PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic Vigor & +0 Metamagic Feats [3.5]

Wonton
2010-06-08, 01:57 PM
Combine Metamagic Vigor (Complete Mage) with a metamagic feat that doesn't change the spell's level but can be applied to all your spells (Cooperative Spell comes to mind). Now, in each encounter, all your spells after the first one are cast at +1 CL.

Sprinkle a few other metamagic feats in there (let's say you've prepared some spells with Empower Spell), and as long as you cast a spell in the round before, the second spell gets +1 DC.

+1 CL on almost all spells or +1 DC when you want it is fairly useful, but probably not worth two feats. So, this is mostly a trick for Mages of the Arcane Order, who have the (otherwise absolutely useless) Cooperative Spell as a prequisite.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-06-08, 03:17 PM
If you have the feats to blow, sure, but it's often much more cost effective to just buy an orange ioun stone than blowing the much rarer resource that is a feat slot.

nedz
2010-06-08, 03:49 PM
If you have the feats to blow, sure, but it's often much more cost effective to just buy an orange ioun stone than blowing the much rarer resource that is a feat slot.

No reason you can't do both, and if you really must have that +1 CL or +1 DC then it might be what you want. Mind you there are several other feats I'd want aheead of this one, if that was my objective.
Sounds like another good use for Invisible Spell [+0 metamagic feat]

Wonton
2010-06-08, 03:57 PM
No reason you can't do both, and if you really must have that +1 CL or +1 DC then it might be what you want. Mind you there are several other feats I'd want aheead of this one, if that was my objective.
Sounds like another good use for Invisible Spell [+0 metamagic feat]

Where's Invisible Spell from? I can't find it. The only other +0 MM feats I could think of were Sanctum Spell, Energy Substitution, Black Lore of Moil, and the Sudden [] line, but all of those have drawbacks or can't be applied to all your spells.

lsfreak
2010-06-08, 03:59 PM
Where's Invisible Spell from? I can't find it. The only other +0 MM feats I could think of were Sanctum Spell, Energy Substitution, Black Lore of Moil, and the Sudden [] line, but all of those have drawbacks or can't be applied to all your spells.

Cityscape, and it's borderline broken for +0 metamagic even without the potential for metamagic reducer abuse.

DragoonWraith
2010-06-08, 04:54 PM
Lord of the Uttercold has no spell level adjustment. Seeing as Black Lore of Moil and Lord of the Uttercold fit together well thematically as well as mechanically, taking Metamagic Vigor plus those two applied to all of your spells seems like a not-half-bad plan.