PDA

View Full Version : Whine, whine, complain, complain: The annoyances in life thread

Flarowon
2010-06-06, 01:27 PM
So as the title implies, this is a thread complain. On any scale. On any topic except relationships, because we already have a thread for that (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149338). You can complain that you lost your watch. You can complain that your house is being slowly but surely invaded by parasites from pluto. You can complain that your video game isn't going so well. You can even complain that this thread si stupid and doesn't deserve to exist. That's okay too. So, playground: whine your hearts out!

Eloel
2010-06-06, 01:31 PM
Whine whine whine about university entrance exams coming up .

RandomNPC
2010-06-06, 01:37 PM
My house is slowly but surely being invaded by parasites from pluto!

also, I don't want to go back to work monday. The guy who spys on us for the boss got in enough trouble to actually get in trouble, and he's taking it out on the rest of us.

Trog
2010-06-06, 01:42 PM
Trog's wallet is too small to fit all of Trog's fifties and Trog's diamond shoes are too tight!

ScIaDrd
2010-06-06, 01:59 PM
Waah i have a book report due in three days and I havent even started it, nor studied for tommorow and it´s 20.45 in my timezone.:smalleek:
In this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155044&goto=newpost)thread I wanted to get hep on raising a creature´s CR but the only thing I got was a honest PEAching and getting my stuipd mistakes pointed out. *mumble* Also that means that Djinn in tonic has a mstake in his guide because they mentioned the BAB was wrong and I read it that way in his giude. Also this means I was too lazy to check .*grumble rumble* Also this is a concetrated complaining thread, and the last one in a similar vein got closed by The Roland himself and the rules have been edited to prevent that kind of thing. *baaw*

Knaight
2010-06-06, 02:02 PM
The SAT exists, and still uses the format it does. 10. Parts. For. Three. Subjects.

Scoot
2010-06-06, 02:35 PM
The SAT exists, and still uses the format it does. 10. Parts. For. Three. Subjects.

I took the SAT yesterday, and forgot that they penalize you for guessing. :smallannoyed:

Lord Raziere
2010-06-06, 02:38 PM
I complain about everything.

Eloel
2010-06-06, 02:42 PM
I took the SAT yesterday, and forgot that they penalize you for guessing. :smallannoyed:

If it's anything like the Turkish exam system, they don't actually 'penalize'.

We have multiple-choice questions (5 choices). Right answer gives +1 'point'. Wrong answer takes 0.25 points. Blank gives/takes nothing.

Leaving blank and guessing out of 5 choices eyes-closed, gives the same on average. If you eliminated a single choice, you profit by guessing.

Math to the rescue!

Eldan
2010-06-06, 02:57 PM
I've been working on a research project. Time frame: February to July. Absolutely necessary for it: sunny days.

How did I ever get the idea that would work? We're in Switzerland! We don't get sunny days! Actually, so far, the entire year has only had 10 sunny days, according to the meteorological service!

What am I supposed to do now? I mean, I have to hand something in in a month!

The Glyphstone
2010-06-06, 03:00 PM
I've been working on a research project. Time frame: February to July. Absolutely necessary for it: sunny days.

How did I ever get the idea that would work? We're in Switzerland! We don't get sunny days! Actually, so far, the entire year has only had 10 sunny days, according to the meteorological service!

What am I supposed to do now? I mean, I have to hand something in in a month!

Travel? You can come over here and borrow a few of our sunny days.:smallsmile:

Me.....finals week. Blaargh, so stressful.

Falgorn
2010-06-06, 03:02 PM
My English teacher gave me five projects, an eight-page research paper, and a ten-page journal all due on the same week. This week may also be my English finals. And my history teacher assigned a paper due this week, too. And her finals are coming up, too. :smallannoyed:
[/whine]

arguskos
2010-06-06, 03:19 PM
Trog's wallet is too small to fit all of Trog's fifties and Trog's diamond shoes are too tight!
I hate you for that comment, and yet, your avatar is glorious, so I don't hate you. I am conflicted. :smalltongue:

On-topic: buddy gave me bad times for meeting cute girl at his work. I am :smallmad:.

