PDA

View Full Version : Hero Core

Inhuman Bot
2010-06-06, 09:04 PM
I realized that we didn't have a thread for this, nor have we, and that's just not right.

A little while ago, Daniel Remar, (the maker of Iji, one of the best games [I]ever/I]) released a new game: Herocore. (http://remar.se/daniel/herocore.php)

I must say, it's really, really fun. It's a bullet hell shooter, where your goal is to reach the center of your arch-nemesis' asteroid base, and defeat him, preferably for the last time.

There's four difficulties: Normal, which is mildly challenging, Hard, which is an understatement, Annihilation, which is also really hard, but has a side-story, and Reallyjoel's dad, which must be seen to be beleived.

Trailer here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu_xdCHdSqg)

Cubey
2010-06-07, 05:02 AM
I've seen Deceased Crab's let's play. It looks pretty awesome, in a retro gaming style of gameplay. That's Remar for you.

Comet
2010-06-08, 06:00 AM
Finished normal difficulty just now, next up is hard. Should be fun, especially with the retro language settings.

chiasaur11
2010-06-08, 03:52 PM
Finished normal, got the best ending.

Tried annihilation.

Yeah, they weren't kidding about the difficulty there.

Inhuman Bot
2010-06-08, 03:58 PM
Is it just me, or is Tetron and The Living Warmachine a letdown compare to some of the other bosses, IE, Eliminator?

Comet
2010-06-08, 04:21 PM
Is it just me, or is Tetron and The Living Warmachine a letdown compare to some of the other bosses, IE, Eliminator?

The music that plays with those two is sweet, though. But yeah, the Eliminator was one of my faves. The guy seemed to have a lot of character, for some odd reason :smalltongue:

In other news, Annihilation mode kicked my donkey. Ended up watching a Let's Play of it because, damn, I don't have that much free time right now and I wanted to see what the sidestory would be about.
Iji references ftw is all I can say, really. And very pretty graphics on the last boss.

Still going to try beating Hard mode fair n' square.

Cogwheel
2010-06-08, 09:23 PM
Tetron was underwhelming, yes. The other one... I don't remember it. Eliminator was something of a joke, but Guardian was a fantastic boss fight.

Also, I collected absolutely everything and got the good ending on the first try. Quite rare, for me. Fun game, thanks :smallbiggrin:

Inhuman Bot
2010-06-08, 09:37 PM
Tetron was underwhelming, yes. The other one... I don't remember it. Eliminator was something of a joke, but Guardian was a fantastic boss fight.

Also, I collected absolutely everything and got the good ending on the first try. Quite rare, for me. Fun game, thanks :smallbiggrin:

I hated the Guardian. I wasn't a fan of the Guardian Zone's music, and when I first beat him, his top half flew immediately into me and killed me. :smalltongue:

Conjob: Yes, Tetron's theme is so friggin' awesome.

Also, I finally found Zero. That was... Contrived, to say the least.

Tavar
2010-06-08, 11:23 PM
In the guardian zone, right before the boss, there's one of those things, siting on a chain, and a door where you need to kill the enemies before it opens. Only problem, I can't seem to kill him. Anyone have some ideas?

Inhuman Bot
2010-06-09, 04:01 PM
In the guardian zone, right before the boss, there's one of those things, siting on a chain, and a door where you need to kill the enemies before it opens. Only problem, I can't seem to kill him. Anyone have some ideas?

What do you mean? Can you screen shot it?

Tavar
2010-06-09, 04:08 PM
On normal difficulty, it's the foe directly before the Guardian boss, and I realize it's not siting in a chair, that's just what I though it looked like from a certain angle.

In any case, figured out what I needed to do; with the sound on I realized the head was it's weakspot. Beat normal mode as well, though Anhilation is proving a bit much at the moment.

chiasaur11
2010-06-09, 04:16 PM
So, Annihilators.

Worst enemy, or WORST ENEMY?

Comet
2010-06-09, 04:38 PM
So, Annihilators.

Worst enemy, or WORST ENEMY?

Having to face two of the buggers at once certainly made my day.

chiasaur11
2010-06-09, 04:42 PM

Normal, or hard?

Because if it was normal, I think I ran like a little girl when that happened.

Comet
2010-06-09, 04:46 PM
Normal, or hard?

Because if it was normal, I think I ran like a little girl when that happened.

I might be remembering wrong, but I think Annihilators don't pair up until you hit Hard mode. Which is kinda fitting, come to think of it.

chiasaur11
2010-06-09, 05:23 PM
I remember the first time I had to fight one.

It went, roughly, as follows:

"Geeze, there's got to be a trick to these guys"

"Okay, there's no trick. It's just inhumanly tough"

"That's it. FAQ time."

"YES! There is a trick!"

"...And the trick is, they only get hurt some of the time. And they're inhumanly tough. Can't I fight a boss instead?"

Inhuman Bot
2010-06-10, 04:24 PM

You have to fight one and a Warp Eidilon on Annihilation, to get to the final boss.

In any case, figured out what I needed to do; with the sound on I realized the head was it's weakspot. Beat normal mode as well, though Anhilation is proving a bit much at the moment.

I'd probably reccomend doing Annihilation before Hard, as the health scanner helps, and Tetron is harder then The Living Warmachine imho.