PDA

View Full Version : 4e Build help

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-07, 05:53 PM
A friend is starting a 4e campaing this summer, and I just don't have idea on what to play, so I kindly ask for the playground suggestions on the matter.
No preferences though I tend to play strikers so a chance of peace might be good.

Starting at level 3 and I have access to the Character Builder (last update was on may)

Thanks in advance

ShaggyMarco
2010-06-07, 09:31 PM
This controller is all about pushing enemies around. I call him the Ironvoker, as the goal in Paragon is to multi-class Fighter, take Iron Vanguard, and do bonus damage like crazy as you are pushing all of the foes around, knocking them prone.

It's playable from level 1, and here at level 3, the Quickbeam Staff of Forceful Rebuking is giving a +2 to pushes, letting you really throw the enemies around.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 3
Dwarf, Invoker
Divine Covenant: Covenant of Wrath
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Staff)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Rod)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 16, Dex 8, Int 12, Wis 19, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 14, Dex 8, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 10.

AC: 18 Fort: 16 Reflex: 14 Will: 17
HP: 34 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +7, Arcana +7, Endurance +10, Insight +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +7, Heal +5, History +2, Intimidate +1, Nature +5, Perception +5, Stealth -1, Streetwise +1, Thievery -1, Athletics +1

FEATS
Invoker: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Versatile Expertise
Level 2: Superior Implement Training (Quickbeam staff)

POWERS
Invoker at-will 1: Sun Strike
Invoker at-will 1: Astral Wind
Invoker encounter 1: Thunder of Judgment
Invoker daily 1: Silent Malediction
Invoker utility 2: Wall of Light
Invoker encounter 3: Knives of the Soul

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Quickbeam staff of Forceful Rebuking +1, Amulet of Physical Resolve +1, Meliorating Chainmail +1, Adventurer's Kit, Sanctified Incense (Religion) (140), Mystic Salves (Heal) (100)
RITUALS
Hand of Fate, Comrades' Succor
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Kylarra
2010-06-07, 09:40 PM
You'll really want to do more than just say "suggest a 4e character" because in a vacuum that's worthless.

Meta
2010-06-07, 09:45 PM
A friend is starting a 4e campaing this summer, and I just don't have idea on what to play, so I kindly ask for the playground suggestions on the matter.
No preferences though I tend to play strikers so a chance of peace might be good.

Starting at level 3 and I have access to the Character Builder (last update was on may)

Thanks in advance

Maybe take a look at the artificer? Neat fluff, effective, unique, and certainly not a striker. Ritual casters and leaders are always appreciated.

Paladin's are also tactically interesting and fun to roleplay. I'd make it a tiefling for a good blend of roleplay and mechanics

EDIT: @ above poster: he didn't give much information but a level 3 preferably non-striker certainly narrows it down at least a bit

mobdrazhar
2010-06-07, 09:48 PM
i second the artificer option but i would change Ritual casting for Alchemist and then take the feat Alchemical Opportunist

ShaggyMarco
2010-06-08, 08:42 AM
I've given you my favorite Controller build, now for my favorite defender:

Like the controller, this certainly isn't an optimized build. That said, you could certainly play cousin to a certain sexy shoeless god of war we all know and love. This runs as a fairly accurate and very mobile defender who specializes in getting to whichever enemies need locking down and staying on them. Long-term, you'll want the greater style feat and could even benefit from some rogue multi-classing in order to get the occasional sneak-dice and a few Rogue-only light blade feats.

At level 3, your stats all are pretty solid, though your Will defense is bad.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 3
Halfling, Fighter
Fighter: Combat Agility
Fighter Talents: Tempest Technique

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 13, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8.

AC: 19 Fort: 17 Reflex: 16 Will: 13
HP: 40 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +6, Heal +7, Athletics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Arcana +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +2, History +1, Insight +2, Intimidate +1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +1, Stealth +3, Streetwise +1, Thievery +5

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Katar)
Level 2: Midnight Blade Student

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Dual Strike
Fighter at-will 1: Footwork Lure
Fighter encounter 1: Passing Attack
Fighter daily 1: Tempest Dance
Fighter utility 2: Pass Forward
Fighter encounter 3: Advance Lunge

ITEMS
Magic Hide Armor +1, Oathblade Katar +1, Pinning Katar +1, Amulet of Health +1, Adventurer's Kit
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======