PDA

View Full Version : Sneak attack feats?

WarKitty
2010-06-06, 01:06 PM
Are there any feats that let you either sneak attack things that can't normally be sneak attacked or make things sneak-attackable in situations that they aren't normally? I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a feat to sneak attack undead at one point but I can't find it.

Gametime
2010-06-06, 01:09 PM
There's an alternate class feature in Dungeonscape that replaces something (Trap Sense, I think) for the ability to do half sneak attack damage to immune enemies as long as you're flanking them.

I think there's another one in Complete Champion that lets you sneak attack undead.

There are also various low level spells that allow you to sneak attack undead, constructs, plants, etc. You can get them on wands and use UMD.

Escheton
2010-06-06, 01:09 PM
There are spells, crystals and weaponenhancements for that.
You are probably better off getting feats that give you more damage or let you reroll your 1's.

WarKitty
2010-06-06, 01:10 PM
There are spells, crystals and weaponenhancements for that.
You are probably better off getting feats that give you more damage or let you reroll your 1's.

That would work too, I just need a way to sneak attack things I can't normally sneak attack.

2xMachina
2010-06-06, 01:14 PM
Greater crystals of True Death/Destruction (or maybe named differently, MIC)

Lets you sneak attack them (undead/construct) normally. Needs a +3 weapon though (Go get a GMW cast on it)

lsfreak
2010-06-06, 01:15 PM
Person Man comes to the rescue again! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5845984#post5845984) Check the spoilers.

WarKitty
2010-06-06, 01:17 PM
Person Man comes to the rescue again! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5845984#post5845984) Check the spoilers.

thankyouthankyouthankyou *bookmarks*

WarKitty
2010-06-07, 01:51 PM
There's an alternate class feature in Dungeonscape that replaces something (Trap Sense, I think) for the ability to do half sneak attack damage to immune enemies as long as you're flanking them.

I think there's another one in Complete Champion that lets you sneak attack undead.

There are also various low level spells that allow you to sneak attack undead, constructs, plants, etc. You can get them on wands and use UMD.

I can't seem to find the spells, would someone happen to have a link?

lsfreak
2010-06-07, 02:03 PM
I can't seem to find the spells, would someone happen to have a link?

They're all in SPC. Grave Strike, Golem Strike, and Vine Strike. They're swift-action, one-round spells, but can my UMD's (and by Rules Compendium, assimilate the casting time of whatever spells they cast, instead of always being a standard action as stated in the SRD, etc)

WarKitty
2010-06-07, 02:04 PM
They're all in SPC. Grave Strike, Golem Strike, and Vine Strike. They're swift-action, one-round spells, but can my UMD's (and by Rules Compendium, assimilate the casting time of whatever spells they cast, instead of always being a standard action as stated in the SRD, etc)

SPC?

(filler text to lengthen message)

Curmudgeon
2010-06-07, 02:05 PM
Spell Compendium.

lsfreak
2010-06-07, 02:07 PM
SPC?

(filler text to lengthen message)

Sorry, Spell Compendium. It looks like they're also in Complete Adventurer.

jiriku
2010-06-07, 02:09 PM
Spell Compendium.

Also, if you haven't heard of it yet, Dungeonscape includes rules for a wand chamber, a +100gp add-on to your melee weapon that lets you store a wand inside it. When you hold a weapon with a loaded wand chamber, you count as holding both the weapon and the wand. This is handy for the "x-strike" series of spells, since you may not have a free hand for the wand if you're using TWF.

Myatar_Panwar
2010-06-07, 02:11 PM
For 16,000 you can buy both a Greater True Death Crystal (lets you SA undead, and you do an extra d6 against them and your weapon counts as Ghost Touch) and a Greater Demolition Crystal (you deal an extra d6 against constructs, and your weapons count as adamant against them, and you can SA them).

WarKitty
2010-06-07, 02:39 PM
For 16,000 you can buy both a Greater True Death Crystal (lets you SA undead, and you do an extra d6 against them and your weapon counts as Ghost Touch) and a Greater Demolition Crystal (you deal an extra d6 against constructs, and your weapons count as adamant against them, and you can SA them).

Ummmm...this is level 3? 16,000=forget about it.

Escheton
2010-06-07, 02:46 PM
At lvl 3 you are better off aiding the barb if you have one unless you are a spellthief.

WarKitty
2010-06-07, 02:50 PM
At lvl 3 you are better off aiding the barb if you have one unless you are a spellthief.

No clue what we'll have, but I doubt it. Our parties tend to be caster-heavy, we might get one fighter. I'm actually planning a Fighter 2/Rogue 1 to start off. Odds are I will be the meatshield.