PDA

View Full Version : Char build problem sloved. Thanks, Pluto.

Sintanan
2010-06-07, 10:55 PM
I'm looking at building a 15th level Artificer for a Eberron-esque campaign (Like Eberron, more guns).

Attributes: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 19, Int 20, Wis 15, Cha 19. (We use 5d4)
XXHave yet to assign bonus points for levels.
Alignment: Any non-good. The rest of the party is either NE or CE.
Feats: Mithril Body (1st) [refluffed]. I am allowed to take Item Familiar.
Books Allowed: Any WotC book, any web enhancement. Third-party books on case-by-case allowance.

I would like to achieve a decent blend of cleric and artificer, not just a dip into one or the other. As for the artificer's focus, I was thinking a construct focused with buffing as a backup.

So far I figured go at least 7 in artificer for full-fledged wand crafting. As for cleric or PrCs, I have no idea.

HunterOfJello
2010-06-07, 11:11 PM
a cleric dip for 1 level might be best, instead of lots of levels in it. both classes are best with as many spellcasting levels as possible if you're going the cleric route. I'd switch your charisma and wisdom scores for better cleric spellcasting and switch dexterity and strength since you'll likely be in heavy armor anyway.

Pluto
2010-06-07, 11:44 PM
I would like to achieve a decent blend of cleric and artificer, not just a dip into one or the other.
Why not Cleric 15 with crafting feats or Artificer 15 with religious overtones?
Because there's no way to do this well within the rules and there'd be very little difference between the end results (beside having a lot less suck).

You might homebrew a PrC to make multiclassing more friendly, but frankly I'm not sure how to even approach it.

Sintanan
2010-06-07, 11:53 PM
I guess I might have gotten too caught up in Warhammer lately, and after playing one too many clerics in adventures lately I didn't think of just doing straight artificer with religious overtones.

Thanks for the suggestion. That will work just fine.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-07, 11:55 PM
Alternatively, writing up a Divine Craftsman PrC might be interesting...

Keld Denar
2010-06-08, 12:21 AM
I do believe there was a feat called Theurgic Crafting or something out there that allowed basically all of your crafting levels to stack. There was some serious shananigans with that, Master Spellthief, and Sublime Chord to get a truely obscene CL with regards to casting.

That might help you somewhere along the line...

HunterOfJello
2010-06-08, 01:27 AM
If you want to mix the ideas of a Cleric who uses crafting and mechanical stuff, then you might want to check out the Techsmith prestige class from Faiths and Pantheons (a FR book).

The prestige class would give you full spell progression and a bunch of really cool benefits. I've been wanting to play a Techsmith for a while. The requirements aren't too steep at all, the one thing you would have to do is grab one of the Cleric Domains that include the spell Minor Creation.

A techsmith creates a loyal construct dude called a Gondsman that follows him around and gains stats and abilities as you gain levels as a Techsmith.