PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Help. 3.5

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-08, 12:45 PM
Hey,

Im joining a campaign soon and Im thinking of something like this:

Its 10th level...high powered.

Nazathrune Rakshasa: Assassin 3/Master of Masks 2

The race can be found in monster manual 3. Classes in DM Guide, and Complete scoundrel I believe.

How do yall think this will work...and does anyone have any suggestions for playing..tricks/tips?...

also what would be the most important or is my class idea a poorly chosen one?

Eldariel
2010-06-08, 12:48 PM
Master of Masks is generally only good for ~1 level, and for only very specific purposes at that. Assassin is far from the most powerful class as well. That said, the real issue here is your race: Nazathrune Rakshasa is LA +5, but more importantly it has 11 racial hitdice.

This means that a Nazathrune without any class levels is a level 16 character (by the rules). What you're proposing is a level 21 character, which I don't think is alright in a level 10 game. You'd definitely be powerful enough, but that is to be expected when you have twice others' levels.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-08, 12:52 PM
Yeah its why i took it...want to find a spot...the race automatically qualifies for assassin so thought it would be a great start. Master of masks taken to 2 was mainly for the third mask.

What would be a better idea than the assassin.

The race has been approved.

By high powered I was talking about the rolls.

Im looking for something fun to fit in...and in general just enjoy myself.

Yora
2010-06-08, 12:56 PM
I think your gm misunderstood something. With that race you start at level 16 plus class levels. He surely wouldn't allow that if everyone else is playing level 10 characters.
But if everyone plays high ECL races, it might be different.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-08, 01:01 PM
As far as I know people are playing pretty decent chars.

now any tips or suggestions for classes and such?

Another_Poet
2010-06-08, 01:02 PM
Yeah. Your GM either doesn't understand the Level Adjustment rules, or didn't realize that the rakshasa has racial hit dice on top of LA. (Unless everyone else has ECL 21 characters).

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-08, 01:03 PM
Cool understood..

Now.....

to my original questions?

Curmudgeon
2010-06-08, 01:04 PM
As far as I know people are playing pretty decent chars.
Except yours isn't, for the reasons Eldariel pointed out.

now any tips or suggestions for classes and such? Given a character that's already overpowered without any classes, I'm at a loss.

Greenish
2010-06-08, 01:09 PM
One level of Master of Masks with Gladiator and Assassin masks, then Swordsage, since you'll have IL 7 when you take your first level with it.

TripperdeCleric
2010-06-08, 01:53 PM
Thank you...ill look over those masks again.

Siosilvar
2010-06-08, 02:16 PM
Cool understood..
Now.....
to my original questions?

Your original questions are irrelevant.

You should not be able to play that character in a 10th level game. If your DM waived the RHD or the LA, that's fine. Otherwise, you have a character of 21st level instead of 10th.

That being said...

Why 3 levels of Assassin? It doesn't actually give you that much.

Get 1 level of Shadowdancer for HiPS, then add 1 level of Assassin if you really want Death Attack.
I don't know the requirements for Master of Masks or the Nazathrune racial stats so I can't help you much more than that.

Taking Swordsage after three levels will start you with an IL of 8 (14 levels of other things / 2 = 7, +1 for your first level of Swordsage). Assassin's Stance is a 3rd level Shadow Hand stance that gives you +2d6 Sneak Attack if you want it.