PDA

View Full Version : Spellthief/warlock?

gallagher
2010-06-07, 12:32 PM
will this work with master spellthief? a requirement is casting second level arcane spells, and as i recall the best spellthief builds actually have minimum spellthief levels as possible, and warlocks give a caster level technically, and many of the invocations say that they are just like other spells. i could get it with straight spellthief, as they have their own spells, but i want it to be able to multiclass with warlock for infinite touch spells.

the build i think would be best as Spellthief 1/Warlock 3/Hellfire Warlock 3/Spellthief 2/Unseen Seer 10

the two spells i learn as a spellthief at 4th level could be divination spells, thus satisfying the unseen seer qualifications

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-07, 12:33 PM
There is some feat or PrC in an Eberron book that allows you to convert spell-like abilities into the equivalent level of either Cure X Wounds or Inflict X Wounds, which would allow a Warlock to qualify.

Keld Denar
2010-06-07, 12:35 PM
Spellthieves don't actually cast spells or even HAVE a CL till level 4. You'd need at least 4 levels of ST in order to advance it with USS casting. Unless you were planning on advancing your Warlock "casting" with your USS levels?

Warlocks do have a CL, but do NOT count as being able to cast spells of X level.

In order to qualify for MST, you'd have to be able to cast 2nd level ST spells, which, IIRC, is level 7 or 8, and then you could add your ST and Warlock levels together.

gallagher
2010-06-07, 12:43 PM
in that case, what would be the best route for this build? i just read that i need to be able to use a lesser invocation for hellfire, so i guess that wont work.

how about Spellthief 1/ Warlock 1/Sorc4/Unseen seer 10/ Sorc 4? or would there be a better option on the tail end of the build?

without the need for boom spells, i can focus on defensive abilities and crowd control with my arcane spells, and my two divination spells could be detect magic and identify, both of which are useful

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-06-07, 05:54 PM
in that case, what would be the best route for this build? i just read that i need to be able to use a lesser invocation for hellfire, so i guess that wont work.

how about Spellthief 1/ Warlock 1/Sorc4/Unseen seer 10/ Sorc 4? or would there be a better option on the tail end of the build?

without the need for boom spells, i can focus on defensive abilities and crowd control with my arcane spells, and my two divination spells could be detect magic and identify, both of which are useful

You need six levels of Warlock to get Hellfire Blast, which is the prerequisite for Hellfire Warlock.

The class previously mentioned is Nosomatic Chirurgeon. But it has a couple of... hitches.

First off, it requires either Heir of Siberius or Least Dragonmark (healing). Which means you have to be a halfling to do this.

Second, it requires 8 ranks in Heal and 4 ranks in Knowledge (Nature). Both are cross-class for both Spellthief AND Warlock. That's gonna really suck.

However, you only need one level to get it to work.

Now then, I believe there's a feat which gives you Heal as a class skill (in fact, I think the least dragonmark does something like that), so you're going to need something like this:

Spellthief1/Warlock4/Nosomatic Chirurgeon 2/HFW3/Legacy Champion 10

That should do ya.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-07, 07:31 PM
To get Heal as a class skill, you can simply be a Glimmerscale (Whatever the dragonblooded Halfling is from Dragon Magic) Halfling.

Starbuck_II
2010-06-07, 07:37 PM
Spellthieves don't actually cast spells or even HAVE a CL till level 4. You'd need at least 4 levels of ST in order to advance it with USS casting. Unless you were planning on advancing your Warlock "casting" with your USS levels?

Warlocks do have a CL, but do NOT count as being able to cast spells of X level.

In order to qualify for MST, you'd have to be able to cast 2nd level ST spells, which, IIRC, is level 7 or 8, and then you could add your ST and Warlock levels together.

Now, a 1st level Wizard with Percocious Apprentice has a 2nd level spell.

So Wizard 1/Spellthief/X works