.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-12, 09:27 PM
Jace

The soldier, seeing the drop in his comrades, redoubles his efforts. Some foul sorcery is afoot, he thinks, as he charges an enemy.

Moving to E11 and attacking the enemy at D9, (reach)
[roll0] for [roll0] (1 point of CE, 1 point of PA) so AC -1 and attack +2 damage.

planswalker
2010-06-12, 09:28 PM
... do i understand correctly that the fight is 5:3, and oen of our guys was downed in 1 blow before he could do anything? so much for the story.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-12, 09:35 PM
Jace

Enough of your faltering, Jace thinks. We will defeat them through superior strenght of arms.

Oops, I don't think I can do Combat expertise and power attack: Rolling again.
[roll0] for [roll1] (-1 CE)
In case of Crits
[roll2] for +[roll3]

EDIT: Oh, for crying out loud. Forum roller hates me everywhere. It seems to hat everyone ATM. Might as well fall back...

Reptar
2010-06-12, 11:02 PM
(d100)[I'm sorry but I'm stepping out]

I've tried to be patent and offered to help the Dm, but instead of:

"Drawing his sword a paladin, in the stained silver hide of a dragon, cries out, 'For your failure to submit to the will of Lord Avelrionstrx, by the authority of our lord I sentence you all to death!' Spurring his mount forward, charging across the field. He brings his sword down in a mighty swing against the masked gnomes head. (13 dmg) His swing is powerful, slicing deep into the flesh of the young masked Gnome. As the body falls prone and unconscious he spins his horse around to put some distance between the rest of the resistance members."

we get:

Reptar you take 13 points of damage as a mighty lance is swung to your lower torso

It would be your turn but you are disabled, I need a stabilization roll

Illven
2010-06-12, 11:04 PM
Crap I forgot to copy and paste the words, and yeah if Reptar also goes, we defently need to stop for a little while to get three members.

I think due to the two members, we are better off wraping up this battle as a victory for the enforces and you two limping away and then we can continue the resistance themed mission when I can get three more members

However Cadian the 9th I don't think there is anything preventing you from doing both, you know besides the dual plentlys making it hard to hit

planswalker
2010-06-12, 11:13 PM
... and how in the world will you have them randomly join the battle on turn 2? if we re-recruit, then we probably need to restart. Things were so very chaotic in the beginning that i don't even know how we came to this situation. we started out with people assuming that they'd have 10 minutes to just sit there, put on armor and make disguises. then we started retconning and didn't hear back from you for like forever. If you're gonna re-recruit, then i'm gonna go ahead and drop out as well. let a fresh new team of resistance fighters deal with this. Its not personal, but i'd rather do something new than restart the same jail break or have my teammates disappear then reappear as different people. Maybe you should consider dropping the resistance side of things entirely and just doing an enforcer campaign..

Illven
2010-06-12, 11:16 PM
I won't have them randomly join the battle, hence the victory for the enforcers, and you and Cadian limping away, but I agree the begining was a chatoic mess, which is why, when we have enough members it will be more like a raid the kobolds then like this, but if you rather drop out I won't blame you, Cadian the 9th do you feel the same

planswalker
2010-06-12, 11:31 PM
well, your fast response and my absolute love for this character has convinced me to give this another try. may i make one suggestion? -check spoiler

ooc chat that takes place in the ic thread going in spoiler tags? that way it interrupts the flow of the story less?

Illven
2010-06-12, 11:34 PM
okay that makes sense, although some things like secenry disrecption will be in non-spoilers, okay any other problems if the game that anyone has had please post, slow rate of posting has been fixed, I hope, and poor description will be remeded.

planswalker
2010-06-12, 11:41 PM
what i meant by ooc is things that aren't part of the world itself but is said by the players. scenery desciptions would be ic, but rules explanations are not. i'd also recommend keeping the initiative order out of spoilers just for ease of reference.

Illven
2010-06-12, 11:45 PM
what about maps, also one thing I will probably need to do is put a new OOC thread, and maybe a new IC thread.

planswalker
2010-06-12, 11:48 PM
well, i follow the general forum guide of putting large images in spoilers to keep them from stretching the forum page inordinately wide.

i think a fresh ic and ooc thread is in order also.

Illven
2010-06-12, 11:58 PM
Well it certainly made my posts bigger, but not wider, though I catch your point.

Cadian 9th
2010-06-13, 02:12 AM
Count me in. If you allow Jace to re-roll his attacks, I woul be able to kill off two enforcers, but, forum roller hates me. XD.

Yeah happy to limp away. Due to this being pvp I'd loveto be given some free reign to make a badarse character that slaughters the outnumbering enemies withstyle. Gestalt 2nd ? :smallbiggrin:

Dante