Off-topic: last time a thread like this popped up, Roland locked it, as I recall. Perhaps the OP might want to clear it with him, make sure it's alright.

Superglucose
2010-06-06, 03:23 PM
I am SO BORED. There is nothing to do because all the local uni kids are studying for finals or taking finals, and then they're all going to leave.

Astrella
2010-06-06, 03:24 PM
Belgh, first exam tomorrow! Stressing! :smallfrown:

Trog
2010-06-06, 03:55 PM
I hate you for that comment, and yet, your avatar is glorious, so I don't hate you. I am conflicted. :smalltongue:
Aside from the "Trogs" in there, that's a Chandler Bing quote from Friends that I always found amusing. :smallamused: I had nothing to really complain about so I thought I'd use the character of Trog to roleplay it. I, personally, have neither diamond shoes nor, sadly, many fifties. :smalltongue: So no disrespect to the people venting in here intending.

My turn:

People don't understand meeeee! Wah! *sob* =P

Scoot
2010-06-06, 03:56 PM
If it's anything like the Turkish exam system, they don't actually 'penalize'.

We have multiple-choice questions (5 choices). Right answer gives +1 'point'. Wrong answer takes 0.25 points. Blank gives/takes nothing.

Leaving blank and guessing out of 5 choices eyes-closed, gives the same on average. If you eliminated a single choice, you profit by guessing.

Math to the rescue!

It's the same. It still bugged me though, because I remembered right after the math section, which I blindly guessed on a good amount.

And I forgot that there was an essay portion of the exam, I was thoroughly unprepared. :smallsigh:

arguskos
2010-06-06, 03:57 PM
Aside from the "Trogs" in there, that's a Chandler Bing quote from Friends that I always found amusing. :smallamused: I had nothing to really complain about so I thought I'd use the character of Trog to roleplay it. I, personally, have neither diamond shoes nor, sadly, many fifties. :smalltongue: So no disrespect to the people venting in here intending.
Poor real Trog, not being as awesome as Chandler. :smalltongue: Never thought I'd use Chandler in that fashion. Oh life, you are so unpredictable.

People don't understand meeeee! Wah! *sob* =P
Oh, I see what you did there. :smallamused: Canny, Trog, canny indeed.

Emperor Ing
2010-06-06, 03:57 PM
Currently congested. :smallyuk:

Trog
2010-06-06, 04:00 PM
Poor real Trog, not being as awesome as Chandler. :smalltongue:
"Good artists copy. Great artists steal." - Pablo Picasso Trog >.>

Eldan
2010-06-06, 04:02 PM
Travel? You can come over here and borrow a few of our sunny days.:smallsmile:

Wouldn't help much, my work can't really be done anywhere else. Well, at least not too far away.

pinwiz
2010-06-06, 04:04 PM
one word pretty much sums up everything that's bugging me right now: Finals.

seriously, they bug me

Lord Raziere
2010-06-06, 04:04 PM
"Good artists copy. Great artists steal." - Pablo Picasso Trog >.>

hah! amateur! I stole THE ENTIRE WORLD for my art! all of it! I am the greatest artist in the world!!!! [/joking]

on topic: I hate complicated math. they should come up with a simpler system.

Strawberries
2010-06-06, 04:08 PM
Whine whine whine being stuck in a hotel with a crappy Internet connection because of a business trip!
(The business trip in itself is, for once, quite interesting. The hotspot...:smallyuk:)

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-06, 04:11 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Concentrated ranty threads tend not to go well. Please either take your discussion to Random Banter, where it can be balanced out by some non-whining, or make a separate thread for it, if it's sufficient to sustain its own discussion.