PDA

View Full Version : Add spells to druid's spontaneous list?

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-06, 04:34 PM
I'm playing a 5th level warforged (with the Small template - 20' speed, -2 Str, +2 Dex, Small size) wild reaper druid (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf) from Dragon Magazine, and the DM has said he wanted me to use the spell point variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/spellPoints.htm), from the SRD. The wild reaper druid adds several spells it can cast spontaneously from the wizard list in addition to summon nature's ally.

I have two feats to spend (1st and 3rd), and I was wondering if there was any way to get additional spells added to my list of those I can cast spontaneously (which will work very nicely with the spell point variant).

Also, for what it's worth, he's a child warforged (mentally and physically about 10 years old), obsessed with death, wielding a giant scythe, with a carapace made of bone. He's using a slightly upgraded fastieth dinosaur (from the ECS) as a 'baby T-Rex' animal companion, bodyguard, and mount.

If I can't get more spontaneous spells, I'm not sure what to take as my 1st and 3rd level feats. I want something with more utility than power, since I'm tier 1 already, and plan on taking Natural Spell at 6th level (which is all I need, power-wise, really). He's going to focus on mostly melee, buffing, and battlefield control (leaving summoning for when it's really needed).

I'm building the whole party, all of which are warforged. There's a single-classed artificer, a bardsader build, and a swordsage multiclass (probably factotum/swordsage/chameleon).

Any source is available, but I have to run whatever I pull out in front of the DM first.

Some suggestions would be appreciated.

[edit] I found the Spontaneous Healer, Spontaneous Summoner (which I already have, BTW - DRUID!), and Spontaneous Wounder feats in C.Divine, though none but the middle one is worth much. If it was the lesser vigor line, however...

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-06, 10:14 PM
I asked the DM to let me take a feat to turn my baby T-Rex into a living construct via a feat. He figured it'd be similar in power to taking a celestial or fiendish animal companion, so he allowed it.

Warforged Companion [Warforged]
Prerequisites: Warforged, animal companion
Benefits: Your animal companion develops similar traits to a warforged. It gains the living construct subtype, and grows composite plating identical to a warforged. It gains a single bonus feat at 1st level, which must be chosen from among feats with the [Warforged] descriptor, and it qualifies as both a warforged and its original type for the purposes of feats, spells, and other abilities.

Any suggestions for my 3rd level feat? I want something that is utilitarian and fun, rather than something to increase my already ULTIMATE COSMIC POWERS!

The Glyphstone
2010-06-06, 10:40 PM
You talked your DM into letting you have a Zord as a companion? That is beyond awesome.

DanReiv
2010-06-07, 05:46 AM
Don't know exactly what a wild reaper druid is (and crystalkeep withdrew basic classes pdf) but since you're small and all maybe your DM will let you take the halfling druid ACF in RoW.

Replaces low level spontaneous summon by usefull utility spell (jump, spider climb, energy protection, freedom of movement, tree stride). More but undersized wildshape.

BlueWizard
2010-06-07, 05:50 AM
Zord? :smallconfused:

Siegel
2010-06-07, 05:52 AM
Zord? :smallconfused:

I think he meant Zoid

senrath
2010-06-07, 05:57 AM
It's possible he meant zoid. Or, he could have meant what he posted. Y'know, a zord? What the Power Rangers have?

Lycanthromancer
2010-06-07, 10:09 AM
Don't know exactly what a wild reaper druid is (and crystalkeep withdrew basic classes pdf) but since you're small and all maybe your DM will let you take the halfling druid ACF in RoW.

Replaces low level spontaneous summon by usefull utility spell (jump, spider climb, energy protection, freedom of movement, tree stride). More but undersized wildshape.Spontaneous summon nature's ally at first level gets replaced with the same at 3rd, but with a bunch more spells added that can be cast spontaneously. Add in soften earth and stone, warp wood, diminish plants, poison, blight, rusting grasp, transmute rock to mud, antilife shell, and finger of death.

It also adds Intimidate as a class skill, adds a few weapon proficiencies (which don't matter, 'cuz they're crap), knocks it down to 2 skill points (though houserules increase that by +2 anyway), grants the same HD and spellcasting, and you can cast Chaotic Evil Good and Lawful spells similarly to a druid, gains a carnivorous-only animal companion (like anyone ever chooses anything else), nature sense, woodland stride, resist nature's lure, wildshape (previous options plus ANY carnivorous or carrion-eating omnivores), disease immunity instead of venom immunity, turn undead (at 12th, as a cleric 2 levels lower), resist death's lure (+4 to saves vs level drain and death effects - not that you get a save vs level drain), fast healing, ability damage fast healing, and timeless body.

If anything, it's more powerful than a druid, if in some ways slightly more limited.

Anyway, I gots a living construct T-Rex. Now I need to figure out what I want to have for my 3rd level feat (can change this for 1st if need be). I considered the summon elemental reserve feat, but I can't get that until 9th.