PDA

View Full Version : [Build Help] Time-Traveling Warforged Artificer of House Cannith

Fax Celestis
2010-06-08, 03:26 PM
Help me spice up my Artificer (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=5103).

Mild backstory: Holston d'Cannith is a direct descendant of Merrix d'Cannith who had his consciousness transplanted to a warforged body after an unfortunate baking accident experiment. He is from the future--several centuries in the future, in fact--and was sent back in time by another accident. So, future-themed stuff would be cool

I'm using Warforged Artificer racial subs for level 1 and 4, but I don't like the one for level 5. I can take up to two flaws, but I haven't found anything worthwhile as of yet to take them for. I have 44 point buy, but I can drop 4 points for +1 LA for something (max of -16 pb for +4 LA); I'm considering dropping 8 points out of CHA and taking Half-Fey, but I'm uncertain if I really want to do that.

I feel like I'm missing some pizazz for the character, or perhaps some sort of combat tactic that isn't buffing, flame blade, or using lesser orb of electricity.

My intended aim is to get into Cannith Wand Adept ASAP, but I don't qualify for any of the prereqs yet.

Mr.Bookworm
2010-06-08, 03:36 PM
I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but have you considered Reforged?

It seems like the sort of thing a human turned into a warforged would take.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-08, 04:17 PM
He would, if he wanted to be a person again. He doesn't, really: he finds the thrill of being one of his own creations sort of fulfilling.

Deth Muncher
2010-06-08, 04:23 PM
I wish I still had some homebrew around that my friends and I used: We were playing a game based on M:tG and I was playing, basically, a Warforged from the plane Esper - basically, it was just the outline of a body, no inner stuff. Might have been cool for a futurey type deal.

But let's see, you're looking for futuristic, timey-wimey things? Randomly have a bunch of Quintessence - what better item for someone displaced from their normal location in time than liquid time itself. I seem to recall Warforged having some sort of arm item that gives them a wand-storage area. Maybe I was thinking of Wand Bracers. Maybe I was making it up. Either way, seems like a good idea for you. Furthermore, you likely have a higher Charisma than most Warforged - roleplay that up by you being all shiny and futurey.

As for other things...why am I remembering that schemas are a good thing to be able to make? I don't know, but you should look into them regardless. I'll post more once I've researched.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-08, 04:28 PM
Change of plans: no more Cannith Wand Adept, now going for the Alchemist Savant PrC out of Magic of Eberron. I like the idea of spellvials. A lot. And I have a DM ruling saying I can load them into the dagger that holds alchemical flasks out of the same book.

Fax Celestis
2010-06-08, 05:17 PM
I seem to recall Warforged having some sort of arm item that gives them a wand-storage area. Maybe I was thinking of Wand Bracers.There is one, but I like the Wand Bracer better since it holds 5 rather than 1.

Furthermore, you likely have a higher Charisma than most Warforged - roleplay that up by you being all shiny and futurey.That is an excellent point.

Deth Muncher
2010-06-08, 05:41 PM
There is one, but I like the Wand Bracer better since it holds 5 rather than 1.

That is an excellent point.

Also, if you can find enough things to steal their magic essence and reconstitute it into something else, you may want to make a Rod of Many Wands - who doesn't like three times the Lesser Electricity Orbs? Of course, if you can't find enough things to deconstruct, you may end up paying a lot out of pocket.