PDA

View Full Version : Deep Fried Awesome

Matar
2010-06-07, 08:09 AM
So, who here loves deep fried food? I know I do. I just love trying to find new and tasty things to make in my deep fryer.

One thing I made recently that I thought was real good was a scotch egg. I guess it was a typical recipe, but with a few differences. This is what it was.

Breakfast Sausage
Chopped Celery
Small bit of onion
Carrot

I took all that, chopped it up, and turned it into a paste in my food processor. Covered a few eggs with it, rolled it in breadcrumbs and deep fried it. It tasted awesome, but it was missing something. I'm going to make them again today, but this time I'm going to add bacon into the mix. That might fix it up.

So! What awesome and horrible-for-you foods have you all made with your deep fryers?

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-06-07, 08:13 AM
This thread here will take you through pages of deep fried horror:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8538897&highlight=deep+fried#post8538897

Matar
2010-06-07, 08:23 AM
There so many foods there that I want to try making.

Yet, there are so many foods there that I want to run away from.

D:

I remember that I once made breaded chicken livers, and although they were tasty I couldn't get the wine sauce to flame right. And the chicken livers themselves were kinda... soggy, the breading at least. So I plan to try again, but this time deep fry the Chicken Livers, then add them the skillet with the white wine sauce. That way the flour I use to bread the chicken livers doesn't make the wine sauce unable to to flame. And it should keep everything crisp.

Should be awesome, I think.

Kobold-Bard
2010-06-08, 02:22 PM
So many threads about deep fried food on this site.

Says it all really :smallwink:

monomer
2010-06-08, 02:39 PM
For awhile, my roomate and I tried deep-frying pretty much everything.

Tip: Deep-fried chimichangas with hollandaise sauce surprisingly does not work.

One of the best things we came up with was a deep fried hamburger. It's just two patties with cheese and ketchup between them, and a thick, bready batter on the outside. Deep-fry until the cheese is melted and the ketchup is basically molten-lava. If you get the batter right, this thing is unbelievably good. For some reason, the super-heated ketchup really makes it, but I can't tell you why.

Jokasti
2010-06-08, 02:44 PM
I saw this on IRC once:

Person 1: CRAP! How do I get rid of a dead parrot?
Person 2: toilet
Person 3: Blender
Person 4: do u have a deep frier

Morty
2010-06-08, 02:51 PM
I love everything deep fried. Chicken wings, meatloafs, sausage, bacon - everything. I try to keep it in perspective, though.

Froogleyboy
2010-06-08, 03:28 PM
Oreos. Deep fry an oreo, and you'll be hooked for life

TheThan
2010-06-08, 03:46 PM
For awhile, my roomate and I tried deep-frying pretty much everything.

Tip: Deep-fried chimichangas with hollandaise sauce surprisingly does not work.

One of the best things we came up with was a deep fried hamburger. It's just two patties with cheese and ketchup between them, and a thick, bready batter on the outside. Deep-fry until the cheese is melted and the ketchup is basically molten-lava. If you get the batter right, this thing is unbelievably good. For some reason, the super-heated ketchup really makes it, but I can't tell you why.

twas probably the sauce that ruined the chimichungas, try it with hot sauce (the hotter the better).

TheMightyBanjo
2010-06-08, 03:53 PM
Banjo enjoys the all around versatility of the fryer as a kitchen implement. Even vegetables taste delicious once fried in hot tasty oil!!

Winter_Wolf
2010-06-08, 05:49 PM
You sound like you're missing a proper dipping sauce. A spicy bean sauce with some sugar for a little sweetness might give it a bit of happy.