PDA

View Full Version : Neanderthal question.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-07, 06:28 PM
Alright guys, quick question here. It does not say specifically so I will assume not but I am just throwing it out there regardless. Are neanderthals proficient in the primitive weapons outlined in frontburn. Or if not would there or could there be an appropriate feat allowing them to be so?

Dracons
2010-06-07, 06:36 PM
I don't think they are, but any DM would likely houserule they are.

In anycase, you could take the feat from Complete Warrior
Improved Weapon Familiarity, making all racial weapons martial. They'd still take a class to wield them, like fighter. But they'd likely take a melee class anyway.

Starbuck_II
2010-06-07, 06:37 PM
Alright guys, quick question here. It does not say specifically so I will assume not but I am just throwing it out there regardless. Are neanderthals proficient in the primitive weapons outlined in frontburn. Or if not would there or could there be an appropriate feat allowing them to be so?

No, they just get a bonus +1 to hit with primitive weapons.

You have to get proficiency on your own.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-07, 06:46 PM
In anycase, you could take the feat from Complete Warrior Improved Weapon Familiarity, making all racial weapons martial.

Do those primitive weapons count as racial weapons though? Would primitive weapon mastery suggest that. It kinda makes sense that it would. I was thinking maybe suggesting to my DM that the neanderthal would only receive proficiency in those weapons instead of whatever normal proficiencies they would receive. What do you homebrewers think of that request...reasonable? His base class is fighter PS if that makes any difference to you.

arguskos
2010-06-07, 06:48 PM
Do those primitive weapons count as racial weapons though? Would primitive weapon mastery suggest that. It kinda makes sense that it would. I was thinking maybe suggesting to my DM that the neanderthal would only receive proficiency in those weapons instead of whatever normal proficiencies they would receive. What do you homebrewers think of that request...reasonable? His base class is fighter PS if that makes any difference to you.
It's not RAW, but it IS reasonable. As a DM, I always rule that Neanderthals are proficient in those primitive weapons, since really, it's not a big deal.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2010-06-07, 06:56 PM
Awesome, just was wondering for flavour sake anyways. Ill run it by my DM and let er rip with this Dungeon Crasher fighter variant neanderthal.