PDA

View Full Version : Melee Monster-construct Help!

Raendyn
2010-06-07, 07:56 AM
Hey playgrounders,

I was building a melee construct with effigy,ice beast & elder eidolon templates.

Combining LA boyoff + incarnate eidolon + a LA houserule i am with 0 LA now

I ask for few suggestions for this build, as i am am not very fond, nor used to building melee's.Classes mostly, but items suggestions would also be gladly accepted.

It's gona be lvl 13th,or maybe 14th with the 13th lvl gold.

My sources are all books associated with FR + all the supplements except the tomes.Also, flaws are off limits, as are all other campaign related books.

Just for the record. It is gona be used only in 1 fight, so consumables might save some money, the battle is gona take place (if it favors me) in a lake :smalltongue:

I can still take a race or a "living" template with LA . & would be nice (for flavor reasons) if it was a minotaur or half dragon ( on anything from Sav.Sp. that would support this flavor.Also flavor-based again, i would prefer natural attacks(no multihands,nor multihead), or 2 handed weapon + animated shield!

Thank you in advance for your help. And also forgive me if such a build has already been posted , & give me a link if you can.:smallcool:

Edit: my stats are 16 14 12 12 10 10 +3 from lvl 12 & i can alocate 1 point.
Also this char is not supposed to wield any kind of magic.

Tytalus
2010-06-07, 09:55 AM
I was building a melee construct with effigy,ice beast & elder eidolon templates.

Combining LA boyoff + incarnate eidolon + a LA houserule i am with 0 LA now

Your LA is "-", not 0. The Effigy, Elder Eidolon and Ice Beast templates have an LA entry of "-", meaning that once you apply either of them, the resulting creature is not suitable as a PC. Incarnate construct doesn't change that.

Raendyn
2010-06-07, 04:37 PM
Your LA is "-", not 0. The Effigy, Elder Eidolon and Ice Beast templates have an LA entry of "-", meaning that once you apply either of them, the resulting creature is not suitable as a PC. Incarnate construct doesn't change that.

The concept here as the DM supports this character as a PC.

It's just a single fight, a boss fight to be more specific & the construct concet along with those templates is already decided.

Just for the record, I strongly disagree about incarnate construct changes or not the "-" fact. but that's not the thread topic.

i was looking for few melle build ideas!Got any? it would be gladly apreciated!:smallwink: